The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 03-31-2021, 05:49 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLLK View Post
No she did not because in all honesty, it didn't really help the situation with the press for Diana. I believe that because of the lack of response from the editors, that she chose not to do it for Sarah Ferguson, Timothy Laurence, Sophie Rhys-Jones, Camilla Parker-Bowles, Autumn Kelly, Catherine Middleton, Mike Tindall, Jack Brooksbank or Edo Mapelli-Mozzi either.
I agree. Moreover, Diana's problems with the media were different. The media adored Diana, the problem was the paparazzi photographing her every move (including when she was on private property). I remember seeing her surrounded by photographers everywhere she went. Diana was hounded in a way that Meghan (thankfully) was not.

Old 03-31-2021, 07:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by poppy7 View Post
I never really fully got the whole: she set up trusts for her great grandchildren. I mean in total she had 12. I dont think 3 had been born when she died. How would that be fair.

This article from 2002 https://www.theguardian.com/uk/2002/...ther.monarchy2 says the trust funds were set up in 1994 to dodge Inheritance Tax. This was therefore nothing to do with fairness to all (prospective) grandchildren - from a legal tax avoidance perspective, skipping as many generations as possible makes most sense. Only Peter, Zara, William, Harry, Beatrice and Eugenie would have been born at the point the trusts were set up, although the article does suggest she also left money to Princess Margaretís children (although isnít clear if they - or Prince Edward - got Trust Funds too).

According to Which https://www.which.co.uk/money/tax/in...s-a8x4k7z0kspg money in Trusts donít form part of an estate so Harry could have received money from a Trust Fund set up by the Queen Mother but not received money form her estate as stated by his representative

Old 03-31-2021, 11:44 PM
Administrator

Congratulations!

Closed for moderator review.

Old 04-06-2021, 12:08 PM
Administrator

This thread is now closed. A new thread can be found here.