Queen Elizabeth II Current Events, Part One: April 2021 - September 2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Today, February 16, Queen Elizabeth received the incoming and outgoing Defence Service Secretaries at Windsor Castle:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** rex gallery **

This lady is hysterical. :lol:
I love a monarch with a sense of humor.

I found a video of this engagement and after she was asked how she was she replied "Well, as you see I can't move."

I really hope, for the upcoming Jubilee events, they get a good idea for her to move gracious.

Dare I say a wheelchair? They aren’t bad. ;) Or at least a comfortable chair. She’s 95.

Last edited by a moderator:
Queen Elizabeth held virtual audiences for the Ambassador from Andorra and the Ambassador from Chad today, March 1:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** pa images gallery **

Last edited:
Today, March 3, Queen Elizabeth held virtual audiences with the High Commissioners of Malawi and of Trinidad and Tobago:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** rex gallery **

Sending messages with her fashion and flowers I think! - note the subtle colour scheme

So good to see her! Glad she has recovered and doing well.

How wonderful that Mr Trudeau was able to call upon his Queen while in London today! They always seem delighted to see one another.
And beautiful blue and yellow flowers too, presumably as a gesture to the people of Ukraine.

There can't be too many world leaders she remembers as a small child.

I wouldn't be surprised though if she remembers quite a bit of those world leaders she met as a child. If there's one thing about the Queen, it's that she has a sharp and acute mind. She's been geared to be Queen from a relatively young age and world leaders would have had an impact on her.

Still.... even 70 years as Queen and meeting *all* kinds of world leaders has got to be one of the most impressive lists a monarch could have. ?

I meant meeting the leaders when they were children, Osipi.

As the former PM’s kid, pretty sure Justin T. is unique there.

I meant meeting the leaders when they were children, Osipi.

As the former PM’s kid, pretty sure Justin T. is unique there.

Ahhh.. gotcha. I do think Justin Trudeau is an unique case here too. How often though do children of world leaders grow up to be world leaders themselves (outside of a hereditary monarchy)?

Am I the only one to have noticed how much weight she has lost ? It worries me.

As we grow older, it's not uncommon for any kind of an illness to really decimate a person's body. I'm proof of that. Looking in the mirror, I've aged what seems to me to be 10 years in a relatively short amount of time and also have dropped a lot of weight (I resemble a wrinkled Baby Yoda in an oversized hoodie these days).

Time is catching up to HM and along with all the stress from losing Philip, the shenanigans of family members and on top of that, contracting Covid didn't do her any favors. Her attitude hasn't changed though it seems and she's going to keep on keeping calm and carrying on to the best of her ability. That's pretty impressive when one is approaching 96 years old next month. ?

Queen Elizabeth received the High Commissioner for the Republic of India and the Ambassador from the Republic of Armenia via video link today, March 8:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

She has certainly lost muscle mass, which is a normal part of the frailty of ageing.
She also seems to have increasing curvature of the spine, which could be associated with osteoporosis and may be part of her mobility issues and the need for the support of a walking stick - as she said herself, 'I can't move too much'

I guess we should just be thankful that we can still see her looking so healthy and engaged, maintaining her interest in her surroundings and her zest for life!

Not at all, but there is a thread dealing with her health issues. I think it’s been brought up there.

She has certainly lost muscle mass, which is a normal part of the frailty of ageing.
She also seems to have increasing curvature of the spine, which could be associated with osteoporosis and may be part of her mobility issues and the need for the support of a walking stick - as she said herself, 'I can't move too much'

I guess we should just be thankful that we can still see her looking so healthy and engaged, maintaining her interest in her surroundings and her zest for life!

I guess it’s a sign of something that I took her “I can’t move” remark as more of her acidic humor, and that she obviously can, she just needs her stick. If she was truly in difficulty I feel HM would say something else.

She is razor-sharp and probably a walking advertisement for never retiring, just continuing to keep your mind activated.

Queen Elizabeth virtually received the Ambassador from the Republic of Burundi and the Ambassador from the Czech Republic today, March 10:

** rex gallery **

How wonderful that Mr Trudeau was able to call upon his Queen while in London today! They always seem delighted to see one another.
And beautiful blue and yellow flowers too, presumably as a gesture to the people of Ukraine.

Her Majesty probably has known Mr Trudeau since he was a child as they may have met when his father was the Prime Minister of Canada. I believe he mentioned it once in the Commonwealth Heads of Government Meeting. So he is an "old acquaitance" so to speak.

Ahhh.. gotcha. I do think Justin Trudeau is an unique case here too. How often though do children of world leaders grow up to be world leaders themselves (outside of a hereditary monarchy)?

The US had a recent example: George W Bush. I guess you could also mention John Quincy Adams.

Last edited:
Glad to see her up and about. She looks really nice and well rested!!!

Slightly off topic, but….

Her Majesty probably has known Mr Trudeau since he was a child as they may have met when his father was the Prime Minister of Canada. I believe he mentioned it once in the Commonwealth Heads of Government Meeting. So he is an "old acquaitance" so to speak.

The US had a recent example: George W Bush. I guess you could also mention John Quincy Adams.

When Justin was a baby, his parents were honored at a State Dinner at the White House. Then-President Nixon proposed a toast to the “future Prime Minister of Canada, Justin Pierre Trudeau, who is sleeping upstairs in his crib.” Prophetic!

Today, March 17, Queen Elizabeth has virtually received the Ambassadors of Algeria and Kosovo:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

The Ambassadors of Egypt and Morocco were virtually received by Queen Elizabeth today, March 24:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

Yesterday, March 23, Queen Elizabeth viewed a display of artefacts from British craftwork company, Halcyon Days, to commemorate the company's 70th anniversary in the White Drawing Room at Windsor Castle - so nice to see her! ?

** pa images gallery **

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom