The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 03-22-2021, 11:58 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by UglyAmerican View Post
So now they're going to do exactly what Meghan's father is doing: threaten to keep blabbing about their relatives until t.

What is it they think there is to address at this point, anyway? Let's be very generous and suppose everything they claim happened exactly the way they said it happened. So what? They no longer work there, live there, or have anything to do with any of these people. Should the palace replace a bunch of staff because someone who no longer works there dislikes them? If the palace makes Princess Michael go to sensitivity training, will that make Meghan want to be her best friend? When you quit a job, you no longer get a vote in how those still there choose to run things.
well even if it was all true, and the RF did sack all their staff and replace them with new "sensitivity trained" people.. and lecture all the royals so t hat they know how to behave....what would it matter to Meghan? She's gone.. it wont do her any good or any harm...

Old 03-22-2021, 11:59 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claire View Post
Are we certain we havent overlooked a precedent or new law?
If you can share one, please do so but just throwing out suspicions doesn't seem helpful. The Duchy is not tied to Charles personally but to the position of the heir to the throne. So, 'normal' inheritance laws wouldn't apply as this is not about inheritance.

Old 03-22-2021, 11:59 AM
Aristocracy

Are the formal entails that form the backbone of most Austen novels still used?
Old 03-22-2021, 12:03 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
So now they're going to do exactly what Meghan's father is doing: threaten to keep blabbing about their relatives until those relatives talk to them in a manner that they deem "productive." Which those relatives are probably never going to do, because they know anything they say is likely to end up distorted beyond recognition and then broadcast to the entire world via Gayle, Janina, Omid, or Meghan herself. At this point, I suspect they think "productive" means "accepting of all blame and willing to fork out millions to assuage their hurt feelings." By Meghan's own standards, the rest of Harry's family would be entirely within their rights to disown them at this point, but I doubt H&M will see it that way.

What is it they think there is to address at this point, anyway? Let's be very generous and suppose everything they claim happened exactly the way they said it happened. So what? They no longer work there, live there, or have anything to do with any of these people. Should the palace replace a bunch of staff because someone who no longer works there dislikes them? If the palace makes Princess Michael go to sensitivity training, will that make Meghan want to be her best friend? When you quit a job, you no longer get a vote in how those still there choose to run things.
Meghan really is her father's daughter, and considering that she ghosted her own father for that stunt, it's only fair for the BRF to ghost H&M back.
Old 03-22-2021, 12:05 PM
Majesty

Quote:
no, not really...
Old 03-22-2021, 12:24 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Quick question for the legal (royal legal) among you.

1. When Charles becomes King is the Duchy of Cornwall divided 50/50 among Harry and William ?
2. if not can Harry sue for 50 % of the estate?
3. if the titles and honifics are removed can Harry take the royal family to court to get them back?
1. There is no duchy/estate for anyone other than the Monarch and the Prince of Wales* Anne, Andrew & Edward are in the same position as Harry.

2. No. He has no legal right to the Duchy of Cornwall. Neither does William until Charles ascends to the throne.

3. If the Dukedom is removed it would be by Parliament, (though the Queen can remove HRH through Letters Patent). The last time we saw peerages removed was for German royals during World War I. For the Dukedom, suing the Monarch would not be successful. I'm not aware of any precedence from suing the Monarch regarding Letters Patent, and in my personal opinion, the courts would have to back the Monarch as long as all laws and rules were followed.

* I believe the Duchy of Cornwall will now automatically go to the heir apparent, regardless of whether that person has been made the Prince of Wales, or can be the Duke of Cornwall. For example, my understanding is that if the 1st in line to the throne was a woman, she would still automatically receive the Duchy, even though she can't be the Duke of Cornwall or the Prince of Wales under current peerage rules. This is because now woman can be the heir apparent, whereas before they could not (Elizabeth II was never the heir apparent.) Also, William will not automatically become the Prince of Wales, he will have to wait until he is invested with the title by his father the King.
Old 03-22-2021, 12:27 PM
Royal Highness

When Charles's time comes there's no such thing as the Napoleonic Code that there is in some continental countries, no one is obliged to leave their kids an equal amount of their assets and that's before you get to things that aren't technically governed by inheritance laws. The Duchy isn't passed on after death. Technically. And we've yet to see a 2nd son sue his older brother for inheriting the title and estate. Co-Dukes.

Quote:
So it appears that their little lap dog Scobie has now stated that "if we are seeing a resistance from the Palace towards addressing the issues". He added: "This tactic may not go away for some time.”
What issues? I mean what good would it do anyone including Harry and Meghan to discuss what Charles and William may or may not remember about her mental health for example in public? So the palace produces an email saying Meghan was advised not to go to Celebrity Health Spa but was offered Top Harley Street Guy instead? What then? Gayle King refutes that.

Should William and Charles sit down with Dimbleby or Trevor McDonald to discuss how titles work and how they aren't racist? We've seen all too well how that goes.

If they can't even have a personal phone call without leaking it to the world I don't see what a public discussion will do.

Scobie's bitter he's not got as much to chew on as he'd hoped so far.
Old 03-22-2021, 12:34 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Quick question for the legal (royal legal) among you.

1. When Charles becomes King is the Duchy of Cornwall divided 50/50 among Harry and William ?
2. if not can Harry sue for 50 % of the estate?
3. if the titles and honifics are removed can Harry take the royal family to court to get them back?
4. If other wills are not to Harry and Meghan's liking - ie. Prince Philips and HM the Queen's - can they have their wills pulled and the trusts split evenly under the law. Essentially does inheritance law in the UK allow for this to supersede the request of the deceased.
1. No, the Duchy of Cornwall is not Charles' property. It serves as a mean to give Prince of Wales and his family an income - so it jumps from the last Prince of Wales to the next one. William will get 100%.

2. No, because the Duchy of Cornwall is not Charles' property. Imagine this scenario: Harry gets 50%, William 50%. Then William's 50% gets divided into 33% for George, Charlotte and Louis. After a few generations there would be nothing left. The income of Duchy of Cornwall belongs to the Duke of Cornwall, and that title will be inherited by William and then George.

3. If the titles and honorifcs are to be removed, Harry would have to sue the Parliament, as they would be the ones removing them (I'd actually pay to watch that, TBH)
Old 03-22-2021, 12:35 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Somebody View Post
If you can share one, please do so but just throwing out suspicions doesn't seem helpful. The Duchy is not tied to Charles personally but to the position of the heir to the throne. So, 'normal' inheritance laws wouldn't apply as this is not about inheritance.
Sorry - unaware of anything hence the asking - not making ironic remark.
Old 03-22-2021, 12:38 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Are we certain we havent overlooked a precedent or new law?
Unless you are aware of something, the Royal Duchys are not even normal entailed estates, but "crown bodies", with their own particular laws and rules. It would take a specific act of Parliament to change how either Duchy is administered.

The respective Dukes (Cornwall & Lancaster) do not own either Duchy outright- they are only tenants in possession, which limits their rights as well. For example, the current Duke of Cornwall (Charles) could not give Harry half the Duchy, even if he wanted to. He doesn't have the legal ability to do so.
Old 03-22-2021, 12:50 PM
Aristocracy

I also personally think that Charles will leave his personal money to all his grandchildren, even if he never meets them. He's not the type to disinherit (IMHO).
Old 03-22-2021, 12:54 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by BriarRose View Post
I also personally think that Charles will leave his personal money to all his grandchildren, even if he never meets them. He's not the type to disinherit (IMHO).
If anything can make Charles reluctant to leave money to a branch of his family, its the way that H is behaving.
Old 03-22-2021, 01:07 PM
Royal Highness

I don't see the Queen and Prince Philip treating Harry and his children any differently than they will treat the other grandchildren (except William) and great-grandchildren. Nor can I see Charles disinheriting his son and family.

However, if the royal family WERE so inclined, I'm sure that Harry and Meghan would be very happy if their inheritance is left to charitable organizations, such as those combating workplace bullying.
Old 03-22-2021, 01:16 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
No. Downton Abbey and Pride and Prejudice between them have got everyone convinced that half the estates in England are subject to entails , but that system no longer exists as such.
Old 03-22-2021, 01:19 PM
Nobility

I am still puzzled as to why the Archbishop will not release a statement
Old 03-22-2021, 01:20 PM
Aristocracy

Heavs:And Harry isn't even her son, he's one of eight grandchildren.

I think when the QueenMother died, it was reported that she left a lot more to those granchildren who are possibly not to inherit a big amount from their parents because of their lower position, normal job outside the firm, no titles etc

And let's remember Harry has already inherited a great amount of money when his Mum died. I am a bit tired of listening about their costs, nobody forced them to buy such a house, live outside the UK or create a big thing about needing security (who knows how much they really do need).
I think he has got a lot more than some of his cousins will ever have. Any normal person would try to adapt a lifestyle which goes along his/her income. And beside their own longing for attention and luxury nobody forces Meghan to buy designer clothes, now that she is a private person.
I really can't get how anybody in the US or elsewhere can feel sorry for them or understand them going for more money, but not wanting to work for it.
Old 03-22-2021, 01:23 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queen Ester View Post
I am still puzzled as to why the Archbishop will not release a statement
H'es probably reluctant to call her a liar.. She is sitll a member of the queen's family.. and as such, its not that easy to bluntly speak about her publicly...
Old 03-22-2021, 01:31 PM
Royal Highness

Admittedly I stay far away from anything to do with Royals or Royal Watching on Reddit but there's a reason it's regularly used as a punchline.

Lets remember one thing. That the Sussexes themselves *left*. They weren't forced out by anyone except themselves. They've been telling the world that they escaped and that Charles and William are the ones that are trapped.

They chose to put up that hastily put together website and thought that by putting everything out there that they could force everyone to accept their demands.

No one except William and George are due for the Duchy so it doesn't make any sense.

HM has four children, eight grandchildren and currently nine great grandchildren with at least two more on the way. There are plenty of ways her personal wealth might get split. Archie and "Alice" are not of greater or lesser importance than anyone else when it comes to non crown assets.

If they are lining up an inheritance lawyer and telling them where all the other murky places the personal wealth is then I don't think it would go very well for them, though I can certainly see them thinking of doing that later if they get desperate.
Old 03-22-2021, 01:33 PM
Majesty

I suppose they MIGHT One day tell the world that "Archie only got a small legacy form his great grandparents becuase of his race"?? (even if he got the same as other great grandkids....)
Old 03-22-2021, 01:34 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denville View Post
If anything can make Charles reluctant to leave money to a branch of his family, its the way that H is behaving.
Yes and honestly, who knows what will be better for William.
H&M and their growing children will never have enough when being asked.
Unless H. Meghan one day and returns to his family in Uk there will be no end to this drama. Of course the stories they can report will decrease as everybody will be more careful with them but them asking for more money, I doubt will ever stop.
By the way, I wonder what HM's idea is with" they still remain beloved...",
how should this work in daily life. Noone can ever feel safe again that H&M won't tell the media, no family event, no phonecall, nothing is safe,
how do they want to deal with H&M, even if everything was taped, as the RF doesn't comment and Meghan does not hesitate to lie..... never ending drama ahead.
Maybe cutting them off was the best thing for the monarchy and honestly we all know people in our family or a close friends where people happen to be cut off. It's never nice but not so rare. So maybe a cut as harmful as it seems was the best for the family aswell, I doubt that marriage ends well, leave a door open for Harry , wait and see.
?
As soon as HM has died those two will go absolutely crazy beyond imagination, they have shown to have no limits, no respect.... a desaster for both Charles and especially William one day.

Closed Thread