Zara Phillips Current Events 4: June 2008-December 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
And yet Anne married long before Charles.I can't really see Zara being expected to wait for her younger cousin to marry before her. Zara's wedding would be a much smaller affair!

I don't believe it is a matter of her having to wait because of age or anything like that.

It is more a matter that the family don't want her engagement and marriage to be going on at the same stage as William's so they are saying that the two of them have to decide who will annouce first and therefore marry first. As William is the more senior of the two he gets the right to call the shots.

If she had announced a year ago there wouldn't be a problem.

If the reports are true - then one or both are planning on a wedding and William's will take precedence.

If William has no intention of announcing an engagement this year or next year then Zara can go ahead now and William in two years time.

If William is going to announce next week (after Kate sees the Queen at Balmoral supposedly this week - although they is currently in the Carribbean - press reports have said this week for Kate to see the Queen at Balmoral - or at least August which ends on Monday) then Zara knows that she can announce late next year or the following.

It is just that they are both close in age and reaching a decision at about the same time (if the press is to be believed).

Taking the Anne situation. In 1973 Charles wasn't being reported as about to ask anyone so there was no conflict. However, say Charles and Camilla decided to marry at that time then Charles' wedding would have taken precedence over Anne's and she would have had to wait a year or so.

The BRF simply have William take precedence so to a certain extent he is calling the shots about when Zara can announce her engagement (if any press reports are true and either Zara or William are even planning their engagements at the moment).

I don't really see why they can't both announce at the same time but the BRF do seem to have this idea of one at a time and the more senior before the junior so William before Zara unless William says - "Not yet for me - go ahead Zara".

A double wedding would be nice, I think. :lol:

Zara doesn't have Royal duties. She's not going to overshadow William no matter when her wedding is. Worldwide, most people have never heard of her. Let her get married, especially if William isn't getting married for two years.

It is more a matter that the family don't want her engagement and marriage to be going on at the same stage as William's so they are saying that the two of them have to decide who will annouce first and therefore marry first. As William is the more senior of the two he gets the right to call the shots.
The family have never commented on any engagements between Zara & Mike or William & Kate. As Zara's wedding will be on a much smaller scale than Williams i.e. not exactly a 'Royal' wedding, precedence will probably not come into the equation. There will be no heads of state invited to Zara's wedding.
If William is going to announce next week (after Kate sees the Queen at Balmoral supposedly this week - although they is currently in the Carribbean - press reports have said this week for Kate to see the Queen at Balmoral - or at least August which ends on Monday) then Zara knows that she can announce late next year or the following.
Press reports have said the same thing many, many times before ...

..... so William before Zara unless William says - "Not yet for me - go ahead Zara".
Or Zara says I AM getting married on this date. :D

The family have never commented on any engagements between Zara & Mike or William & Kate. As Zara's wedding will be on a much smaller scale than Williams i.e. not exactly a 'Royal' wedding, precedence will probably not come into the equation. There will be no heads of state invited to Zara's wedding.
Press reports have said the same thing many, many times before ...

Or Zara says I AM getting married on this date. :D

When I mentioned the word 'precedence' it is because the press are saying that Zara has to wait until William makes up his mind.

As he is senior in the family his decision to marry now takes precedence over hers is what I am trying to say but obviously not getting my point across.

As the idea that either of them is contemplating marriage at the moment is all press speculation none of this might actually be relevant as neither of them might be truly planning to get married although Mike's comment about getting married 'when the time is right' (or something like that) is a hint that he and Zara are moving in that direction.

I personally can't see a reason why Zara can't announce her engagement now even if William is contemplating marriage but the press are saying that that isn't how things work in the BRF and I am trying to explain why I understand what the press are saying.

But think of the expense! :eek:

(Although I would ooogle over the clothes and jewels. . . )

The expense surely would be less as there would be only one guest list, one church to pay for, one carriage ride (lucky for Zara who otherwise wouldn't get one to the church), one set of security etc.

It would actually save the Queen and the country money as the huge expense of William's wedding would also be able to incorporate the much smaller expense of Zara's.

As he is senior in the family his decision to marry now takes precedence over hers is what I am trying to say but obviously not getting my point across..
I understood the point you were trying to make, but mine remains the same. As Zara is not an HRH, whether she marries a week before William or a week after, is immaterial as long as HM and Anne are available to attend. It will not be a wedding where heads of state or foreign royals are invited, unless they are personal friends.

When I mentioned the word 'precedence' it is because the press are saying that Zara has to wait until William makes up his mind.
Where is the press saying this? I haven't seen them state this. Do you have a source? Perhaps it's only the Australian press.

I personally can't see a reason why Zara can't announce her engagement now even if William is contemplating marriage but the press are saying that that isn't how things work in the BRF and I am trying to explain why I understand what the press are saying.
Even if anyone is planning to get married next summer it won't be announced NOW. The British royal family usually announces the engagements about 6 months before the wedding, unlike other monarchies who give a year's notice (Sweden). So the earliest you would hear anything is the end of this year or beginning of next year. And that's if any weddings will happen. We don't know what discussions take place between royal family members and you certainly can't rely on the press for accurate information.

Pics 31.8.2009

Zara Phillips riding Toytown in the dressage Highclere
Horse Trials, Berkshire, Britain - 31 Aug 2009

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 **

She looks elegant in the first pic. And she looks so much like her mother in the last one! Or at least she reminds me of her.
Nice to see her with horses again and all the time :flowers:

Pics 2.9.2009

I think she has Anne's expression of discipline and seriousness
in that last pic, you've mentioned Nathalie Cox.

Here are some pics from today:
Zara at the Burghley horse trials, September 2nd, 2009:
Her father Mark Phillips was there as well, see pic 5!

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** Pic 5 **

:previous: Who is that guy she's standing with? He's very handsome!

Thank you for the pictures, Iceflower :flowers: I like Zara's jacket.

Pics 3.9.2009

:previous: Who is that guy she's standing with? He's very handsome!

It's Oliver Townend, a successful International Event Rider himself,
so they are good colleagues, but I guess Zara has already made
her choice ;)

Zara Phillips is seen during day one of the Burghley Horse
Trials on September 3, 2009 in Stamford, England. That
first shot, pic 1, is really great, great look and perspective.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** gettyimages **

And here are the pics from today:

Zara Phillips warming up before competing in the Dressage at
the Land Rover Burghley Horse Trials on Glenbuck. 4-9-09

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 **

** belga gallery ** gettyimages **

Last edited:
The 28-year-old horsewoman doesn't appear to have learnt from her mum Princess Anne, whose dogs have earned a reputation for less than regal behaviour.
The Queen's granddaughter ignored strict regulations saying dogs must be kept on their leads and let her pets Spey and Corley play on the cross-country course.

Zara Phillips breaks rules on dogs - Telegraph

It does seem a little ridiculous, but I'm glad nobody was hurt.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank goodness nobody was hurt, it could have been an absolute tragedy. Many people sit in their vehicle or behind it to have a bite to eat or just to relax. :ohmy:

Zara is in Germany at the moment, she competes with
Toytown und Secret Legacy at the "International Park-
Derby" from September 10-13 in Wachtberg near the city
Bonn.

Here are two pics from the final day ofthe Land Rover
Burghley Horse Trials last Sunday:

Zara Phillips of Great Britain rides Glenbuck during the
Showjumping event on the final day of the Land Rover
Burghley Horse Trials on September 6, 2009 in Stamford:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

The mentioned competition in Germany is over by now,
but it didn't go that well for Zara. On the last day after
her first ride with Secret Legacy, the vet noticed that
the horse had injured itself, it had kicked itself and
stitches had to be put in the wound. Zara took care
of the horse herself and resigned to ride with Toytown
as well.

Here are some pics from the last days and a video link
with an interview, but I guess that video won't stay at
that site for long:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** video **

Thanks for the pictures, iceflower. :flowers:

I hope Secret Legacy will be fine, poor thing. :sad:
Nice to see Zara rode Glenbuck the other day: it is one of my favourites, along with Ardfield Magic Star, Tallyho Sambucca and of course, Toytown.

You're both most welcome, Marsel and Arncliffe :flowers:

And Arncliffe, you're brilliant - Chateau de Chambord - France :D

The local media and spectators have actually been a bit more
interested in the princess' daughter than in her horses ;),
especially the fact that she lived in her caravan instead of
choosing one of the hotels in the surrounding area has awoken
the enthusiasm. And the fact that she posed for the media and
gave a few interviews (showing herself down-to-earth and
very friendly) also increased her popularity.

Glad to see that the newer horses are doing well

I'm glad to see that the new horses are doing somewhat well with Zara as a rider. I'm going to miss Toytown. Hopefully we will see Zara win another World's Championship sometime soon.

You're both most welcome, Marsel and Arncliffe :flowers:

And Arncliffe, you're brilliant - Chateau de Chambord - France :D

The local media and spectators have actually been a bit more
interested in the princess' daughter than in her horses ;),
especially the fact that she lived in her caravan instead of
choosing one of the hotels in the surrounding area has awoken
the enthusiasm. And the fact that she posed for the media and
gave a few interviews (showing herself down-to-earth and
very friendly) also increased her popularity.
Just as an FYI, it's very common for competition equestrians to have a camper/caravan/RV to travel in from show to show. Much easier in terms of packing and travelling.:flowers:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom