Warm Moments Between Royals - Part 2

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I just want to comment about one detail. The court and the swedish press actually has an agreement that they will publish pictures of Estelle on a regular basis. In exchange, the swedish press will not send paparazzis after them and not publish pics taken by paparazzis. It has worked out quite well, methinks.

I have standards which I apply to everyone, no matter if they are my favourites or not. It's actually the other way round. If someone meets my standards I like him (better), if he doesn't he falls from grace (in this case Victoria who actually used to be one of my favourites).

Neither Maxima nor Mary did bring their babies to the weddings in their families (Maxima could have in 2004 to Friso's, Mary in 2008 to Joachim's). That's a fact. Nor did those couples feel the need to show their love for each other quite so demonstratively.
If they had I would have critizised it and questioned the reason behind it.
(Kissing on the deck of the ship which is like a stage, visible for everybody. I am sure Victoria was totally unaware that there might be photographers around. She is only in the media's eye since 36 years. So how should she know? And for the record: If pics of Frederik&Mary or Haakon&Mette-Marit kissing on the deck of the boat turn up I will criticize them too.)

Estelle's presence in the church and absence in Drottningholm is just one detail of the whole picture. Yes, all royal houses/couples need good publicity but none of the other European RFs released as many pics/videos of their little one or brought the child along to as many public engagements at a very early age.
It's all about degrees and nuances for me.

But I agree that there are a lot of people with double standards here and there is a tendency to be more forgiving towards those we like than towards those we don't like.

1. The fact that Estelle was welcome at the rehearsal is a good sign that Madeleine and Chris were excited to have her there.

2. V&D had one little kiss; they weren't making out! I just don't see the problem with this, but perhaps that's a cultural difference.

I have standards which I apply to everyone, no matter if they are my favourites or not. It's actually the other way round. If someone meets my standards I like him (better), if he doesn't he falls from grace (in this case Victoria who actually used to be one of my favourites).

Neither Maxima nor Mary did bring their babies to the weddings in their families (Maxima could have in 2004 to Friso's, Mary in 2008 to Joachim's). That's a fact. Nor did those couples feel the need to show their love for each other quite so demonstratively.
If they had I would have critizised it and questioned the reason behind it.
(Kissing on the deck of the ship which is like a stage, visible for everybody. I am sure Victoria was totally unaware that there might be photographers around. She is only in the media's eye since 36 years. So how should she know? And for the record: If pics of Frederik&Mary or Haakon&Mette-Marit kissing on the deck of the boat turn up I will criticize them too.)

Estelle's presence in the church and absence in Drottningholm is just one detail of the whole picture. Yes, all royal houses/couples need good publicity but none of the other European RFs released as many pics/videos of their little one or brought the child along to as many public engagements at a very early age.
It's all about degrees and nuances for me.

But I agree that there are a lot of people with double standards here and there is a tendency to be more forgiving towards those we like than towards those we don't like.

You don't know the temperament of Mary and Frederik's or Maxima and Willem-Alexander's children, while their parents do, and they may have felt that it would be too much for the children to sit through a wedding ceremony. Estelle was well-behaved, and caused no trouble whatsoever, so I don't see what your issue is. She's part of the family, and therefore, should be allowed (and welcomed) at a wedding of her Aunt and Uncle. As to the kiss between Victoria and Daniel, as someone pointed out, they may have been remembering their own wedding, which took place this month as well, and wanted to share a little private moment. Nothing wrong with that. I give them credit for being open with their affection towards each other.

I seem to remember the littlest dutch royals were taken to a baptism (i think) and were crawling and running all over the place...*that* for me was a 'maybe they shouldnt have brought them' moment...
I really think in Sweden they tried the rehearsal as a try-out for Estelle too and i think she behaved very well for a small child...and I'm sure that, had it been a 'regular' family, the child would have been welcome in church too, so why not Estelle...
(And that itty-bitty kiss... that was incredibly demure compared to the antics some other people are up too...)

I bet he had a lot of questions for everyone! I can imagine him running riot inside the room after the display, going on and on about it excitedly!

Edward and Sophie at the Garter Service today:
Wessex

I just want to comment about one detail. The court and the swedish press actually has an agreement that they will publish pictures of Estelle on a regular basis. In exchange, the swedish press will not send paparazzis after them and not publish pics taken by paparazzis. It has worked out quite well, methinks.
Seems to me that the Dutch royals media code plan is being adopted by another royal family. I like that this would allow the royal children to have an opportunity to be free from prying paps, while allowing the public to view photographs from time to time.

The swedish press has so far agreed with Victoria and Daniel that they will not publish any paparazzi photos of Estelle, just the photos taken by Kate Gabor and released by the court - and photos of Estelle at official events, like the National Day and the wedding.

Felipe and Letizia on Monday evening at the annual meeting of the Board of the Trustees of the Prince of Asturias Foundation
http://img2.europapress.net/fotoweb/fotogaleriafamosos_57993_650.jpg
Annual meeting with the members of the Boards of Trustees of the Prince of Asturias | jose p. gegundez | photographer
Annual meeting with the members of the Boards of Trustees of the Prince of Asturias | jose p. gegundez | photographer

Last edited:
These gifs. Prince Daniel and Estelle :p
Madeleine the Magnificent

Lovely gifs. Daniel is very sweet with his darling little daughter!:D

And I love that site, too. I can make tiny little stars with my cursor and spread them around. I have always been easily amused by sparkly things. :D

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom