National Day Monaco: 2006 - 2023

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Princess Grace did not that much more. (..)
Just practically:

HSH The Princess baptizes a new ship. Eh... Monaco has no Navy and no wharfs.

HSH The Princess opens a new Palais de Justice. Eh... the tiny area only needs one courthouse and it was already opened in 1924.

HSH The Princess opens a new secondary school in Monte-Carlo. Eh... there are two lycées in excellent housing. Further public education opportunities for monegasques may be found outside the principality.

HSH The Princess visits a hospital. Eh... There is only one hospital in Monte-Carlo and to bring an official visit every year is a bit overdone.

Okay, let us find an useful role for HSH The Princess in the organization of the Maison princier. Eh... The Prince has hired graduated and experienced French-speaking professionals to organize his House.

Oooooookay..... what useful role is there left for HSH The Princess, apart from being her husband's shadow on his foreign trips? Found it: being a devoted and hands-on mother for the princely children.

:flowers:
(..)

Should the Prince has hired graduated and experienced french-speaking professionals to organize His House, I think You need to ask yourself Why this happen. I’m more than sure You already have the answer![/QUOTE]

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't really follow the princely family, but I guess she could do more internationally as many European royals (Princess Mary, Queen Máxima, Queen Mathilde, Queen Silvia) now do.

Charlene is from South Africa. She could get involved for example with charities that focus on African projects and would be more than happy to get a boost from the Grimaldi's star power .

(..)

For the Prince hiring the best and the brightest: what would you do in his place? Leaving a family fortune in the hands of an actress or an athlete, or hiring experts whom did one of the Grandes Écoles like the ENA in Paris or followed by something like the INSEAD in Fontainebleau?

The Prince himself probably will have no idea and relies completely on his trusted and competent advisors.

(..)re
As for Charlene i think she and Albert are happy together, and happy with the set up they have. I still find it weird - and i dont understand her attitude when she does make an appearance.

Anyway, this thread is going wildly off-topic...

(..)
I don't k know what is worst. A non appearing Charlene, or an appearing one,, but looking bored and non smiling. Charlene is 41, and before marrying Prince Albert, 8 years ago, she spent many years in Monaco, observing the life she would have once married. She was an adult woman and if this public life was inconvenient to her, then she should just reject the offer...
Grace Kelly was only 27, used to live like a free star, she entered into a role and a continent fully unknown.. She tried hardly, and during these 26 years, she showed a professional and hard working face. She did her job with consciousness and smile and nobody while seing her would réalise the sorrows she might have.
Being princess of Monaco is maybe the easiest from all the other royal families duty.
No protocol, small country, loving citizens, no social issues, nice weather. What is the issue on wearing a nice dress and accompany her husband and smile?

Charlene's fan club is not small and she is appreciated in Monaco.

Monegasque people loves the Grimaldi, they see and keep silent, but I don't think they are happy.

A number of off-topic posts and comments about Princess Grace, especially speculative ones, have been removed. Please get back to the topic of this thread: Monaco's National Day. Princess Charlene's role and efforts can be discussed at this extra thread. Thank you for your understanding!

Charlene's fan club is not small and she is appreciated in Monaco.
I agree that many like her. She has many strong points - personally, I feel like we see them less and less. Some of her fan club are quite unpleasant however, - in order to show their support for the Princess they seem to feel the need to attack other members of the wider family. It doesn't make Charlene look better but speaks volumes about her "fan club".

Many Monégasques do appreciate her - but they are incredibly loyal to their Princely Family and many wouldn't say publicly if they had an issue.

But... I do have friends in Monaco, there are enough people who find her non-smiling demeanour and lack of visibility quite annoying.

Here are two more videos of two medal ceremonies last week: the presentation of the Order for the International Merit of Blood and the presentation of the Recognition Medals of the Monegasque Red Cross:

It's a pity that after going to the ND events she's back off the radar. The next big event, the Princess Grace awards, and she's gone again. It was a special one this year too as Grace would have been 90 had she been alive so I would have expected her to go. Nothing about Charlene surprises me now including if she misses the children's Christmas party at the Palace. She missed it last year so we know that she's not beyond not showing up.

Last edited:
Curious to know too what the celebrations will be like this year. Hope to see the program soon.

We have not often the program of the national day which is called the prince'sday

I think that the program will be changed because there is the Covid 73

We all just crawl into bed and pull the blanket over our heads. This virus is taking over our whole way of life. So we scale down everything. Hope 2021 will be better.

Yes I think we will see a scaled back National Day Celebration this year.

At least we will have the Te Deum Mass and scaled back ceremonies, was worried that all would be cancelled.

I will miss the balcony appearance as that's the only part of the day where we get to see the children. I hope they will go to the church service this year to make up for it.

I will miss the balcony appearance as that's the only part of the day where we get to see the children. I hope they will go to the church service this year to make up for it.

Yes hopefully we'll see Prince Jacques and Princess Gabriella at the Te Deum Mass.

At least we will have the Te Deum Mass and scaled back ceremonies, was worried that all would be cancelled.

I am happy for the Te Deum of course, but disappointed that there will be no balcony/ window appearance.

Seeing the beautiful very glamorous Grimaldi/Casiraghi together in full effect was always so much fun...my favorite part!

Understandable there will be no balcony appearance - the royals are close together so if somebody is asymptomatic the virus can spread throughout the family.

Yes unfortunately social distancing isn't that easy on a balcony.

Fortunately we will still see some celebration, and hopefully next year more.

Yes unfortunately social distancing isn't that easy on a balcony.

Fortunately we will still see some celebration, and hopefully next year more.

But it isn't a balcony from which they are looking out but Windows from of the big room's in the Place. And they always use several of them.

But good that not everything has been cancelled and that there will still be some Events taking place.

But it isn't a balcony from which they are looking out but Windows from of the big room's in the Place. And they always use several of them.

But good that not everything has been cancelled and that there will still be some Events taking place.

But Coronavirus is an airborne virus. It's always good to be cautious.

Back
Top Bottom