Visit to the US: September 18-30, 2010

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
She said, "extremist have done a damned good job", referring to how extremists have manipulated the situation to present themselves, good or bad and have a voice, where they should have none.

I know, I was just referring to the fact that she said "damn", aside from saying "hell" in her David Letterman YouTube spoof, that was the first time I'd heard her curse, and I'm not so sure she meant to :whistling:

I like it though, she may just be human after all :lol:

Great to see Rania but a pity that Rania doesn't attend more events but only one event as Shalu mentioned. It would be nice to have a surprise visit or listen to speakers on different days.
Anyone who has attended a these sorts of conferences knows that there are alot of activities, seminars and talks that take place off stage. Moreover they are excellent networking opportunities.

The fact is more connections etc are made off-stage than on it. There's alot more behind the scenes works that goes into these things than the average person realises.

It's great to see Rania with the Browns, from what I understand she is good friends with Sarah and now that she and Gordon are working together I'm sure they'll become even closer.

It's great to see Rania with the Browns, from what I understand she is good friends with Sarah and now that she and Gordon are working together I'm sure they'll become even closer.
I know it's just my imagination about Gordon Brown always looks smitten with Rania:D
They've worked together quite a bit over the last couple of years, even before he became PM.

No Humera, I don't think it is your imagination. There is the body language which can be seen and I think I recall reading an article in the British Times online version by a journalist who said something like Gordon Brown acted like a lovesick schoolboy when he was with Queen Rania.

I know it's just my imagination about Gordon Brown always looks smitten with Rania:D
They've worked together quite a bit over the last couple of years, even before he became PM.
International development has always been close to Brown's heart which is why it's not a surprise that he has chosen to continue his work in this area now he in no longer PM.

As for him and Sarah they're absolutely devoted to each other, you only have to see them together to see just how well suited they are. She really brings out the best in him but then in person he's nothing like the dour individual the press has painted him to be.

Hookah/Sheesha is not the same as smoking a cigarette. The health ramifications only affect those who smoke it on a very regular basis- just like a cigarette.

isn't that hooka though? does that have the same health ramifications as cigarettes? it never ceases to amaze me, the hypocrisy of smoking and people who have been touched by cancer and work for cancer causes...

does QR smoke?...i hope not, it's not an attractive habit IMO
I dont think so .. specially now with her heart problems. It is true that the negative impact of water pipe on human health is much larger than cigarettes, but, unfortunately,it is very common and part of M.Eastern customs and traditions.

I dont think so .. specially now with her heart problems. It is true that the negative impact of water pipe on human health is much larger than cigarettes, but, unfortunately,it is very common and part of M.Eastern customs and traditions.
I think it depends on the kind of sheesha you smoke, these days it's easy to get flavours with a very low tobacco content.

Queen Rania of Jordan attends the 2010 MDG Summit concluding reception at The Plaza Hotel on September 22, 2010 in New York.
Queen Rania Pictures - 2010 MDG Summit Concluding Reception - Zimbio

Queen Rania of Jordan hands over a very large petition to U.N. Secretary General Ban Ki-moon, to support the goal of her charity foundation she founded, '1GOAL : Education for All'. 65th United Nations General Assembly, held at the U.N. headquarters in Manhattan
Queen Rania Pictures - Queen Rania of Jordan and Ban Ki-moon at UN Headquarters - Zimbio

"Important Dinner for Women" event on Monday (September 20). Hosted by Queen Rania of Jordan, Wendi Murdoch and Indra Nooyi, over two hundred women gathered at the hotel's ballroom to discuss how to achieve the Millennium Development Goals, at the same day the Millennium Development Goals Summit kicked off its three day session at the United Nations.

Vedio
USA: World's most powerful women gather for a dinner event in New York City

This is another event that I didn't know about and doesn't seem to have been publicized. It would've been QR's fourth engagement on September 21.

It was for Connect to Learn which seeks to provide secondary education for girls.

Here's another picture of QR at the event: Queen Rania of Jordan at the Connect to Learn Launch | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

Princess Madeleine of Sweden also attended the launch but I haven't seen any pictures of her with Rania. The two probably met each other though.

Back
Top Bottom