Divorce For Sheikh Mohammed Bin Rashid & Princess Haya

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thanks for posting this, the way they go around without any winter coat nor scarf in November is beyond my belief!! I would be frozen :)
I understand your feelings, but don't forget they are British or British raised. British people don't feel so cold, I was always astonished by this
Furthermore,, they walked only a few meters and went immediately into the car.

You are absolutely correct. Next time you see a royal engagement you will notice if they are outside they dress appropriately but if their car stops outside the venue, they rarely wear a coat.

I understand your feelings, but don't forget they are British or British raised. British people don't feel so cold, I was always astonished by this
Furthermore,, they walked only a few meters and went immediately into the car.
I understand but Princess Haya is Jordanian, spent many years in Dubai and London's winter is not her ideal climate I guess! :):):)

I understand but Princess Haya is Jordanian, spent many years in Dubai and London's winter is not her ideal climate I guess! :):):)

She went to school in UK for 10 years, and spent many years training as a rider in Ireland and Germany. Certainly no stranger to the slightly cooler climate of London. It wasn't that cold today either, for just going from the car inside and back.

She went to school in UK for 10 years, and spent many years training as a rider in Ireland and Germany. Certainly no stranger to the slightly cooler climate of London. It wasn't that cold today either, for just going from the car inside and back.

Thanks, I understand.

And how about PH's lawyer's outfits? Aren't they fascinating. At the previous hearing her outfit was reminiscent of a Royal Guard uniform! ;) The Baroness seems determined to impress the Court with her looks. :lol:

While you may be amused, dress shaming a legal mind of great note and achievement is demeaning. She is one of the finest legal minds in the UK. Would you have commented on a man's wardrobe as you have this woman?

While you may be amused, dress shaming a legal mind of great note and achievement is demeaning. She is one of the finest legal minds in the UK. Would you have commented on a man's wardrobe as you have this woman?

Yes, I would comment on a man's dress if I wished to, and it is not dress shaming.
Please remove those negative lenses and avoid assumptions when reading my comments as you know nothing of where I come from, thank you.
Image gives messages, even more so in public, and my two lines where about this. Could choosing a military-style outfit to appear in front of somebody be a way to intimidate or a way to show strenght?

If you want to know more about Baroness Shakleton this article from the DM is quite good. It starts of appearing to be the same, commenting on her clothes, but actually gives a lot of information that shows her real side and the achievements she has made.
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/...-Lawyer-Fiona-Shackletons-killer-outfits.html

Solicitor Fiona’s unconventional attire may not always be entirely in keeping with Bar Council and Law Society guidance, which stresses ‘business suits’ should be worn, but her outfits may help her in the courtroom. They soften her image, perhaps leading opponents to underestimate her. They’re also a savvy PR trick, ensuring all eyes are on her even when pictured with world-famous clients — meaning future clients take note.

her work, which has included representing Prince Charles in his divorce from Princess Diana and Sir Paul McCartney following his acrimonious separation from Heather Mills, who memorably poured a jug of water over Fiona in a fit of pique. Fiona’s handling of this, emerging onto the court steps with Sir Paul, wet-haired but smiling, did much to strengthen her reputation

Lady Shackleton, whose husband, Ian, is a financial PR consultant and a descendant of explorer Sir Ernest Shackleton, is also solicitor to Princes William and Harry.

Despite it being her bread and butter, she is a great believer that, if at all possible, divorce should be avoided and, to this end, left the office at 5.30pm sharp every evening when their two daughters were young.

She is also said to bake ‘legendary brownies’, which she takes to work — her mantra: ‘Bake brownies, don’t bully.’

Educated at Benenden, Princess Anne’s alma mater, where she was told she ‘didn’t have the brains for medicine’, Fiona studied law at Exeter.

Leaving with a third-class degree, she decided that law was not for her and instead took a Cordon Bleu cookery course.

But bored with haute cuisine, she returned to the law, securing a job with Farrer & Co, the Queen’s solicitors, in 1984, aged 28. She was a partner within two years and the firm’s leading family lawyer soon afterwards,

While colleagues may have privately sneered about her academic record, Fiona says proudly: ‘I have become a role model for people with thirds.’

‘She has an incredible facility for getting to the nub of a case and seeing the wider horizon.

'She has an extraordinary ability to give people straight answers, often ones they don’t want to hear, in such a way that they take it from her.’

And if she wants to wear some very expensive and eccentric outfits while doing it, who’s going to tell her no?

Solicitor Fiona’s unconventional attire may not always be entirely in keeping with Bar Council and Law Society guidance, which stresses ‘business suits’ should be worn, but her outfits may help her in the courtroom. They soften her image, perhaps leading opponents to underestimate her. They’re also a savvy PR trick, ensuring all eyes are on her even when pictured with world-famous clients — meaning future clients take note.

Thank you, this is interesting, I am aware of her background as lawyer as it has been extensively publicised.
I do not always see her outfits as "image softening" (a military-style one and others that I have seen are all but softening and project a certain stiffness and rigidity instead) but for sure she manages to have an impact and keep all eyes on her on the court steps.
In light of her background and her proximity to a PR expert, her dress choices to me seem deliberate and well-thought and not an accidental fashion faux-pas.
My question is: who was she seeking to intimidate with her "gala uniform" suit? ;)

What is the reason, there are no photos of Lady Helen Ward in front of court, like Baroness Shakleton?

How long the custody proceedings will last?

Last edited by a moderator:
At every new hearing she's looks more relaxed and gained back her smile. I strongly hope everything will end as she wishes, for her and her kids.

We did not see the kids since they left Dubai
Im wondering if they go to a private school, with high security, or if they have home teachers

Is there any news about Princess’s Haya divorce ?

We did not see the kids since they left Dubai
Im wondering if they go to a private school, with high security, or if they have home teachers

Either private school in London or plausible boarding school. I don't see them being homeschooled.

Haya and her siblings all went to boarding school in the UK or US or both. Haya herself went to Badminton at 11, her daughter is 12. Her son is a bit young so perhaps a secure day school. Though at least one of his uncles went to boarding school by eight, and in a different country.

Either private school in London or plausible boarding school. I don't see them being homeschooled.

Haya and her siblings all went to boarding school in the UK or US or both. Haya herself went to Badminton at 11, her daughter is 12. Her son is a bit young so perhaps a secure day school. Though at least one of his uncles went to boarding school by eight, and in a different country.
Yes, boarding school would be the expected choice, under normal conditions. But in this case, as they are in high risk of being kidnapped I'm not sure that even the most secured boarding school would be good protection for them. Don't forget that kidnapping people in a foreign country is not the first time that Shekh Mohamed is supposed to do

Do we know when the court hearings are done? It has been monts. And no Shejk Mo in court today either?

The case made BBC Radio 4's early evening 'news digest' 'PM', this evening...

Apparently the Courts are adjudicating on whether its findings will be made Public, and an announcement will be made 'in due course'.

The case is being heard in the court of appeal by Lord Justice Underhill, Lady Justice King and Lord Justice Bean.
Among those who have already given evidence in the case are DCI Beck, formerly of Cambridgeshire police, who led an investigation into the disappearance of Princess Shamsa in the UK in 2000, and Tiina Jauhiainen, a friend of Princess Latifa who helped her escape Dubai in 2018. Princesses Shamsa and Latifa are both daughters of Sheikh Mohammed by another wife.
Dubai ruler trying to keep two judgments secret, UK court hears _ Law _ The Guardian

Princess Haya back in court as usual Sheikh Mohammed is missing, he just wants everything to be private. Wonder if ever anything going to be public

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...-hears-battle-Dubai-ruler-estranged-wife.html
The only information issued to the media will come via the Court. Family Court cases are almost always sealed unless specific information is released by the Court. Anyone who publishes information not so specified is in Contempt of said court.

Princess Haya was at the High Court in London today, February 28, to hear the verdict.

Sheikh Mohammed Bin Rashid has lost his appeal against a decision to publish the High Court judgments.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** gettyimages gallery ** dailymail article **

Last edited:
I find it very annoying when the media inflates a story by using headlines as clickbait. It is totally disingenuous and leads to confusion and misinformation as we have seen with other high profile Royals.

The Court case relating to Princess Haya's application to the UK Family Court requesting a non molestation order against her husband and seeking wardship for her two children, etc. is nothing to do with divorce proceedings between Sheikh Mohammed and Princess Haya. For all we know they may already be divorced.

Back
Top Bottom