The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 11-15-2021, 07:40 PM
Majesty

Will Faberge make an egg to celebrate the Platinum Jubilee of Queen Elizabeth II?

Old 12-29-2021, 12:54 AM
Royal Highness

In honouring the Platinum Jubilee, an outdoor photography exhibition at Chartwell in Kent will run next year (Saturday January 15 - Sunday February 27 2022) to showcase the special relationship between The Queen and Sir Winston Churchill.

Churchill and the Crown exhibition at Chartwell 2022
In her Platinum Jubilee year, a series of hand-selected archive photographs will tell the story of the special relationship between The Queen and Sir Winston Churchill, at his family home.
https://www.nationaltrust.org.uk/cha...chartwell-2022

‘Special relationship’ between the Queen and Sir Winston Churchill on display at exhibition
Public to get a glimpse of photos showcasing their lives at Churchill and The Crown in Chartwell, ahead of the monarch’s Platinum Jubilee
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/royal-fa...x=1640703799-1
Archived link: https://archive.ph/1TZvS

Old 12-29-2021, 10:53 AM
Imperial Majesty

Two new coins dfor the Queen's Platinum Jubilee were unveiled by the Royal Mint today.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ilee-year.html
Old 12-31-2021, 11:52 PM
Royal Highness

In honouring the Queen's Platinum Jubilee, Australian Prime Minister, Scott Morrison has announced the re-naming of Aspen Island to Queen Elizabeth II Island in June 2022. The National Carillon on Aspen Island was opened by Her Majesty in 1970. The Prime Minister has also revealed some events in the celebration of Platinum Jubilee including "lighting of the Queen’s Platinum Jubilee Beacon in Canberra, the release of commemorative stamps and coins, as well as illuminating monuments all around Australia"

Australia to honour the Platinum Jubilee of Queen Elizabeth II with national events in 2022
Prime Minister Scott Morrison announced an island will be named after the Queen this year as he revealed plans to honour Her Majesty's Platinum Jubilee.
https://www.skynews.com.au/australia...8b182b18b3048b
Old 01-10-2022, 05:15 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

The Palace has released the line up for the celebrations which will also include a 4 day UK bank holiday weekend from 2 to 5 June.

four-day UK bank holiday weekend from 2 to 5 June.
Old 01-10-2022, 06:08 AM
Imperial Majesty

Assuming my delayed trip from 2020 finally goes ahead I will be in London for the first three days of the Jubilee (I have to travel to Southampton on the Sunday for my cruise).

I am not sure if I am up to standing in The Mall, though for several hours for Trooping etc but I will certainly wander through the crowds to be part of the atmosphere, even if I don't see any royals.

Having had both knees replaced standing for four or so hours isn't really an option for me.

Of course, with covid and the difficulty of getting a covid vaccine passport in the UK as an Aussie it will be a very limited 'seeing trip'. As things currently stand an Aussie has to get an NHS number so they have to go to their doctor here, get an letter of 'introduction' to a chosen GP in the UK, then go and see that doctor, get an NHS number and then that doctor also has to register the Aussie vaccine record into the UK system. The EU is almost as hard ... one friend took about eight hours to get their Aussie vaccine recognised in the EU but even that wasn't recognised in Italy. The Aussie international vaccine certificate isn't recognised in most of the world at the moment for some reason (please bring back the universal vaccine passport - the yellow booklet).
Old 01-10-2022, 07:54 AM
Heir Apparent

I'll be there too!
I'm really looking forward to it.
Old 01-10-2022, 10:22 AM
Commoner

I am also looking forward to all the celebrations. Hope they televise some of them.

I wish I could be there.
Old 01-10-2022, 12:14 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iluvbertie View Post
Assuming my delayed trip from 2020 finally goes ahead I will be in London for the first three days of the Jubilee (I have to travel to Southampton on the Sunday for my cruise).

I am not sure if I am up to standing in The Mall, though for several hours for Trooping etc but I will certainly wander through the crowds to be part of the atmosphere, even if I don't see any royals.

Having had both knees replaced standing for four or so hours isn't really an option for me.

Of course, with covid and the difficulty of getting a covid vaccine passport in the UK as an Aussie it will be a very limited 'seeing trip'. As things currently stand an Aussie has to get an NHS number so they have to go to their doctor here, get an letter of 'introduction' to a chosen GP in the UK, then go and see that doctor, get an NHS number and then that doctor also has to register the Aussie vaccine record into the UK system. The EU is almost as hard ... one friend took about eight hours to get their Aussie vaccine recognised in the EU but even that wasn't recognised in Italy. The Aussie international vaccine certificate isn't recognised in most of the world at the moment for some reason (please bring back the universal vaccine passport - the yellow booklet).
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirabel View Post

I'll be there too!
I'm really looking forward to it.
I hope you both have a wonderful trip, and come away with some wonderful memories. I also hope you all willingly spend quite a lot of money in support of the British economy whilst you are over!
Old 01-10-2022, 01:36 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Durham View Post
Let's hope the service at St Paul's forms part of a great big coach procession to & from BP like in 2002.

Might as well pull out all the stops.
Wasn’t the reason for cars instead of coaches in 2012, that it had become too uncomfortable for The Queen and The Duke to travel such a long way in coaches ?

If so, i don’t think she at 96 and not in the best health anymore, will go to St Pauls in anything else than her state bentley, accompanied by a lady in waiting.
Old 01-11-2022, 05:01 PM
Majesty

A marvelous assortment of Jubilee activities are discussed.
Old 01-12-2022, 07:49 AM
Courtier

It will be a deserved celebration. I hope the Queen is well enough to enjoy it.

I have already entered in the Platinum Pudding Competition by Fortnum and Mason.
I am no cook but I imagined a fantastic fun looking hat, similar to those the Queen wears. I made it out of 3 Pavlovas layered, Lemon Posset and Berry Mousse. It is way too messy to win but I can't wait to see what real cooks come up with, in honour of the Queen.
Old 01-12-2022, 08:24 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Hopefully the British weather will behave for the planned 4 day UK bank holiday
Old 01-12-2022, 08:59 AM
Heir Apparent

I think the link above was accidentally deleted, but this one ought to work.

https://www.royal.uk/platinum-jubilee-central-weekend
Old 01-12-2022, 08:20 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by King of the Jungle View Post

I have already entered in the Platinum Pudding Competition by Fortnum and Mason.
I am no cook but I imagined a fantastic fun looking hat, similar to those the Queen wears. I made it out of 3 Pavlovas layered, Lemon Posset and Berry Mousse. It is way too messy to win but I can't wait to see what real cooks come up with, in honour of the Queen.
Good luck with this. It sounds like a lot of fun.
Old 01-12-2022, 08:49 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:

Good luck to you!! I hope that it holds up long enough for you to take a photo and share it here.
Old 01-12-2022, 09:00 PM
Member - in Memoriam

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
I know I'll have the best seats in the house for all the events going on for the Platinum Jubilee. Well... the best seats in *my* house at least.

This celebration is something I'm really looking forward to seeing. Lots of people all over the world in a happy mood and watching the United Kingdom rolling out a spectacular tribute to their beloved and iconic queen that has served so faithfully and steadfastly for the past 70 years.
Old 01-13-2022, 02:04 AM
Courtier

Quote:

Good luck.

It will be interesting to see what they come up with. Mark, the Queen's Head Chef (who is one of the judges) essentially said not to complicate things. Two of the judges are from Great British Bake Off (Dame Mary and one of my favourite competitors - Liam) where they seem to go in for bold and unusual flavours. Monica from Masterchef is all about precision.

Frankly my dream desert will always have lemon in it so I love the sound of your desert King of the Jungle and the Pavlova has a nice Aussie twist.
Old 01-17-2022, 05:49 PM
Nobility

Princes Andrew and Harry to lose another honour – the Queen’s Platinum Jubilee medal

Archive

Quote:
(...)

To mark the Queen’s 70 years on the throne, the commemorative medal will be awarded to serving members of the Armed Forces, police, fire, emergency and prison services.

Members of the Royal family holding honorary positions in the military are also eligible.

The only veterans that will receive the medal are living recipients of the George Cross or Victoria Cross.*

It means that Princes Harry and Andrew will be treated like all other veterans and not receive the award.

(...)
This article is written By Dominic Nicholls (Telegraph's Defence and Security Editor who's a war veteran himself with 23 years of service in the Army).

But Richard Palmer, a (veteran) royal correspondent of the Express tweeted this:

Quote:
It’s given as a souvenir to family members whether they work on behalf of the Royal Family or not. Buckingham Palace has said that Andrew and Harry will receive them along with many other members of the family eg Peter Phillips. Wallis Simpson got a Silver Jubilee medal in 1977.
https://mobile.twitter.com/RoyalRepo...92852972810245
Old 01-17-2022, 07:52 PM
Imperial Majesty

I think Richard Palmer will be right on this - after all Andrew and Edward have the Silver Jubilee Medal when they were aged 17 and 13. Charles and Anne both have the coronation medal from 1953, aged 4 and 2 at the time.

Louise had the Diamond Jubilee Medal which she wore proudly at the Windsor Horse Show for The Queen's 90th birthday.

Harry and Andrew won't qualify as serving or ex-servicemen but they will qualify as child and grandchild of the monarch (Meghan will also get one based on the fact that other in-laws also have the relevant Jubilee medals)

Tags
british royal family, buckingham palace, house of windsor, plantinum jubilee, queen elizabeth ii