90th Birthday Celebrations of Queen Elizabeth: May and June 2016

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It is very well possible Princess Beatrice just made a photo and was seeing it. When I make pictures with the mobile, I always see the result: to delete or not to delete? Nothing wrong with it, just an unlucky moment. It is not the Address from the Throne, it is just a show.

Thank you so much! I tried to find it last night to no avail. I am in the midst of watching now... What a treat

It is very well possible Princess Beatrice just made a photo and was seeing it. When I make pictures with the mobile, I always see the result: to delete or not to delete? Nothing wrong with it, just an unlucky moment. It is not the Address from the Throne, it is just a show.

I had also noticed Beatrice spending a fair amount of time staring at her phone. Quite inappropriate, IMO

Yes, Zara was riding Toytown. Nice to see her on him after retiring him, even if only for a parade :flowers:

I loved Louise was riding her grandmother's pony:flowers:

Louise probably felt so grownup, getting the jubilee medal and getting to take part in the event with her dad. And I bet she was pretty excited she got to ride Grannie's pony for the event, a big deal for her likely.

Grannie was probably just as proud to see her on Emma.:)

Thanks. I wasn't sure I had spotted Zara, but it would have been odd not to see her riding...:flowers:

Nice to see the Linley and Chatto families there.

Just finished watching the YouTube video of the show. Wow what a great show. Loved the riders from Azerbaijan, the bands and the parade of animals at the end. The Queen and Philip looked super excited when the cows came out. The regimental goat got a lot of mentions ?

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

I also loved the reaction from the the Royal Box when Lady Louise was introduced.:)

I am watching it now what a show! Thanks for posting. What a wonderful birthday present for the queen and all of us, from Charles right? They said he was patron
Thanks for info on land gravine of Hesse, she is part of the Fabre castell family

Last edited:
I also loved the reaction from the the Royal Box when Lady Louise was introduced.:)

Me too! I loved seeing her godmother Lady Sarah clapping proudly in the background. Also liked that you could just glimpse Philip doing a "it's Louise!!" hand gesture.

Me too! I loved seeing her godmother Lady Sarah clapping proudly in the background. Also liked that you could just glimpse Philip doing a "it's Louise!!" hand gesture.

Beatrice was also clapping for her cousin.

As far as the phone situation, she might have been taking pictures or videos her granny requested.

My favorite part of the video had to be with Princess Anne.

The bow with head, the great smile and the wave.

Louise riding came in as the second best part.

The opening with baby Elizabeth came in third.

OH Thank You!!

This video is not going to be on YouTube for long, so watch it now - The whole birthday show:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rjf6kCdB52c

I got to see it and I didn't think I would!!!

I had to watch the whole thing right away as I am afraid the ITV might pull it like BBC did the Family tribute. (I got to see that one too! Thanks to that poster!!)

:p:flowers::flowers:
Thanks again!!!

Ana

from Court Circular:

15 May 2016
Buckingham Palace

The Queen, accompanied by The Duke of Edinburgh, this evening took the salute at the Royal Windsor Horse Show in the Home Park, Windsor, to celebrate Her Majesty's Ninetieth Birthday and was received by The Prince of Wales, Patron, The Queen's 90th Birthday Celebration, and The Duchess of Cornwall. The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge, Prince Henry of Wales, The Duke of York, The Countess of Wessex, The Duke of Kent, Prince and Princess Michael of Kent, Princess Alexandra, the Hon. Lady Ogilvy and other Members of the Royal Family were present. Members of Foreign Royal Families also attended.

Princess Charlotte May Make a Public Appearance at the Queen?s Birthday Parade | Vanity Fair
A source said: “The plan is for Charlotte to join Prince George and the Duke and Duchess on the balcony for [the event] ‘Trooping the Colour.’ Of course, it all depends on how she is on the day, but William and Kate agree it would be a lovely thing to do; and William has said that the public will be seeing a bit more of the children as the Queen celebrates her birthday.”
I usually don't trust these sources, but it can be true.

I have my doubts. George was almost 2 when he made his first appearance in 2015. Charlotte is barely a year old. Nice to see her but not holding my breath on that.

I would be highly sceptical as she would only be a year old and George was nearly two when he appeared - next year maybe but not this (of course being the 90th maybe - and as hope to be in the Mall that day I think it would be wonderful to see both of them ...)

Charlotte is going to be at BP with George and Nanny Maria. Whether she is taken out on to the balcony is a different thing and probably depends on her mood and if she would be scared of the noise from the fly past.

If she goes out to the balcony, I would like to see her with her Grandpa and Wills can wrangle George.

If she comes out she will be with her mother I'm pretty sure

Very surprising that this video hasn't been removed from YouTube yet.

I hope Charlotte doesn't come out onto the balcony as it will steal the limelight from the Queen. The press will be all over Charlotte and Kate (who will be holding her) and the Queen will be sidelined completely. When George appeared last year the media loved it and forgot it the appearance was for the Queen's birthday basically. Charlotte has plenty of years ahead of her on the balcony and I think they will wait until next year as they did for George.

Well as it's the day after Philip's 95th, you could argue HM is stealing Philip's limelight. Turnabout is fair play.

Seriously though, I don't think the older royals worry about being upstaged by the wee ones. They like watching the little kids react to the flyover. And it's an opportunity to get historical pictures of the entire family on the balcony. I doubt it was a coincidence last year that HM, Charles, William, and George were grouped off on the balcony, with Philip, Camilla, Catherine, and Harry staying off to the side and/or back. The BRF wanted the 4 generation photo.

If Charlotte does make an appearance I bet William holds her. I think there would be some worry over her pulling her mom's hat. Catherine could assist George.

It's not even her actual birthday. You can argue that the household division is stealing the spotlight with their marching and fancy uniforms. I would like to see Charles actually hold a grandkid in real time instead a seeing a picture of him holding one in the background of a video. If Charles has Charlotte and William George who's probably be extra wiggle, then Kate can be in between talking to both kids.

I disagree. Bringing a 13-month-old on a loud balcony is a gamble. To maximize her comfort she would be carried by one of her parents as she's the most familiar with them. She didn't look all that happy sitting on her great-grandmother's lap for photo.

I'm sure she knows grandpa Charles, but she really knows mom and dad.

The Queen has never been worried about anyone stealing her "limelight." Trooping the Colour has always been a family event!; kids and all.

And isn't it what the whole thing is all about? Continuing the dynasty.

So I think it is a natural thing to have grandchildren there as well, even if they have a tendency to steal the show.
While there are exceptions, few mind being overshadowed by their grandchildren or great-grandchildren and QEII don't strike me as one who mind.

Back
Top Bottom