The Princess of Asturias and The Infanta Sofía's News Thread, Part 2

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a feeling Leonor is or will be ‘Silk hiding steel’

She looks like a dainty demure soft spoken young lady and she is but she also knows who is, what she wants, how she she can accomplish her goal and won’t be deterred. Such people are underestimated at your own risk;)

We know little things because her mother says things here and there, especially when she meets journalists, because at official events with all the photographers there, they usually don't respond to questions. The queen said of Leonor that the character of Leonor is like that of her father, kind, educated (they say that Felipe is extremely educated in her manners) and kind but with character, complexion and maturity. And that Sofia is more like her; we will see what happens over time. Right now they are just two little girls who have to strengthen her personality.
: flores:

Queen Letizia and Princess Leonor are vaccinated against the coronavirus

https://www.20minutos.es/noticia/4767099/0/reina-letizia-princesa-leonor-vacuna-covid/

I have always thought that Letizia would be vaccinated with her daughter to be Leonor's support:flowers:

Last edited by a moderator:
I wonder if both the king and queen will accompany Leonor to Wales?

I wonder if Leonor has already met Alexia. They seem to have very different personalities, so, under normal circumstances, I wouldn't expect them to become friends, but, who knows, maybe in this case they will.

I wonder if Leonor has already met Alexia. They seem to have very different personalities, so, under normal circumstances, I wouldn't expect them to become friends, but, who knows, maybe in this case they will.

I am sure the girls will have met over the years.

According to king Willem-Alexander the girls know each other. I don't think they are 'friends' - as they didn't know from each other that they would go to UWC but they are certainly no strangers to each other.

No I wouldn't think that they have met each other , in the past the SRF invited other royals as guests to holiday with them at the Marivent and was a wonderful way for the younger royals to meet.

No I wouldn't think that they have met each other , in the past the SRF invited other royals as guests to holiday with them at the Marivent and was a wonderful way for the younger royals to meet.

King Willem-Alexander has confirmed that they know each other.
I don't know if they're friends, probably not. But they know each other.

I'd rather take Alexia's father's word for it that they met several times.

I'd rather take Alexia's father's word for it that they met several times.

Leonor and Sofia and the daughters of King Willem-Alexander must have met on some vacation. Let's not forget that royal family vacations are private and it must have been on such an occasion that they met.

Did he say where they met or when?
Is there a link to the article?

No, he didn't. But he said that they met (but don't know each other that well) during the last photo call (after which there is normally time for some questions). It is referenced in, for example, this Libelle-article or this one by RTL.

We know that in the past Willem-Alexander and Máxima stayed with Cristina and Iñaki during a long weekend in May, had Haakon and Mette-Marit over to visit in the Netherlands and took a boat trip, so it's not far-fetched to think they also visited their Spanish counterparts for a few days or had them over in either the Netherlands or their holiday home in Greece (or prior to that in Italy in princess Beatrix's holiday home) at some point.

Last edited:
I believe WA said here that they know each other, but not very well.

The girls indeed seems to have very different personalities and I'm sure they will be in two very different friend groups. Atlantic College only has around 350 students in both years, it will be easy for them to know each other (and also the rest of the students) better than they already did. I think they will be just 'friendly' to each other and not necessarily become good/close friends, unless they take the same subject in the same period, are in the same extracurricular activities, or involved in a project together (since they most certainly will not be in the same boarding house).

There was a picture years ago of Felipe, Letizia and the girls boarding a plane to visit WA and Maxima. So they met during that visit (I don't know if it was the first time, but they did meet).

Can't wait to see some photo. I doubt about a photosession, but they could release a picture similar to the one Elisabeth took 2 years ago.

No, he didn't. But he said that they met (but don't know each other that well) during the last photo call (after which there is normally time for some questions). It is referenced in, for example, this Libelle-article or this one by RTL.

We know that in the past Willem-Alexander and Máxima stayed with Cristina and Iñaki during a long weekend in May, had Haakon and Mette-Marit over to visit in the Netherlands and took a boat trip, so it's not far-fetched to think they also visited their Spanish counterparts for a few days or had them over in either the Netherlands or their holiday home in Greece (or prior to that in Italy in princess Beatrix's holiday home) at some point.

Apologies I misread and thought it was a recent meeting.
My mistake.

It sure is weird when the first one leaves the nest.

Leonor will of course return to a twig nearby, but not the nest itself. Not for real. Not now that she is learning to fly on her own.

Ohhh I'm having bittersweet feelings! I'm teary to see Leonor start her next chapter in life. I still remember when Letizia got out of the hospital with Leonor in her arms on TV. I was 15 years old then and I was extremely touched. How time flies! I wish her all the best!

The photos are nice and touchy, 15 years old and leaving the nest , I am sure it is sad for both parents. Just I wonder where are the bodyguards? I am sure she is not traveling alone without security.

Best wishes for a happy and successful school year. ?

I'm sure there is security but just not visible in the family photos.

Awww...the photo of the King hugging Sofia is touching. I'm sure she's going to miss her sister immensely.

I recall an interview with Prince Joseph Wenzel of Liechtenstein who commented that 16 he was a late newcomer to gis boarding school as some of his classmates started when they were 8!!!

Leonor is going to thrive and do well. Go Leo!!!

Looks like UWC doesn't allow parents to drop of their children (due to Covid?) as we are seeing airport pictures from Leonor and a goodbye picture taken at the palace for Alexia.

The photos are nice and touchy, 15 years old and leaving the nest , I am sure it is sad for both parents. Just I wonder where are the bodyguards? I am sure she is not traveling alone without security.

The article mentioned that because she isn't 16 yet, she has to be accompanied officially to travel by plane. In her case, that won't be a problem as she'll have security - but probably she'll still have a flight attendant formally indicated to take care of her and drop her off to whomever is picking the students up from the airport in the UK.

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks like UWC doesn't allow parents to drop of their children (due to Covid?) as we are seeing airport pictures from Leonor and a goodbye picture taken at the palace for Alexia.

Maybe Leonor and Alexia will meet at the same class?

The article mentioned that because she isn't 16 yet, she has to be accompanied officially to travel by plane. In her case, that won't be a problem as she'll have security - but probably she'll still have a flight attendant formally indicated to take care of her and drop her off to whomever is picking the students up from the airport in the UK.

Leonor like all members of the royal family is always accompanied by security. I don't know if anyone else accompanied Princess Leonor on the trip.

Security is never a focus of posed family photos. Though these photos look candid, I'm sure they were somewhat staged (as they would have to be, to get usable photos, and also not annoy other people at the airport).

I trust that Leanor will have excellent security arrangements, and in order to protect those arrangements, we won't hear anything about them.

Congratulations to Leanor!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom