Princess Marie Chantal is expecting her 5th child

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
1. Congratulations! I hope it's a girl and they name her after Pavlos' beloved paternal grandmother.
2. I hope MC doesn't take any risks with this pregnancy. After the outcome of #4 at a private clinic, they should take extra care. I don't know how the OB medical system works in England, but if there's even the slightest chance she may need blood, she should be at a hospital where she can get it right away, not a private clinic where she had to wait 4 hours.
3. As for the fifth child being "necessary", everybody has the own idea of how many kids is enough. The nurse taking care of my mom after baby #3 thought that that was one child too many, and was very vocal about it when taking care of her.
4. What is this going to do to the family fortunes? The more offspring there is to divide it up amongst, the sooner it will be all gone and the GRF will be poor once again.

What is the name of Pavlos' paternal grandmother?

What is the name of Pavlos' paternal grandmother?

It's Frederika.

well, it really took me aback learning their expecting. and that because a) there were rumors that the couple didn't get along that well (and even rumors of divorce) :ermm: and
b) because it really seems to me that MC is trying to prove sth (to herself, Alexia, Pavlos ,who knows?)

Anyway, since it's none of my business (of course) let's hope everything goes on smoothly and they deliver a healthy child! :flowers:

Thank you Vally, for answering my question.:flowers:

I wonder why it is that we're hearing about so many royal mothers with near fatal deliveries (we could have lost MC and Sophie Wessex). You'd expect they would get the best care possible, and it's not so.

I wonder why it is that we're hearing about so many royal mothers with near fatal deliveries (we could have lost MC and Sophie Wessex). You'd expect they would get the best care possible, and it's not so.

I wonder if this is because they are seeking alternatives to hospitals? I don't know the story behind Sophie Wessex's near-fatal delivery, but Marie-Chantal went to a private clinic. I also wonder if perhaps age is a factor. Marie-Chantal was in her mid-thirties when she had her last child, and I wonder if this played a role. It's difficult to know for sure.

Unfortunately, I don't have the link. The article is featured in the February 2008 issue of Vanity Fair magazine. If I had a scanner, I would scan it for you.
Is that the one with the blonde de jour in the black and white hat or the new one just coming out? Thanks!

Is that the one with the blonde de jour in the black and white hat or the new one just coming out? Thanks!

No, it's the one with Indiana Jones on the cover. It is the issue that followed the one with the "blonde de jour" (this remark is funny and sadly, true).:flowers:

Sophie had placenta abrupta (sp), which means her placenta started to come away from the lining of the uterus, cuasing massive bleeding. This happened at home, so it had nothing to do with her level of care. It was something which could not be predicted. Once she arrived at hospital, (after a delay with the ambulance), I believe she received wonderful care in the NHS (public) hospital. She must have been impressed, as she went back to the same hospital for James' birth.

As for MC and Pavlos, congratualions! I'm not surprised, as I also recall her stating years ago she wanted 5 kids. They can afford them, so why not.

Such a good news. I'm so found of MC, wonderful couple, ten years of marriage and so in love. They always said they wanted 5 children and that's it. Hope everything will be OK and congratulations for them.

I wonder if this is because they are seeking alternatives to hospitals? I don't know the story behind Sophie Wessex's near-fatal delivery, but Marie-Chantal went to a private clinic. I also wonder if perhaps age is a factor. Marie-Chantal was in her mid-thirties when she had her last child, and I wonder if this played a role. It's difficult to know for sure.

I asked my doctor is going past 35 would increase your risk for danger to yourself or your child. As I was thinking of holding off having a second child. She said it's an old myth that getting older increases the risk. It has more to do with genetics and your health.

I asked my doctor is going past 35 would increase your risk for danger to yourself or your child. As I was thinking of holding off having a second child. She said it's an old myth that getting older increases the risk. It has more to do with genetics and your health.

This is good to know. I am in my mid-thirties and haven't begun to think of having children yet.

MC´s sister-in-law Alexia started her first pregnancy at the age of 36 and had her fourth child last October at the age of 42. And I´m sure she´ll have a fifth (and last one) around spring in 2009 when she´s almost 44.

The news of MC pregnancy was a surprise but I ma veru happy for her. Babies are always a blessing. I wish her a healthy pregnancy and a safe delivery.

Sophie had placenta abrupta (sp), which means her placenta started to come away from the lining of the uterus, cuasing massive bleeding. This happened at home, so it had nothing to do with her level of care. It was something which could not be predicted. Once she arrived at hospital, (after a delay with the ambulance), I believe she received wonderful care in the NHS (public) hospital. She must have been impressed, as she went back to the same hospital for James' birth.

Yes, I know that placenta abruptia just happens... but the delay with the ambulance doesn't just happen. That could have had fatal consequences for Sophie if she had bled to death.

It just seems odd that two royal mothers could have been placed in so much peril, recently.

The delay with the ambulance came because Sophie's staff didn't order an ambulance to come to get her, they called the doctor and said something was wrong without taking the necessary step of notifying someone that they couldn't bring her in, instead needing someone to be sent to get her. The ambulance delay wasn't the fault of the NHS -- someone at Bagshot apparently doesn't understand how medical services are dispatched.

Yes, I know that placenta abruptia just happens... but the delay with the ambulance doesn't just happen. That could have had fatal consequences for Sophie if she had bled to death.

The point I was making, that the episode with her condition, and the ambulance delay, had nothing to do with her level of care during her pregnancy. I was responding to a previous poster who implied her choice of care contributed to her near tragic outcome. It didn't.

The delay with the ambulance came because Sophie's staff didn't order an ambulance to come to get her, they called the doctor and said something was wrong without taking the necessary step of notifying someone that they couldn't bring her in, instead needing someone to be sent to get her. The ambulance delay wasn't the fault of the NHS -- someone at Bagshot apparently doesn't understand how medical services are dispatched.

Thankyou, kelly9480. Exactly my point.

Yes, what I meant was ... why didn't the ambulance come when Sophie was obviously in a dangerous condition -- particularly if she was a high-profile person? (Unfortunately, less-privileged women often get less care.)

Although her placenta abruptia was dangerous, I have no reason to think that health care professionals caused it or made it worse.

Congratulations to Marie-Chantal. I hope things go well for this pregnancy.I was a little surprised to hear that she was pregnant since she had such difficulties with her last delivery.

Hello, this is my first post, so be patient please.

So glad to hear the news that Princess Marie Chantal is expecting. I do hope all goes well and this time she a little girl, of course as long as the baby is healthy that is more important.

Carolyn

Pardon my ignorance, but what happened with Princess Marie-Chantal's 4th pregnancy?

Pardon my ignorance, but what happened with Princess Marie-Chantal's 4th pregnancy?

It was revealed in the recent Vanity Fair interview with M-C & Pavlos that during M-C's labour with OK, she began bleeding heavily and lost a lot of blood, so much that I believe she nearly died. More info can be found in their Current Events thread

actually, as long as they check into a hospital rather than a private clinic (which i belive she did with her 4 child) she should be fine. A hospital will hve quicker and ready excess to the blood that she'll need shld the complication happen again. But let's hope that all goes well for her this time.

But I read that her 4th child was born at the Portland Hospital in London. Isn't that a proper hospital?

Yes, I think Sarah of York gave birth to Beatrice and Eugenie in that hospital.

If we are talking about the same hospital, then it is one that specializes in women and children.

Congrats to the family! I know, I am unforgivable late with my greetings, but I really couldn't do it earlier!

I once lost the address of this site! Just after many, many months and long searchings I have at last found the site again!!! I just happened to look for a picture of Anne-Marie and was conducted to this site! And now it is almost 4am and I should have been sleeping already hours ago, but how could I go to bed, when there is so much to read!

I have read that the names of their four children were announced about two month after the birth. Does anyone know, why these announcements were so late?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom