British Royal Family Current Events 7: January 2014-April 2015

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Duke and Duchess of Gloucester and Princes and Princess Michael of Kent also attended.

It cracks me up when the DM publishes a story with WRITE CAPTION HERE under a photo. They are comically inept. And they have been doing it a lot lately.

My favorite time of the year! The British social calendar is in full swing! Royal Windsor Horse Show, Chelsea Flower Show, Epsom is coming up, Garter Day, and....ROYAL ASCOT!!!!!!!

My favorite time of the year! The British social calendar is in full swing! Royal Windsor Horse Show, Chelsea Flower Show, Epsom is coming up, Garter Day, and....ROYAL ASCOT!!!!!!!

Indeed, the "Season" is now kicking off. Plenty to watch and look out for!:)

I'm aware of that but it was implied before the details came out that they were all going to be at the same D-Day event.

Yeah, I thought the same but I get what they're doing though. I like that the major senior royals are taking part in these events.

This schedule is just insane : SIX senior members of the BRF AT THE SAME TIME in France.
i think I'm gonna faint ...

All the security will be a nightmare.

It's a pity that the Queen and the Duke are the only ones scheduled to attend the State Banquet. I also hoped for more events for the Cambridge's.
Security will be a nightmare and I'm pretty sure there will be a huge crown turnout.

British Royal Family Current Events 7: January 2014 to

It's a pity that the Queen and the Duke are the only ones scheduled to attend the State Banquet. I also hoped for more events for the Cambridge's.

Security will be a nightmare and I'm pretty sure there will be a huge crown turnout.

The Queen and Duke are the only ones attending the State Banquet because they're the only ones on the state visit. The Waleses and the Cambridges are not. There are fewer events for the Cambridges because William is neither the head of state nor the heir.

Security was always going to be a nightmare regardless of which or how many British Royals attended because of the presence of many heads of state, some of whom are much more likely than members of the British Royal Family to be a security target (President Obama and President Putin for example).

Last edited:
Are there any commemorations the BRF are attending in London? If so, how do I find out about those? VE Day? VJ Day etc. commemoration of the 70th anniversary of WWII in London?

Last edited:
In 2005 they had one combined commemoration for the end of World War Two - not separate ones for VE and VP Days. The commemoration for the 60th anniversary of the end of WWII was held on the Sunday after the bombs went off in London (I was there).

I would expect them to only have the one day again next year.

I am also wondering if they will commemorate the 200th anniversary of the Battle of Waterloo which I hope they do - just as they did for the Battle of Trafalgar in 2005 (a week or so earlier than the 60th anniversary of the end of WWII - I watched one on TV and the other I was in The Mall).

There are going to be a series of commemorations later this year for the start of WWI with pretty much all of the BRF taking part in events across the UK.

Royal Central @RoyalCentral · 7s
Tomorrow, The Queen, joined by Prince Philip, Harry & Pss Anne, will present new standards to the Household Cavalry A guide to the Royal Summer, 2014 | Royal Central

Thanks, Dman for sharing this. I love the summer schedule.

Not an official part of the Royal summer, but also on the docket for some of the family is Wimbledon June 23-July 6. Yay.

Pictures:
Queen Elizabeth II And The Duke Of Edinburgh Attend The Household Cavalry Standards Parade- Including Prince Harry, The Princess Royal and The Duke of Kent-
Search - Getty Images : GBR: Queen Elizabeth II And The Duke Of Edinburgh Attend The Household Cavalry Standards Parade

Video:
The Queen, accompanied by the Duke of Edinburgh, has presented a new Standard to the Household Calvary at Horse Guards Parade this morning. The Queen and Prince Philip inspected the troops from the comfort of the state limousine. A spokeswoman from Buckingham Palace said that an open-top vehicle would have been used, had the weather been better-
http://news.itnsource.com/?SearchTerm=QUEEN INSPECTS HOUSEHOLD CAVALRY

Last edited:
:previous: It is cold as well as wet - horrible! Id have stayed in the car as well

Pictures:
Queen Elizabeth II And The Duke Of Edinburgh Attend The Household Cavalry Standards Parade- Including Prince Harry, The Princess Royal and The Duke of Kent-
Thanks Dman. Can anyone explain what's happening in this photo? http://cache4.asset-cache.net/gc/49...PMqkMGG34ax19D/FJtM/fgZg2rJnLn1oNJbTLL/wjog== Retiring the old flag, maybe?

And that headline from ITN is misleading, the Queen and the Duke watch the parade, standing, from under a tent. The headline makes it sound much less active than it was.

This is known as a "Drum Head Service" - takes the place of an altar on the battlefield. The new colours/standard are blessed by the padre/vicar. If you have ever watched the Service of Remembrance from the Albert Hall, the evening before Remebrance Sunday, they establish a drumhead prior to the prayers.

New standards are normally issued every 10 years. This is new standard for the Household Cavalry

This is known as a "Drum Head Service" - takes the place of an altar on the battlefield. The new colours/standard are blessed by the padre/vicar. If you have ever watched the Service of Remembrance from the Albert Hall, the evening before Remebrance Sunday, they establish a drumhead prior to the prayers.

New standards are normally issued every 10 years. This is new standard for the Household Cavalry

Thank you Cepe.

Last edited:
Prince Harry's on the prowl again! Newly-single royal distracted from ceremony on Horse Guards Parade by beautiful blonde-
Prince Harry distracted from ceremony on Horse Guards Parade by beautiful blonde | Mail Online

Queen keeps out of the rain as she presents new standards to Household Cavalry-
Queen keeps out of the rain as she presents new standards to Household Cavalry - Telegraph

Queen Elizabeth II looks gorgeous in pink.

Prince Henry is the English gentleman in frock coat and top hat.

Rebecca English @RE_DailyMail · 17m
The Forum is a chance for TRHs and the charities they support to provide an update about their work and explore opportunities to collaborate

Rebecca English @RE_DailyMail · 28m
The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and Prince Harry attended their biannual Charities Forum at the Natural History Museum this morning....

Jamie McFadden @JamieMcFadden_ · May 29
Royals expected to be out in force at this summer's Commonwealth Games @Glasgow2014, with The Queen expected to be at the Opening Ceremony.

Also expect Duke & Dcss of Rothesay (Charles/Camilla), plus Earl & Countess of Strathearn (William/Kate) to make appearances @Glasgow2014.

Duke and Duchess of Gloucester are first royals to publish details of their attendance at @Glasgow2014 on the royal website.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom