Dutch State Visit to Argentina: March 30-April 1, 2006

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I've just return from seeing them---WOW! Máxima lloks beautiful and her smile is so charmimg.Beatrix looked good...And WA looks like a very nice man!!

Queen Beatrix (C), accompanied by Argentina's First Lady Cristina Fernandez, arrives 30 March, 2006 to the Banco Nacion in Buenos Aires to see an exhibition on the life of Ana Frank

from getty

Attachments

• 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    52.9 KB · Views: 208
CP Maxima looks stunning! I'm wondering if Maxima address in Spanish to the President and her wife? or does the protocolo maybe says eventhough she speaks the language she needs to speak Dutch? Anyone knows?

Princess Emma said:
CP Maxima looks stunning! I'm wondering if Maxima address in Spanish to the President and her wife? or does the protocolo maybe says eventhough she speaks the language she needs to speak Dutch? Anyone knows?

I think she won't speak Dutch with the President of Argentina. Probably they will speak in English, and maybe spanish in private. This is just my opinion, I don't know how it will be for sure, maybe someone does.

Queen Beatrix begins State Visit to Maxima's Argentina

..................Following an official welcome ceremony at the airport, the royals will travel to the centre of the capital to meet Argentine President Néstor Kirchner and his wife, Christina Fernandez de Kichner.
Queen Beatrix and her party will then attend an exhibition about human rights, organised by the Anne Frank Foundation, at the Banco Nacional in the Plaza de Mayo.................
http://www.expatica.com/source/site_article.asp?subchannel_id=1&story_id=28865&name=Queen+Beatrix+begins+visit+to+Maxima's+Argentina

Below from ANP

[URL=http://img235.imageshack.us/my.php?image=26483701sy.jpg][/URL]

Below are photos from Reuters
Queen Beatrix of the Netherlands, Crown Prince Willem-Alexander and Argentine-born Princess Maxima leave Argentina's Banco Nacion after visiting a human rights exhibition of the Anne Frank Foundation in Buenos Aires March 30, 2006.

Attachments

• r1152275272.jpg
    r1152275272.jpg
    79.7 KB · Views: 271
  • r1415462281.jpg
    r1415462281.jpg
    69.4 KB · Views: 265
  • r2626153693.jpg
    r2626153693.jpg
    87.6 KB · Views: 266
  • r2900407326.jpg
    r2900407326.jpg
    76.6 KB · Views: 899
  • r318763277.jpg
    r318763277.jpg
    77.7 KB · Views: 271
  • r4025633103.jpg
    r4025633103.jpg
    48.5 KB · Views: 238
  • r4274592637.jpg
    r4274592637.jpg
    70.9 KB · Views: 614
  • r4272496186.jpg
    r4272496186.jpg
    76.6 KB · Views: 227
  • r3833803056.jpg
    r3833803056.jpg
    73.6 KB · Views: 187
  • r388982394.jpg
    r388982394.jpg
    83.5 KB · Views: 200
Last edited:
Dutch public television news was very negative about the visit.
1) bad timing, as this week Argentina is commemorating the victims of the Videla regime
2) The president didn't want them there in the first place, but his predecessor invited the Queen. He is to busy with other things and won't attend tomorrows ballet.
3) To little attention for the mothers of the Plaza de Mayo
4) Bad publicity in the Argentinian press about Jorge Zorreguietta
etc.

Below photos from ANP

#1-3: Reuters
#4-5: ANP

Attachments

• r2614631537.jpg
    r2614631537.jpg
    78.7 KB · Views: 215
  • r824852730.jpg
    r824852730.jpg
    56.1 KB · Views: 218
  • r2258052028.jpg
    r2258052028.jpg
    93.3 KB · Views: 619
  • 2650245.jpg
    2650245.jpg
    25.4 KB · Views: 281
  • 2650252.jpg
    2650252.jpg
    23 KB · Views: 275
Last edited:
may i ask what on earth is maxima wearing?

this radiant one the princess Maxima :)

Great pictures everyone! I like Maxima's earrings. The Queen brooch comes from the dutch east india diademe, she took the middle and largest prong.

btw RTL-news said that it was the crownprince himself who flew & landed the airplane, the KBX!

Absolutely splendid outfit for Maxima. The hat is just right for the weather and the dress.

Not too crazy about Maxima's coat dress. Makes her look a bit heavy around the waist. Mrs.Kirchner, on the other hand, looked surprisingly well-dressed.

Marengo said:
1) bad timing, as this week Argentina is commemorating the victims of the Videla regime
2) The president didn't want them there in the first place, but his predecessor invited the Queen. He is to busy with other things and won't attend tomorrows ballet.
etc.
It is kind of rude that Mr Kirchner doesn't attend the ballet tomorrow...
Let's hope he has good reasons for abandoning the Queen! The last time such a thing happened must have been the statevisit from H.M. to Indonesia, and that visit turned out to be a total failure

More pictures from PPE

Last edited:
Marengo said:
etc.
Who planned the visit in the first place? How could such a coincidence occur?
It seems a remarcable ignorance on Maximas side. She should have been aware of the mixed feelings this double date will awake. Since of course her father will be invited to each of the Galas being held in the royals honour. So he is joining in the festivities, while comemorations as well as demonstrations are going on. (do the relatives of the missing people still demonstrate for their right to find out what had happened to their loved ones? I haven't been in BA for years) .

Marengo said:
etc.
Perhaps they should've waited a few more years, at least until Willem Alexander is king, to make this State Visit... Not that I personally mind this visit, I think it's great to see Máxima in official capacity in Argentina, but I do think that perhaps the timing wasn't right. They definitely should've considered all of these things before planning this visit.

Princess Máxima looked fabulous today, I love both the suit and hat - very elegant!

Not the best timing. I think they should have waited a little longer. Its a shame things out side of their control have gone wrong to ruin such an importent event.

I heard on the Dutch news that Jorge Zorreguieta won't be present at any of the official events, good thing IMO. He did accompany the royal flight to Buenos Aires, which was certainly not to everybody's satisfaction.

I saw on tv that the Dutch delegation just walked past a demonstration on the "angry mothers" (how are they called in English?) at the Plaza de Mayo, totally ignoring them. That's very rude, this could have been a good occasion to show that they do care about the atrocities that took place in Argentina, without necessarily insulting Máxima's father (if he's innocent like the Dutch RF says, what harm could be done?)

Despite these comments, I do believe this will be a successful state visit, it's not all about visting places of course, but also strengthening ties, and probably business contracts between the 2 countries.

I liked Máxima's look. Every hat seems to look good on her, she was dressed by Natan and Fabienne Delvigne, her outfit reminded me of...

http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=39935&d=1094744772

http://img208.imageshack.us/my.php?image=apbelgianroyalsbg304fr.jpg

What is Maxima wearing? The dress (I think) doesn't suit her that well. The Queen looks great though.

I was just wondering: what's that on Queen Beatrix's head? I don't particulary like it, to be honest. Maxima looks great though and the hat is just fab! (Comes in very handy when it's sunny!)

I'm just wondering if I should stay up and watch the pics of the state banquet here (since I still have some studying to do) but on the other hand I'm just soooo tired. Oh well, we'll see.

Thanks to all who provided us with the beautiful pictures! :)

Wow Princess Maxima...you are very lucky...ur bouquet appeared in photos agencies ;)
And lucky that you had the Princess that close..amazing:p

Cathérine Bergeyck said:
I heard on the Dutch news that Jorge Zorreguieta won't be present at any of the official events, good thing IMO. He did accompany the royal flight to Buenos Aires, which was certainly not to everybody's satisfaction.

I saw on tv that the Dutch delegation just walked past a demonstration on the "angry mothers" (how are they called in English?) at the Plaza de Mayo, totally ignoring them. That's very rude, this could have been a good occasion to show that they do care about the atrocities that took place in Argentina, without necessarily insulting Máxima's father (if he's innocent like the Dutch RF says, what harm could be done?)

Despite these comments, I do believe this will be a successful state visit, it's not all about visting places of course, but also strengthening ties, and probably business contracts between the 2 countries.

I liked Máxima's look. Every hat seems to look good on her, she was dressed by Natan and Fabienne Delvigne, her outfit reminded me of...

http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=39935&d=1094744772

http://img208.imageshack.us/my.php?image=apbelgianroyalsbg304fr.jpg

They did not walk pass them but the were on the opposite side of the (large) square.

According to the dutch news Jorge was NOT on the plane, though the argentinian press suggested it.

The report of the NOS bothered me immensely, it was so very negative and an uninterested reporter. It is no secret that the chief editor of the NOS journal, Hans Laroes is left leaning. Several employees had to leave, suspecting (in interviews) that they were not left enough for commerade Hans.

RTL had a much nicer report (without evading painfull subjects).

Princess Maxima said:
That are the flowers i gave her!!!:D

Good for you Princess Maxima!:D

You'll have to tell us all about your encounter with royalty today!

Marengo said:
The report of the NOS bothered me immensely, it was so very negative and an uninterested reporter. It is no secret that the chief editor of the NOS journal, Hans Laroes is left leaning. Several employees had to leave, suspecting (in interviews) that they were not left enough for commerade Hans.
Oh, it wasn't the first time that the report of the NOS bothered me immensely. They're not the objective news source they used to be. One might as well watch RTL and draw one's own conclusions...

But oh well, here are some pictures by royalimages.nl, just to cheer us Dutch up a bit. It seems they are enjoying themselves very much over there! ;)

Marengo said:

RTL had a much nicer report (without evading painfull subjects).

It drives me crazy when some members of the media decide to put their own spin on things just to serve their own agenda, rather than reporting in a factual way about what is REALLY happening. It's like they decided weeks before the trip even began, Ok, this is the way (negatively) we are going to write about it. Even if the trip is a smashing success, it sounds like some reporters are determined to focus only on the negative.

Back
Top Bottom