Earl and Countess of Wessex and Family Current Events 9: March 2015-November 2018

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Court Circular 7th April:
The Earl of Wessex, Chairman of the Board of Trustees, The Duke of Edinburgh's International Award Foundation, today visited the Royal Melbourne Tennis Club, 18 Sherwood Street, Richmond, Victoria, Australia, as part of His Royal Highness's Duke of Edinburgh's Award Real Tennis Tour.

His Royal Highness, Chairman of the Board of Trustees, The Duke of Edinburgh's International Award Foundation, this evening attended a Dinner at Melbourne Cricket Club, Brunton Avenue, Richmond.

Court Circular 8th April:
The Earl of Wessex, Chairman of the Board of Trustees, The Duke of Edinburgh's International Award Foundation, today undertook the following engagements in Victoria, Australia.

His Royal Highness this morning visited the Royal Melbourne Institute of Technology University, 124 la Trobe Street, Melbourne.

The Earl of Wessex afterwards visited Federation University, University Drive, Mount Helen.

His Royal Highness this afternoon visited Ballarat Tennis Club, 388 Larter Street, Ballarat, as part of The Duke of Edinburgh's Award Real Tennis Tour.

The Earl of Wessex this evening attended a Reception at Ballarat Town Hall, 22 Sturt Street.

His Royal Highness afterwards attended a Dinner at Craig's Royal Hotel, 10 Lydiard Street, Ballarat.

Court Circular 9th April:
The Earl of Wessex, Chairman of the Board of Trustees, The Duke of Edinburgh’s International Award Foundation, today undertook the following engagements in Australia.

His Royal Highness this morning visited Cope-Williams Winery and Conference Centre, 160 Glenfern Road, Romsey, Victoria, as part of His Royal Highness’s The Duke of Edinburgh’s Award Real Tennis Tour 2018.

The Earl of Wessex this afternoon visited Hobart Real Tennis Club, 45 Davey Street, Hobart, Tasmania, as part of His Royal Highness’s The Duke of Edinburgh’s Award Real Tennis Tour 2018.

His Royal Highness this evening attended a Dinner at Government House and was received by the Governor of Tasmania (Professor the Hon. Catherine Warner).

Prince Edward in Ballarat: glad to be back | The Courier
https://www.thecrownchronicles.co.u...s-duke-of-edinburgh-award-scheme-real-tennis/
https://www.theaustralian.com.au/sp...s/news-story/ba4d8dc2105e803ab13c6abef325a059
The Earl of Wessex, Prince Edward, plays in the Real Tennis Challenge Exhibition at Royal Melbourne Tennis Club, Melbourne, Australia. | Pictures of the Day: 8 April 2018 - News
No Cookies | The Mercury

Last edited:
Court Circular 10th April:
The Earl of Wessex, Chairman of the Board of Trustees, The Duke of Edinburgh’s International Award Foundation, today undertook the following engagements in Australia.

His Royal Highness this morning visited Tasmania Technical And Further Education, Drysdale Campus, 59 Collins Street, Hobart, Tasmania.

The Earl of Wessex afterwards visited St. Aloysius Catholic College, 12 Nautilus Grove, Huntingfield, Hobart.

His Royal Highness later visited Royal Tasmanian Botanical Gardens, Lower Domain Road, Hobart, and opened the Lily Pad Bicentenary Project.

The Earl of Wessex this afternoon attended a Lunch at Government House, 7 Lower Domain Road, Hobart.

His Royal Highness, Vice Patron, Commonwealth Games Federation, this evening attended a Dinner at the Sheraton Grand Mirage Resort, Gold Coast, Queensland.

Prince Edward helps Royal Tasmanian Botanical Gardens mark double century - ABC News (Australian Broadcasting Corporation)
https://www.perthnow.com.au/news/ta...olic-college-in-huntingfield-bc-5767325727001

Court Circular 11th April:
The Earl of Wessex, Vice Patron, Commonwealth Games Federation, today attended the XXI Commonwealth Games on the Gold Coast, Queensland, Australia.

Last edited:
He will be here until at least Sunday as he is here to close the Commonwealth Games. There has been no coverage down here of his visit that I have seen. There may have been some coverage of his attendance at the games but due to being at work I haven't been able to watch any of them anyway (my school is in camp week and so I am currently hoping that the Year 8s will go to sleep sometime before 2 or 3 am tonight. That has been their usual time so far this week but tomorrow night their parents can put them to bed and I can get some sleep.

Prince Edward watched the Women's Hockey Gold Medal match between Australia and New Zealand today, April 14:

** gettyimages **

Great to see Edward at the games seems to be really enjoying them.

He will be here until at least Sunday as he is here to close the Commonwealth Games. There has been no coverage down here of his visit that I have seen. There may have been some coverage of his attendance at the games but due to being at work I haven't been able to watch any of them anyway (my school is in camp week and so I am currently hoping that the Year 8s will go to sleep sometime before 2 or 3 am tonight. That has been their usual time so far this week but tomorrow night their parents can put them to bed and I can get some sleep.

I’ve seen him handing out medals and visiting different areas at the games. He, Sophie and the children are one of my favorite royal families just doing their job friendly and happily

Last edited by a moderator:
Edward is currently doing ‘The Duke of Edinburgh’s Award Real Tennis Tour 2018’ and his goal is:

Throughout 2018 HRH The Earl of Wessex will seek to play every Real Tennis court in the world – to raise significant funds to enable more young people to start their DofE both in the UK and abroad. At nearly 50 Real Tennis locations worldwide (28 courts in the UK), HRH will visit DofE centres, host fundraising events, meet DofE participants and volunteers, and test his Real Tennis skills by playing over 80 sets of tennis with young people and other community members.
More at:
https://www.dofe.org/tennischallenge2018/

About real tennis:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Real_tennis

Sophie did her cycling challenge and now Edward is doing real tennis. I’m curious to see if they continue with similar challenges and fundraising in the future, since it’s obvious they will take over The Duke of Edinburgh’s Award. Wonder if Louise and James will be doing anything for it when they’re old enough, I would expect so.

They have already taken over the Duke of Edinburgh's Award Scheme. Edward has been the Patron of the Award both in the UK and Internationally for over a decade now. It was one of the first things Philip passed on.

He past it on to Edward because Edward was the only one of his own children who did the award. I remember an interview with Edward where he said he didn't hear about the award until he was at school, which hints at how little the royals talk about what they do to their children if Edward had be be at high school to even hear of an award which his father did so much to set up.

I believe both Peter and Zara have also done the award - but then they also went to Gordonstoun. I don't know if any of the other grandchildren have done it but it certainly hasn't been reported anywhere that I can find. Kate did it though at Marlborough School.

The Earl of Wessex presented the medals after the Men's Gold Medal Basketball Game between Australia and Canada today, April 15, and held a speach during the Closing Ceremony for the Gold Coast 2018 Commonwealth Games:

** gettyimages gallery **

Last edited:

Today, April 17, the Countess of Wessex as Global Ambassador of 100 Women in Finance and as Chairman of The Duke of Edinburgh's Award Women's Network Forum participated in the Vote 100 Women in Business Summit in London:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

In the evening she attended a dinner at Fishmongers Hall.

Court Circular 16th April:
The Earl of Wessex, Chairman of the Board of Trustees, The Duke of Edinburgh's International Award Foundation, today carried out the following engagements in Australia.

His Royal Highness this morning visited Brisbane Grammar School, 24 Gregory Terrace, Spring Hill, Queensland, in celebration of the School's One Hundred and Fiftieth Anniversary.

The Earl of Wessex afterwards attended a Reception at Queensland Government Offices, 1 William Street, Brisbane, for young people who have achieved the Gold Standard in The Duke of Edinburgh's Award and was received by the Hon. Paul de Jersey (Governor of Queensland).

His Royal Highness this afternoon attended a Reception at Queensland Government Offices.

The Earl of Wessex this evening called upon the Hon. Hieu Van Le (Governor of South Australia) at Government House, North Terrace, Adelaide.

His Royal Highness later attended a Dinner at the Magill Estate.

The Countess of Wessex, Patron, the Scar Free Foundation, this afternoon held a Meeting at Buckingham Palace.

Her Royal Highness, Vice Patron, The Queen Elizabeth Diamond Jubilee Trust, this evening attended a Reception at Tower Bridge, London SE1.

Category: | The Courier Mail

Court Circular 17th April:
The Earl of Wessex, Chairman of the Board of Trustees, The Duke of Edinburgh's International Award Foundation, today undertook the following engagements in South Australia, Australia.

His Royal Highness this morning visited Hoops 4 Life Basketball, 182 John McVeity Centre, Smithfield Plains.

The Earl of Wessex this afternoon attended a World Fellowship Lunch at the Seppeltsfield Winery, Seppeltsfield Road, Seppeltsfield, Barossa Valley.

His Royal Highness afterwards visited Twelve25 Salisbury Youth Enterprise Centre, 17 Wiltshire Street, Salisbury.

The Earl of Wessex this evening called upon the Hon. Steven Marshall MP (Premier of South Australia) at
Government House, North Terrace, Adelaide.

His Royal Highness afterwards attended a Reception followed by a Dinner given by the Premier of South Australia at Government House.

The Countess of Wessex, Chairman, Women's Network Forum, and Global Ambassador, 100 Women in Finance, this morning attended the Vote 100 Women in Business Summit, Royal Garden Hotel, 2 - 24 Kensington High Street, London W8.

Her Royal Highness this evening attended the Helford Children's Sailing Trust Dinner at Fishmongers' Hall, London Bridge, London EC4.

http://hrhcountessofwessex.blogspot.hr/2018/04/the-vote-100-women-in-business-summit.html

Last edited:

Still in Adelaide the Earl of Wessex visited Prince Alfred College today, April 18, marking its 150th anniversary:

** rex gallery **

Court Circular 18th April:
The Earl of Wessex, Chairman of the Board of Trustees, The Duke of Edinburgh's International Award Foundation, today undertook the following engagements in South Australia, Australia.

His Royal Highness this morning visited Prince Alfred College, 23 Dequetteville Terrace, Kent Town, to mark the College's One Hundred and Fiftieth Anniversary.

The Earl of Wessex afterwards attended a Meeting at the Offices of Commissioner for Children and Young People, Wakefield House, 30 Wakefield Street, Adelaide.

His Royal Highness this afternoon attended a Lunch at Adelaide Town Hall, 128 King William Street, Adelaide.

The Earl of Wessex later visited Adelaide Zoo, Frome Road, Adelaide, and attended a Meeting.

His Royal Highness afterwards attended a Reception for young people who have achieved the Gold Standard in The Duke of Edinburgh's Award at Adelaide Zoo.

The Earl of Wessex this evening attended a Dinner given by His Excellency the Hon. Hieu Van Lee (Governor of South Australia) at Government House, North Terrace, Adelaide.

His Royal Highness later departed from Adelaide International Airport for the United Kingdom.

Court Circular 19th April:
The Earl of Wessex this afternoon arrived at Heathrow Airport, London, from Australia.
Mr. Timothy Roberts was in attendance.

Last edited:
Edward has had an extremely busy time away. He is also scheduled to attend the banquet this evening - he must be so tired! He didn't attend the opening ceremony today as it was in the morning and he would have been knackered.

Edward has had an extremely busy time away. He is also scheduled to attend the banquet this evening - he must be so tired! He didn't attend the opening ceremony today as it was in the morning and he would have been knackered.

I imagine he’s knackered and jet lagged. I guess he’ll get out of bed, attend the state banquet and then crash again.

He had two engagements for tomorrow, but now I see Sophie is doing the Commonwealth Canopy Initiative at the Royal Botanic Gardens and the other engagement has disappeared from the royal website. He probably realized he needs a day or two to recuperate.

I imagine he’s knackered and jet lagged. I guess he’ll get out of bed, attend the state banquet and then crash again.

He had two engagements for tomorrow, but now I see Sophie is doing the Commonwealth Canopy Initiative at the Royal Botanic Gardens and the other engagement has disappeared from the royal website. He probably realized he needs a day or two to recuperate.

So Sophie is now attending her engagement and standing in for Edward now too?

Prince Edward Has Koala Encounter In Adelaide | GOLD104.3 - Pure Gold

Edward visited Adelaide zoo and he named two Koala's Sophie and Louise. :wub:

So Sophie is now attending her engagement and standing in for Edward now too?

Prince Edward Has Koala Encounter In Adelaide | GOLD104.3 - Pure Gold

Edward visited Adelaide zoo and he named two Koala's Sophie and Louise. :wub:

No, Sophie took his place.
The old schedule said:
· 20 April 2018
The Earl of Wessex
Patron, Commonwealth Games Federation will attend the Commonwealth Games Federation Sports Breakfast Meeting.
· 20 April 2018
The Earl of Wessex
will attend the Commonwealth Canopy Initiative at the Royal Botanic Gardens, Kew, Richmond.

Now it says:
20 April 2018
The Countess of Wessex
will attend the Commonwealth Canopy Initiative at the Royal Botanic Gardens, Kew, Richmond.

Nothing for Edward on Friday. It is, however, possible the webpage isn’t accurate, it’s happened before.

Last edited:
:previous:
Apparently, the royal family website was wrong both times:bang:. In the end it was:

20 April 2018
The Earl of Wessex
Patron, Commonwealth Games Federation will attend the Commonwealth Games Federation Sports Breakfast Meeting.
20 April 2018
The Countess of Wessex

The Countess of Wessex was in Truro, Cornwall today, April 24.

As President of the Truro Christmas Primestock & Produce Show she attended the Annual General Meeting (1). And she visited Tregolls School (2-10) and Tregassow Asparagus Farm:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** Pic 5 ** Pic 6 ** Pic 7 ** Pic 8 ** Pic 9 ** Pic 10 **

Court Circular 20th April:
The Earl of Wessex, Vice Patron, Commonwealth Games Federation, this morning attended a Meeting at the InterContinental London Park Lane Hotel, 1 Hamilton Place, London W1.

The Countess of Wessex this morning visited the Royal Botanic Gardens, Kew, Richmond, on the occasion of the Commonwealth Heads of Government Meeting and subsequently attended a Luncheon at Kew Palace, Royal Botanic Gardens, for spouses of the Commonwealth Heads of Government.

Court Circular 23rd April:
The Countess of Wessex, Patron, Toronto General and Western Hospital, this morning held a Meeting.

Her Royal Highness, Patron, Defence Medical Welfare Service, this afternoon held a Meeting.

Court Circular 24th April:
The Earl of Wessex, Chairman of the Board of Trustees, The Duke of Edinburgh's International Award Foundation, this morning held a Meeting.

His Royal Highness, Past Master, the Worshipful Company of Gardeners, this afternoon held a Meeting.

The Earl of Wessex, Patron, the National Youth Theatre of Great Britain, subsequently attended a rehearsal of "the Fall" at 443-445 Holloway Road, London N7.

His Royal Highness, Patron, Tennis and Rackets Association, this evening attended a Dinner on the occasion of the Real Tennis World Championships, The Queen's Club, Palliser Road, London W14.

The Countess of Wessex this morning visited Tregassow Asparagus Farm, St. Erme, Truro, and was received by Her Majesty's Lord-Lieutenant of Cornwall (Colonel Edward Bolitho).

Her Royal Highness subsequently visited the Royal Cornwall Agricultural Association Mobile Educational Unit at Tregolls School, Chellow Road, Truro.

The Countess of Wessex, President, Truro Christmas Primestock and Produce Society, this afternoon attended the Annual General Meeting at Probus Village Hall, Truro.

Last edited:
:previous: Great hair! :flowers: Love her up-do! Whole look is very neat.

Court Circular 25th April:
The Earl of Wessex, Patron, the Tennis and Rackets Association, today attended the Professional-Amateur Tournament at The Queen's Club, Palliser Road, London W14.

Court Circular 26th April:
The Earl of Wessex, Trustee, The Duke of Edinburgh's Award, this morning visited UTC Portsmouth, London Road, Portsmouth, and was received by Her Majesty's Lord-Lieutenant of Hampshire (Mr. Nigel Atkinson).

His Royal Highness, Chairman of the Board of Trustees, The Duke of Edinburgh's International Award Foundation, this afternoon visited Seacourt Tennis Club, Hayling Island, Hampshire, as part of The Duke of Edinburgh's Award Real Tennis Tour.

The Earl of Wessex, Trustee, The Duke of Edinburgh's Award, this evening attended a Dinner at Seacourt Tennis Club.

The Countess of Wessex, President, Breast Cancer Haven Guardians, this afternoon held a Meeting at Buckingham Palace.

Her Royal Highness, Patron, afterwards held a Meeting for Stoll at Buckingham Palace.

The Countess of Wessex, Chairman, Women in Business Committee, The Duke of Edinburgh's Award, this evening attended a Reception at Central St. Giles, 1-13 St. Giles High Street, London WC2.

https://www.portsmouth.co.uk/our-re...for-duke-of-edinburgh-award-charity-1-8477712

Court Circular 27th April:
The Countess of Wessex, President, Brainwave, today attended a Clay Shoot and Lunch at Cowdray Estate, Midhurst, and was received by Her Majesty’s Lord-Lieutenant of West Sussex (Mrs Susan Pyper).

Last edited:
Court Circular 30th April:
The Earl of Wessex, Chairman of the Trustees, The Prince Philip Trust Fund for the Royal Borough of Windsor and Maidenhead, this afternoon chaired a Meeting at St. George's House and this evening attended a Dinner in the Norman Tower, Windsor Castle.

The Countess of Wessex, Colonel-in-Chief, Corps of Army Music, today held a Meeting.

Court Circular 2nd May:
The Earl of Wessex, Chairman of the Trustees, The Prince Philip Trust Fund for the Royal Borough of Windsor and Maidenhead, today attended a Lunch at Ascot Racecourse, Berkshire.

Last edited:
Court Circular 3rd May:
The Countess of Wessex, Patron, Lions Clubs International, Multiple District 105, British Isles and Ireland, this afternoon held a Meeting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom