Prince William and Kate Middleton Current Events 1: October-November 2007

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
What about supporting the English Rugby team in France instead? It's a shame nobody from the BRF shows up :eek: Seems that reaching the semifinals is not important enough to interrupt a private schedule.

Well, the Princess Royal attended one of Scotland's games, as patron of Scottish Rugby Union. I doubt Prince William would go to an English rugby match, because he might be criticized, seeing what happened the last time he was seen to support England over Wales.

Well, the Princess Royal attended one of Scotland's games, as patron of Scottish Rugby Union. I doubt Prince William would go to an English rugby match, because he might be criticized, seeing what happened the last time he was seen to support England over Wales.

Well he goes to the english football cup final and besides, England is the last remaining nation of Great Britain in the competition. I doubt they will become world champion but if they do I bet the royals will queue up to attend the honor ceremony a few days later.

So, William and Kate are going to Balmoral and the Queen is staying at Windsor? Wow, the relationship's really blossoming isn't it?

Funny sarcasm, Sam, and good point. :D I like to think it is blossoming, though! My romantic heart! :wub:

Duke of Marmalade, you might be right. It's true that by supporting England here can't be seen (reasonably) as a controversy since Wales is not in the running. I wasn't really thinking of it. But all the same, maybe William just wants to get away from things for now. He can watch the match, in any case, on TV, in his pajamas, and a spokesperson can issue a statement of support. :D

Funny sarcasm, Sam, and good point. :D I like to think it is blossoming, though! My romantic heart! :wub:

dito ;)

But all the same, maybe William just wants to get away from things for now. He can watch the match, in any case, on TV, in his pajamas, and a spokesperson can issue a statement of support. :D

:D Yeah those hard working royals ... why making an effort. It's a shame nobody shows up especially as William has done similar events in the past.

Guys we are again speculating of all things regarding Kate, otherwise we see some photos we cannot know anything regarding this couple!!!!! Everything is pure speculation in my opinion and we are at a guessing time!!!

Guys we are again speculating of all things regarding Kate, otherwise we see some photos we cannot know anything regarding this couple!!!!! Everything is pure speculation in my opinion and we are at a guessing time!!!

So what is wrong with speculation, huh? ;) I mean, I understand it's a credible forum, so we should speculate intelligently and have some substantial backings, i.e. article sources. But that we do have.... Others are writing these things, and we comment on them, and we have hopes. What's wrong with that? :D

So, William and Kate are going to Balmoral and the Queen is staying at Windsor? Wow, the relationship's really blossoming isn't it?

Well, Joachim and Marie went to Turkey while the Danish queen holidayed at Caix and still there is an engagement to celebrate. Maybe William wants to propose in the circumstances they enjoyed while still being at university and freshly in love?

No, I personally don't think so, but we should remember how many members here were sure that Joachim said Adieu to Marie when they split up because she blabbed too much to the press when in truth it was Marie who said she was not sure if she could cope with life as a princess of Denmark and needed somet ime and space. Joachim described himself as "waiting" the whole time till she made up her mind to take him on.

So it could equally have been Catherine who told William that all was too much for her and she needed more time and space to consider their relationship while William was/is waiting.... And now they're back on.
One should never forget that William and Joachim are cousins ans obviously share their taste in the "type" of girl they date....

No, I personally don't think so, but we should remember how many members here were sure that Joachim said Adieu to Marie when they split up because she blabbed too much to the press when in truth it was Marie who said she was not sure if she could cope with life as a princess of Denmark and needed somet ime and space. Joachim described himself as "waiting" the whole time till she made up her mind to take him on.

Good point, Jo. I was one of those people who thought Marie spoke too much, and little did I realize that she spoke to Billed Bladet with her beau's consent, and I think even somewhat collaboration. Although I never spoke about it on the forums, I confess that I did think their relationship was unlikely to reach a formal arrangement.

And I might add, Kate has the added favor of never having said a word to the press about Prince William.

So will Balmoral be the Final "test" to an engagement so to speak

It's true that by supporting England here can't be seen (reasonably) as a controversy since Wales is not in the running. :D
Lets be honest, some people would still cry insult if he was seen to be supporting England in this GAME. That would also be decried as having too much time off, enjoying himself when real fans couldn't get a ticket! :rolleyes: :ROFLMAO:

IMO it would be much more significant if William and Kate spent the weekend at Windsor. Since normally the Queen usually spend the weekend there.

And C+C announced their engagement there.

IMO it would be much more significant if William and Kate spent the weekend at Windsor. Since normally the Queen usually spend the weekend there.

And C+C announced their engagement there.

And Charles proposed to Diana there, though the announcement interview was at BP. I wonder if any royal proposals ever happened at Balmoral, just for the sake of wondering.... :wub:

And Charles proposed to Diana there, though the announcement interview was at BP. I wonder if any royal proposals ever happened at Balmoral, just for the sake of wondering.... :wub:

Yes, Prince Philip to Princess Elizabeth in August 1946.

Hmmm so if he pops the Question 10 am Tomorrow Balmoral time how soon would Americans hear about it? and do you think William will let his cousin Peter marry first, Ive heard next week William and Kate will step out for the first time since April

He could propose to her but if, and its a big if right now, he did they would never announce it before Peter gets married. That is not how things are done with the royal family. The focus would never be taken off the wedding of a grandchild of the Queen, especially for the future heir which would generate a ton of pomp itself. Unless BP really is going to H*** in a handbasket these days.

If he would pop the question tomorrow, nobody outside of the family may even know about it for a while. Of course, it would leak pretty quick, so the announcement would have to be made within a week or two, most likely.

It has also been reported that kate has met the Queen and Prince Philip already

It's IMHO unlikely that Catherine wasn't introduced to the queen when she attended William's parade at Sandhurst as William's invited guest of honour. That would have been very unpolite, so I guess they have already been introduced properly.

Why does one meeting constitute a marriage announcement? I met my Aunt Sarah's friend Esther last week, it doesn't mean she's marrying my budgie does it?

i thought HM and catherine had met a long time ago?:ermm:

You've seen a pictures of Kate Middleton having met the HM?

It's nice to see Prince Charles spending some time with Kate. Let's hope that she spends some quality time with the Duchess of Cornwall too. If an engagement announcement is due for 2007, it could be just what William needs to put him on the straight and narrow.

I don't think Kate spending the weekend at Balmoral means thats there will be an engagement soon. Due to their breakup not too long ago, I think it would be a mistake to get engaged already. If they are thinking about it, I think it would be smart to wait another year or so. They're still young so whats the rush! But it is nice to see the Kate is compfortable hanging out with Charles without William present.

Something is up im sure theyve probably already talked about it if not this month who knows ... Christmas they arent to young they are almost 30 IMHO this would be the best time especially for William

Let say they do get engage how will anyone feel the rolw Kate will paly as a Future Queen of England? Kate Middleton is said to be taking her relationship with Prince William very seriously- so much so, that she's already considering herself for the role of Queen... and isn't too comfortable with it! Five-ish years into her relationship with the future monarch, a close friend of the couple has said that Kate has finally woken up to what her relationship with William actually represents. Those of us who have been watching (and criticizing!) Kate since her days at St. Andrew's have said time and time again that she would not make a suitable Queen because of her lack of work ethic. It seems as though Kate may actually agree.
According to the News of the World, a pal of Kate's said, "It's one thing having an on-off relationship with Wills, it's quite another thing becoming Queen."

and
Kate Middleton and Prince Charles go hunting
By Andrew Alderson, Chief Reporter

Link to Telegraph Article

Includes pictures of Kate at Balmoral.

Poor Dears. I'm an animal lover; I don't believe on haunting down animals that way!

Last edited:
hmm, well I think that if she agrees with the public perception of her work ethics, then it really is / was time for her to realise what she would have to do if she was a queen. It is after all a lot of work (I just finished watching the show about Windsor Castle where they showed the preparations into the banquet the Queen held for the State visit of one of the Kings and Queens). I'm not doubting the fact that she does love William and probably would say yes if he asked her to marry, but maybe this is why he may have had his doubts of whether she's the right one for him (refering to her aparent "lack of work ethic")? To me he seems to work harder than she does! If they do get married, I imagine, she would have to go into some intensive queen training! I mean he's been preparing his whole life to be a future King, which is vastly different to having lets say ten or fifteen years to prepare, to be as ready as he would be, for the responsibilities.

I strongly suspect this is why, in the past, they always encouraged Princes to marry Princesses or atleast other women who moved in the royal circles - simply put, these women would know what it took to be a Queen for a country.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom