The Princess of Asturias and The Infanta Sofía's News Thread, Part 2

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I truly think that a visit abroad is a bit much for a 15/ 16 year-old heir. I don't see why that's strictly necessary to heir preparation, surely there is still plenty of time when over the age of 18?

And if this really has to be done, perhaps a destination within Europe and not a whole different continent?

Leonor is already doing many more appearances than other European heirs her age, but I don't think further increasing them is possible when she is at boarding school abroad. Just my personal opinion, but I also hope that the girl is able to have some fun there, as any teenage girl should! ? She's clearly very dedicated to her role and hard working, but should also have some carefree time without so much pressure while she is young ;)

I don't think it will happen that soon, not about her age, but about the pandemic. Even the working/adult royal had reduced their oversea trip, I don't think it would be a smart move to arrange an international debut for Leonor now.

:previous:
:lol:
The networks have gone crazy and, after an innocent comment from King Felipe, everyone is clear that Leonor and Sofía are ARMYS, fans of the Korean group BTS.
https://www.vanitatis.elconfidencia...sofia-twitter-fans-banda-coreana-bts_3135400/

Didn't same thing happen after K Harald asking for a BTS concert on Norway in his speech of the South Korea state visit? People are guessing maybe IA/other granddaughters are also fans ?

I think Leonor should have time to enjoy her adolescence and enjoy life at boarding school.
But I don't see why she can't just make an official trip if she justifies it, that's clear if she doesn't get in the way of her studies.
Casa Real is very careful in the formation of Leonor, that's why her schedule is done very carefully.

Countdown to Leonor's international debut

The inauguration of a Spanish-American president could be the scenario chosen by Zarzuela, but the electoral calendar does not leave many feasible possibilities throughout 2022.

Sources consulted indicate 2022 - or perhaps the last quarter of 2021 - as the most likely period for the first departure of the Princess of Asturias to take place on the occasion of an official act outside our borders. Although of course nothing is decided on this point, in Zarzuela the electoral calendar in Latin America is studied to locate an ideal date since everything indicates that the investiture of an Ibero-American president could be the perfect setting for the international debut of Princess Leonor.
https://www.larazon.es/espana/20210620/mo3bb3g4sfhvdd3z5wezctnsbq.html

Considering the slow vaccine rollout in the EU, when is the 15-year-old Princess expected to be fully vaccinated against Covid ? I don't think it is sensible for her to travel to Latin America before that, not least because Latin America is now the world's top Covid hotspot, mainly due to the gamma (Brazil) variant, which is very rare in Europe.

EDIT: Just to illustrate my point, according to the JHU vaccine tracker, only 29.6 % of the population of Spain has been fully vaccinated with two doses vs. 45.3 % in the US and 46.5 % in the UK for example.

Last edited:
Didn't same thing happen after K Harald asking for a BTS concert on Norway in his speech of the South Korea state visit? People are guessing maybe IA/other granddaughters are also fans ?
Perhaps, they are ARMYs!:D I love Blackpink, so maybe I'm a Blink? :whistling: South Korea culture is taking the world by storm (though I'm a fan of Korea and Japan since my teens, which means 15 years ago, and I'm proud that I knew most of the culture before anyone else did).

As for their interests. Sofia is a Star Wars fan, since she carries Yoda and R2-D2 key rings in her bag. This made me love her even more:wub:

Prince Felipe made his first international solo act at the age of 16, and if his father considers it and the circumstances arise, Leonor, once vaccinated or the pandemic controlled, will do it in the same way.
I don't think that before she finishes her academic and military training she can replace Felipe in the inaugurations of the Spanish-American presidents, but we'll see.
The pandemic has decided many things for us, so we can only wait and see.
I remember that the prince made the first representation of him in terms of "royalty" at the funerals of the Grand Duchess Charlotte, 15 years old, if I am not mistaken.

The Princess of Asturias, who will study the international baccalaureate at UWC Atlantic College in Wales from August, is already on vacation after a fundamental year for her. It is the last that she has shared with her companions from Santa María de los Rosales, with whom she has lived a very atypical year marked by coronavirus restrictions and with whom she has also enjoyed just a few weeks ago the confirmation ceremony.
https://www.hola.com/realeza/casa_espanola/20210626191722/princesa-leonor-vacaciones-cambio/

The school in Wales like a fortress with royal children going to it.

I saw the calendar of UWC Atlantic College and the 1st-years will start school in August 30th. They will have the October break from 22-31. The December break will be from 10th December-5th January. The Spring break will be from 14-24. And the first year ends June 17th.

How many years will Leonor be attending boarding school?

How many years will Leonor be attending boarding school?
Leonor and Alexia will start the boarding school August 30th, 2021 and they will graduate in May 2023 (most probably on the 20th).

Last edited:
Next week the act of planting trees is resumed, which will be carried out by Princess Leonor and Infanta Sofia alone without their parents (july14)
They will also participate in an audience on Tuesday to "Audencia al patronato de la Fundación Spanish Committee of United World Schools, sponsors of scholarships and scholarship students"
(UWC)
(July 13)
The boarding school where Leonor will go to study belongs to this group, but also King Felipe and Queen Letizia are "High Patrons" of the institution and the Infante Don Carlos was honorary president

https://www.casareal.es/ES/Actividades/Paginas/actividades_actividades_detalle.aspx?data=14950

Prince Konstantin of Bulgaria comments on Princess Eleanor and Infanta Sofia (Konstantin is godfather of Sofia's Christening)

Konstantin from Bulgaria, accompanied by his wife María, has spoken to us clearly about how he sees the Infantas Leonor and Sofía: “Well, that they do official acts is a sign that we are celebrating every year and I the first. They are fantastic, it is a great pride ”of the future abroad of the princess, she comments:“ What luck, it will be very good for her training. Sometimes yes, I am lucky enough to talk to them, they are great, they are adorable, you see a next generation ”.

https://www.europapress.es/chance/g...n-carlos-inaki-urdangarin-20210707221658.html

At the "Mariano de Cavia", "Luca de Tena" and "Mingote" awards (June 23)
About the Princess and the Infanta:

"Pilar Vidal remembered for Vanitatis how her talk with Doña Letizia was." She was charming and very expressive with regard to the girls' academic life. She told us that it was Leonor who had chosen the boarding school and that the girl was eager to start the new course. The queen wanted to clarify that the entrance exams are not easy, that you had to prepare well and that was what the princess had done. It was interesting to see with what emotion she spoke of her daughters ".

"Vidal asked if the Infanta Sofía would follow in her sister's footsteps." In this sense, Queen Letizia did not give us many clues. She told me that it would be Sofía's choice if she wanted to go to Welsh school. And above all she emphasized that the tests are difficult and therefore, the previous step, as the first-born did, was to pass that first cut ”.
https://www.vanitatis.elconfidencia...ina-letizia-premios-mariano-de-cavia_3152707/

Last edited by a moderator:
Ohhh two events this week! Looking forward to both of them! And I'm glad that both Leonor and Sofia will get to do their engagement.

As confirmed by Vanitatis, the Princess Leonor already knows who will be her classmates and with whom she will study the next two courses

The Kings, Princess Leonor and Infanta Sofía participate this Tuesday in the audience of the Board of Trustees of the Foundation of the World Schools (UWC), which every year Mr. Felipe and Mrs. Letizia receive at the Zarzuela Palace. But this year it will have a novelty: the Spanish students who will begin their school career in central Wales, together with the heir to the Crown, will also be present at the reception that will take place at 6:00 p.m.

However, this will not be the first meeting between the Princess and her future companions since, as confirmed by Vanitatis, the first-born of the Kings already knows who will be her desk colleagues and with whom she will study the next two courses (2021 / 2022 and 2022/2023) in the International Baccalaureate study program of this educational institution.

As confirmed by this outlet exclusively, the first meeting between Leonor and her classmates took place a few weeks ago
https://www.vanitatis.elconfidencia...princesa-alumnos-internado-uwc-salsa_3180483/

It is interesting to know from her classmates that the Princess is also "very shy" and "very polite" in private, not only in public

I'm so glad they will be going together.

I'm glad this act was rescheduled for July 14th.

Last edited:
It seems that Leonor enjoys each and every one of the events she attends, but especially seeing her interact with young people is a pleasure. She always has a smile that reaches her eyes, her gaze, and she gives the feeling of being an adorable being on the outside and inside of her. We are very proud of Leonor and Sofía.
It is wonderful to see them interact with children their age :flowers:?

https://www.zimbio.com/photos/Crown...2/Princess+Leonor+Princess+Sofia+Visit+Hayedo

I remember how scared she looked at her first solo engagement. It was clear even through the mask. She's getting better and better!

Really? I didn't the impression she was scared at all at her first solo appearance. A tiny bit of nerves when she was speaking into the microphone, but I would think that's normal. I find it endearing- she knows how important it is that she does well, and she wants to do a good job.

There have been a few royals that have looked scared during a solo appearance, but I didn't get the impression at all from Leanor at the Cervantes Institute.

The tree planting was nice, I'm glad it could be rescheduled/

Princess Leonor and Infanta Sofía will accompany their parents for the first time to the acts of the Day of Santiago in Galicia
King Felipe and Queen Letizia were already last year in the offering to the Apostle on July 25.
Before starting their family holidays in Palma de Mallorca, which is expected to begin at the end of this month, both will accompany their parents to Santiago de Compostela on July 25, when their big day is celebrated, the feast of Santiago Apóstol, patron saint of Spain. The two will participate for the first time together with King Felipe VI and Queen Letizia in the national offering to the Apostle in 2021, which is the Jacobean Year.
The Princess and the Infanta will arrive at the Plaza del Obradoiro with their parents and the four of them together, in addition to other authorities, will access the Cathedral of Santiago de Compostela to preside over the ceremony that will be broadcast live on Galician television.
https://www.hola.com/realeza/casa_espanola/20210716193188/reyes-hijas-visitaran-santiago-compostela/

I remember how scared she looked at her first solo engagement. It was clear even through the mask. She's getting better and better!

She is lovely, pretty and well behaved

The princess and the infanta are back on the agenda for the 25th, in the "National Offering to the Apostle Santiago". We will be waiting in case we have the opportunity to hear the princess or the infanta speak in Galician. I knew that in some act of the Jacobean year, they would have to be there. I guess after this, they will go to Mallorca

Really? I didn't the impression she was scared at all at her first solo appearance. A tiny bit of nerves when she was speaking into the microphone, but I would think that's normal. I find it endearing- she knows how important it is that she does well, and she wants to do a good job.

There have been a few royals that have looked scared during a solo appearance, but I didn't get the impression at all from Leanor at the Cervantes Institute.

The tree planting was nice, I'm glad it could be rescheduled/

I have never seen Leonor "scared" not even when she was a baby; (she could have been scared in Girona for two years, but not even that) the logical nerves because she is aware of her great responsibility, but her parents say that Leonor wanted to participate since very small on the official agenda, so she is not afraid of anything.
Taking into account that the first part of adolescence makes us all a little "nervous and weird" hahahaha, it is normal that she wants to do everything well and everything is new for her, but she has always fulfilled her task very well. I adore her, sincerely. And to the Infanta Sofía, of course.

Last edited:
I have a feeling Leonor is or will be ‘Silk hiding steel’

She looks like a dainty demure soft spoken young lady and she is but she also knows who is, what she wants, how she she can accomplish her goal and won’t be deterred. Such people are underestimated at your own risk;)

I also think it. She seems to be very smart and is being well prepared for her roles.
I believe, if all goes well, she will be a great queen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom