Queen Rania for the '1 Goal: Education for All' campaign

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

salma

Majesty , Royal Blogger , Picture of the Week
City
---
Country
Portugal
English football player David James (L) and Queen Rania Al Abdullah of Jordan attend the launch of '1 Goal: Education For All' campaign at Wembley stadium, in west London, on August 20, 2009. '1 Goal: Education For All' is a new campaign to make the legacy of the South Africa 2010 FIFA World Cup an education for every child
ANP Beeldbank

Rania is in London now

Queen launches "Education for All" initiative

London, August 20 (Petra)--Her Majesty Queen Rania on Thursday launched "1GOAL: Education for All," a FIFA World Cup 2010 initiative focused on ensuring that all children receive an education. News

FIFA backing education for all

Queen Rania of Jordan, football's world governing body Fifa, and footballers from across the globe have launched a campaign to try to ensure all children receive an education... - Full Article

Personally, I don't think the MDG's will ever be realised by 2015. It's a nice idea but it isn't going to happen in reality, they are nowhere near achieving even a third of what was set out and education is often paid for in many poor countries so if there is a choice between a boy going to school or a girl, the boy gets sent. I don't think poverty will ever be solved in such a way that there will be real gender equality in these things, there are too many factors going against it.

I've deleted a couple of posts about Rania and her grey (white hair) as they are empty posts and add nothing to the discussion.

Normally I would just let these slide (but they came off as catty comments especially as it relates to her recent vacation) but for the moment I am totally perplexed why this should matter?

Rainia is 38 and getting older every day. She is going to get grey hairs. If she dyed them she would be accused of fighting aging, etc. She can't win. And her recent vacation has nothing to do with her hair.

Please don't feel the need to comment further about the color of her hair as these posts will be deleted.

If you have any questions, please contact me (or any of the Jordan mods and/or TRF administrators via PM).

Zonk
Jordanian Forum Moderator

Queen looks nice with this blouse.

Thank you for the video and photos.

It's refreshing to see Rania devoting so much time to the Education For All ideals.So often you see Royals launch a cmpaign only for them to never have involvement with it again. I'm glad Rania demonstrates dedication to such a worthy cause. Moreover linking the initiative up to the 2010 World Cup will mean many millions of people across the globe are more likely to become involved.

Rania had a meeting in London with Gordon Brown the British PM yesterday:
Britain's Gordon Brown - Yahoo! News Photos

It's nice to see Brown and Rania working together again, it's great to see her working so closely with the British PM.

Prime Minister Gordon Brown has pledged to contribute £1 billion every year towards educating children around the world when he was joined by sporting heroes and world leaders for the launch of a global campaign.
Mr Brown met Queen Rania of Jordan, Sir Bobby Charlton, Alan Shearer and Gary Lineker to begin the 1GOAL initiative to provide education for all children in the run-up to the 2010 World Cup in South Africa.
The Press Association: Brown kicks off education scheme

Last edited by a moderator:
Rania had a meeting in London with Gordon Brown the British PM yesterday:
Britain's Gordon Brown - Yahoo! News Photos

It's nice to see Brown and Rania working together again, it's great to see her working so closely with the British PM.

The meeting took place today :)
Its good to see her back quite soon after it was launched, I thought it could be a while till she atteneds something to do with it again.
She looked nice, quite like the make up.

I suspected she was in London when we didn't see her do any public engagements in Jordan after her trip to NYC more than a week ago.

Back
Top Bottom