Tessy Antony-de Nassau, News and Events 1: April 2019 - Dec 2021

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
:previous: Yes...I thought I was the only one who caught that "big wedding ceremony to follow" thing. Why in the world is that necessary?! A bigger party to include more friends and family for sure. But surely not a big formal ceremony!

One thing that Tessy is consistent with is her lack of good taste and/or discretion.:ermm:

ETA: It is not certain that the groom is Catholic. Perhaps Tessy is perfectly ok with having a Protestant ceremony for her 2nd ceremony. In that case no need to wait for Rome to grant her an annulment.

True, that's indeed a possibility. She clearly doesn't live by the teachings of the church, so it doesn't seem that important to her, meaning that she might be fine changing to a different denomination if Frank would be a member of it.

As I see it: born Antony, first married name (or at least the name she got to keep from her marriage simply because it produced offspring) de Nassau and second married name Floessel.

In the Netherlands it is custom to add your husband's name before your own (say if Renate Jansen marries Frank Visser, then she usually becomes Renate Visser-Jansen), but for abroad I am used to the other way round.

Hence I used Tessy de Nassau-Floessel née Antony in my original post.

We'll see whether she changes her Instagram name, up to now it is Tessy Antony De Nassau (she doesnt hyphenate).

Thanks. I am aware that in some countries it is indeed common to add your husband's name to your maiden name (with maiden name first). However, De Nassau is not her maiden name, so that would only make sense if she would use Antony de Nassau-Floessel, not if using 'de Nassau-Floessel' imho.

When Prince Jean remarried, the only family member who attended his wedding was his brother, Prince Guillaume. I assume that this means that the royal family disapproved of his marriage to Diane, for some reason.

Not sure why Diane would only be Countess of Nassau. Will the same hold true for Louis' second wife, Scarlet-Lauren, even though Tessy was a princess?

That was and remains a mystery. Diane de Guerre is not "from the street": a daughter of General Claude Gaston de Guerre and of Eugenia gravin Wolff Metternich, living on wonderful Hillenraad Castle. How is this ever a mésalliance????

Officially (since the latest changes in the house laws) wives of 'unapproved' marriages are entitled to use the title 'Countess of Nassau'. So, I assume that will be Scarlett-Lauren's official name (as there is little to approve after Louis already forfeited his claims when marrying Tessy) although Henri could decide to elevate her to the rank of princess at some point if he wishes to do so.

I don't know much about Hélène or Diane, but I would assume that they disapproved of the marriage with Diane because of their strict Catholicism. The Catholic Church doesn't allow second marriages, because for the Church there is no such thing. The first marriage lasts for life. So if they took this very seriously - and they probably did - they did not attend the second marriage, because in the eyes of the Church he is still married to Hélène for as long as they both live.

Now they have obviously changed their minds - or at least some of them have, because they seem happy to have Louis marry Scarlett-Lauren.

Out of topic , but I wrote it on the good one.
Remember that Grand Duke Adolphe of Luxembourg gave Prince Oscar of sweden the Tittle of Bernadotte of Wisborg, tittle of the Luxemburger Nobility for his morganatic Wedding.

Not sure why Diane would only be Countess of Nassau. Will the same hold true for Louis' second wife, Scarlet-Lauren, even though Tessy was a princess?

Officially (since the latest changes in the house laws) wives of 'unapproved' marriages are entitled to use the title 'Countess of Nassau'.

Exactly. According to the past and present house laws governing titles, the entitlement to use the princely titles of their spouses is restricted to wives of approved marriages, though the Grand Duke as the fount of honors can elevate others, as he did for Tessy.

http://legilux.public.lu/eli/etat/adm/dec/2012/06/18/n1/jo

Family Bylaws Concerning the House Law of the House of Luxembourg-Nassau

So, I assume that will be Scarlett-Lauren's official name (as there is little to approve after Louis already forfeited his claims when marrying Tessy) although Henri could decide to elevate her to the rank of princess at some point if he wishes to do so.

During the couple's recent interview with Point de Vue, the interviewer referred to her future as a princess and Scarlett-Lauren did not object.

I don't know much about Hélène or Diane, but I would assume that they disapproved of the marriage with Diane because of their strict Catholicism. The Catholic Church doesn't allow second marriages, because for the Church there is no such thing. The first marriage lasts for life. So if they took this very seriously - and they probably did - they did not attend the second marriage, because in the eyes of the Church he is still married to Hélène for as long as they both live.

Now they have obviously changed their minds - or at least some of them have, because they seem happy to have Louis marry Scarlett-Lauren.

Or it may be due to circumstances particular to Jean and Diane. If my recollection is correct, I believe that is the rumor.

Joan Dillon , Widow of Prince Charles of Luxembourg is now Joan de Noailles, Duchesse de Mouchy et de Poix. Her Children are Princes of Luxembourg too.

Joan Dillon, widow of Prince Charles of Luxembourg is now Joan de Noailles, Duchesse de Mouchy et de Poix. Her children are Princes of Luxembourg, too.

Tessy published her new name on Instagram today:

Excited to announce that my husband and I are launching our couple @zoom_o_clock sessions on timely events and topics in August. It will be called: “Tessy Antony-De Nassau Floessel’s Zoom O’Clock : Man and Woman - let’s talk differences of opinions”

https://www.instagram.com/p/CR0mIR7Jl3Y/

:previous: Oh brother! The new Mrs. Floessel made it a point to announce on Instagram that she was invited to Lady Kitty Spencer's wedding but couldn't make it because she is "due any day".:whistling:

But what about the fact that her own wedding date collided with that of Lady Kitty?

I am pretty sure that her little "bean" will have more names as its siblings to show the world that it is so special that only one name is not classy enough. Poor little thing.

Joan Dillon , Widow of Prince Charles of Luxembourg is now Joan de Noailles, Duchesse de Mouchy et de Poix. Her Children are Princes of Luxembourg too.

Her children aren't princes of Luxembourg but princes of Nassau. Only children of the grand duke or heir are prince(ss) of Luxembourg.

Her children aren't princes of Luxembourg but princes of Nassau. Only children of the grand duke or heir are prince(ss) of Luxembourg.
Only since 1995 children of youngers sons are Prince/Princess of Nassau. This is the reason the children of the late Prince Charles are Prince/Princess of Luxembourg, Prince/Princess of Bourbon-Parma and Prince/Princess of Nassau

Seems kind of sad to dish an ordinary and seemingly nice woman on her wedding day. Do we know if she’s having another boy?

I have never heard of a woman keeping her ex-husband's name as though it were her own.

She should be just Tessy Floessel or Tessy Antony-Floessel.

Antony-De Nassau Floessel is a mouthful but not unexpected. So her husband is joining her podcast?

:previous: Oh brother! The new Mrs. Floessel made it a point to announce on Instagram that she was invited to Lady Kitty Spencer's wedding but couldn't make it because she is "due any day".:whistling:

But what about the fact that her own wedding date collided with that of Lady Kitty?

I suppose she thinks that if she wasn't pregnant then she might have jumped on a plane to Rome to be there for the next day? Because she thinks mentioning clashing weddings is awkward. I don't know. Or else she wants everyone to know she and Kitty are friends.

She has put another scan of her baby up on Instagram and is clearly head over heels for the new little bean, obviously. I know oversharing and enthusiasm is her MO but seeing as she is a public figure I would be a little more careful about giving people access to that.

The fact she is going by Antony de Nassau Floessel just reinforces how desperate she is to hold on to her royal connections!

:previous: I think you hit it square on. Tessy wants everyone to know that she is close enough to Lady Kitty to have been invited to her wedding.;)

And her unborn son is not a "little bean" anymore, he is a fully developpwd big baby, ready to emerge to this world ;)

The fact she is going by Antony de Nassau Floessel just reinforces how desperate she is to hold on to her royal connections!

And also to make the connection with her children.

Tessy parents did not attend the Wedding ?

Last edited:
Seems kind of sad to dish an ordinary and seemingly nice woman on her wedding day. Do we know if she’s having another boy?

Tha's a bit the whole point, she wants to be anything but ordinary. Hence the "de Nassau" addition to her maiden name and flaunting it everywhere.

I have never heard of a woman keeping her ex-husband's name as though it were her own.

Sabia Boulahrouz is an example. Her husband Khalid is a former Dutch soccer player and they have divorced but she has kept his name.

I find it odd.

Tessy's new name now almost sounds like an oft-married soap opera character - Tessy Antony-de Nassau Floessel.

Last edited:
During the ten years prior to her divorce Tessy lived in the United States and United Kingdom, where it is the tradition for divorced women to keep the names of their ex-husbands.

Here you keep your "married name", from your side or your husband's doesn't matter after you decided it was your common married name, after the divorce when you have children whose name it is. So Tessy for me, signals she was born Miss Antony, her married name was her former husband's family name "de Nassau" (as her children still bear that) and her new name is Mrs. Floessel.

As I have two first names I use and my son bears my "married name" which we took from my first husband and that I kept when I was widowed because of my son, I hypenated my second husband's name after it, because that is now our family name, so I have that behind the name of my first husband. No maiden name for me.

What Tessy did is totally common here in Germany. Once a couple decides which name to use as "family name", it belongs to both of them and they can stick to it. So Miss Meyer marrying the Count of Adelmann, she becomes Countess Adelmann and can keep that name, even if she marries again (and her new husband can become a Count Adelmann as well, because the comital part is just part of the name and they decided to use the name with the comital extra as their "family name" which stays on as her name and when the new couple marries, they can decided to keep "her" name on for both of them. Hence, two people with the name of Count and Countess and both were born with normal names...

As much as I am not a fan of her, I think that it is ok to keep the name "de Nassau", because her sons have that name. The third child has the name "Floessel", so that is absolutely ok. She could have left out the "Antony" , but that is her decision.

Tessy parents did not attend the Wedding ?

I think they didn't, because if they had she would have posted pictures. His parents and family (only his daughter who lives in the US) obviously also did not attend. I have a feeling that they are not into that excessive attention seeking of Tessy and don't want to be part of it.

Not everybody likes it being exposed in all tabloids, and I am really glad, that there are people who want to keep their lifes and that of her children more privately.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom