Princess Astrid & Prince Lorenz - Current Events part 3

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
pictures of Princess Astrid and Prince Lorenz in Rome at the beach: here

Princess Astrid has attended the ceremony for the 2012 Scientific Awards delivered by the King Baudouin Foundation on November 29, 2012.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 **

Last edited:

Princess Astrid attended the ceremony for the 39th national trophy "Victor Boin" for the best handicapted sports person of the year 2012, in Zemst this evening, February 20, 2013.

** belga gallery **

Princess Astrid attended the ceremony for the 39th national trophy "Victor Boin" for the best handicapted sports person of the year 2012, in Zemst this evening, February 20, 2013.

** belga gallery **

Victor Boin I believe was a famous Belgian Olympian,what a fitting name for the award.

Yesterday, March 28, Princess Astrid has opened an exhibition about the dangers of landmines at the Royal Museum of the Army in Brussels. The exhibition presents a series of photographs of victims and deminers in action, as a prelude to the International Day against mines on April 4. Prior to the opening Astrid has participated in a conference organized jointly by the United Nations and the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Defence on "The Ottawa Convention, a first step toward humanitarian disarmament".

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** belga gallery ** mil.be gallery **

The green of the bag seems to show up in the heels of the shoes too. Always a pleasure to see the this princess, who always seems to be in a cheerful mood.

Last edited:
Always a pleasure to see the this princess, who always seems to be in a cheerful mood.

I agree with you Marengo,Astrid is my favourite Belgian Princess and she always seems to have a smile!

Last edited by a moderator:
The older Princess Astrid gets, the more she looks like Queen Paola...or at least in these pictures. Of the 3 children of the King and Queen, Princess Astrid resembles her mother the most

Last edited:
It rained criticism on the interview in the ´Zevende Dag´. Mainly focussing on her strong French accent, the way she talks (seems to be whispering) and the lack of spontaneity and the general awnsers.

The interviewsters spoke about it yesterday in a discussion programme on the VRT and defended the princess. She said that the whole idea of the interview was spontanious, as the interviewster herself asked it to the princess in person at an event. She never expected the princess to agree, but after some doubts, she did. Neither the princess nor the staff got to see the questions beforehand.

The interviewer also noted that the princess seemed to change the moment the camera went on. Before he was relaxed and spontanious, but during the interview it was the opposite. The moment the interview finished, the princess seems to be her usual self again, all smiling and relaxed... this was recorded as the camera didn´t switch of immidiately.

I've been trying to find a video of Princess Astrid speaking flemish for quite sometimes and here it is! Thanks Iceflower ;)

She is indeed speaking with a strong french accent, even when she is speaking in English, and it is okay - I think. Everybody speaks with an accent, whatever his/her accent is, isn't it? I think people should stop criticising her accent and start appreciating what she has done so far .. that's more important ...

Anw, does anybody notice a cute family photo in the background? closely pay attention to the background at minute 2.50 ;)

Last edited:
Bad interview , Princess learned what she has to say ... like all the princes of Belgium she cannot speak correctly . The only one who is different is our King Albert II

On May 16 Princess Astrid attended an academic session organized by the Queen Elisabeth Medical Foundation and handed out the scientific prizes of the foundation at the Royal Palace in Brussels.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** fmre-gske.be **

Recently Astrid wears very beautiful oufits.
and she looks more verrrryyyy beautiful and lovely.
Astrid and Lorenz are my favorite Royal couple.

Prince Lorenz attended the 'World Monuments Fund Europe' private reception at the 'Foyer de l'Opera Comique' in Paris on June 12, 2013, honouring the donors at the end of its renovation campaign.

** Pic ** gettyimages gallery **

Do we know if Astrid´s whole family will attend the Te Deum?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom