70th Birthday Celebrations of King Harald V of Norway

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Linda Hsu said:
You can see Princess Mary and Prince Frederik dancing. They look so cute and so happly together! :wub:
heart.gif
:wub:

Follow the above link and click on 'Svingte seg med sin Sonja' for the royal dancing.

Hola! magazine shows a very beautiful picture of Frederik and Mary dancing! They look so in love!

http://www.hola.com/galeria-de-image...es&publicacion=

theodora82 said:
ok, thank you Sister Morphine. Another question, It is a boy or a girl? I don't have all followed since the beginning !!!
We don't know the sex of the baby yet. :)

lisamaria said:
If you look better, there actually is fabric underneath, it just is flesh-toned.
If you notice, I posted again acknowledging that there was fabric underneath the fringe, but that it was see-through and therefore, was basically the same thing as having no fabric under it at all.

Last edited by a moderator:
There are 4 pages of photos on ANP, search SOLLIHOGDA 20070225

Thanks for all the pictures from the sleigh ride :flowers:

Mabel seriously needs a stylist. That is all I'm going to say.

moby said:
http://i18.tinypic.com/4481w8m.jpg (hola) so what's maxima saying to the baby? :D
"Now you better not kick the King!"

Henri M. said:
Euh... she is adviced by the worldfamous couturiers Viktor & Rolf in very own person....
I respect the V&R are fantastic designers (I even love some of their outfits from their latest collection), but Mabel needs to choose more....carefully next time :)

JessRulz said:
"Now you better not kick the King!"
"Now you better not kick the King...and his own baby bump!" :ROFLMAO:

okay enough segueing (is that even right?)...

Thanks for the information!

Do you write that the Swedish Royal couple were guests! Do you see really the queen Silvia of Sweden?

Her_Majesty said:
Today the Royal Family went on a tour with a horse-drawn-sleight.

Royal guests I saw so far: Victoria,Madeleine, The Swedish Royal Couple.

Sister Morphine said:
BTW, I just noticed this. Both Martha-Louise and Mabel needed different shoes. Mabel's shoes didn't fit her and Martha had what looked to be these chunky platform shoes on. Ick.
I agree about Mabel, but Märtha-Louise has an excuse: She is very small. She looked very small next to Mathilde (even if she wore this Plateou-Shoes). I think she wants to look a bit taller. :lol:

ursulajohanna said:
Thanks for the information!

Do you write that the Swedish Royal couple were guests! Do you see really the queen Silvia of Sweden?
No. I first saw CG and thought Silvia was sitting next to him, but I was wrong. Silvia didn't attend this event . :sad:

Last edited:
Sister Morphine said:
If you notice, I posted again acknowledging that there was fabric underneath the fringe, but that it was see-through and therefore, was basically the same thing as having no fabric under it at all.

You are right, actually. I can definitely see her legs. I think the see-through aspect of the dress is much less obvious in the original ivory design - I wonder what possessed her to wear it red. I still like the basic idea of the dress, but it is not one to be worn in front of flashes.

Thanks for your information (Her Majesty). I think, too - the queen wasn't by the trip!
I don't see pictures of her, it is pitty for us - but I hope she was no ill!

No. I first saw CG and thought Silvia was sitting next to him, but I was wrong. Silvia didn't attend this event . :sad:[/quote]

WOW! Thank you all for taking the time to post your pictures. They are all wonderful.
I've come to the conclusion that Prs. Mabel just makes me laugh. If it's not for her bows, it's her ghastly way of dressing. For awhile there, she seemed to have turned it down a notch or 2 and dare I say, she was actually looking very well groomed and put together. But that was short lived and now she just makes me laugh. I'm glad she thought enough of herself to think that she looked good when she looked in the mirror. If it was me, I would be embarrassed to wear these clothes out to a special event.
As for Prs. Mary, I think she played it pretty safe. She looked lovely as usual, but it almost seemed as if it was an effort to put things together for a special occassion.
As for Prs. Mathield, boy was I shocked by this creation. It definatley does not seem her style. She was thinking way out of the box with this. I was actually a bit disappointed with her. Go figure why. I guess maybe I expected more of her.
Prs. Victoria, looked pretty, but nothing more.
Prs. Madeline, I liked her pink dress. I thought it was age appropriate. A tad bit short maybe, but still nice. Her blue dress is lovely. One of my favorites of the night, but I just wish she would do something different with her hair. Something like what Pr. Maxima did, who y the way, never wins votes from me in regards to her dresses, her colors, or her hair. But on this trip, and given her advanced stage of pregnancy, she was one of the best. And Pr. Laurentein...She was the biggest suprise of all for me. I did not think she had it in her too look so very polished and put together (though she does does seem to have an aversion to wear strapless bras) she was a shining star for this event.
thanks again everyone for your posts and your pictures!!:flowers: :wub: :flowers:

Maxima looked stunning! I totally disliked her first galadress, but the green one was simply beautiful! :)
It's unbelivable that she again wore a new Tiara! It looked nice on her! But I didn't like her hair ... i like Tiaras much mor worn with hair up!
Maxima wore the Pearl Tiara before, just without the pearls.. it looks better with the pearls. :)

ysbel said:
I found it so cute that Harald 'curtsied' back to Sonja after she curtsied to him.

Question: Why did Queen Sonja curtsey to the King? Protocol or just a nice gesture?:blink:

Princess Mabel and her Viktor & Rolf ballgown

Two more pictures. I must say I like Princess Mabel's dress, now I see it again.

Her Royal Highness Princess Mabel of Orange-Nassau and the highborn lord Jefferson-Friedrich Count Von Pfeil und Klein-Ellguth

Picture 1

Picture 2

Princess_Beatrix said:
Question: Why did Queen Sonja curtsey to the King? Protocol or just a nice gesture?:blink:
I'm not sure (correct me if I'm worng) but I think it's a matter of protocol... And also a nice gesture ;)

...JuAnItA... said:
I'm not sure (correct me if I'm worng) but I think it's a matter of protocol... And also a nice gesture ;)
Thanks for the answer Juanita. So, is it usual that a Queen curtseys to a King? I never saw this before... I was just confused to see that, especially when the King curtseyed back.

About mabel's dresses:
Dress 1: It was okay, but she should have worn something else then only a bra under it ...
Dress 2: I don't like it at all. She needs to change the designers!

...JuAnItA... said:
I think too that was only a nice gesture. And it was a nice gesture and funny when the King curtsey to the Queen.
Years ago someone told me that if someone ask a girl for a dance and she agree than she should or it would be nice if she before dance and after it curtseys to this person.
Look on old movies...

Last edited:
You're welcome, Princess_Beatrix :flowers:
magnik said:
Years ago someone told me that if someone ask a girl for a dance and she agree than she should or it would be nice if she before dance and after it curtseys to this person.
Look on old movies...
I rememberred the old films where the girls usually curtsey.
But my grandmother also said to me that it is a nice gesture and it also shows respect and education.

Princess_Beatrix said:
Maxima looked stunning! I totally disliked her first galadress, but the green one was simply beautiful! :)
It's unbelivable that she again wore a new Tiara! It looked nice on her! But I didn't like her hair ... i like Tiaras much mor worn with hair up!
Maxima wore the Pearl Tiara before, just without the pearls.. it looks better with the pearls. :)

I think it was protocol when Sonja did it. The King is the monarch and the head of the Royal Household so he outranks all other members of the Royal House including the Queen Consort and they show their respect to the Head of the Royal House by curtseying (or bowing if they are men) to the monarch.

It could have been just a nice gesture but normal non-royal people don't curtsey to each other when they start to dance any more. I didn't know the Norwegians were that strict on protocol; but it looked grand and it gave Harald a chance to 'curtsey' back which was quite cute and charming.

I have to say Princess Martha louise looked absolutley drop dead gorgeous!....I have never seen her look so good, she was hot!....

Sorry I'm late in responding to this issue, but I've just read this thread.

I'm not understanding this "bra controversy" with Mabel. I doubt it's even a bra! It's part of the design, not her underwear. Madeleine's was more inappropriate. Mary's was a disappointment. She looked so frumpy in that black dress.

As for Mabel's second dress: <A onclick="urchinTracker ('/outgoing/http_img476_imageshack_us_img476_78_untitled1emr0_jpg');" href="http://img476.imageshack.us/img476/78/untitled1emr0.jpg" target=_blank>http://img476.imageshack.us/img476/78/untitled1emr0.jpg; if you look closely at the bottom, you can see a silk shift/camisole dress so she is wearing something underneath the dress and the only part that is her own skin is the the shoulders and arms.

Last edited:
MoonlightRhapsody said:
I'm not understanding this "bra controversy" with Mabel. I doubt it's even a bra! It's part of the design, not her underwear. Madeleine's was more inappropriate. Mary's was a disappointment. She looked so frumpy in that black dress.

But it looks like a bra, and it's designed to function like one, because you wouldn't be able to wear one with the dress. Re: Madeleine....I see a difference between dressing inappropriately for the situation, but still looking good and dressing inappropriately for the situation and looking bad. The dress looked very good on her, it fit her well, nothing was falling out or hanging out....it was at cocktail length, though and that wasn't right for the event. She is a 24 year old woman, so she should dress like one.

Re: Mary, once again, she's pregnant and may have dressed more for comfort and ease than making the Best Dressed list.

I love Madeleine, but that dress was more appropiate for a Mick Jagger girlfriend in the Teen Choice Awards than a royal woman in a gala event, regardless her age:rolleyes:

Victoria is the other side of the spectrum, she looks like a middle aged matron with her dress (Dennis, forgive me):cool:

Last edited:
Madeleine is a really beautiful girl. But with her outfit she looked more like a common beauty queen than a true-blue princess. And I am so sorry but that is not a compliment. :( (Nothing against beauty queens here but class-wise, there's really a huge gap between the two...)

Back
Top Bottom