Zara Phillips' Fashion and Style Part 2: January 2013 - January 2018

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I love it! Fabulous hat... Lose the "animal"around the neck, however. Gorgeous makeup also.

Actually, I think both hats are new. She attends a lot of racing events and she almost always wears new hats. This year alone she’s worn 5 new hats - 3 in Australia and now 2 at Cheltenham + she’ll wear a couple more at Ascot.
I remember a discussion about this a while back and the prevailing opinion was that she borrows hats, since most of them are never seen again. Like jewelers, a lot of milliners offer the option of renting a hat.

the purple/pinkish one looks like a hat she's worn at least once, to the 2016 Trooping, but it could also be one she's worn at Cheltenham before (but it does look brighter now, so it may just be an identical hat in a different color). But the photos from Trooping aren't wonderful so I'm not 100% sure. She does wear a lot of new hats, but she does also rewear hats a lot too.

Edit: Looking at photos, the purple hat is definitely not new.

Last edited:
She has looked great this week :flowers:

I quite like the first two coats. I am not a fan of her bizarre fascinator hat things. But I Love the color. The color of both are fantastic and add a needed pop of color.

This last look is one of my favorites for her. I am ignoring the fur scarf, I am just pretending faux or not there. I love the vintage feel coat. And I am in love with her hat, I would so steal it.

the purple/pinkish one looks like a hat she's worn at least once, to the 2016 Trooping, but it could also be one she's worn at Cheltenham before (but it does look brighter now, so it may just be an identical hat in a different color). But the photos from Trooping aren't wonderful so I'm not 100% sure. She does wear a lot of new hats, but she does also rewear hats a lot too.

Edit: Looking at photos, the purple hat is definitely not new.

Nope, they’re very similar, but not the same hat.
https://royalhats.files.wordpress.com/2016/06/2016-06-11-trooping-the-colour-102.jpg
https://www.instagram.com/p/BRq8RDhD2CN/

Per royalhats blog, they’re these two hats, both by Rosie Olivia:
Bespoke Hats | Rosie Olivia Millinery
Designer Hats for the Races | Rosie Olivia Millinery

I really can’t think why anyone would buy two such similar hats, so even if she bought one I doubt she bought both. Anyway, of course she owns some of her hats and rewears them, but the sheer volume of new hats she wears every year makes it unlikely she buys all of them. Just the space and care of so many hats makes it unlikely, imo.

Oh.... no, no no! The coat is rather unflattering for her body shape. The dress and the shoes, too...

Much prefer the look yesterday. This one isn't doing much for her.

LaRae

Oh, I So agree with the other posters! Definitely not flattering. Lose the shoes.

I don't particularly like the coat, but I think it actually works with that dress and shoes...

I think she looks so pretty with her smile and hairstyle in these photos! :flowers:

I quite like the coat. And though we can't see much of it here, I love the dress she had under it :flowers:

It's a great color for her but the style doesn't do much for her.

LaRae

I honestly don't think this is such a miss - I like the fascinator with it. And just to be fair, it's hard for her to stand next to the Duchess of Cambridge and look the winner.

I think we have to quit comparing. Zara's obviously back in great shape and seems to own her curves - so good on her.

As an Olympic athlete and considering what sport she does quite frankly I'm surprised she isn't in better shape. That's just my opinion. I come from a riding background so I am familiar with what it takes as a rider to be at equal fitness to the horse.

LaRae

Zara looked fantastic in blue, but the style doesn't suit her.

Zara actually seems in great shape. You can tell when she is in riding gear. The kind of hours she puts into training she has to be. She is simply standing next to a stick thin Kate. Anyone is going to look bigger next to Kate. And the dress does her no favours either in her shape.

I've seen her in riding gear, my comment has nothing to do with her being next to Kate and comparing them.

LaRae

Good for you :flowers:

We all see things differently. Unflattering dress next to a stick thin woman helps no one. IMO in her riding gear she looks like any other professional jumper. She is muscular. My response was to her look not to you.

Not so wonderful. I have seen her look stunning, but today is not one of those days. Like the hat.

Last edited by a moderator:
Not a good look for her.

LaRae

Not my favourite look for her it adds inches to her figure.....

Oh, no not a good look for Zara with the frilly from at the neck. She looks big and busy in it but maybe something else is going on

The over all style is lovely, but the ruffle is too busy. She is too busty for it :ermm:

Without the ruffle, and in a brighter color she would be better. :sad:

Not her worst look certainly but very far from best.

Nothing can save this. Even she doesn't look happy!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom