Princess Beatrix, Current Events Part 2 (May 2020 - Present)

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Doesn't Princess Beatrix attend services at the Kloosterkerk?

She did in the past. However, I dont think she travels all the way to The Hague to attend church service since she moved back to Kasteel Drakensteyn in Lage Vuursche about 8 years ago.

Last edited:
Last edited:
Photos of Princess Beatrix's participation at the NL DOET action can be found at our extra thread. Reposts here have been removed.

A nice photo of the three of them. I am not sure how familiar Beatrix is with the Gloucesters. From her own younger years she is probably better acquiented with the Kents due to the Mecklenburg kinship. But it is always good to see the Gloucesters, whose understated sense of duty is appreciated by all.

Yes it was really lovely to see the king's mother at an event with the Gloucesters today!

How nice that they used the opportunity to also host this reception together. My guess is that princess Beatrix also used this opportunity to visit her daughter-in-law and granddaughters, so I don't think it was a one day visit for her.

And probably the former Queen made a private visit to Windsor to see the Queen in all serenity and discretion.

On the History of Royal Jewels and Collections message board, a member named Sam (Beau Monde) posted a documentary in English about Queen Beatrix. The -rosy- documentary seems a professional one and the maker even spoke to Bas de Gaay Fortman.

Last edited:
Oh I saw this advertised, it was on the UK's Channel 5 TV station. It's good as there are so few, if any, documentaries in English about anyone other than the UK royals.

Beatrix , The Queen Who Gave Up The Throne , It is also available on Youtube . It was fascinating to see the 'public perception', of the now Princess Beatrix as it developed both before , and during her reign . Also how her public character was shaped by the tumults of her parent's lives , and her own . I would love to learn more about her late husband , Claus von Amsburg , he sound's like a wonderful man .

As Patron of the Princess Beatrix Muscle Fund Princess Beatrix paid a working visit to the Erasmus MC in Rotterdam today, May 3, to see the results of the Gene Therapy Research Programme supported by the fund:

** Pic **

On May 20th Princess Beatrix will meet up with dear old friend Queen Margrethe II on the Danish island of Amager celebrating 500 years of Dutch farmers in Denmark and ties between Denmark and The Netherlands.That will be nice,to see them both.

Last edited:
Posts about Princess Beatrix attending the celebration of the 500th anniversary of the Dutch immigration to Store Magleby in Dragør Municipality in Denmark today, can be found and made here.

Princess Beatrix attended the celebration of the 150th anniversary of the Royal Society for Horticulture and Botany today, May 25:

** Pic ** ppe gallery **

Last edited:
Minister of State Herman Tjeenk Willink is the man seated on (our) left of the Queen. He was the former vice chairman of the counsil of State and the godfather of the Princess of Orange.

Last edited:
Princess Beatrix attended the "Muscles2Meet – Neuromuscular Young Talent Symposium', an initiative of the Princess Beatrix Spierfonds, in Zeist today, June 10:

** rex gallery ** ppe gallery **

Lady Elizabeth was a bridesmaid at the wedding of Princess Beatrix of the Netherlands and Claus van Amsberg in 1966 :previous:

Clearly the British public (as otherwise the DM would write differently) only cares about their own royals. The fact that the former Dutch queen attends the memorial service of her good friend but is not considered important enough for the main text - they only state that she once attended her wedding (with a mention that Anne was a bridesmaid at the wedding; but not that the deceased had been a bridesmaid at the wedding of princess Beatrix). Other than that she has to do with photo captions mostly in the second half of the article.

I noticed that the former queen is wearing a (stabilization) bandage on her left ankle.

Back
Top Bottom