Former Imperial, Princely and Royal Houses

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Pavlos goes to Greece regularly, I think more than before. I think Pavlos' eldest son should also go to Greece more often, as he is the future head of the royal house.
But the relevance of the royal family among European royalty is assured, as they are close to almost all reigning royal families.

They are close now mostly because of their kinship to the Danish, Spanish and British royal families. But will they be two generations or so from now? Will Princess Leonor's children, or Prince Christian's chidren have a relationship with the children of Prince Constantine-Alexios? Will Prince George's family in the United Kingdom have any relationship at all with the Greek royals?

If you look at royal events today, the only former sovereign families of Europe that are consistently invited are apparently Bulgaria, Greece, Romania, and Serbia. Dynasties that are much more prominent (historically speaking), but whose degree of kinship to the current sovereign families is now very distant (maybe centuries removed) tend to be overlooked. My feeling is that, unless someone in the younger generation also marries dynastically, the Greek royal family will slowly fade like the former ruling families of Austria, France, Italy, Portugal, etc.

They are close now mostly because of their kinship to the Danish, Spanish and British royal families. But will they be two generations or so from now? Will Princess Leonor's children, or Prince Christian's chidren have a relationship with the children of Prince Constantine-Alexios? Will Prince George's family in the United Kingdom have any relationship at all with the Greek royals?

If you look at royal events today, the only former sovereign families of Europe that are consistently invited are apparently Bulgaria, Greece, Romania, and Serbia. Dynasties that are much more prominent (historically speaking), but whose degree of kinship to the current sovereign families is now very distant (maybe centuries removed) tend to be overlooked. My feeling is that, unless someone in the younger generation also marries dynastically, the Greek royal family will slowly fade like the former ruling families of Austria, France, Italy, Portugal, etc.
I don’t think necessarily that links would be maintained by the younger generation via another dynastic marriage, Charles is Olympia’s godfather and in the same social circles as Beatrice and Eugenie and if she might marry her current boyfriend, Peregrine then links could be maintained as William has played polo at one of their seats and the York girls are friendly with her. The issue for George would be the massive age gap, but if he gets to know them somehow. William is godfather to Constantine-Alexios. I’m not sure about Leonor, but Christian seeing as the mothers (Marie-Chantal and CP Mary) are on good terms, it’s possible for the younger sons of M-C to be friends. What would help is if links via friends in the families because for instance, ex-Tsar Simeon isn’t married to a royal, but still has links. CP Alexander of Serbia divorced from a Catholic royal, but remarried to a Greek woman, for him the late Queen was his godmother and the were close friendships between the families.

Last edited:
I haven't seen much evidence of that and he seems to spend as little as time as possible there for what ever personal reasons he has.
I also do not foresee any changes in that also with his children.
It’s the choice of his children if they want. They will come if they want

Were most of those visits not related to the death and funeral and then the memorial for his late father?
Hopefully the Crown Princely Family will spend more time in Greece with Queen Ann Marie this summer!
I’m quite sure they come ever summer or so, and he visits his family

I was researching and found the current functions of the Romanian Royal House on Wikipedia in Romania:
On October 29, 2018, the Chamber of Deputies tacitly adopted the PSD - ALDE legislative proposal for the creation of the "King Mihai I" institution for the promotion of national values, which provides for the creation, organization and functioning of this structure as a autonomous administrative authority, with legal personality, under parliamentary control, financed by the State budget and its own revenues. The management of this institution is ensured by a director, appointed and dismissed by Parliament, in a joint session of the two Chambers, on the proposal of the Guardian of the Crown of Romania, with the majority vote. of parliamentarians present. Annually, this institution is allocated an amount by law, equivalent to 860,000 euros, coming from the State budget, through the Senate budget.
Since the date of its proposal, a series of criticisms have been brought to this legislative initiative, both of a constitutional nature (in relation to the provisions of the current Constitution) and of an infra-constitutional nature (with regard to the right to manage the Elisabeta Palace).
https://ro.wikipedia.org/wiki/Familia_Regală_a_României

Back
Top Bottom