The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Old 11-22-2017, 05:44 PM
Heir Apparent

Here is a video about the gala, during the anthem of Monaco, beautiful!!

https://www.facebook.com/monacomatin...4412964609374/

Hola is a tabloid that slanders all the people in all the articles about them ( singers, actors, queens, kings, princesses) princely family of Monaco is very often the prefered subjec tof their articles, and the articles are often not true

IN this newpaper, the article spoke about a fight between the sisters in law and the third pregnacy of Tatiana (which is true, the pregnancy was announced in Point de Vue)
Old 11-22-2017, 06:30 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by melina premiere View Post

Thanks, melina p. It is a beautiful anthem. Gives off a lot of positive energy!

I always wonder why the Opera doesn't get more attention. Surely they could also broadcast this live?
Old 11-22-2017, 06:43 PM
Imperial Majesty

I would LOVE it if they provided more coverage of the Opera...it looks sooo glamorous!

During the Rainier/Grace era I used to love to see the photos of Grace in her sash and tiara at the Opera gala.

"If your dreams don't scare you, they are not big enough" Sir Sidney Poitier
1927-2022
Old 11-22-2017, 06:50 PM
Serene Highness

I wonder if we will EVER see P Charlene wear a tiara.

From the video it seems the venue was filled to capacity,suggesting much interest in the Opera. It will be great if they could make this an important part of the National Day festivities and, as you say, give it better coverage.
Old 11-23-2017, 12:55 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Excuse, I had a break

Hola is a tabloid that slanders all the people in all the articles about them ( singers, actors, queens, kings, princesses) princely family of Monaco is very often the prefered subjec tof their articles, and the articles are often not true

IN this newpaper, the article spoke about a fight between the sisters in law and the third pregnacy of Tatiana (which is true, the pregnancy was announced in Point de Vue)
Hola is NOT a tabloid - it is part of the people press but it is a respected and creditable publication especially the original Spanish version.

It most certainly does NOT slander the subjects it writes about - and making such a statement without any evidence could be considered slanderous (libellous) in itself. Not to mention the hyperbole - it slanders ALL its subjects, every week, for decades? It would have gone out of business now if that were the case.

Where other Spanish gossip magazines are falling over themselves to print the most salacious gossip Hola is measured and uses sources well. Some of its writers and contributors are members of Spanish high society or have good connections to their subjects.

It also doesn't print nearly as many articles on the Monaco family as it used to. Other European royal families also get a lot of coverage.

It isn't great literature or deeply philosophical but what it does, it does well and professionally.

The cover was an odd choice but I'm sure they had their reasons.
Old 11-23-2017, 01:27 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Excuse, I had a break

Which ones, Charlene, Caroline and Stephanie or Tatiana and Beatrice?
Old 11-23-2017, 04:37 AM
Heir Presumptive

I totally agree. I read British Hello magazine and far from being critical of it's subjects it's very respectful indeed and never prints gossipy stories. If anything it is actually quite sycophantic especially when reporting on royals including those from Monaco.
Old 11-23-2017, 04:38 AM
Serene Highness

Charlene and Beatrice were very nicely and chic dressed!
I would like to see more pictures-close ups of Bea.
She manages to be chic literally the whole time and it seems like she does not put a lot of effort.

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARG View Post
Which ones, Charlene, Caroline and Stephanie or Tatiana and Beatrice?
Hello melina premiere, thanks for your feedback. I have the same question with MARG: Which are the sisters in law?
The magazine was referring to Tatiana and Bea?
Old 11-23-2017, 04:55 AM
Serene Highness

I think I get the Hola cover--having Charlotte on the cover with her belly slightly out and a headline of a new grandchild for Princess Caroline makes one think it's Charlotte who's pregnant (if you don´t follow the family that much). It's a bit clickbaity.
Old 11-23-2017, 05:06 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by moby View Post
I think I get the Hola cover--having Charlotte on the cover with her belly slightly out and a headline of a new grandchild for Princess Caroline makes one think it's Charlotte who's pregnant (if you don´t follow the family that much). It's a bit clickbaity.
Maybe they even got confused
Old 11-23-2017, 07:23 AM
Heir Apparent

(..)

For the fight between sisters in law, I don'tknow who it is as it is a tabloid , I don't care.
Old 11-23-2017, 09:22 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
For the fight between sisters in law, I don'tknow who it is as it is a tabloid , I don't care.
It isn't a tabloid. For a start, a magazine can't be a tabloid. It is in exactly the same bracket as Point de Vue.

And if you don't care why mention it?
And how do you know what it says - do you read it in spite of its "slanderous" nature?
Old 11-23-2017, 12:35 PM
Administrator

Posts related to Andrea Casiraghi and his family have been moved to the following thread:

** Andrea Casiraghi, Tatiana & Family Current Events Part 16: March 2015 - **
Old 11-23-2017, 01:40 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:

To summarize Hola is a tabloid, then is a newspaper, and even if it slanders all the people you read it, as you unformed us about the content of the article.
Old 11-23-2017, 02:10 PM
Heir Apparent

Even the tabloids are newspapers or magazines

Point De Vue is a royal magazinz more serious than this spanish tabloid, he is wriiting articles which are true and it is received by a lot of Monarchs or princes, last week , Andrea gave an interview to Point De Vue

I wrotte the title son the front page of Hola

(..)
Old 11-23-2017, 02:33 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Even the tabloids are newspapers or magazines

Point De Vue is a royal magazinz more serious than this spanish tabloid, he is wriiting articles which are true and it is received by a lot of Monarchs or princes, last week , Andrea gave an interview to Point De Vue

I wrotte the title son the front page of Hola

All the medias are saying that Tatiana is expecting, believe it or not, it is not my business
No, tabloids are ONLY newspapers of a particular size (tabloid) and even many of the so-called quality broadsheet papers are published in a tabloid sized format. They aim at a different readership with a less formal writing style - it does not mean the information is necessarily less accurate.

Point de Vue certainly publishes a broader range of articles than Hola which sticks pretty much to "people" stories on royals, aristocrats and celebs but it is no more reliable than Hola - in fact, as a regular reader of both for nearly 40 years I've seen more occasions where PdV has had to apologise and publish a court ruling and pay damages than I've ever seen in Hola. Hola's articles may not be of any great earth shattering profundity but they are truthful, well researched and written by respected journalists. To say otherwise without evidence is slanderous...

(..)

Just an addition - Hola Argentina. Charlene doesn't even make the front cover!

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bb2UVfvFZX4/
Old 11-23-2017, 04:33 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Florestane View Post
Just an addition - Hola Argentina. Charlene doesn't even make the front cover!

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bb2UVfvFZX4/
Hola Argentina made the front cover with 3 beautiful women who are not princesses but they are part of the Monaco Princely Family. Charlotte, BEATRICE and Tatiana are wonderful. I think Caroline is proud of her daughter and the in-law.
Old 11-23-2017, 04:53 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by noda View Post
Hola Argentina made the front cover with 3 beautiful women who are not princesses but they are part of the Monaco Princely Family. Charlotte, BEATRICE and Tatiana are wonderful. I think Caroline is proud of her daughter and the in-law.
It tells me something about what sells magazines in different places as well. People are still interested in Caroline's family...
Old 11-23-2017, 04:57 PM
Administrator

Discussing the magazines in connection with the National Day celebrations is fine, but please refrain from continuing the general tabloid versus magazine discussion as it's off-topic for this thread. Thank you!
Old 11-16-2018, 06:50 PM
Imperial Majesty

Charlotte is only about three weeks post partum but she is up and about. I wonder if she will attend the Mass this year or skip it?

"If your dreams don't scare you, they are not big enough" Sir Sidney Poitier
1927-2022