Pavlos And Marie Chantal: Current Events February 2004 - August 2004

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally posted by tricia@May 11th, 2004 - 11:42 am
I must be the only one on here that isn't a Marie-Chantal fan. I have a hard time believing that she married for love. That multi-million "dowry" is what really put me off about this marriage: I think it was $125 million.
No, Tricia, you're not alone. I used to like her a lot but then I began hearing stories about her "demanding" to be called (paraphrasing), " .. Crown Princess Marie - Chantal of Greece and don't you forget it! .. ". When someone would call her something else lesser, she'd start in lecturing that person exactly who she was and that her "title" should be in the forefront of everyone's mind.

First, of all, I thought that maybe this was a "press invention", but then I began reading it in other reputible publications. Also, at the Spanish wedding, (which I watched on TV), she acted as though she was "more special" than anyone else around her ~ (and, I did take into consideration that she was pregnant and that maybe her "hormones" were acting up and that she was probably uncomfortable. I was just dumbfounded because I really liked her from "Day 1".

However, this is only MHO which is based on "what" I hear and "what" I see. Others may disagree and that's OK ~ however, this is just my opinion ... but, she has definitely "slipped" from the top of my favorites. If someone wants to give me some "feedback" on this subject, I would love to hear it ~ because I was "very let down" by some of her actions and deeds. :unsure:

Elizajane

I think, the only demand she has ,is others to be cautious when they talk about her! :p She is Crown Princess,She worths every 'letter'of her title ,our Crown Prince Pavlos loves her,and she does always the best for all her family!!

Plus She is a Mother of (soon)four Princes!!!Isn't this a Nobility ???

Happy anniversary to Pavlos and Marie-Chantal! They have been married 9 years today.

I used to like her a lot but then I began hearing stories about her "demanding" to be called (paraphrasing), " .. Crown Princess Marie - Chantal of Greece and don't you forget it! .. "

I believe that these stories began to circulate when MC & Pavlos were living in New York. There were reports of department store personnel being instructed to address MC as "Your Royal Highness". Apparently MC's domestic staff also had strict instructions to address her in the same fashion. I can't help but wonder if she was instructed to enforce this protocol. In the U.S., most people aren't inclined to defer to anyone no matter who they say they are.

Originally posted by samitude@Jul 1st, 2004 - 12:36 pm
Happy anniversary to Pavlos and Marie-Chantal! They have been married 9 years today.
Happy Anniversary,to Their Highnesses,and a Trouble free birth of Their fourth Child!!

Originally posted by laskaris@Jul 1st, 2004 - 8:57 am
I think, the only demand she has ,is others to be cautious when they talk about her! :p She is Crown Princess,She worths every 'letter'of her title ,our Crown Prince Pavlos loves her,and she does always the best for all her family!!

Plus She is a Mother of (soon)four Princes!!!Isn't this a Nobility ???
I have heard that she still does not speak Greek, it's not an easy language to learn but that makes her quite stupid in my opinion. She is pretty etc but her not learning Greek has always been essential from the moment she married.

She doesn't speak Greek, and if you've ever heard her talk, she doesn't come off as very bright either.

Originally posted by Bubbette@Jul 23rd, 2004 - 9:41 am
She doesn't speak Greek, and if you've ever heard her talk, she doesn't come off as very bright either.
Half an hour a day would have done the trick, intelligent or not.

It does not really make any practical difference because I do not think the Greeks wil want them back but it would have been a decent thing to do towards her husband and his family.

Originally posted by susanstotz+Jul 23rd, 2004 - 11:37 am--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (susanstotz @ Jul 23rd, 2004 - 11:37 am)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Bubbette@Jul 23rd, 2004 - 9:41 am

It does not really make any practical difference because I do not think the Greeks wil want them back but it would have been a decent thing to do towards her husband and his family. [/b][/quote]
I certainly agree. MC has three children and is now expecting a fourth with her husband, the man who would be the next King of Greece if the country still had a monarchy. Regardless of what may happen in Greece's political future, she should learn the language. It is also important to her children's heritage. These are not simply children who have ancestors of Greece, but Royal ancestors. Her children carry the titles, "Princes and Princesses of Greece." If MC were to learn the language she would set a very good example.

From everything I've read in a lot of different opinion places on the 'Net, if they ever accepted the family back in an official role, they want their own choice of representative and it wouldn't be Pavlos, but his younger brother Nikolaos.

Originally posted by Gigi+Jul 23rd, 2004 - 11:40 am--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Gigi @ Jul 23rd, 2004 - 11:40 am)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by susanstotz@Jul 23rd, 2004 - 11:37 am
<!--QuoteBegin-Bubbette
@Jul 23rd, 2004 - 9:41 am

It does not really make any practical difference because I do not think the Greeks wil want them back but it would have been a decent thing to do towards her husband and his family.
I certainly agree. MC has three children and is now expecting a fourth with her husband, the man who would be the next King of Greece if the country still had a monarchy. Regardless of what may happen in Greece's political future, she should learn the language. It is also important to her children's heritage. These are not simply children who have ancestors of Greece, but Royal ancestors. Her children carry the titles, "Princes and Princesses of Greece." If MC were to learn the language she would set a very good example. [/b][/quote]
yeh i think she should definetely learn Greek, it doesn't matter if it's not perfect, it's the effort that counts,...

I think the children know Greek, i heard they have Greek nanies...

Originally posted by Bubbette@Jul 23rd, 2004 - 10:41 am
Where you did you hear MC speak? Is there a video clip available online? There used to be an interview available online via "on demand" about MC's clothing line. It was some sort of public access cable show.....I was really suprised that MC even agreed to do it. MC seemed to be poised and well-spoken.....she sounded like an american, but would pronounce words like "hobby" as the english do.

Back when MC lived in New York, I also heard that she and Pavlos attended church, and she would participate in prayers and readings in Greek. I think she may have tried to learn a little Greek early on, but found that she could get along without it. I'm very suprised that there wasn't more pressure from Pavlos and his family.

oh gosh maybe if you google it. It was from some public tv station in Washington DC. I think there may also be a clip of her speaking regarding CP Fredirik's wedding . If you go to the Danish television page and look through their wedding site, you can find it if it's still up.

She was being interviewed about her clothing line by a Washington, D.C. station. I can't remember the name of the show though. She is not the sharpest tool in the shed. She can't speak well and has this affected british accent. It is obvious that the main goal of the girls in the Miller family was to marry well and maintain their socialite status. These ladies are utterly vapid and totally nouveau riche:boring.
I have a greek friend who said that the greek monarchy has no chance of being restored and if it did, it would not be Pavlos. He is not respected at all. He is considered to be quite a joke and kept by his wealthy wife. The greek men just chuckle when seeing photos of him being dragged to fashion shows.

The Miller sisters are definitely not the brightest of women. I think that most people like to believe that MC is extremely intelligent because of her success in business, but what needs to be understood is that almost everyone has people working around them. She is surrounded with intelligent people and most likely has a very capable business manager. I would personally expect MC to do well in the clothing industry because fashion and clothing seem to be something that interest her greatly. Although I do believe that buying extremely expensive clothing for children regardless of who you are is a waste considering the rapid growing rate of most children, having visited one of her boutiques, I must say that the clothing is of very good quality.

I've read a few articles that were written about the sisters during the height of their popularity-the marriages :rolleyes: and I wasn't impressed by their conversation skills. It was clear to me that their topics of discussion are very limited. These are young women who were obviously raised to marry well, have children, renovate homes, and throw dinner parties.

I believe that they all possess the ability to educate themselves more substantially and that they could expand their knowledge of the world in general. However, they simply were not reared in that manner and have relegated themselves to what appears to be very specific social circles in which their specific interests and limited knowledge are quite common among most of their peers.

Originally posted by ReinaMissy@Jul 23rd, 2004 - 11:41 am
From everything I've read in a lot of different opinion places on the 'Net, if they ever accepted the family back in an official role, they want their own choice of representative and it wouldn't be Pavlos, but his younger brother Nikolaos.
Even that is a beautiful dream that is never going to fulfill.

Originally posted by paloma@Jul 25th, 2004 - 4:10 pm
I have a greek friend who said that the greek monarchy has no chance of being restored and if it did, it would not be Pavlos. He is not respected at all. He is considered to be quite a joke and kept by his wealthy wife. The greek men just chuckle when seeing photos of him being dragged to fashion shows.
Who would have thought men can be fashion accessories? You go girl. :lol:

Originally posted by paloma@Jul 25th, 2004 - 4:10 pm
She was being interviewed about her clothing line by a Washington, D.C. station. I can't remember the name of the show though. She is not the sharpest tool in the shed. She can't speak well and has this affected british accent. It is obvious that the main goal of the girls in the Miller family was to marry well and maintain their socialite status. These ladies are utterly vapid and totally nouveau riche:boring.
If Nicholas marries "well", to someone who the Greeks would respect maybe they will do a switch, like in Jordan.

It's obvious Pavlos chose for his personal happinies which is wise because the greeks are quite a bit anarchistic and they only had their royal family for a century or so. It will take an enormous coincidence and goodwill for them to return and if you do not appeal to the greeks, you are out.

Originally posted by Gigi@Jul 26th, 2004 - 10:55 am

I've read a few articles that were written about the sisters during the height of their popularity-the marriages :rolleyes: and I wasn't impressed by their conversation skills. It was clear to me that their topics of discussion are very limited. These are young women who were obviously raised to marry well, have children, renovate homes, and throw dinner parties.
Has she ever even thrown a dinner party? I've never read of one in the social pages.

Originally posted by Gigi@Jul 26th, 2004 - 11:55 am
The Miller sisters are definitely not the brightest of women. I think that most people like to believe that MC is extremely intelligent because of her success in business, but what needs to be understood is that almost everyone has people working around them. She is surrounded with intelligent people and most likely has a very capable business manager.

I think that your assessment that the Miller sisters are not exactly the brightest apples in the barrel is pretty accurate. The impression I've certainly cultivated from interviews given by them and blind gossip items is that the girls were bred to be socialites. That while education was certainly important, it's not as if the girls were expected to actually do something with their education, at least not long term. They would each certainly go to college, get a degree and do something but then get married, have children and raise them. Brilliant conversationists with a magnitude of subjects at their bredth and disposal would be the last thing I would credit the Miller sisters as having. Unless of course the discussion was about Valentino's latest line. ;)

I've read too that Marie Chantal has tried to start several businesses of her own throughout the years being the most innovative of her sisters, but that most of them have never even gotten off the ground or not been very successful. But that she feels it necessary to prove to her father who was himself a self-made business man, that she is good or worthy of something. Her children's clothing line is her most successful venture to date. And no doubt she has very intelligent and astute people handling her business. Marie-Chantal also has a vested interest in seeing her business succeed as her name is the label and if she knows that she is not completely capable of making the business successful by her own skills and knowledge, she needs to hire others who can.

Originally posted by kirstengrafin@Aug 3rd, 2004 - 5:29 am
MC & family on the cover of Life and Style magazine:

http://www.lifeandstyle.gr/
This is such a great picture :) I wonder, if there would be more nice pictures inside the magazine? I am afraid, magazines in Greek isn't easily obtained around here.

Have any of you seen a copy of the magazine? Or maybe some scans online?

Thank you for letting us know about this. That is a beautiful photo!

:blink:
Oh how ducky,
Why do MC and Pavlos year in and year out insist on showcasing their "Life Styles of the Rich, Royal and Ever soooooo Idle " in magazines all over the world ? :blink: Maybe they can get their own tv reality show 24-7 or better still their own network...
Wittykitty :sick:

Originally posted by Chatleen+Aug 3rd, 2004 - 5:10 am--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Chatleen @ Aug 3rd, 2004 - 5:10 am)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-kirstengrafin@Aug 3rd, 2004 - 5:29 am
MC & family on the cover of Life and Style magazine:

http://www.lifeandstyle.gr/
This is such a great picture :) I wonder, if there would be more nice pictures inside the magazine? I am afraid, magazines in Greek isn't easily obtained around here.

Have any of you seen a copy of the magazine? Or maybe some scans online? [/b][/quote]
Yes there are!!There are photos of Prince Nickolaos and Tatiana also!!

Originally posted by wittykitty@Aug 4th, 2004 - 9:06 am
:blink:
Oh how ducky,
Why do MC and Pavlos year in and year out insist on showcasing their "Life Styles of the Rich, Royal and Ever soooooo Idle " in magazines all over the world ? :blink: Maybe they can get their own tv reality show 24-7 or better still their own network...
Wittykitty :sick:
Hmm, not a bad idea wittykitty! A reality-tv show might be the best thing for these two! ;)

"The measure of your value is not into to what is been given to you,but into what you create and the need of everyone's to meet with his glory... "

Royal Prince Pavlos of Greece

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom