Windsor Family Resemblances 2, 2023 -

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Prince Karl of Hesse does indeed look similar to Prince William. Karl's smile is almost a carbon copy of William's smile.

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

I always thought William looked like Diana.
I think its the shape of the head and the smile that reminds me of Prince William.

Prince Karl of Hesse does indeed look similar to Prince William. Karl's smile is almost a carbon copy of William's smile.

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

The eyes and the hairline, too. It's funny how genes pop up in people relatively distant.

I always thought William looked like Diana.
I think its the shape of the head and the smile that reminds me of Prince William.

Yes, there are some pictures from when they were both young teens where William and Diana could have been twins. As he has gotten older, he definitely has started to favor his father's side of the family more.

Lord Frederick Windsor strongly resembles William, more so in some photos than others.

I remember looking at photos from the late Queen's funeral, and wondering why they had seated William so far back, before I realized it was actually Frederick :)

Lord Frederick Windsor strongly resembles William, more so in some photos than others.

I remember looking at photos from the late Queen's funeral, and wondering why they had seated William so far back, before I realized it was actually Frederick :)

I've done the same thing seeing Prince Edward and thinking it was William.

I think what is extraordinary about the then Wales family as William and Harry grew up are the non resemblances between the three males.
There is very little physical resemblance then and now between Charles and his elder son. William largely resembles the Spencers. Charles Spencer, Diana’s brother, and William had the same shaped faces as younger men.

However, if we knew nothing about the three Wales as royals, I think there is not one person in ten thousand that would pick out Charles in a crowded room as either the father of William or of Harry. A slight similarity between Harry and Charles around the eyes and the upper bridge of the nose perhaps if you look closely but other than that? Harry is and was pure Spencer in colouring. Nothing there between Charles and William at all in facial features.

Similarly if nobody knew who William and Harry were and those people were asked to pick two brothers out of a crowd of strangers walking down a London street Harry and William I would bet would be the last two men to be picked out as being brothers.

It’s extraordinary really. You can certainly pick out clear resemblances between Queen Victoria’s sons as brothers and between the sons of George V. There’s even a slight resemblance between George V and Prince AV as brothers, as they were growing up. Between Harry and William, and to their father Charles? Virtually nothing!

Last edited:
Harry has the close-set eyes of his father.

If you look at Harry in profile, aside from the nose, there is a resemblance to the late Duke of Windsor. The shape of the head.

Harry and Charles's grandfather Andrea have more than a passing resemblance, as well as the comparison to Queen Mary. Even if Harry doesn't resemble Charles specifically, there's (basically) only one place any of it could have come from. https://antique-royals.tumblr.com/post/106553374423/royal-holidays-in-denmark-l-to-r-andrew-of

This is the only picture of Charles where I've seen much of a resemblance to William, haircolor aside; mostly the attitude. https://www.gettyimages.ch/detail/n...wn-polo-nachrichtenfoto/138688202?language=fr

William is lucky to have been born in pretty ironclad circumstances or people would start vaguely wondering about his paternity the way Harry has not only expressed (who may actually have stronger paternal ties, ironically), but the way they do for other royals who look nothing like their fathers, either.

Last edited:
Genetics can be such a strange mix. I too have always thought that William looked like a male version of Diana, and I still do. But over the past years, there have been times when I saw a resemblance to the Windsors, particularly Edward. And at least in that picture, he resembles Prince Karl of Hesse.

I also think Charlotte looks a lot like her father, but sometimes I've seen a resemblance to Her Late Majesty Queen Elizabeth ll as a child.

William certainly favours his mother although I don't think he looks like any of of the other Spencer's. In this article by the Court Jeweler ,the third picture down, is the most I've ever seen a resemblance between Charles and William.

As for Harry, he is Charles with Spencer colouring as far as I'm concerned. The resemblance between Harry to Charles to Phillip is strong.

Last edited:
Take a look at the picture I linked in the first post. When you see how much William looks like Karl of Hesse, you'll see how Charles' (Philip's) genes shine through, even if William doesn't look like either of them. He's really more of Philip's line than the Spencers these days.

[,,QUOTE=Prinsara;2581795]Harry and Charles's grandfather Andrea have more than a passing resemblance, as well as the comparison to Queen Mary. Even if Harry doesn't resemble Charles specifically, there's (basically) only one place any of it could have come from. https://antique-royals.tumblr.com/post/106553374423/royal-holidays-in-denmark-l-to-r-andrew-of

This is the only picture of Charles where I've seen much of a resemblance to William, haircolor aside; mostly the attitude. https://www.gettyimages.ch/detail/n...wn-polo-nachrichtenfoto/138688202?language=fr

William is lucky to have been born in pretty ironclad circumstances or people would start vaguely wondering about his paternity the way Harry has not only expressed (who may actually have stronger paternal ties, ironically), but the way they do for other royals who look nothing like their fathers, either.[/QUOTE]

Take a look at the picture I linked in the first post. When you see how much William looks like Karl of Hesse, you'll see how Charles' (Philip's) genes shine through, even if William doesn't look like either of them. He's really more of Philip's line than the Spencers these days.

Karl of Hesse does look like William, but at least one of Philip's nephews looked like Philip, too. In William's case it helps that both his mother and paternal grandfather were very tall, fair, long-nosed and good-looking.

William's jaw seems to be nearly 100% Spencer with a potential touch of Elizabeth, though.

Last edited:
There is a picture taken of Edward this past week - from the side (he was in NZ) but I am not sure where the site that had the picture got it from and I had to do a double take as I thought it was William - smile and all. I have had that feeling for many years. Even as a teenager there were images where William was so much like Philip as a teenager there can be no doubt about his paternity.

The photos that Prinsara and Saragli shared of Charles as a young man could be William today if you removed their hair.

I always think it is interesting to compare like with like when looking at family resemblances. i.e. William at 4 and George or Charles at the same age.

I am not very good at seeing likenesses but I do find it easier if I compare at similar ages.

The documentary where the Queen and Charles were looking at old home movies you hear the Queen commenting when looking at Charles as a toddler that it could be William or George running about.

The documentary where the Queen and Charles were looking at old home movies you hear the Queen commenting when looking at Charles as a toddler that it could be William or George running about.

I have always thought the Queen meant that in the emotional ("lively little boy in shorts"), rather than physical-likeness sense. But I could be wrong.

I have always thought the Queen meant that in the emotional ("lively little boy in shorts"), rather than physical-likeness sense. But I could be wrong.

That is a fair point

Back
Top Bottom