Duke and Duchess of Edinburgh and Family News and Events 11: 03 March 2023 -

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Marengo

Administrator
Site Team
City
São Paulo
Country
Brazil
EdwardWessex_zpscabab33a.png
Sophie_zps07dee459.png

Arms of TRH The Duke and Duchess of Edinburgh

Welcome to The Duke and Duchess of Edinburgh and Family's
Current Events, Part 11

Commencing March 03, 2023

The previous thread can be found here

Please take a look at the
TRF Community Rules & FAQs

· Only pictures that you have written permission to share can be posted here. You can post links to any pictures.
· It's a copyright violation to post translations of entire articles, so no more than 20% of an article
text should be posted, along with the link to the original article.
· We expect our members to treat each other, and the royals and persons in these threads, with respect.
· The Report Post button is for reporting inappropriate content in a post if no moderators or administrators are online.
· Threads should remain on topic. Posts which are irrelevant or disruptive
will be deleted or moved by one of the moderators.

The new titles for the Duke and Duchess of Edinburgh can be discussed in another thread, which you can find here.

Last edited:
Alison H. Thanks for posting the article. They look radiant ! (..)

Last edited by a moderator:
Here are some more nice photos and a video of today's visit:

Today Edward is beaming and the wattage from his smile could provide Edinburgh with enough energy for a week. ? (..)

Last edited by a moderator:
How fitting and the fact that Edward referred to Sophie as his wife and duchess suggests that this was a very meaningful step for them.

He looked as if he couldn't quite believe it as he said, "My wife, the Duchess". Awwww.... I'm so happy for the new Duke and Duchess of Edinburgh!

Posts about the new titles have been moved to the thread about the titles of the Edinburgh family. You can find that thread here.

I'm very happy for them and extremely appropriate that they immediately visit Edinburgh.

How fitting and the fact that Edward referred to Sophie as his wife and duchess suggests that this was a very meaningful step for them.

He was so proud to call her Duchess. A lovely couple.

I wonder if they managed a birthday visit with The Lovely Lady Louise whilst in Scotland?
There, I’ve upgraded her title too!

Today, March 13, the Duke of Edinburgh received participants of the Duke of Edinburgh's Award programmes at the Palace of Holyroodhouse:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

I've never seen him so happy. And glad he is now showing to everyone how to be a proper working royal, he enjoys meeting with people and represent the UK monarchy.

He looks so incredibly happy!!! I’m thrilled for him and Sophie - much deserved to two wonderful and devoted family members:flowers:

It seems as though he hasn't stopped smiling for three days. Good for him, it's nice to see someone nearly 60 so genuinely thrilled about a birthday present. ;)

I'm really happy for them and the BRF is not a meritocracy of any kind but they do deserve this bump up in recognition and immediately pairing it with a trip to Edinburgh was important and smart planning.

It seems as though he hasn't stopped smiling for three days. Good for him, it's nice to see someone nearly 60 so genuinely thrilled about a birthday present. ;)

I'm really happy for them and the BRF is not a meritocracy of any kind but they do deserve this bump up in recognition and immediately pairing it with a trip to Edinburgh was important and smart planning.

I totally agree.

This has obviously made Edward (and Sophie) very happy. It’s so nice to see.

It’s not a meritocracy- but they do deserve it. It’s just nice to see hard working people properly rewarded.

The Duke of Edinburgh was announced as new Patron of The Duke of Edinburgh's Award and International Award today, March 14.

"To mark the announcement", he visits the East Midlands today, "where he will meet young people in Derby and Nottingham who are making a difference to their communities, workplace and futures through their Duke of Edinburgh’s Award":

** dofe: HRH The Duke of Edinburgh announced as new Patron of The Duke of Edinburgh’s Award and International Award **

Addition: The Duke of Edinburgh visiting Stonebridge City Farm, Nottingham today:

** rex gallery **

Last edited:
The Duke of Edinburgh was announced as new Patron of The Duke of Edinburgh's Award and International Award today, March 14.

"To mark the announcement", he visits the East Midlands today, "where he will meet young people in Derby and Nottingham who are making a difference to their communities, workplace and futures through their Duke of Edinburgh’s Award":

** dofe: HRH The Duke of Edinburgh announced as new Patron of The Duke of Edinburgh’s Award and International Award **

Very well deserved as Prince Edward has had a long association with for decades.

I wonder if they managed a birthday visit with The Lovely Lady Louise whilst in Scotland?
There, I’ve upgraded her title too!

That was my first thought, too. Louise is the only one of that family of four who gets no new title because the courtesy title for the daughters of earls are the same as for daughters of dukes. Again missed out on the Royal front...

It is so nice to see someone so happy with a title and appreciative.

That was my first thought, too. Louise is the only one of that family of four who gets no new title because the courtesy title for the daughters of earls are the same as for daughters of dukes. Again missed out on the Royal front...

Its not a big deal. Its clear Louise is happy with being Lady L

Its not a big deal. Its clear Louise is happy with being Lady L

The courtesy title may be the same, but Louise has moved up two "rungs" on the precedence scale. Daughter of an Earl > (daughter of a Marquess) > daughter of a Duke.

The courtesy title may be the same, but Louise has moved up two "rungs" on the precedence scale. Daughter of an Earl > (daughter of a Marquess) > daughter of a Duke.

I think Louise already had precedence over all of them by being a daughter of a Prince/granddaughter of the Sovereign.

The Duke of Edinburgh as President of the Sport and Recreation Alliance attended the Community Sport and Recreation Awards at Twickenham Stadium and visited Heatham House Youth Centre in Twickenham today, March 17:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** Pic 5 **

Back
Top Bottom