Prince William and Kate Middleton Current Events 6: August-November 2008

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well I can recall another who was pulled down by the meda even when she was doing something Good....and I can also recall what on man had to say about it in the end.."I don't think she ever understood why her genuinely good intentions were sneered at by the media, why there appeared to be a permanent quest on their behalf to bring her down. It is baffling. My own, and only, explanation is that genuine goodness is threatening to those at the opposite end of the moral spectrum." this is IMHO what they( the press) do and they don't care about Miss Meddleton or who she might or might not be in the future...Just what they can cut her down for now...and how many of us will believe it and pass it on in our forums... because what else do we have to believe when all we know of this women is what they write. Just a friendly opinion ....

Last edited by a moderator:
She looks cute, I like the top.

I wish the DM would lay off the Diana comparisons.

How many young women could look so good in an outfit like THAT?:) I noticed that she even had the retro white stripes on her shorts. Excellent! The sequined halter top looks like the 70s, but the legwarmers are definitely 80s. They weren't a look for me, but mostly everybody wore them.

She does look good. Quite refreshing to see her in an outfit like that. Love the panties! :D

Oh, I was young in the 80ties and I wore worse things when it came to being "indecent".... Well, never mind. But I wonder why the Mail changed the tone of their headlines? It is now definitely unpleasant. Can it be that they read these forums and did not like what they read here as their "secret agenda" for Miss Middleton?
:ROFLMAO::flowers: They are perhaps varying it to keep us on our toes, however, I am starting to feel quite sorry for the Mail, they have obviously been unable to attract any of the good or serious writers to write about the Royal Family or Catherine. :whistling::lol:
How many young women could look so good in an outfit like THAT?:) I noticed that she even had the retro white stripes on her shorts. Excellent! The sequined halter top looks like the 70s, but the legwarmers are definitely 80s. They weren't a look for me, but mostly everybody wore them.
One of my younger and more 'spirited' sisters wore similar outfits to disco's in the 70's, and if I recall, she was sent home from the office because she wore a very short dress over 'hot pants'. :D I don't remember any stripes though.:flowers:

Catherine has a wonderful figure.

its a shame that William couldnt make it to support Kate's charity event but his SAS training has kept him away

She looks cute, I like the top.
I wish the DM would lay off the Diana comparisons.
Totally. They were even in the same skates.

Kate & co must have gotten some practice in for the event, looks like she only slipped up once. It seems to be such a fun bash. And compared to some of the other Day-Glo get ups, Kate's sequine and shorts actually looked classy. How anyone can pull off a green-yellow-pink all shiny and bright is an achievement on its own.:flowers:

The more I see the pictures of Catherine, the more I like them. She looks so happy, so natural. And I still totally love the panties! Need to check the upcoming parties in my area - maybe there is a disco one where I can wear those panties. :D

The more I see the pictures of Catherine, the more I like them. She looks so happy, so natural. :D

Me too! Surprisingly, my favorite bits are the ones of her falling flat on the ground. Shows what a trouper she could be. And it certainly is a refreshing departure from her usual prim and proper behavior during more formal events.

One of The Sun's reporters joined the Roller Disco. Here's their updated story:
Wheels and Kate Middleton | Prince William | The Sun |News|Royals

Completely uncalled for! If Kate does a charity fund raiser, she is accused of not doing much with her time, if she doesn't, then again she is no good. What does the DM want her to do (not that that will have any bearing on what she really should do!)? she cant have a regular job becuase the press will just hound her. Surely working for your parents in a legit business should not be a problem for anybody.

Lets focus on the positive bits: she is discrete - has never spoken to the media, even when the relationship had broken down last year. She has never put a foot wrong in public, has never worn anything inappropriate (so she is slagged off for dressing like a middle aged woman!), is never really seen drunk falling out of a nightclub (unlike say Beatrice or Eugenie), or in reality, is not seen out and about in London very often. There have been no kiss and tells from friends or previous boyfriends. Come on tabloids, she is fine, let go of her.

Yes, I would have liked her to have a career independent of the family business, but I think we can all see some of the issues that she faced when she worked for Jigsaw. She can get more involved in charity work - but then the DM would have a problem with that as well. Does anybody on th forums have a clue on what this girl should really be doing that will keep everybody happy???

Kate's problem

I think this charity came off a bit wrong for her and it's obvious William and hardly any of the other young Royals or their cousins who could have attended did not, such as Zara, Peter, Autumn, Harry, Lady Gabriella, Lord Fred. The only one who did show was Prs. Beatrice. I think it's very telling that a few days ago William's four or five year military plan was released and there is Kate kind of trying to show she is not idle and she is doing something with herself more than vacationing, but she was sort of floundering at it, Fergie style.

I just think she has been left on her own to sort herself out, meanwhile William's plans are released. If she isn't made Official by the end of the year and her press continues this way, it really may be to late. Although I didn't think the outfit was especially suitable for someone who is trying to become Queen, She looked nice but too too celebutante for a girl in the running for Princess( well her legs looked fabulous anyway)but how many future Crown Princesses who are being seriously considered have we ever seen on the floor in the middle of a roller skating rink with legs a bit askew, the Palace must be rolling their eyes in horror. :eek:

I think William and the Palace need to help her, if he intends to marry her, because her press and image is only getting worse.
She has been putting feet wrong since the summer she graduated from University in my opinion. A job secured or Graduate school would have gone a long way for her, some of this bad press is of Kate's own doing. :ermm:

Last edited by a moderator:
Completely uncalled for! If Kate does a charity fund raiser, she is accused of not doing much with her time, if she doesn't, then again she is no good. What does the DM want her to do (not that that will have any bearing on what she really should do!)? she cant have a regular job becuase the press will just hound her. Surely working for your parents in a legit business should not be a problem for anybody.

I understand that having a normal job under the current circumstances would be pretty much impossible for Catherine. Although frankly speaking, I would still like to see her pursuing some sort of a career.

Lets focus on the positive bits: she is discrete - has never spoken to the media, even when the relationship had broken down last year. She has never put a foot wrong in public, has never worn anything inappropriate (so she is slagged off for dressing like a middle aged woman!), is never really seen drunk falling out of a nightclub (unlike say Beatrice or Eugenie), or in reality, is not seen out and about in London very often. There have been no kiss and tells from friends or previous boyfriends. Come on tabloids, she is fine, let go of her.

Completely, totally agree with you on this part. Her discretion and the fact none of her friends, relatives and former partners sold her to the press speaks volumes for me; she clearly has the ability to make loyal friends, and that's so rare in our days! I have nothing to say against her dress sense - I can't say I like it for 100% but it's fine, it looks good and it suits her. And I totally agree that she's poised and elegant most of the times we see her. And even when she fall down on that disco party, she pulled it off by laughing and smiling broadly.

Yes, I would have liked her to have a career independent of the family business, but I think we can all see some of the issues that she faced when she worked for Jigsaw. She can get more involved in charity work - but then the DM would have a problem with that as well. Does anybody on th forums have a clue on what this girl should really be doing that will keep everybody happy???

That's the thing; if she had worked "properly" for the Jigsaw, that would be a different thing. But as far as I remember, she had multiply vacations, worked part0time (not sure on that), and had quite a few other privileges, which probably came from the fact her parents are friends with Jigsaw owner.

But you've caught me; I tried to figure out what Catherine could possibly do to earn "universal" respect and admiration. The fact is, she is in a no-win situation. She can't pursue her career, because then she'll be accused of cashing on her connections. She can't just do charity work, because everyone will continue calling her Waity Katy. She can't just work for her parents because everyone will say she has it easy. I guess Catherine does the best she can - working for her parents and doing charity work. I am really sorry for her; if it were me, I would have to love the man really, really very much to put up with everything!

I think this charity came off a bit wrong for her and it's obvious William and hardly any of the other young Royals or their cousins who could have attended did not, such as Zara, Peter, Autumn, Harry, Lady Gabriella, Lord Fred. The only one who did show was Prs. Beatrice. I think it's very telling that a few days ago William's four or five year military plan was released and there is Kate kind of trying to show she is not idle and she is doing something with herself more than vacationing, but she was sort of floundering at it, Fergie style.
Autumn and Peter work abroad, Zara is involved with her new horse at the moment and of course, doing what she earns her pennies from - competing. Harry is working and so.....

This event was not a spur of the moment arrangement and has been in the pipeline for months, long before Williams new job was announced to the public, guess what William and Catherine would have known long before the public!:rolleyes:

That's the thing; if she had worked "properly" for the Jigsaw, that would be a different thing. But as far as I remember, she had multiply vacations, worked part0time (not sure on that), and had quite a few other privileges, which probably came from the fact her parents are friends with Jigsaw owner. - SNIPPED-
She took no more holiday than anyone else is entitled to, kimebear already gave us proof of that by totaling her holidays up. Belle Robinson said in her interview that she and Catherines' parents were not 'friends' as such and that was not why Catherine got the job. Yes she may have been part time as many youngsters in her financial position are, (if they choose to work at all), but even at that, she was harrassed every day, morning, noon and night by the photographers trying to get 'the' shot. Getting to and from work was a nightmare for the girl. She may have given Jigsaw some free publicity but I would think the constant badgering of their staff for 'news' would have been overpowering for all concerned.

She took no more holiday than anyone else is entitled to, kimebear already gave us proof of that by totaling her holidays up. Belle Robinson said in her interview that she and Catherines' parents were not 'friends' as such and that was not why Catherine got the job. Yes she may have been part time as many youngsters in her financial position are, (if they choose to work at all), but even at that, she was harrassed every day, morning, noon and night by the photographers trying to get 'the' shot. Getting to and from work was a nightmare for the girl. She may have given Jigsaw some free publicity but I would think the constant badgering of their staff for 'news' would have been overpowering for all concerned.

Oh, I agree with you - Catherine had a really hard time merely going to job. That's why I was even sort of glad when she quitted it. My point is, she should try to really pursue some sort of a career. I know it's extremely difficult in her position, if not impossible. Which is why I'm on her side for about 99%. My point was; either have a normal job, or don't try to have a pretence of it.

This said, I find it increasingly harder to blame Catherine for the current situation. Catherine's case is not like Mary's, Letizia's or any other modern Princesses. They already had a job, a career prior to meeting their Princes, while she met William in her university years. It has never been that hard for them. And they had certainly not received the same level of media coverage, and scrutiny, as Catherine. And she's not even engaged to William!

I love that outfit Kate had on. And everyone falls when they go skateing.

Oh, I agree with you - Catherine had a really hard time merely going to job. That's why I was even sort of glad when she quitted it. My point is, she should try to really pursue some sort of a career. I know it's extremely difficult in her position, if not impossible. Which is why I'm on her side for about 99%. My point was; either have a normal job, or don't try to have a pretence of it.

This said, I find it increasingly harder to blame Catherine for the current situation. Catherine's case is not like Mary's, Letizia's or any other modern Princesses. They already had a job, a career prior to meeting their Princes, while she met William in her university years. It has never been that hard for them. And they had certainly not received the same level of media coverage, and scrutiny, as Catherine. And she's not even engaged to William!
When most women, in particular, embark on a career, they seem to have a vision of how far up the ladder they can get in the next 10-15 years or a 'this is what I want to do for the rest of my life' view. Catherine, if she marries William will never have that option. So why start on a career path that you will never be allowed to follow until the end, after all if they marry, the whole world will expect children within a short time. Perhaps Catherine and William are thinking ahead in so much as they want to be there for the children, with Catherine a full time mother.:flowers:

I know about the event and when the event was planned and I know the details, but I can see that her public reputation has suffered severely from her lack of work. As much as excuses are made, her press just gets worse. She is no longer written up as an asset as a future Princess, in the press, that is not good. She has brought some of the bad press on herself, by seeming to be idle for so many years. The excuses about her not working sound like more excuses made, imo, I think she simply wanted to make sure she was always available for Pr.William. There would have been no problem for her working (after an internship)in a museum or gallery.

As far as other young Royals going to the event, well they could have but only one chose to. I just think the Palace is watching all this with curiousity until William decides what he will do with her. This is the first thing she has decided to do as far as chairty since the Boat Race and this did not exactly get rave reviews in the press.
The latest outing of her does nothing to help her image, I haven't seen a serious future Princess for a future heir to the Throne in this manner and many who read newspapers,will just look at the photos and the outfit without the details. These photos remind me of the early photos where she was on the runway in the sheer outfit at University, it just seems no progress has been made. I think she is floundering and has floundered since she Graduated from University years ago. This is a 26 year old woman now. :ohmy:

:previous:Other young royals cannot just forget about their jobs to attend an event, the very things some on here are complaining that Catherine does! To suggest that Peter & his wife should fly over to attend is unreasonable, IMO, or Zara to forget her commitments just to attend.

The media may wish to portray Catherine in a less than favourable manner, but many of the UK public (I can't possibly claim to speak for them all), of varying ages, don't buy into the silly stories that rags such as the Mail are trying to force on them, most of them seem to have more sense than that.

...The media may wish to portray Catherine in a less than favourable manner, but many of the UK public (I can't possibly claim to speak for them all), of varying ages, don't buy into the silly stories that rags such as the Mail are trying to force on them, most of them seem to have more sense than that.

You are right, most sensible people here don't buy it. but I'm afraid there are many who do believe everything DM and similar papers try to sell as facts about Catherine, especially among the younger people. I have many friends who are less then pleased with Catherine because she's work shy, snobby, lazy, she's after the title... In other words because she is everything DM makes us believe she is.
Now, personally I happen to disagree with all of the above. I do like Catherine and think she's a very poised, mature, elegant and smart lady.But as I said, there are many who believe it. That's the power of Media.

Those papers aren't writing these stories on their own, Kate is helping them a bit, with her actions.

(She hasn't worked much, so that part is somewhat true.)

And yes the young royals have lives , jobs, that says it all.
I just think that Kate is giving the appearance of being frivolous, I personally don't think the event, or the photos or her summer of bad press have helped her that's all.

Now, personally I happen to disagree with all of the above. I do like Catherine and think she's a very poised, mature, elegant and smart lady.But as I said, there are many who believe it. That's the power of Media.
There are some who believe it but of all the youngsters I come into contact with and not just my children, grandchildren and their friends, but those who might be considered disadvantaged, that I have dealings with through one cause or another.

They are curious as to why these papers are picking on her. Even the person, again from the Mail, (I think it attracts a certain sort) who has written the short snipe hasn't the sense she might have been born with, you can't cancel an event like that at the last minute. Would canceling it have helped the falling markets at all, would it have stopped the greedy investors from forcing the near collapse of HBOS, of course not. :flowers:

There are some who believe it but of all the youngsters I come into contact with and not just my children, grandchildren and their friends, but those who might be considered disadvantaged, that I have dealings with through one cause or another.

They are curious as to why these papers are picking on her. Even the person, again from the Mail, (I think it attracts a certain sort) who has written the short snipe hasn't the sense she might have been born with, you can't cancel an event like that at the last minute. Would canceling it have helped the falling markets at all, would it have stopped the greedy investors from forcing the near collapse of HBOS, of course not. :flowers:

I guess the media is playing on that sense of injustice. All those young people, who've just graduated and have to work 9 to 6 feel it's just not fair that Catherine can spend her time partying and on holidays, whilst they have to work for their living.

The Catherine-media honeymoon ended the moment Catherine issued the complaint and the media understood she's not going to "flirt" with them for positive articles.

I just think that Kate is giving the appearance of being frivolous, I personally don't think the event, or the photos or her summer of bad press have helped her that's all.

But how was the charity event frivolous? She was helping to raise money for two very worthy causes, and her appearance at the event surely helped to raise the profile of the entire venture and bring in even more donations. She wasn't just roller skating in a silly outfit for fun, no matter how the tabloids try to spin it. She was helping to organize and stage an event sponsoring two children's charities.

Kate's press from this past summer has caused damaged to her reputation, the appearance now is similar to the girl who cried wolf, she sincerely did this charity, yes I agree, but because of her bad press(all summer as being work-shy) and the current photos in the outfit, shorts glitter top, many will open the papers and just see another frivolous Kate party outing.
I doubt the Palace or Courtiers are looking at her on the floor in shorts saying what wonderful future Monarch image she is presenting. I think some parts of the evening concerning her decsion on her attire to her presentation was a mistake.
It is obvious no PR people from the Palace helped her with this.

People are acting as if the BRF have never held a costume party. What's the difference between Beatrice's 1880 getup for her 18th birthday and Kate's sequined top with shorts? They are costumes! Take a breather here. And for the record, most swimsuits cover a lot less. It makes one wonder what day and age we are in that a pair of shorts is looked upon as a sign of what...loose morals?!

I doubt the Palace or Courtiers are looking at her on the floor in shorts saying what wonderful future Monarch image she is presenting. I think some parts of the evening concerning her decsion on her attire to her presentation was a mistake.
It is obvious no PR people from the Palace helped her with this.
Kate is not the future Monarch, William is and the Palace/courtiers are probably more concerned at the moment with sorting out his image of the boy playing solider while the real men are out fighting the war, than about Kate and her friends holding an 80's theme roller-disco to raise money for charity in the memory of a friend.

They got together, organized the event, had fun and raised some money for a good cause. Why people need to turn this into something more I will never understand.

Another "nice" article about Catherine. Three huge surprises; :eek: the story is from DM, the author is Richard Kay and, even in an article about Catherine and William, Kay just couldn't keep himself from having a go on Charles and Camilla. :D
Pathetic. Sounds like a paper-selling rubbish to me, but here were go...

What this picture tells us about the state of Kate Middleton and Prince William's romance

One thing is clear - Prince William's decision to spend the next five years as a full-time RAF helicopter search and rescue pilot means that he and Kate Middleton will either marry soon, or not marry at all.
Incredibly, even those who are whisper-close to the future king were admitting this week they have 'no idea which way it will go'.
One confessed that William's future with Kate is 'one topic he never discusses'.
This was not to say, they cautioned, that he didn't 'love' her. They think he does.
But the question is this: is William's chronic fear of being locked into the straitjacket of royal ribbon-cutting too soon so great that he is prepared to risk the relationship to avoid it?
His decision - and according to aides, it was his decision alone - inevitably means lengthy periods of weeks and even months when he and Kate will be hundreds of miles apart.
Kate's friends, at least, are not surprised that her response this week - as the British economy shook - was to be pictured in disco sequins and tiny shorts and capering about in roller skates, laughingly falling over with her long legs stretched out on the dance floor. The message was clear: ignore me at your peril.
Whether she was wise to disport herself in this inelegant manner is another matter.

Mr. 50:50 is at it again, I see. Didn't he tell us just two weeks ago that William and Kate will be meeting the PM in Balmoral to discuss their upcoming wedding? Or was that his just as ill-informed but more good-natured twin? :whistling:

Btw, I am always astounded how the papers manage to contradict themselves with the first 4 lines of an article.

One confessed that William's future with Kate is 'one topic he never discusses'.

So basically the "royal sources" this article is based upon just admitted that they have no clue about the relationship at all because William never talks about it.
However since the British tabs are infamous for their "accuracy" nothing would convince me more that everything is alright than the DM publishing a piece like that. :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom