Princess Beatrix, Current Events Part 2 (May 2020 - Present)

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Great to have a three generation picture included as part of celebration princess Beatrix' birthday today!

Yes indeed the beloved Former Monarch,Current Monarch and Future Monarch ...wonderful!

Princess Beatrix attended the commemoration of the flood disaster in South Holland, Zeeland and North Brabantin (1953) in Oude-Tonge this morning, February 1:

** anp gallery **

:previous: a small clip from the commemoration
https://www.nu.nl/298017/video/prinses-beatrix-herdenkt-watersnoodramp-in-oude-tonge.html#nujij
The flood in 1953 had a huge impact and is still remembered even now, 70 years later, by people who survived and families who lost relatives (in the Netherlands 1836 people lost their lives i the disaster).
The village of 'Oude Tonge' had the most victims, 305, which was almost 10% of it's population at the time..

---

Some comments from social media question why the king and his family are on a 'fun' trip in the Caribean instead of being at this commemoration, but it is much appreciated that P.Beatrix travelled to Oude Tonge.

Princess Beatrix has broken her wrist while skiing last Friday, February 17, the Palace announced today, February 20.

(So the reason why she did not attend the birthday gala for Princess Margriet on February 15 has indeed been her skiing holidays)

Her Royal Highness Princess Beatrix broke her wrist while skiing last Friday. She has now had surgery on her fracture and has returned to the Netherlands. The Princess is otherwise in good health and will recover from her fracture at home.

The planned visit by the Princess to the celebration of the 160th anniversary of the Royal Home for Former Soldiers and Museum Bronbeek on Friday 24 February has been postponed.

** koninklijkhuis: Prinses Beatrix geopereerd aan pols **

Princess Beatrix has broken her wrist while skiing last Friday, February 17, the Palace announced today, February 20.

(So the reason why she did not attend the birthday gala for Princess Margriet on February 15 has indeed been her skiing holidays)

** koninklijkhuis: Prinses Beatrix geopereerd aan pols **

Friday February 17 was also the day of Friso's skiing accident (in 2012) that after a long comateus state (in various states of conciousness) led to his death on August 12, 2013 (about a year and a half later).

Wow, this is quite a week for surgery among monarchs (and former) of that generation. Beatrix on Friday, Carl Gustav today, Margrethe later this week.

Friday February 17 was also the day of Friso's skiing accident (in 2012) that after a long comateus state (in various states of conciousness) led to his death on August 12, 2013 (about a year and a half later).
I had not realised that! I am sure that princess Beatrix did. [emoji17]

I read she was in Leche with Mabel when her accident happened. I assume they make a point of being there at that time.

Wishing Princess Beatrix well,a broken wrist can be very painful :flowers:

Princess Beatrix attended the presentation of the 9th Prince Friso Engineering Award in Papendrecht this evening, March 15.

** rex gallery ** anp gallery ** ppe gallery **

Princess Mabel was scheduled to attend as well as she usually does, but had to cancel her attendance, probably because of one of her daughters.
Earlier today she posted on her Twitter account:

"I wish the three nominees for the @KIVI_NL @PrinsFrisoPrijs good luck and have fun today. Three female (!) engineers who all do important, fascinating work. Unfortunately I cannot attend the ceremony this afternoon. #Kids First #Next Year Again"

Last edited:
Is it known how the Princess injured her arm?

Ok I must have missed it. Thanks!
Hope she heals well soon!

She looks lovely. Nice to see that even though she knew when to step aside for her heir, she had her events, patronages, activities. Makes me respect her alot.

Princess Beatrix sailed from Stavoren to Enkhuizen today, April 22, and with that has put the restored sailing yacht De Groene Draeck back into use.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 **

Yesterday evening, May 15, Princess Beatrix attended the "Concert Not to Forget" organized by the Alzheimer Center Amsterdam:

** rex gallery **

The former monarch looked to be very much enjoying her visit :previous:

Princess Beatrix was present at the celebration of the 50th anniversary of the Van Gogh Museum in Amsterdam today, June 2:

** anp gallery ** rex gallery **

Last edited:
Princess Beatrix presented the Silver Carnations of the Prince Bernhard Culture Fund at the Royal Palace in Amsterdam today, June 9:

** rex gallery ** anp gallery **

Princess Beatrix as Patron attended the celebration of the 75th anniversary of the Foundation for Refugee Students UAF in Utrecht today, June 12:

** anp gallery ** rex gallery **

Princess Beatrix attended a concert of the Berlin Philharmonic Orchestra at the Salzburg Festival in Salzburg, Austria, yesterday, August 27:

** ppe gallery **

Back
Top Bottom