Zara Phillips Current Events 4: June 2008-December 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Day 4 of the Badminton Horse Trials and therefore the last day
of this competition:

Zara Phillips on Glenbuck competes in the show jumping on the
fourth day of The Badminton Horse Trials in Badminton, western
England, May 3, 2010.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 **

I like the dress, I don't like the way it fits her. It makes her bosoms' look long and drawn out. Russo thinks she needs a tan as well though! With Zara's schedule, I hardly think she's got time to go run off to a tanning bed. She is a busy woman!

Last edited by a moderator:
I like the dress, I don't like the way it fits her. It makes her bosoms' look long and drawn out. Russo thinks she needs a tan as well though! With Zara's schedule, I hardly think she's got time to go run off to a tanning bed. She is a busy woman!

Thankfully Zara has more respect for her body than to inflict tanning on it. I have just lost a 26 year old friend to skin cancer due to having a belief that looking tanned was healthy - well it was so healthy she is now dead as a result of hours in the sun and on tanning beds in winter. Anyone who thinks that being tanned is healthy needs to look at the major cause of skin cancer, which is a major killer in Australia. The cause is tanning - no amount of sun directly on the skin is healthy unless there is some protection for that skin - sunscreen or sun safe clothes.

Zara looks healthy and natural. She obviously wears skin protection when outside to take care of the largest organ in the human body but one that is easily the most abused by people with a fetish to unnaturally colour it - either directly through the sun or the equally dangerous tanning beds which cause as much cancer as the sun.

Thankfully Zara has more respect for her body than to inflict tanning on it. I have just lost a 26 year old friend to skin cancer due to having a belief that looking tanned was healthy - well it was so healthy she is now dead as a result of hours in the sun and on tanning beds in winter. Anyone who thinks that being tanned is healthy needs to look at the major cause of skin cancer, which is a major killer in Australia. The cause is tanning - no amount of sun directly on the skin is healthy unless there is some protection for that skin - sunscreen or sun safe clothes.

Zara looks healthy and natural. She obviously wears skin protection when outside to take care of the largest organ in the human body but one that is easily the most abused by people with a fetish to unnaturally colour it - either directly through the sun or the equally dangerous tanning beds which cause as much cancer as the sun.
I am sorry for your loss Bertie. I, myself am a 17 year cancer survivor.

I agree about the fit of the dress could have used a VS strapless push-up undergarment to go with that wonderful dress... Just an opinion she is a stunning woman ...:eek:

I agree that something about the fit of the top of the dress just isn't quite right. It appears to be slowly slipping down and pulling other parts with it. Nice color though!

In the photos in the MailOnline report Zara's facial expression and straight blonde hair give her the appearance of being the previously unknown fourth Miller sister.

Hi Everyone!!

My first post here, but have been a lurker for a long time now. Anyway...

Has there been any news on whether Zara will be defending her World Championships in Kentucky come the Fall? Last I heard, she still hadn't qualified for the British Team going to the World Equestrian Games, so have been wondering.

Thanks to the CBC putting all of their various Big Time Sporting Events they have the rights to show, on live on their Digital Channel called Bold, I had the great pleasure of watching Zara and Toytown win four years ago. Felt so horrible for her that she couldn't go to Beijing and compete at the Olympics due to yet another injury to Toytown.

I wish Zara luck in finding another horse w/the talent that beautiful boy has/had. They really were a perfect fit together.

It's difficult to replace the relationship that one has with one's horse for competition.

^^^^^^^^
What is your comment about "jealous of a visitor"?

I'm surprised (and disappointed) that Zara didn't go to Ascot. She always wears something interesting. I was kind of hoping Peter's wife Autumn might go too since we don't get to see her very often.

I think I saw something last week that Zara was in Australia to watch Mike play in the Rugby tests for England but I can't find any reference to it now.

I do have some friends who were at the rugby last Saturday night who say they thought that they saw her but won't swear it of course.

Yes I knew that Mike was here but I am sure that I have heard somewhere that she was here as well, and as I said some friends of mine were at the game in Sydney on Saturday and thought that they saw here there. Mike played in the game on Saturday night, which England won by the way at the same venue that they won the World Cup and where Mike and Zara meet (that World Cup not just at the final - they might have meet there but I don't remember.

Oh I wasn't questioning what you were saying.
I have also read that the local news in Australia said that Zara was there.

Zara Phillips competing on Lord Lauries Smith's Lawn Horse Trials,
Windsor, Berkshire, Britain - 02 Aug 2010

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

Like last year Zara has taken part in the annual Artemis Challenge again
- the race around the Isle of Wight that has been invented to raise money
for good causes. With all these sports events during the last days I wonder
if she had the time and chance to be with the family on their cruise for at
least a short time. Here are some pics from today, August 3rd:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** zimbio/gettyimages **

Autumn Phillips, Peter Phillips, Princess Anne and Mike Tindall watch Zara Phillips
compete in the dressage phase of the Festival of British Eventing at Gatcombe
Park on August 6, 2010 in Stroud, England.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** gettyimages ** belga gallery **

Zara Denies Engagement, Focuses on London 2012

Zara Phillips is often known as the “real” royal. Without a title and with a life that is carried on mostly out of the spotlight, she gave a rare interview to the Telegraph this week. Her life has been pulled in some new directions as of late. In addition to the equestrian carrier which has brought her to the forefront of British athletics (she was Sports Personality of the Year in 2006), she has recently added model and designer to her resume. She has designed a line for Musto, an outdoor clothing brand, and is the spokesperson and model for the line. But her true career remains the sport that she loves, equestrian. When asked how she feels about being called an athlete/model/princess? “Athlete’s good, the others can get dropped. I’m not a princess anyway so I find that quite weird to be labeled as one.” And as for all the gossip that she is already engaged and is racing Prince William to the alter? When asked who would get married first she says: “I don’t know. I’m not engaged. I don’t know why people say that I am. If I were I’d wear my ring with pride.” Her focus remains on the next Olympics. She qualified for both the Athens (2004) and Bejing (2008) games but had to withdraw from both due to injuries to her horse. Since those injuries her horse, Toytown, has rarely been fit enough to compete. Without him, her performances have suffered. But she’s determined be among the top of her sport again, “Taking part in an Olympics on home ground is something you dream about,” she said. There is no reason to doubt she will get back there again. The notoriously strong willed daughter of Princess Anne is through her rebellious stage (“I think I’ve done quite enough on that front”) and is focused on her goal of London, 2012.

Nicely and appropriately focused young Lady, Zara Phillips there. I wish her every bit of good fortune as she follows in the footsteps of her mother The Princess Royal and joins that exclusive group of individuals who are second generation Olympians.

Nicely and appropriately focused young Lady, Zara Phillips there. I wish her every bit of good fortune as she follows in the footsteps of her mother The Princess Royal and joins that exclusive group of individuals who are second generation Olympians.

It's always lovely to also acknowledge that both of Zara's parents are Olympians with Mark Philips also having not only represented the UK at the 1972 Munich Olympics but he was part of the team that won the gold medal at those Olympics.

Yes Princess Anne is also an Olympian having represented the UK in 1976 but it is Mark who won the Olympic Gold Medal.

Sorry for my oversight. That makes her attempt to emulate all the more urgent as it is truly rare for two generations to medal at such an event, let alone compete. In due course if she should choose to, she would also make for an excellent IOC member having had the experience of 2012 behind her.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom