Sarah, Duchess of York Charities and Patronages

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Elspeth

Former Moderator
City
Country
United States
African Caribbean Leukaemia Trust
Patron (from 1996)

Carr-Gomm
Patron (from 1986)

Chances for Children
Founder (from 1994)

Chemical Dependency Centre (no longer in existence, having merged with Action on Addiction in 2007)
Patron (to 2007)

Children in Crisis
Founder and Life President (from 1993)

The Daisychain Foundation
Patron (from 2005)

Motor Neurone Disease Association
Patron (to August 2008)

Ronald McDonald House Charities
Global ambassador for World Children's Day

The Sarah Ferguson Foundation
Founder (from 2006)

Sarah Selects
Founder (from 2008)

SOS Children's Villages
Official spokesperson (from 2004)

Springboard for Children
Patron

Teenage Cancer Trust
Patron (from 1999)

Tommy’s Baby Charity
Patron

Last edited:
Sarah Ferguson, ambassador of the childhood in Poland

The Duchess of York has presented/displayed a medicalizada ambulance of the Foundation of Ronald McDonald in Warsaw, that will be used for the precocious diagnosis of cancer in the Polish children.

From www.hola.com

Attachments

• ferguson.jpg
    ferguson.jpg
    14.2 KB · Views: 945
fanletizia said:
Sarah Ferguson, ambassador of the childhood in Poland

The Duchess of York has presented/displayed a medicalizada ambulance of the Foundation of Ronald McDonald in Warsaw, that will be used for the precocious diagnosis of cancer in the Polish children.

From www.hola.com

Polfoto 09-11-2005 The Duchess of York, Sarah Ferguson, left, and Ken Barun, right, head of the Ronald McDonald House Charities, smile during the handing over ceremony for a mobile care unit in Warsaw, Poland, Wednesday Nov. 9, 2005. The unit is to help early cancer diagnosis among children in Poland. The Duchess is an honorary ambassador of the McDonald's World Children Day.

Attachments

• AP458762_guest.jpg
    AP458762_guest.jpg
    32.4 KB · Views: 343
  • AP458805_guest.jpg
    AP458805_guest.jpg
    22.8 KB · Views: 488
  • AP458768_guest.jpg
    AP458768_guest.jpg
    39.4 KB · Views: 340
Last edited:
Pic from Hello magazine of Ferguson in Warsaw

Attachments

• fergiepic.jpg
    fergiepic.jpg
    19.1 KB · Views: 980
15.Nov.2005

New pics of adorable Sarah :)
From Viennareport : 2005 World Children´s Day at the Los Angeles Ronald McDonald House

Attachments

• 15nov1.jpg
    15nov1.jpg
    23.9 KB · Views: 967
  • 15nov2.jpg
    15nov2.jpg
    22.1 KB · Views: 635
  • 15nov3.jpg
    15nov3.jpg
    24 KB · Views: 476
  • 15nov4.jpg
    15nov4.jpg
    18 KB · Views: 461
  • 15nov5.jpg
    15nov5.jpg
    23.7 KB · Views: 1,986
Sarah Ferguson, shared in common with the causes of the childhood
(from hola)

Sarah Ferguson made a donation to the charitable house Ronald McDonald, in a McDonald restaurant in Chicago. The Duchess of York is in Chicago to receive a check of 50 million dollars of McDonald that will go destined to "the children of the world" when anniversary of the foundation is marked 50º.

Attachments

• duquesa.jpg
    duquesa.jpg
    14.1 KB · Views: 960
Since she is the spokesperson for Weight Watchers, I wonder if she bought anything from McDonald's? And how many points she used up?:)

Incas said:
Since she is the spokesperson for Weight Watchers, I wonder if she bought anything from McDonald's? And how many points she used up?:)
Maybe a salad, that surely is allowed in the philosophy of Weight Watchers ;)
Here are some pics of the Morning Show - to me she looks great again:

nf61li.jpg
nf61q8.jpg

nf63gk.jpg

(GETTYIMAGES)

Incas said:
Incas, here is the answer to your question, she did, you can see it on the last pic :D :D
From Profimedia:
"Sarah Ferguson, the Duchess of York, speaks at a press conference where she accepted a $50 million check from McDonald's to Ronald McDonald House Charities. Místo: Chicago, Illinois, USA" (1.2.2006):

nzhclx.jpg
nzheg9.jpg
nzhekp.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
iceflower said:
Incas, here is the answer to your question, she did, you can see it on the last pic :D :D
:) Had to laugh a lot about your investigation, Iceflower! Great!

iceflower said:
From Profimedia:
"Sarah Ferguson, the Duchess of York, speaks at a press conference where she accepted a $50 million check from McDonald's to Ronald McDonald House Charities. Místo: Chicago, Illinois, USA" (1.2.2006):

thanks much...you made my date!:) :)

Article from HELLO
Sarah Ferguson brought a little extra cheer into the lives of some brave youngsters when she paid a visit to London's University College Hospital on Wednesday. The Duchess of York spent the afternoon chatting with patients in the Teenage Cancer Trust unit, who are courageously battling the deadly illness................
http://www.hellomagazine.com/royalty/2006/04/27/sarahferguson/

Photos from HELLO

Attachments

• fergie-dop1a.jpg
    fergie-dop1a.jpg
    24 KB · Views: 959
  • fergie-dop2a.jpg
    fergie-dop2a.jpg
    29.2 KB · Views: 903
Some very nice pics from last week - Sarah visited the Daisychan Foundation in Dublin, 13/10/2006
Caption: "SARAH FERGUSON - LA DUCHESSA DI YORK , A CAPO DELLA FONDAZIONE DAISYCHAIN A DUBLINO"

(Mark Doyle/Matrix/Olycom)

There are some beautiful photos of the duchess on her jewellery website. Does anyone have these images?

Why is she only giving a portion of it to charity for kids?

hibou said:
Why is she only giving a portion of it to charity for kids?

It's marketing 101:) : by saying that she'll give a portion of her profits to charity she attracts more buyers and makes more money for herself. And Sarah needs money and loves money:wub: and all the bling bling that can come with it.

Also note that we don't even know what that portion of her profit is :ermm: - it could be 0.001 percent of her profit and technically she would be right.

Pics from yesterday!

"Ambassador for World Children's Day Sarah Ferguson, Duchess of York (L) gives a teddy bear and a book writen by Ferguson to a Japanese family Ritsuko Sahashi (R), Hinato (2R) and Wataru (3R) at the Donald McDonald House in Tokyo 07 November 2006 after she visited a children's hospital for a charity campaign for World Children's Day. The family's other child is now hospitalized."

http://www.profimedia.cz/search_edi...6&horizontalni=1&vertikalni=1&odeslano=1&ed=1
(Profimedia)

Last edited:
I think she needs money like everyone else to live.

seto said:
I think she needs money like everyone else to live.

Exactly! The Duchess has worked incredibly hard to pay off debts after her divorce and is now worth millions.

As an independent woman and mother, it is wonderful to see the Duchess become such a successful business woman. She deserves every penny she earns!

Sarah is in Boston today visiting various children's centers in support of her children's charity. I was hoping there would be more newscoverage this morning, but that's all that was said. Maybe on tonight's news. And she is still referred to as the Duchess of York and "a member of Britain's royal family." At least that was how one of the news people said of her in the little blurb.

Last edited:
Thanks for the links, Avalon. These are really nice pictures of Sarah. She looks relaxed and sincere with the children. Poor things.

I watch all these pics and I wonder how people in the U.S. treat and what they think about Sarah?

magnik said:
I watch all these pics and I wonder how people in the U.S. treat and what they think about Sarah?

Sarah is something of an American-type success story. Brought down by an establishment that values pedigree and inherited priviledge, she pulled herself up and build a career and earned her own way in the world. She often credits the people of the United States with "saving" her after her divorce and I know she feel very much at home here.

I think Americans like Sarah. She got rave reviews in Des Moines when she spoke to a group (and she comes here quite often, twice that I can think of at the top of my head). But she's not a celebrity that people talk about all the time... not like Britney Spears or J.Lo or Oprah or TomKat.

Back
Top Bottom