What now for Princess Charlène: Duties, Roles and Responsibilities

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

If she may not have mastered it, she sure spoke it very, very well. Even people in the comments are praising her, and "charming accents" are not usually a thing in French, although perhaps they make an exception when you're frickin' Grace Kelly making that much effort.

As far as Charlene goes, I agree that her marriage to Albert obviously came with its own conditions, but I think she does what she can, wants, and feels able to. She trained very hard for the waterbike event in the summer and got much support from him and the twins. She lives in a unique realm; she is a unique princess. Perhaps that needs to be accepted for the next decade until Gabriella gets all the headlines.

Lets keep this thread on topic and not derail it please.

Grace is holding a full scale conversation in French no problem at all. Her French may not have been perfect but she demonstrates a high level of fluency in this video. I have never seen Charlene do this, she seems to understand French as I have seen journalists ask her questions in French but she always asks if she can respond in English.

Yes...your point?

It was a reaction on post #432 which referred to Charlène not being of European descent.

Nor was Grace neither are María Teresa, Máxima and Mary. So it was me whom did not see the point in Charlène not being European in connection with her duties, role and responsibilities (the topic of this thread).

:previous: My point was not that Charlene was the only non-European, but that she seems almost defiant about not trying to fit in.

Every one of the other non European married ins that you named has at least learned the language of their adopted country for example.

It was a reaction on post #432 which referred to Charlène not being of European descent.

Nor was Grace neither are María Teresa, Máxima and Mary. So it was me whom did not see the point in Charlène not being European in connection with her duties, role and responsibilities (the topic of this thread).

But then that is not the case for Mary and Grace as their parents where euopeans who emgrated to The US/Australia. And for Maria Teresa yes she was born in Kuba but spend most of her chilhood in Europe.

But then that is not the case for Mary and Grace as their parents where euopeans who emgrated to The US/Australia. And for Maria Teresa yes she was born in Kuba but spend most of her chilhood in Europe.

Still they had to learn the European way and immerse themselves in it. Wasn't easy despite their parents being European.

:previous: My point was not that Charlene was the only non-European, but that she seems almost defiant about not trying to fit in.

Every one of the other non European married ins that you named has at least learned the language of their adopted country for example.

Furthermore, before that, European princesses who became queens of other European monarchies were the norm and, I suppose, most of them learned the languages of their new countries. That should not be seen as a major problem.

We are not talking here about a native speaker of a European language having to learn for example Arabic, Japanese, Mandarin, or Zulu, and, even in those cases (e.g. Arabic), there are examples of royal brides who learned and mastered the language.

Its over 2 months since we've had any public sightings of The Princess do we know if she's on an extended holiday in South Africa or back in Europe?

I think her last sighting was at the Zulu kings funeral.

We seem to see more of her brother than his sister in Monaco.

Covid restrictions probably don't help..but this weekend is the F1 GP of Monaco, so who knows if she'll visit that (she did in past editions)

or maybe she's in training for another event like the waterbike challenge?

Prince Albert is busier as ever but there's no news on the Princess.
The Palace in Monaco are not the best at communications especially where Charlene is concerned.

I noticed that Albert was at the tennis a few weeks back, but Charlene wasn't, and they usually both go.

Does Princess Charlene not like to play her princess role?
She may not like it and prefer to dedicate herself to her children. Or she can play a role behind the scenes that we don't know ...

It appears to me Charlene does pretty much as she pleases I agree with your comment Above that her princess role is something she appears not to " like" but enjoys it on her own terms..... odd It also appears Charlene does not speak French? Does she does anyone know? I think family life is really important but I do feel she has other responsibilities which play second fiddle

The Princely couple are married 10 years this July hopefully we'll see the Princess back in Monaco before then.

Does Princess Charlene not like to play her princess role?
She may not like it and prefer to dedicate herself to her children. Or she can play a role behind the scenes that we don't know ...

I doubt it. It seems that she is not expected to do much Princessly work...

It appears to me Charlene does pretty much as she pleases I agree with your comment Above that her princess role is something she appears not to " like" but enjoys it on her own terms..... odd It also appears Charlene does not speak French? Does she does anyone know? I think family life is really important but I do feel she has other responsibilities which play second fiddle

She speaks basic French but the principality is such an tiny cosmopolitic microkosmos where no one is urged to learn French language.

No any English-only speaker will have a problem in finding his/her own way in Monaco.

Back
Top Bottom