Duke and Duchess of Sussex: Official Visit to Morocco - February 23-25, 2019

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Their Royal Highnesses kick off their official tour of Morocco:

eryone looks great, Love the red on Meghan and poor Crown Prince, I hope he actually has time to be a kid instead of only royal duties PH and PW should feel self concious around this kid he's done a lot, heck I'd feel self concious if I. were near that kid.
He's revered by his people. hehe i think its kind of funny how he tries. to wiggle his hand out before people kiss it , its reported he doesnt like the hand kissing nvm him not allowing the elder to kiss his hand is a sign of respect since he has to earn the elder's respect

Last edited:
The Crown Prince is a very impressive young man. To take on such responsibilities at a relatively young age is a lot at 15 but he seems to take it all in stride.

Now, about being a kid, if there's one person that would recognize the "kid" in Moulay Hassan and relate to it, that would be Harry. I think those two guys would get along beautifully and I hope they get a chance to get to know each other.

I'm totally with those that are remarking on visiting Morocco. I'm looking forward to following Harry and Meghan's steps on this visit. Beautiful country with just the right amount of exotic thrown in. :D

Not a good look for Richard Palmer at all. I used to respect him as a royal reporter but now it seems he's preferring to jump on the bandwagon to create sensational and negative content to draw in readers.

Its reporting things of this ilk that, to me, is an insult to the country of Morocco and if this were to be actually taken seriously, could even put a damper on any good will generated by this visit. I hope our Moroccan friends see this for what it is. A bird cage liner.

Well i don't want to be rude but never heard of any invitation for them to visit especially that some reports was talking about them steeping in after "regional trip" cancelled..hard to tell but from the start it seems to me like surprise visit..nice one though.
King of Spain programme was all over the media weeks before he visits and nobody was talking about "securety concern"... why the securety concern come only for the Duke and Duchess? I have to admit anyway that all thatvtalks about the securety start to bother me:D

I am terribly sorry that you did not hear of an invitation from the government of Morocco for the the Duke and Duchess of Sussex, but I suspect you (as the rest of us, and the Press) are not really privy to all government to government correspondence.

As regards the visit by the King and Queen of Spain, a few observations:

a) It was a state visit by a Head of State. The trip by H&M is an official visit by the 6th in line to the British crown, so a slightly different profile

b) Also, if I am not mistaken, the state visit by the King and Queen of Spain had been rescheduled at least once, so there was clearly a lot more press interest.

The headline is sensational (and reporters sometimes don’t write those) but really it is a story that has been floating around for over a year now. I have mixed feelings here. Richard Palmer often aggravates me, but he may have some good points in this article.

I can see where some might see questioning hosts over what some might see as a personal matter to be insulting.

On the other hand, a lot of content for this visit is promoting how modern Morocco has become with women gaining more prominence, influence and freedom. And yet, the King’s wife, who did have a prominent international role, has vanished. Palmer isn’t the only international reporter writing about Lalla Salma. The stories began before Felipe and Letizia’s visit.

Last edited:
I agree the story needed to be written, and Richard Palmer is brave to do so but it’s such a tense time for relations political that one move of butterfly wings can make a big move in a pond.

Has anyone noticed that during their arrival and at the palace in Rabat Meghan is walking way behind Henry with a female attendant? Before anyone jumps on me with protocol/precedence...I know. It’s just not something I’ve seen on the UK with them.

The morning events are about to begin:

Media has arrived in Asni Town in the Atlas Mountains where the Duke and Duchess of Sussex will see the work of @EFAMorocco #RoyalVisiteMorocco #RoyalTourMorocco

Last edited:
I agree the story needed to be written, and Richard Palmer is brave to do so but it’s such a tense time for relations political that one move of butterfly wings can make a big move in a pond.

Has anyone noticed that during their arrival and at the palace in Rabat Meghan is walking way behind Henry with a female attendant? Before anyone jumps on me with protocol/precedence...I know. It’s just not something I’ve seen on the UK with them.

Media has arrived in Asni Town in the Atlas Mountains where the Duke and Duchess of Sussex will see the work of @EFAMorocco #RoyalVisiteMorocco #RoyalTourMorocco

i believe this is not the first time it happens that a female royal (or wife of stateman) walks behind her husband when visiting arab countries.

this visit seems like quite a security challenge. i believe a few months ago two scandinavian girls got murdered in the atlas mountains. on top of that, meghan is heavily pregnant and i believe her female security guard resigned not long ago. not an ideal state of affairs for a visit to a risky location.

To take on such responsibilities at a relatively young age is a lot at 15

I feel for him.. Had his Mother not been 'airbrushed out' so utterly she may have undertaken some of the duties now devolved to him ?

I feel for him.. Had his Mother not been 'airbrushed out' so utterly she may have undertaken some of the duties now devolved to him ?

i know the feeling ppl got he is getting the whole RF duties and engagements but if you follow him closely you would see he have very few and selected events to attend the rest of the year he is outlights studying and living his life like any teen with his mates:playing football,going to the cinema,riding... he is not taking anybody place he even doesn't have his own patronages or charities yet.
https://i.postimg.cc/wBGs0MVx/MAPPH-20190224-0000-MAP-map.jpg
Photo from Map for the meeting with the sussex:

Henna tatoo is a tradition for women about to give birth in Morocco ?
I hope the Duchess got lovely tatoo.

Thank you for sharing the links.

It looks quite lovely. Very delicate. I also didn't realise how big Meghan's engagement centre stone was. It's huge.

Thank you for all the links. I'm not having a baby (too old to have any more) but I love those intricate henna tattoos. Lucky Meghan and I hope she keeps it on her hand for quite a while.

That's a lovely group photo in the galleries of Harry and Meghan with the women and girls.

Last edited:
How wonderful is it to be able to be a part of a tradition that honors and blesses and protects the woman that is about to give birth to a new life? I find it special too that Harry was also present and witnessed it all.

If there's anything that empowers a woman, its the knowledge that it is she that holds the balance of our species. She is the one that carries the child, gives birth to that child and guarantees that our human race will continue. Both Harry and Meghan, together, are experiencing it all.

Some things do not change over time and eons. ?

If there's anything that empowers a woman, its the knowledge that it is she that holds the balance of our species. She is the one that carries the child, gives birth to that child and guarantees that our human race will continue. . ?

Notwithstanding the feminists' dreams, women cannot conceive a child on their own. It takes a sperm too (no matter where it comes from).

So, if there were only women in the world, our human race would end unless we somehow perfected cloning.

Notwithstanding the feminists' dreams, women cannot conceive a child on their own. It takes a sperm too (no matter where it comes from).

So, if there were only women in the world, our human race would end unless we somehow perfected cloning.

Which is why I'm happy that Harry was a part of all this. If I seemed to imply that men aren't just as important in the birth of a child, I apologize. Yet, there is something very special for a woman that is about to give birth. The fact that great strides have been made to include both parents in the birth process pleases me to no end and just how Harry is in regards to the impending birth and to be honest, we ain't seen nothing yet. :D

We're digressing here and it wasn't my intention to start a debate and detract from the visit to Morocco.

We have the technology to create a living human being from two eggs only. But it's only ever going to be a girl....:D

My apologies to the moderators for stating a viewpoint that has veered the thread a bit off on a different tangent.

Any updates yet on the Moroccan visit?

:previous:
I noticed from the videos of the arrival that the Duchess was speaking french very good french with lovely accent ?
The meeting with Moulay Hassan though was in english and the young prince speaks well english there is lovely part where he congratulates Meghan about the pregnancy ?

Just the mention of Richard Branson is enough to start me drooling. OK. I admit to having a few fantasies. Him and Gordon Lightfoot. :D

What is more important is that they're including the press pack in all of this. We, the public, weren't aware of all this but the press pack was. Its inclusive and its appreciative of them and when Harry and Meghan are doing their public roles, they include the media.

Press seems to be in a good mood during this trip. Although if I was having lunch there, I would be as well.

There was no way an official trip wouldn't have press following them about officially though, that's the whole point of a royal visit.

Yes, I noticed this, too, and can't say I like it much. I understand the need to respect local custom and protocol, but....

In that context, Richard Palmer's story is very apropos.

There's plenty of footage of British spouses walking slightly behind the actually blood member of the family. So not really a big deal IMO.

LaRae

When in Rome, do as the Romans do was probably the rule of thumb for the arrival. The Duke of Edinburgh has done this many, many times over the past 67 years. Harry also took precedence in the formal greetings.

In the videos of their arrival in Asni, it wasn't that case. This brings me to a question I'd like to ask of Mademoiselle Lilo. When the henna ceremony is performed for a woman in the later stages of pregnancy, is it the norm that the husband attends? From my limited knowledge, these henna ceremonies for women (for marriage and childbirth) are a traditional female only ceremony kind of like in the western world we have bridal showers and baby showers.

Just curious on this.

It looked to me like Meghan was steered to the side while Harry inspected the guards, which would be usual protocol I think.

Back
Top Bottom