Rose Ball, Monaco: 2005 - 2024

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
AFAIK she did attend the civil weddings of both Andrea and Pierre. She returned to Monaco for some events in order to allow P Albert to stay for Andrea's religious wedding in Switserland. Neither she nor P Albert attended Pierre's religious wedding, if I remember correctly. I will be surprised if there are bad vibes between the family members. And if that is the case I feel sorry for P Albert, since he will be in the middle of it.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community

Let us please get back to the topic of this thread! Further off-topic posts will be deleted without notice! Thank you!

With all respect, a fundraising ball is hardly a "signature event"... The only real signature events are -nationally- the Fête Nationale and Sainte-Devote, and -internationally- the Grand Prix Formule 1 in the streets of Monte-Carlo.

But the Bal de la Rose is NOT just any fundraising ball. It is the first of THE two grand balls associated with the Principality and it's Sovereign Famiy...the second of course being the summer's Red Cross. It has traditionally signaled the beginning of the Spring social season in Monte Carlo.

My opinion is that it's a shame the family has apparently decided to divide up the two events with Caroline and her gorgeous children taking center place at one and the equally gorgeous wife of the Sovereign presiding at the second(IF that is indeed what has happened).:sad:

Before her wedding and the birth of the twins Charlene appeared at both. I don't understand why she still can't do that?

God, is there any of Grace's jewels that Caroline DOSN'T have her mitts on?

Omg we get it, Caroline is the evil gold grabbing sister-in-law. Yawn..
I bet Caroline ordered staff to manhandle Charlene if she dares to attend. Oh wait, this isn't a Disney movie?

Last edited:
I barely post about Caroline and don't really have an opinion on her but she's the only one of the Grimaldi's who wears Grace's bling ( and now her daughter too).Albert was very close to his mother so I just think it's weird that his wife's never worn anything that belonged to her. I also hope that Caroline doesn't own the stuff outright as she might pass it on to her kids and I would prefer that it stays within the Grimaldi family.

Grace's jewels were left to Caroline,.I believe, and Stephanie has worn some pieces, usually earrings. Grace didn't actually have that many jewels as she got many on loan. Caroline inherited Rainier's mother's jewels which she often wears.

Really I wouldn't have thought Grace would have been so short sighted. Surely she would have wanted them to always belong within the Prince family

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

Grace's jewels were left to Caroline,.I believe, and Stephanie has worn some pieces, usually earrings. Grace didn't actually have that many jewels as she got many on loan. Caroline inherited Rainier's mother's jewels which she often wears.

Why would Grace leave her jewellery to only one child? That seems unlikely surely. I know Rainier's mother left Caroline her stuff but I can't see Grace doing that. I hope that Caroline's pearl and diamond tiara gets left to the Grimaldi family eventually as her own children won't need it.

Why would Grace leave her jewellery to only one child? That seems unlikely surely. I know Rainier's mother left Caroline her stuff but I can't see Grace doing that. I hope that Caroline's pearl and diamond tiara gets left to the Grimaldi family eventually as her own children won't need it.

No idea, I'm only telling you what I think I've read somewhere - actually, I think they were left to Rainier and he passed them on to Caroline with Stephanie having the right to use them when required. Maybe he realised Caroline was going to be more of the blingy jewellery type than Stephanie.

I also have no idea what arrangements Caroline might make for her jewels in her will. She can leave them to her children I suppose, if she wants. There isn't as far as I'm aware an enormously long history attached to the jewels so if they don't return to the "main line of descent" it won't be a huge problem, I don't suppose - although, obviously it's nice for Albert to have something of his mother's to pass on. But he has bought some serious jewels for Charlene so I think there's plenty to go round.

Try the jewellery thread - that may be where I read about this (a long time ago).

Does any info about the amount raised by the ball get published? I get it that the Red Cross gets wonderful publicity from the event. But are the financials transparent or hidden?

Does any info about the amount raised by the ball get published? I get it that the Red Cross gets wonderful publicity from the event. But are the financials transparent or hidden?

I don't know about that - actually it's usually raising money for the Princess Grace Foundation so possibly it could be on their website. Or the SBM as they help host it...?

Really I wouldn't have thought Grace would have been so short sighted. Surely she would have wanted them to always belong within the Prince family

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

Princess Grace was bypassed by her mother-in-law, the Duchesse de Valentinois. All her jewels went to Princess Caroline. So there was little for Princess Grace to make special provisions for. She wore no jewels with historic significance.

I don't know about that - actually it's usually raising money for the Princess Grace Foundation so possibly it could be on their website. Or the SBM as they help host it...?

In 2014 the Bal de la Rose had € 404.431,-- revenue for the Fondation Princesse Grace. That sounds a lot, but overseeing the public of milliardaires it is mwoah... (link)

For a comparison, the annual AmsterdamDiner (to fight AIDS), without milliardaires but normal people like you and me, raised € 653.000,-- (link). Like the Rose Ball, also that diner has a royal patroness: photo.

With the last amount in mind, I expected more of the clustering of bulky milliardaires sipping Moët & Chandon and tasting a caviar in the Salle des Etoiles... My guess is that the millardaires gave a lot, but that the costs for the venue, the catering, etc. are also astronomic, so that per saldo little remains for the Fondation Princesse Grace.

:whistling:

Last edited by a moderator:
In 2014 the Bal de la Rose had € 404.431,-- revenue for the Fondation Princesse Grace. That sounds a lot, but overseeing the public of milliardaires it is mwoah... (link)

For a comparison, the annual AmsterdamDiner (to fight AIDS), without milliardaires but normal people like you and me, raised € 653.000,-- (link). Like the Rose Ball, also that diner has a royal patroness: photo.

With the last amount in mind, I expected more of the clustering of bulky milliardaires sipping Moët & Chandon and tasting a caviar in the Salle des Etoiles... My guess is that the millardaires gave a lot, but that the costs for the venue, the catering, etc. are also astronomic, so that per saldo little remains for the Fondation Princesse Grace.

:whistling:

€ 404 431 is better than a kick up the bum. The rich people had fun too.

That's great about the Amsterdam fundraiser - all those "ordinary" people can feel oh so smug and superior because they beat the rich folks in Monte Carlo.

Also, as it appears it's a competition, "ordinary" people probably don't attend as many fundraisers as the millionaires so per head I'm guessing the rich donate more... Not as a proportion of their income, probably but as I said to you before - money's money, it doesn't buy more just because it was given by a sanctimonious ordinary person.

The higher sum had absolutely nothing to do with people digging deep because AIDS charities are popular with donors, of course.

Princess Grace was bypassed by her mother-in-law, the Duchesse de Valentinois. All her jewels went to Princess Caroline. So there was little for Princess Grace to make special provisions for. She wore no jewels with historic significance.

Yes but like Charlene has started to get since her wedding, Grace had a lovely collection of personal jewels she received from her husband and others. Considering Caroline had her grandmother's jewels, it would have been nice if Grace had given her jewels to Stephanie and Albert. At least a chunk of them. May not have historical provenance, but Albert giving his wife earrings or a necklace worn by his mother would be certainly more special than new.

charlene was indisposed but she will bbe at th red cross ball. it is all in their family life goes on
deo juvante

Rose Ball - March 18th, 2017

This is the thread dedicated to the Rose Ball 2017.

The 63rd Rose Ball will take place on Saturday, March 18, 2017 at 8 pm.

Once again Princess Caroline asked her friend, fashion designer Karl Lagerfeld to work on the ball's theme and together they "composed an Art Nouveau universe, celebrating one of the most elegant artistic and architectural movements: the Viennese Secession". See the press release here.

Before posting please take a look at the TRF Community Rules & FAQs

· Only pictures you have written permission to share can be posted here. You can post links to any pictures.
· No more than 20% of the text of an article can be posted, along with a link to the original article.
· It's a copyright violation to post translations of entire articles.
· We expect our members to treat each other and the royals and persons in these threads with respect.
· Opinions should be backed up by reference to published reports.
· Off topic and empty posts will be deleted without notice.
· Please be careful not to write in capital letters.

Enjoy and happy posting! :flowers::flowers:

Thanks for the photos!
Flower arrangements are lovely. Beatrice may not be in attendance this year.

Last edited:
Thank you for the pictures! :)
Is there a livestreaming site to watch the happening or something?

Yes, I highly doubt Bea would attend. With a few week old baby, she can't be blamed if not up to getting gussied up and attending a ball.

The dress Charlotte is wearing looks like a dress Princess Caroline wore some years ago to another event and Karl took some photos of her.

Charlotte is wearing one of Caroline's dresses from the past

Wow, Beatrice looks fantastic! Not to sure about Charlotte...

Will Albert and Charlene be there as well? Are they arriving later?

Back
Top Bottom