Crash: 7 Victims & Perpetrator Dead, 10 Wounded at Queen's Day 2009

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Absolutely terrible. Just absolutely terrible.

They are showing the accident on german TV now...for me it's quite disrespectful to show how someone has been hit by the car and the injured people laying on the street and being reanimated.
A normal news coverage would be sufficent. :/

Are there any news if the crash was an accident or an attack?

There is a mourning car.

The car of the driver has been taken apart, no explosives have been found.

:previous:

In a street closed to public cars.

first my thoughts are with the injured and the family of the injured

a very strange quastian
do you think the queensday can be celebrated in the same way again.
with such Festivities
with at least one person dead this day will get a new meaning for many people

I don't know. If you don't look at the injured people. (no offence meant) If 1 man can do this then someone with a bom can also do it.

This can't be anything else then on purpose.Who else can drive for hundreds of meters through an area closed to traffic.

We are lucky the car didn't have any explosives,don't even start to think what could have happened then.

But it is clear that security wasn't as tight as it should have been.

Press conference at 15.45PM.

It is mindboggling,surrealistic almost,to me at least I am sure others here,like Marengo,feel the same.
Incomprehensible.

Last edited:
about the festivities being stopped, in Apeldoorn they are stopping them slowly, music will be put softer, step by step, so that everyone will not leave together and no one will be wounded when they all go home by train for instance. The same might be happening all over Holland.

I did hear on tv that the driver might have had a heart attack, we do not know for sure if it was on purpose.

The police is placing blinded fences around the area where the crash happened.

All the victims have been transported to hospitals.

--
The 200.000+ spectators are all going home and the city/police organised this quickly. Everybody seems to think it was an attack by a madman.

Absolutely horrible!

Last edited:
Rotterdam cancelled the Queen's Day festivities too, as do various other cities and villages. I suppose many more will follow during the day.

-
A witness is telling on television right now that the car tried to reach the royal bus in another way, he failed and took another turn, which resulted into the above.

Last edited:
I have recently watched a shocking video of the accident on German TV. This is a terrible tragedy. Poor innocent people. I still can't believe what happend.

Link of the video.

<Link to Graphic Clip Removed By Moderator>

Last edited by a moderator:
I am not believing this. I just got on my computer looking for glorious pictures of Queensday and I keep seeing a horrible accident. I am praying for the victims. Why are some like this I don't know. What a horrible light it puts on this whole event, even for the future. I am so sorry to my Dutch friends lucien and Marengo.

Please be aware that any video of this terrible accident are VERY graphic, as are any photographs.

The video clips I have seen have shocked me terribly, this is one of the worst possible accidents that could happen to innocent unsuspecting people. My thoughts and prayers are with all the injured.

Last edited:
I have watched the video on rtl.de and I am shocked. It is tactless that the injured people are shown on tv.

2 Have died,12 wounded.

My heart and thoughts are with the berieved .So sorry for everyone,so awfull.

It is sooo incomprehensible,who in his right mind would want an attack on the RF?
That,no doubt,is what this is.

but they are not showing this on dutch tv, we see the car driving into the needle and a policeman jumping away just in time

I have watched the video on rtl.de and I am shocked. It is tactless that the injured people are shown on tv.

Please do NOT post graphic images/clips in this thread. I have not seen anything on Dutch tv yet, so I am shocked that they are showing this in Germany/elsewhere. We will try to remove the links as soon as possible. Please notify us as soon as possible if we graphic images have slipped through!

What a terrible thing to happen and there are some witness accounts that say the car was already damaged before running into the crowd and the statue so until we hear more I will not call it an accident.
Poor Queen Beatrix, what a way for what was supposed to be a happy day to end.
My sincere condolences to all the people directly affected by this and to all the Dutch people.

I´m a bit surprised of how close the accident was of the Royal Bus, just less 10 metres!

My condolensess to all of the Duch people. I´m very sorry.

you are right,

I just called the police in Amsterdam because 10 minutes ago some idiot started a very loud disco near my appartment and I asked whether we would have less not more music and was told that Amsterdam is not stopping the festivities.............

They won't, they are all drunk by now and too many people want to make money from the day.

-----

The driver of the car has been taken to hospital.

I feel so sorry for all the Netherlands people.

Are children under the injured?

you are right,

I just called the police in Amsterdam because 10 minutes ago some idiot started a very loud disco near my appartment and I asked whether we would have less not more music and was told that Amsterdam is not stopping the festivities.............

Maybe they will opt to cancel part of the programme, and slowly let the festivities stop. Now Rotterdam cancelled the festivities and now that there are deaths I think Amsterdam can not continue like nothing happened. The NOS is already pointing out the tricky situation for the mayor of Amsterdam: 100.000's people are in the city -many of them drunk- what to do with them when they cancel everything.

Very tragic and very sad. My condolences to all the Dutch people.

I am so very sorry that this IDIOT ruined a very wonderful celebration. Isn't it funny how one bad apple can spoil the whole bunch. What is wrong with people today, I pray for the families of the people involved. Everyone was just trying to enjoy their day and now it will taint it for a long time. God Bless All!

Back
Top Bottom