Viscount and Viscountess Linley and Family News 1: July 2003-April 2008

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Pics 7.7.2007

Serena and David at Rob Van Helden's and Sebastien Barbereau's civil patnership ceremony,
Claridges Hotel, Mayfair, London, Britain - 07 Jul 2007

Pic 1
Pic 2

Thanks for the great photos, Iceflower!!! I esp. like the last two (where V. Linley is in the red dress). They both look very happy and relaxed. I really like this couple and wish there was more on them.

Does anyone know anything about Serena's family? About her parents and brother?
I don't know much and I've never seen her mother. What about you?

Pics 3.7.2007

Lady Serena and her son Charles at the Macmillan Dog Day - organised as an
cancer organisation - held at the Royal Hospital Chelsea, London on 3 July 2007

Pic 1
Pic 2
Pic 3

I just received my September issue of U.S. Vanity Fair magazine and I was so happy to see Viscount and Viscountess Linley in it as one of 2007 Best dressed couples!!! They had three small pictures of the couple (unfortunately I don't know how to post the article or pictures. Sorry!).

Pics 17.9.2007

David and Serena Linley attend the Luella Bartley store launch after party at
Claridges September 17, 2007 in London, England. Benett/Getty Images

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

I think their son looks a lot like his cousin Prince Edward when he was little.

I think he looks exactely like his father. A carbon copy of him.

Margarita is the cutest little girl. She looks so much like her mother, but has her father's expressions. She looks a lot like me when I was her age. It is so sad to think that Princess Margaret died just 3 months before she was born, she would be so proud of her. Margarita certainly has her charisma.

Pics 27.9.2007

David at the Show Off - Cocktail Party, Royal Academy Of Arts,
London, England. September 27th, 2007:

* Pic 1 ** Pic 2 *

Personally I think David and Prince Andrew look more like brothers than cousins.

Pic 17.10.2007

Serena attends the Cartier VIP dinner to celebrate the re-opening of
their New Bond St. store, at the Natural History Museum on Oct 17,
2007 in London

----> Pic

Pics 29.10.2007

Serena, Viscountess Linley, and her son, the Hon Charles Armstrong
Jones photographed near their home in London, UK, 29/10/2007

* Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 *

He is such a cutie. It's cool to see Serena in a candid. She always looks elegant in her social outings but it's equally nice if not nicer to see her casual style. Not everyday certainly that we see candids of this family. That's a good thing of course, for them, but nice to see sometimes. :)
Thank you for finding and posting these pictures, Iceflower.

Last edited:
Wow, no mistaking whose daddy that boy's is -- he's a dead ringer for Viscount Linley. Margarita reminds me a lot more of her mother, right down to the coloring.

Do they have just the two children?

Yes, just the two: Charles and Margarita, born respectively in 1999 and 2002.
I like Serena's car. :) I think it is the Audi RS 6 Avant.

Wow, no mistaking whose daddy that boy's is -- he's a dead ringer for Viscount Linley. Margarita reminds me a lot more of her mother, right down to the coloring.

Do they have just the two children?
Yes they just have two chidren. Charles does look just like his father, who looks just like his father, who looks just like his father. It just keeps going!:D

Margarita, I think, is an interesting mix of David and Serena. I can't tell yet for sure but though she has Serena's coloring, I think she might have the A-J teeth/mouth, Or maybe it's all in the expressions as someone said somewhere above. I dunno. Bottom line: cute kids! :D

Source: Hola! article, 31 October 2007
Two pictures
1) Picture Viscount Linley at the Goodwood Festival this year
2) Picture The Viscountess at I don't know what event but looking nice as always. I suppose the guy with her must be David but he looks different to me in this picture.

A Bit of Vintage Linley from Getty Images :cool:
1995 --> David posing in front of his shop at 60 Pimlico Rd
2005 --> Posing for Gemma Levine
1986 --> The Making of a Craftsman
1986 --> With Matthew Rice

30 April 1985 --> With Susannah Constantine at Covent Garden to see 'Sleeping Beauty' ballet performance See also: Wikipedia: Susannah Constantine (the very same, as the article even mentions her 80s dating of Linley)

August 1980 --> At Heathrow Airport leaving for holidays with girlfriend Claudia Graham-Dixon who could be related to the British art historian/broadcaster Andrew Graham-Dixon

Thanks for the links, Casiraghi T. He's not a bad looking guy. Looks alot like his father when his father was young. I always found Pss Margaret's children very interesting and unique. I suppose with parents like that, how could they not be.

From the pictures posted of Charles coming home from school, I think he looks a lot like his cousin Prince Edward.

These few days I'm getting curious about him. Until recently hadn't I even known that Viscount Linley and David Armstrong-Jones are the same person.

I think the viscount looks like Lord Snowdon very much, but he also seems to have some similarities to his maternal royal cousin, Prince Andrew, if he changes hair style, doesn't he? I know many people will disagree if I say that he, not always but occasionally, looks like John Travolta, though his face is not as masculine as Travolta. I do not understand why such an odd resemblance flashed through my mind.

Hi, first-time poster here!

I know someone else has already explained about Diana's title changing when her grandfather died, but I also thought I'd mention that Diana's brother's present title is "Earl Spencer," not "Earl of Althorp." (Before his father died he was Viscount Althrop.)

Does anyone know what the distinction is between someone who is "Earl of Something" (like Earl of Wessex) and "Earl Something" (like Earl Spencer)? I know there is a difference, but I can't remember what it means.

Thanks,
kal

Earl X is higher up the ladder than Earl of x

Earl X is higher up the ladder than Earl of x

Not always. Check out order of precedence for Earls in England at bottom of this page:

Earl - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

It also explains the difference between Earl of X and Earl X. Both types of Earls are referred to as Lord X.

Another link that includes the order of precedence with the Royal Family like The Earl of Wessex (Prince Edward).
Order of precedence in England and Wales - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
List of Earls - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia (order of precedence determined if your Earl title is from England, Scotland, Ireland, Great Britain, UK and for each category, order is determined when title was created)

Hope this helps.

-Ayvee

Last edited:
Interesting that, in Wikipedia at least, the Earl Spencer has precedence over the Earl of Strathmore. I wonder if that ever irked the Queen Mum after Johnny Spencer's death and after Diana went on her rampage.

Interesting that, in Wikipedia at least, the Earl Spencer has precedence over the Earl of Strathmore. I wonder if that ever irked the Queen Mum after Johnny Spencer's death and after Diana went on her rampage.

Probably not, because if anyone ever mentioned it to her, she (I'm guessing) became mysteriously deaf and the next day would find that person equally mysteriously (if staff) transferred to another post or, if friend, not having their calls returned! :lol:

Why should it? It is a well-known fact that the Earls Spencer came from the family of the Spencer-Churchills, thus a peerage in unbroken line is there way earlier than the actual "Earl Spencer"-title. As precedence takes its source from the date of the creation of a title, it's nothing to be irked by it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom