70th Birthday Celebrations of King Harald V of Norway

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Surely at least someone of the Spanish Royals will come?
When would be the last moment they would confirm anything?
Or will they at all?

King Harald said to NTB all European royal houses pluss Monaco and the Grand Dukedom of Luxembourg will be represented. According to Norwegian Press it is comming 2 Presidents (Iceland and Finland) and 5 royal heads of state.

The 4 heads of state that has been confirmed in the norwegian press is
Albert (Belgium)
Albert (Monaco)
Henri (Luxembourg)
Carl Gustav (Sweden)

Not comming
Margrethe (Denmark)
Elizabeth (UK)

so the 5th monarch is then either Juan Carlos or Beatrix, my bet is that it is Juan Carlos since he and the King is very good friends, the King even specially mentions him in his biography, and Beatrix is already sending all her sons with wifes.

Carlota said:
i think larzen is talking about the celebrations for the king of sweden in 2006
yes, exactly:flowers:

I also believe it's more likely that Juan Carlos is the 5th royal head of state attending especially b/c of the friendship between the 2 kings. Queen Beatrix will be well represented. Maybe she is concentrating on the preparations for her upcoming state visit to Turkey which will be days away when these celebrations take place.

I can hardly wait!!

I am back

I had not logged on for more than 2 months.I was quite sick for this time-depression.It just hit me out of nowhere maybe stress maybe mid-life crisis but I am ok now.It is the most difficult period of my life but thanks God I put through.So what is happening in the royal scenes?All I know is that Princesses Maxima;Letiza and Mary are all pregnant.Any other interesting events?

Press release about the celebration
(My translation)

Celebrations of HM The Kings 70th Birthday

The surprises are lined up when HM the King the 21 of February turns 70. On the day the government and Stortinget wishes to honor the monarch. Stortinget will hand over the gift from the elected during and arrangement in the Palace Park. The gift is a statue of Crown Princess Märtha. The Public is invited to attend this arrangement. The Royal Family will be present. In the evening the government will give a dinner in The Kings honor at Akershus.

The celebrations continues from 23-25 of February when foreign royals arrives Friday afternoon

The days starts when the royal family attends a service in the Trinity Church, the service will be aired live on NRK TV

15.30 Will the royal family attend the arrangement in the Palace Park that is hosted by Stortinget. The royal family will walk from the palace to the spot decided by Stortinget.

The birthday ends with the dinner given by the government at Akershus

Between 12-15 on the 21st and 22nd it will be possible for the public to sign a congratulation protocol for the King. The Protocol will lie in the chapel entrance at the northern side of the Palace

Foreign royal guests
5 reigning monarchs and 2 presidents and long row of royals from all of Europe has accepted the invitation to the events surrounding the Kings birthday. The Guests will arrive on Gardermoen on Friday the 23, and most of them will take part in the festive performance in Oslo City Hall in honor of both the King and Queen for their 70th birthdays. The performance is a gift from all the municipalities and counties to the royal couple. Outside the City Hall it will be possible for the public to see the royal family and other guests. The arrival is predicted at 17.55, and the show starts at 1830. It will be shown on TV2

After the show the Crown Prince Couple will host a dinner for the royal guests and heads of state at Skaugum

Saturday in the morning the Royal couple invited to a day at the Norwegian museum for cultural history at Bygdøy. It is predicted a varied program where the guests walks trough Norwegian cultural history. The museum will be open for the public but people must be aware there will be some restrictions on where they can walk. It will be possible to see the show the King and Queen has planned for the guests and the Party-Square

The public are invited to meet at the Palace square at 22.45, while the royals eats dinner it is prepare and show outside the palace, this will be a surprise for the Monarch and the gift from the military

For the guests who does not leave on Sunday the King and Queen will invite to a sleigh ride and Lunch in the Norwegian winter landscape (better it does not start to rain then)

Last edited:
The Guests
http://www.kongehuset.no/dt_kongehuset_newsstyleAll.asp?ogid=5&mgid=5&gid=501&aid=6523

In Norwegian but it should be easy to understand

Sverige
DD.MM. Kong Carl XVI Gustaf og Dronning Silvia
H.K.H. Kronprinsesse Victoria
H.K.H. Prinsesse Madeleine
H.H. Prinsesse Desireé, friherreinne Silfverskiöld og Friherre Niclas Silfverskiöld
H.H. Prinsesse Christina, fru Magnuson og Tord Maguson
H.H. Prinsesse Kristine Bernadotte

Danmark
H.K.H. Prinsgemalen
DD.KK.HH. Kronprins Frederik og Kronprinsesse Mary
H.K.H. Prins Joachim
H.E. Grevinne Ruth av Rosenborg
Grev Axel og Grevinne Jutta av Rosenborg
Grev Birger og Grevinne Lynne av Rosenborg
Grev Carl John av Rosenborg og Mette Otzen
Grevinne Desireé av Rosenborg og Peter E. Rindom

Spania
DD.MM. Kong Juan Carlos og Dronning Sofia
H.K.H. Prinsesse Cristina og H.E. Hertugen av Palma de Mallorca

Belgia
DD.MM. Kong Albert II og Dronning Paola
DD.KK.HH. Hertugen av Brabant og Prinsesse Mathilde
DD.KK. & KK.HH. Prinsesse Astrid og Erkehertug Lorenz

Luxembourg
DD.KK.HH. Storhertug Henri og Storhertuginne Maria Teresa

Monaco
H.F.H. Fyrst Albert II

Nederland
DD.KK.HH. Prinsen av Oranje og Prinsesse Maxima
DD.KK.HH. Prins Constantijn og Prinsesse Laurentien
DD.KK.HH. Prins Friso og Prinsesse Mabel

Storbritannia
HKH. Jarlen av Wessex
H.K.H. ”The Princess Royal” og Kontreadmiral Timothy Laurence
DD.KK.HH. Hertugen og Hertuginnen av Gloucester

Øvrige Kongelige gjester
DD.MM. Kong Konstantin og Dronning Anne Marie
H.K.H. Prinsesse Alexia og Don Carlos Morales Quintana
H.H. Prinsesse Alexandra av Sayn-Wittgenstein-Berleburg og Grev Jefferson Friedrich von Pfeil und Klein Elguth
Lady Elizabeth Shakerley
Madeleine Kogevinas
Sofie Ullens de Schooten

Island
H.E. Islands President og Dorrit Moussaieff

Finland
H.E. Republikken Finlands President og Pentti Arajärvi

Last edited:
Lady Elizabeth Shakerley: 'royal'?

I wonder why Lady Elizabeth Shakerley was categorized under 'other royal guests'?

Lady Elizabeth Shakerley née Anson (*1941) is a daughter of Lieutenant-Colonel Thomas William Arnold Anson, Viscount Anson and of Lady Anne Ferelith Fenella Anson née Bowes-Lyon. She is married Sir Geoffrey Adam Shakerley, 6th Baronet.

So on itself Lady Elizabeth is not 'royal' at al. She has five more or less royal links however:
- her mother Lady Anne Ferelith Fenella Anson née Bowes-Lyon is a cousin to the late Queen Elizabeth née Bowes-Lyon
- her mother Lady Anne Ferelith Fenella Anson née Bowes-Lyon secondly married Prince Georg of Denmark;
- her grandmother was Evelyn Maud Keppel (a known name connected to Edward VII and Camilla)
- she was a bridesmaid to and a lifelong friend of Queen Beatrix of the Netherlands
- her daughter Fiona is a godchild to Queen Beatrix of the Netherlands

Last edited:
So you're right, it's Juan Carlos and not Beatrix.

But it's very nice that Maxima and Mary will be there, so we can see two of the pregnant Crownprincesses ;)

But what about Prince Christian? Didn't some of you say he will be there? Or didn't they list the children on purpose?

detta said:
So you're right, it's Juan Carlos and not Beatrix.

But it's very nice that Maxima and Mary will be there, so we can see two of the pregnant Crownprincesses ;)

But what about Prince Christian? Didn't some of you say he will be there? Or didn't they list the children on purpose?

I would guess that the both Prince Christian and the Oranje kids will tag along, since the Norwegian royal kids are about the same age as them. A right royal play date :ROFLMAO: But they're not on the official guest list, since they're not a part of the official programme. And they're a bit too young to attend dinners and balls :lol:

Queen Beatrix as a last-minute guest?

I still hope Queen Beatrix will attend as a last-minute guest.

The coming week a new Cabinet will start its legislature and the nominees for the various portefeuilles of minister and state-secretary will be given into the Queen's consideration.

If the Queen agrees with the nominations, she will sign the respective Royal Decrees for the dismission of the outgoing ministers, and the Royal Decrees for the appointment of the new ministers. A day later all the ministers and state-secretaries need to present themselves at the Palace for an audience and for their inauguration by the Queen. Maybe the Queen thought the formation of the new Cabinet would cross the festivities for King Harald?

The formation went quicker than expected. So the coming week, the Cabinet will be installed and the Queen can go to Oslo. No problem, I would think.

Thank you for the guestlist and all the informations Larzen:flowers:

Does anyone know why Queen Beatrix won't attend ?

MissSaga said:
Thank you for the guestlist and all the informations Larzen:flowers:

Does anyone know why Queen Beatrix won't attend ?

See post 119 before your question in post 120.

:flowers:

Question about TV-broadcast (To our Danish and Norwegian posters)

Do they broadcast the festivities (23. February) also on TV2 Denmark? (Which I know can bei received in Northern Germany) If not, how does that work if you can receive TV2 Norway by Internet? Do you have to register and pay first? I don´t understand Norwegian.

Spania
DD.MM. Kong Juan Carlos og Dronning Sofia
H.K.H. Prinsesse Cristina og H.E. Hertugen av Palma de Mallorca

Wonderful !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The guestlist looks quite good. It's nice to see Juan-Carlos and Sofia,Christina and Iñaki on the list to represent Spain. :)
It's strange that Queen Beatrix won't attend... :ermm:

Her_Majesty said:
It's strange that Queen Beatrix won't attend... :ermm:

The Queen is in the middle of a complicated formation of a new Cabinet. Surprisingly things went quicker than expected (all the nominated ministers and state secretaries will be received, appointed and inaugurated by Her Majesty, the coming week).

Most likely the Queen must have thought that she needed to be stand-by for the formation and friendly said 'no' to the invitation. But with all three her sons and their spouses, there is a quite big turn out of Orange-Nassaus.
:flowers:

The guest list sounds brilliant!! Thanks for it Larzen :flowers: I can't wait for the party to start!

Today VG has decided to make a thing about the fact that the President of Iceland and Finland has to sleep in a hotel and the fact that they are on the guestlist ranked below all sorts of former or not at all royals. And that Prince Henrik who is not a head of state gets a suite at the Palace whilst the two presidents do not get that.

At the Palace they say that they dont have enough appropriate suits at the palace and they follow the protocoll. (Me thinks they clearly dont want to upset Henrik, we all know he does not take lightly on protocoll issues regarding rank ;) )

So Juan Carlos and Sofia, Carl Gustav and Silvia, Albert and Paola, Furst Albert, Prince Henrik, and the Grand Dukes of Luxembourg are sleeping at the Palace, the rest in Skaugum, The Royal Lodge and Hotels.

This sounds so exiting!
I'm looking forward to see all this glittering Royals ;) !
It's great to see so many Dutch Royals and great that Sofia and Juan Carlos go to Norway, too!
It's a bit disappointig that the Princes of Asturias miss such a big event, again. :ermm: I wonder if it has somethimg to do with the death of Letizia's sister... or if they wouldn't have attended evn if this didn't happen....

A look-back on Harald's life :

King Harald's life in Pictures

http://www.side2.no/kjendis/article902245.ece

Scroll down to see many beautiful pictures!
flowers.gif

nice guestlist!!
i'm curious about the Dutch tiara's and the dress of Princess Madeleine

Kelly said:
So it is set then that Prince Felipe and Letizia won't be attending this event?

I think it is because the death of Letizia´s sister... it is just no rigth if they go to this celebrations

I can't wait to see this event. All the wonderful royal families together again. Imagine all the great and beautiful pictures we will see.
Wouldn't a picture of the children be a treasure. Imagine Ingrid, Sverre, Christian, Elisabeth, Gabriel, Emmanual, Amelia, Alexis, and Louise. I know it won't happen but wouldn't it be nice. I would love to see a photoshoot like when Princess Aiko visited Amelia and Alexis last year. I know it is wishful thinking, but what the heck, we can dream.

Bringing the children along

Wonder whether the fact that Mary brings Christian along is just an exception or whether it means that all other princesses are allowed to do the same.

They are allowed to do the same. Why not? But most Princesses have excellent nannies to take care for the children. It does not make sense to bring them with you while you have a busy and a full program to attend.

I remember pictures of the Duke and Duchess of Brabant leaving the Amstel Grand Hotel in Amsterdam with their little Princess Elisabeth in a MaxiCosi (wedding 02-02-2002).

The only strange thing is that the baby, who plays no part in the festivities, is named on the guestlist (which is really full of faults and mis-spellings).

Christian is not on the Norwegian guestlist, he is listed on the homepage of the danish court. And I agree, sloppy job on the guestlist by the Norwegian court

Danmark
H.K.H. Prinsgemalen
DD.KK.HH. Kronprins Frederik og Kronprinsesse Mary
H.K.H. Prins Joachim
H.E. Grevinne Ruth av Rosenborg
Grev Axel og Grevinne Jutta av Rosenborg
Grev Birger og Grevinne Lynne av Rosenborg
Grev Carl John av Rosenborg og Mette Otzen
Grevinne Desirée av Rosenborg og Peter E. Rindom
http://www.kongehuset.no/dt_kongehuset_newsstyleAll.asp?ogid=5&mgid=5&gid=501&aid=6526

Belgia
DD.MM. Kong Albert II og Dronning Paola
DD.KK.HH. Hertugen av Brabant og Prinsesse Mathilde
DD.KK. & KK.HH. Prinsesse Astrid og Erkehertug Lorenz

Wonderful!!!!!!!!!!

I am really looking foreward to this weeks festivities.especialy the Gala outfits and all the Glitter!!

Me Too will the Men Wear

Uniforms or suits

Last edited by a moderator:
great guest list, im looking forward to this event. Itll be nice to see all the royals gathered together and good to also seem them, especially the ones who we have not seen for a while

Back
Top Bottom