Queen Elizabeth II's Platinum Jubilee Celebrations: 2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The fan in the clip is very interesting. I spot Louise Fife, her brothers Eddy & George & is Willy the kaiser? I presume he is.
Yes, there wasn´t any other one called by that nickname in the family but him.

Thank you.:flowers:

So it must date from sometime in the two & half years between Louise's marriage & the death of Eddy Clarence.

A bitter sweet day for the Queen tomorrow - the 70th anniversary of her accession, which means the 70th anniversary of her father's death. She also has another sad anniversary this week - 20 years since the death of her beloved sister, Princess Margaret who died on the 9th February 2002. Margaret's funeral was on the 50th anniversary of their father's death in the same place - St George's Chapel.

Then before the Jubilee celebrations begin the Queen will also have the 20th anniversary of her mother's death and the first anniversary of her beloved Philip's death.

She looks happy and engaged but frail. The loss of her husband clearly affected her greatly.

She looks happy and engaged but frail. The loss of her husband clearly affected her greatly.

Everything surrounding the Queen has really affected her these past couple of years. Not only Philip's death but also the pandemic (which actually probably gave her more of a rest period that she needed) and the misadventures and foibles of two of her beloved family members can't have been good for her peace of mind.

The Queen is heading towards her 96th birthday in April and if, by some miracle, I'm alive at that age, I most certainly won't be as active and as mentally acute and have the stamina to just keep on keeping on as she does. Her age is finally really starting to show though but she's the kind of woman that doesn't let her slow her down (unless she really wants to). ?

What a lovely celebration on the Eve of the Platinum Jubilee!

On a deeply personal day for her, The Queen remains selfless and engaged. It says all there is to say about her really.

You are right, she does look quite frail these days. Whether it is events (the death of Philip or matters relating to Andrew or Harry) or just age that is causing her to look as frail as she does is difficult to tell.

On a deeply personal day for her, The Queen remains selfless and engaged. It says all there is to say about her really.

Perhaps this is why she's become, perhaps, one of the most iconic monarchs Britain has ever known. Not only for the longevity of her reign amid a rapidly changing world around her but also because she is a woman that respects and honors and remembers personally those that have gone before her that have gotten her where she is now and also has the insight and the courage and stamina to look to the future to where the monarchy should go after her.

She's taken care of the British monarchy and its people and has nurtured it and watched it grow and change with the times and has *always* kept its best interest in a special place in her heart. She really has been in life long service for her entire life (whether it be short or long... blessedly it's been the long) without fail. Iconic. This is a woman whose words mean something.

Holy Moly! Did anyone else read the Queen’s statement regarding her 70th anniversary?

She says all the expected things and then drops a bombshell —. “. Camilla will be known as Queen Consort”

Wow!

I saw the headline "Camilla will be Queen" and it took several years off my life! I thought Her Majesty had died.

Holy Moly! Did anyone else read the Queen’s statement regarding her 70th anniversary?

She says all the expected things and then drops a bombshell —. “. Camilla will be known as Queen Consort”

Wow!

It is her sincerest wish that Camilla will be Queen Consort. None of the press appear to had any idea of this, they were expecting a statement but it would appear they expected it to be more about the Jubilee. From what I heard on the news the statement talks about the importance of the role of the consort. Our Queen always knows how to surprise us and take control of the situation.

Woah!! This is the first I've heard of it (been tied up with the Winter Olympics).

I have to say it's perfect timing for the announcement. As expected, its a time of reflection for the Queen as she spends this time remembering and still grieving her beloved father yet the world is being attuned to the Platinum Jubilee that is upcoming.

With the Queen making the statement now that Camilla *will* be known as Queen Consort, it is putting her royal stamp of approval on this and it is a statement that comes from *the* monarch about a future monarch's wife's title and style and it shows just how much the Queen has come to value and appreciate Camilla's years as a senior working royal.

It can't get any better than this!

Woah!! This is the first I've heard of it (been tied up with the Winter Olympics).

I have to say it's perfect timing for the announcement. As expected, its a time of reflection for the Queen as she spends this time remembering and still grieving her beloved father yet the world is being attuned to the Platinum Jubilee that is upcoming.

With the Queen making the statement now that Camilla *will* be known as Queen Consort, it is putting her royal stamp of approval on this and it is a statement that comes from *the* monarch about a future monarch's wife's title and style and it shows just how much the Queen has come to value and appreciate Camilla's years as a senior working royal.

It can't get any better than this!

It has literally just broken tonight. Taken everybody by surprise. News headlines here.

I'm so pleased. Camilla has worked tirelessly since she and Charles got married. She has not put a foot wrong.

Could those of you who are discussing this announcement please post or link to it for those of us who have not seen it?

The potential style of Queen Consort was first leaked (as far as I'm aware) last week, when an anonymous source discussed it with the Telegraph's royal correspondent Hannah Furness.

That article was discussed in Questions about British Styles and Titles .

Royal correspondent Hannah Furness of the Telegraph was told by an unnamed source that the Duchess of Cornwall could be styled as "Queen Consort" when her husband is King. But she gives no inkling as to who the source is. The Prince of Wales's office declined to comment.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/royal-f...et-back-duchess-cornwall-boost-queen-camilla/

At the time of her marriage to the Prince of Wales, the palace said she would be styled as "Princess Consort" when her husband was King, in the same way she chooses to use her Duchess title rather than "Princess of Wales".

In recent years, royal watchers predicted that this idea would be quietly forgotten when the time comes, with aides hoping the public will accept "Queen Camilla".

As the wife of a King, she would be a Queen Consort rather than a Queen Regnant – a monarch who reigns in her own right – with a source emphasising on Friday that the word "consort" would always be used. Clarence House declined to comment.

[...]

Prince Charles is understood to want his second wife to be known as Queen Camilla, and when asked on US television in 2010 whether she would become Queen, he replied: "That's... well, we'll see, won't we? That could be."

In 2018, Clarence House sparked speculation that the "Princess Consort" agreement no longer stands after staff quietly removed a statement about her future name from its website FAQs, claiming the public no longer asks the question.

Seems odd timing. This could have been said years ago but good on Camilla. She was always going to be Queen Camilla, but this is HMQ making it clear she wants the people to support her.

This would be a major break of tradition, if Camilla would not be Queen. A King has a Queen, it´s always been that way. And The Queen is a great traditionalist, so the unfamiliar idea of a "Princess Consort" she´d be greatly opposed against, I guess.

That's a sensational and unexpected statement indeed, putting to rest some 15+ years of naysaying about Camilla's present and future role in the BRF.

The Garter and now this. The message is crystal clear.

That's a sensational and unexpected statement indeed, putting to rest some 15+ years of naysaying about Camilla's present and future role in the BRF.

The Garter and now this. The message is crystal clear.

Indeed, the message is as clear as the purest diamond in the Queen's collection. But on itself: Camilla would have been the lawful Queen anyway.

Here's a photo of the hard copy of the Queen's statement. Best I can find right now.

Thank you very much for posting the actual statement, Osipi.

Another link:
The part about Queen Consort reads:

"And when, in the fullness of time, my son Charles becomes King, I know you will give him and his wife Camilla the same support that you have given me, and it is my sincere wish that, when that time comes, Camilla will be known as Queen Consort as she continues her own loyal service."​

This would be a major break of tradition, if Camilla would not be Queen. A King has a Queen, it´s always been that way. And The Queen is a great traditionalist, so the unfamiliar idea of a "Princess Consort" she´d be greatly opposed against, I guess.

The Queen Consort, with "Consort" explicitly stated, is still a break from the traditional The Queen, but a minor one.

Seems odd timing. This could have been said years ago but good on Camilla. She was always going to be Queen Camilla, but this is HMQ making it clear she wants the people to support her.

From the announcement, it seems the current intention is that she will be known as Queen Consort (as opposed to The Queen or Queen Camilla). Previously, the official "intention" was that she would be known as Princess Consort.

The timing has surprised everybody, but Camilla has worked hard over the years to support the crown. I don't think anybody expected the queen to ever comment , honouring Camilla with the Order of the Garter was seen as a sign of the Queens wishes but a public statement is another thing.

My interpretation is that Queen Consort is the position and not how she will be known:

HM The King
HM Queen Camilla

or is it really:

HM The King
HM The Queen Consort

Is it maybe because the title of Queen has, after a recordbreaking Reign, become synonymous with the monarch?

Thank you very much for posting the actual statement, Osipi.

Another link:
The part about Queen Consort reads:

"And when, in the fullness of time, my son Charles becomes King, I know you will give him and his wife Camilla the same support that you have given me, and it is my sincere wish that, when that time comes, Camilla will be known as Queen Consort as she continues her own loyal service."​

The Queen Consort, with "Consort" explicitly stated, is still a break from the traditional The Queen, but a minor one.

From the announcement, it seems the current intention is that she will be known as Queen Consort (as opposed to The Queen or Queen Camilla). Previously, the official "intention" was that she would be known as Princess Consort.

Queen Consort is the correct title for the wife of a king. Her Majesty is not in anyway lowering the title for Camilla. The queen mother was queen consort to George v1 but the consort title is never used in normal day to day language but the queen is using the correct title.

Queen Consort is the correct title for the wife of a king. Her Majesty is not in anyway lowering the title for Camilla. The queen mother was queen consort to George v1 but the consort title is never used in normal day to day language but the queen is using the correct title.

Yes, that is my take too.

She will be HM Queen Camilla or HM The Queen like her continental colleagues and her precize position is that of a Consort to The King.

Back
Top Bottom