Wedding of Pierre Casiraghi and Beatrice Borromeo, July 25 & August 1, 2015

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm also wondering... While there are lots of pics of Caroline with Tatiana's relatives, especially with Tatiana's mother, who was an old friend of Caroline, there seeems there are no pic of Caroline posing next Beatrice's family. She also seemed quite icy to Paola during the last Rose Ball. It was Albert who played host with her.

I'd love to be a fly on the wall and get to watch this family be family. It would be enlightening, I am sure.

The one who surprised me seen smoking was Camille on the balcony with Stephanie. She is very young to have taken up the habit, but then probably so many people around her also do.

I adore Beatrice's last dress, it's perfection. India is a cutie. :D

The Wedding is over.
No family pictures : Caroline with Pierre ? Carlo Borromeo with his 5 Children.

Sad that Charlène was not at the Balcony of her Castle as it is the only group picture.
AMEN

No we don't have family pictures.
But at least we had the photo of the happy couple.:)
While the Andrea and Tatiana not only have family pictures but stilll wonder
how it was bride.

Last edited:
:previous:

There you are! I found this pic of Carlo Borromeo with 4 of his 5 children (Beatrice wasn't there), taken at Milan's Expo:

From left to right: Carlo jr Borromeo:, Lapo Elkann; Lavinia Borromeo with her husband John Philip Elkann; Matilde Borromeo; Carlo sr.; Isabella Borromeo countess Brachetti Peretti.

Pic

:previous:

There you are! I found this pic of Carlo Borromeo with 4 of his 5 children (Beatrice wasn't there), taken at Milan's Expo:

From left to right: Carlo jr Borromeo:, Lapo Elkann; Lavinia Borromeo with her husband John Philip Elkann; Matilde Borromeo; Carlo sr.; Isabella Borromeo countess Brachetti Peretti.

Pic

I am afraid it's an old pic

Note that the event was held on one of the Borromean islands owned by the Borromeo family themselves. It is not so strange that they were not so visible because they probably already were on the isles bearing their name or in that big super-de-luxe hotel with their own name also (Grand Hôtel des Îles Borromées). Most of the pictures only did catch people arriving or leaving from the one to the other venue. Making any interpretations about relationships between families solely on base of pictures here and there is absurd.

We may be sure that there were family pictures and an official group portrait. But both weddings were kept low-key in terms of publicity and that is a choice made by the bridal couple.

Last edited:
Note that the event was held on one of the Borromean islands owned by the Borromeo family themselves. It is not so strange that they were not so visible because they probably already were on the isles bearing their name or in that big super-de-luxe hotel with their own name also (Grand Hôtel des Îles Borromées). Most of the pictures only did catch people arriving or leaving from the one to the other venue. Making any interpretations about relationships between families solely on base of pictures here and there is absurd.

We may be sure that there were family pictures and an official group portrait. But both weddings were kept low-key in terms of publicity and that is a choice made by the bridal couple.

Well said, agree 100% !
Hard to understand how some people pretend to know the kind of relationship among the families on the base of some press pics .

wedding kiss inside the night party
http://www.tgcom24.mediaset.it/binary/12.$plit/C_4_foto_1370766_image.jpg

the religious ceremony
http://www.tgcom24.mediaset.it/binary/70.$plit/C_4_foto_1370767_image.jpg

:previous: So now I am dying to know how that veil was put together and all anchored to that single wisp at the back of her head. It looks to be anchored above and then also at the nape of her neck.
And given those screens, one wonders how much of the ceremony could be seen/heard by those attending. Interesting.

Posts about smoking and cancer have been removed as off-topic. Thank you for your understanding!

at the very least, they did not spend the money of taxpayers

Why the constant justifiaction of "royal" wedding?

Pierre is NOT royal and neither is Beatrice - therefore it was NOT a royal wedding.

Yes, they are both beautiful to look at but still neither are royal.

A beautifull bride. However imo the reception dress stands out more than the weddingdress.

Not to be nasty but I hope Beatrice looks very good at Pierre's grandmother and after that to her own mother and grandmother. Dear me... I hope she will never ruin her beautifull face with 'procedures' . Pierre's grandmother has aged gracefully. And Caroline as well.

Madame Casiraghi has aged beautiffully, lets see what the rest will look like at 90

...but they are all beautiful and impeccable dressed so they cannt be criticised, Whatever

Last edited by a moderator:

Well said, agree 100% !
Hard to understand how some people pretend to know the kind of relationship among the families on the base of some press pics .
I believe you are correct. I should think the "family" was in residence in the castle and I imagine the formal wedding photos were kept as private as the wedding itself. The rest was just happy paparazzi snaps of the great and the good coming and going and coming and going . . . . .

Not only do they pretend to know the about family relations, they are all gossip, plain and simple. Nasty speculation about families is very ugly. Those who chatter on about how whole families are obviously at war because the "were not seen" crack me up. They are just making stories up as they go, and I am not talking about the paparazzi!

Marg i understand your points and would agree to avoid judging based only on pictures. Personally i asked questions and expressed some doubts, not judgments, based on the long and sometimes controversial history of some of the charachters involved. As locals we have access to information not always published overseas and may also have work and and personal experiences with some of them. Hence some of us feel entitled to express a different point of view and raise questions. ; )

Did the Borromeo had such a lot of paparazzi for Isabella, Lavinia and Mathilde's Weddings ? I doubt !!

Did the Borromeo had such a lot of paparazzi for Isabella, Lavinia and Mathilde's Weddings ? I doubt !!

Lavilia's wedding was open I think. They were many photos from inside the Palace, which were official. I do not know about Mathilde and Isabella.

I can't imagine that the interest in the other weddings was near as big as in this one. I think it is most of all because Piere is a son of Princess Caroline and grandson of Rainier and the legendary Grace Kelly, a Grimaldi (more or less ;)).

at the very least, they did not spend the money of taxpayers

[...]

Strictly spoken the wedding did cost taxpayers' money. In both Monte-Carlo as well in Italy public services, police forces and security were enforced at public costs. And that is no problem. The State is responsible for public order, no matter if it is a football game or a high-profile wedding.

In return for us, as italian taxpayers we got positive exposure of our beautiful sites and publicity for tourism... not bad at all ; )

Lavilia's wedding was open I think. They were many photos from inside the Palace, which were official. I do not know about Mathilde and Isabella.

I remember pics of Lavinia's wedding in magazines, with Berlusconi for example.

Béatrice has always declared being against Berlusconi. I do not think she would never invite him. Nevertheless Lavinia married the Fiat heir, it is normal that her wedding ? would be full of political connections.

Apparently the new Spanish edition of Hello has many new photos of the wedding, if someone with access to the magazine could share these that would be great!!!

I wonder what was the reason for a religous wedding given that the bride is a self proclaimed aetheist ?

From Mathilda's Wedding some official photos where relaised. Point de Vue had some nice exclusive pics.

Well said, agree 100% !

If you go back and read my post, you'll see I used the verb 'wonder', because I've never seen pics of Caroline next to Paola or any other member of the Borromeo/Marzotto family at the last Rose Ball, and was wondering. If you have such a picture, please post it, so some of us will stop wondering, and bothering you. Or perhaps you're an insider and know it all, or maybe you're Mary Kate in desguise.:D

So if you are so knowledgeable, you should stop calling Beatrice a 'countess' or 'donna' she's neither. I also read that her father lost his title when marrying Marion Zota, a commoner. Besides, he owns only Islet San Giovanni, the other islands belonging to Prince Vitaliano Borromeo, Beatrice's cousin. Moreover there are a few places named after the Borromeos in Northern Italy, it doesn't mean that they still belong to that family: sometimes it's just a historical nameplace such as Peschiera Borromeo, a town near Milan, or the Villa Borrromeo in Arcore which is the seat of the local town council, which is also the current owner.

Just bought copy of Hello ( the pics/article are about the Monaco celebrations, I assume they will cover the religious ceremony next week) - there is a very silly remark about Pauline Ducret to accompany a picture of her preparing to jump down a large water slide near the yachting club in Monaco it .."doesn't deter trained circus performer Pauline" - what about the little matter of her previous diving experience and someone who has represented her country?!

Perhaps to have their children remain in the Royal family is the reason that the marriage was also performed in a Roman Catholic Church? It is part of their constitution that heirs be Roman Catholic I believe.

No, a religious wedding is not needed to remain in the line of succession. The civil wedding is enough for that. Eg. Caroline had only civil weddings with Stefano Casiraghi and EA of Hannover.

Caroline and Marriage

No, a religious wedding is not needed to remain in the line of succession. The civil wedding is enough for that. Eg. Caroline had only civil weddings with Stefano Casiraghi and EA of Hannover.
Caroline got an annulment from The Vatican did she not at one stage, so she could remarry? Didn't EH have to go to Queen Elizabeth II for permission to marry Caroline as he is still in the line of succession for the British Crown as she is Roman Catholic? If she had married outside of the faith she would be excommunicated and hence no longer able to receive the sacrements ?

Back
Top Bottom