Viscount and Viscountess Linley and Family News 1: July 2003-April 2008

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Again a totally different portrait :) - Lord Linley and Lady Serena:

wklekg.jpg

(HELLO)

Last edited by a moderator:
LONDON - MAY 09
David Linley at the "Dream Auction Full Stop - VIP Party" at the Albert Hall on May 9, 2006 in London, England.
(from uk press)

Attachments

• linley.jpg
    linley.jpg
    23 KB · Views: 367
LONDON - MAY 22: Serena, Viscountess Linley and David, Viscount Linley attend the Cartier dinner party, hosted by the managing director of Cariter Arnuad Bamberger, at the Chelsea Physic Garden on May 22, 2006 London

1zldv7b.jpg
1zldx1f.jpg
1zlehp3.jpg
1zlei43.jpg

(Gettyimages)

LONDON - JUNE 16: Viscount Linley and Serina Linley attend the "Grosvenor House Art and Antiques Fair" gala evening at the prestigious annual international fair, which displays over GBP500 milion worth of art and antiques, at Grosvenor House, Park Lane on June 16, 2005 in London.

1zleoie.jpg
1zleovk.jpg
1zlepe1.jpg

(Gettyimages)

CHICHESTER, ENGLAND - JULY 9: David and Serina Linley attend the 12th Cartier Style Et Luxe Competition lunch at the Goodwood House during the Festival of Speed on July 9, 2006 in Chichester

1zleryr.jpg
1zleupt.jpg
1zlev7k.jpg
1zlevso.jpg

(Gettyimages)

Great pictures, Iceflowe!!! Viscount Linley looks as though he's lost a good amount of weight. He looks quite handsome, actually. I assume the little boy and girl in the pictures are his children. Does anyone know how old they are now? Thank you.

Oh, and I wanted to add that Serena looks remarkable. Like she has hardly aged at all.

Do You Have Any Pics Of His Wedding Day. I Guess His Wife Wear A Dress That Looks Like Princess´s Margaret.

Bella said:
Great pictures, Iceflowe!!! Viscount Linley looks as though he's lost a good amount of weight. He looks quite handsome, actually. I assume the little boy and girl in the pictures are his children. Does anyone know how old they are now? Thank you.
You are welcome, Bella :)
Their son Charles had his 7th birthday last week (he was born on July 2, 1999) and their daughter Margarita Elizabeth was born on May 14, 2002, so she's 4 now. The text of the pictures does not say that the children are their children, but it's possible, I would say :)

Amazing how much Viscount Linley reminds me of Prince Andrew.

Lady Bluffton said:
Amazing how much Viscount Linley reminds me of Prince Andrew.

He is definately a Windsor, there is no doubting that!:)

Chabelita said:
Do You Have Any Pics Of His Wedding Day. I Guess His Wife Wear A Dress That Looks Like Princess´s Margaret.
All wedding threads are in the Old, New, Royal and Blue Forum. The Linley Wedding thread can be found here.

iceflower said:
You are welcome, Bella :)
Their son Charles had his 7th birthday last week (he was born on July 2, 1999) and their daughter Margarita Elizabeth was born on May 14, 2002, so she's 4 now. The text of the pictures does not say that the children are their children, but it's possible, I would say :)
The little boy is definitely Charles. He looks the exact same as earlier, formally identified pics, of their son. Since the only part of the girl that's visible is the back of her head, I can't be positive about her being MArgarita, but the hair color matches Margarita's hair color at Trooping the Colour, and Serena seems to be picking her up, so I'd say it's a safe guess.

After all the recent attention given to the auction of Princess Margaret's belongings, I came to think about something that I would like to ask if any of you know...

When Princess Margaret transferred the ownership of her holiday home, Les Jolies Eaux on Mustique (in the late 90's I think, maybe 98/99 or so), Viscount Linley sold it and bought castle in France, Château d'Autet or something like that I think it was named. Does anyone know if he and his family still owns it and uses it? Do they go there for holidays every year?

PORT ELLEN, SCOTLAND - JULY 21: Viscount David Linley and Charles Armstrong-Jones arrive to embark on the Hebridean Princess at Port Ellen for a week-long cruise around the Western Isles to celebrate the Queen's 80th birthday on July 21, 2006 in the Isle of Islay. (Photo by POOL/ Tim Graham Picture Library/Getty Images)

20l09p2.jpg
20l0c9w.jpg

Are they accompanied by the nanny Jessie Webb who used to care for William and Harry (the lady seen over the left shoulder of Serena and Sarah?....that lady sure resembles her anyway). Do you know who she works for, Sarah or David or another royal?

Yes, I believe that is Jessie Webb but I dont' know who she works for.

...And who is that lady with the child, between Peter and Autumn ?

What an interesting series of photos! Imagine a week long cruise with your
relatives! Interesting concept.:)

flora said:
...And who is that lady with the child, between Peter and Autumn ?
The woman in the brownish suit is Serena Linley.

It's nice to see David and Sarah with both of their families. I hope that there was no truth to the rumor that the auction had caused some strain in their relationship.

I do have two additions to the pics I posted from July 9, 2006, the 12th Cartier Style Et Luxe Competition lunch they all attended. Margarita looks soooo cute, I hope you enjoy as well :)

20za6uu.jpg
20za9s9.jpg

(HELLO)

Great pictures, Iceflower! So there will be a third generation of Snowden photoraphers! You are right, little Margarita is adorable. A little bit shy it seems, too.

In Iceflower's posting 103 with the lovely pictures of the Linleys getting on the Hebridean Princess - there is a mistake in the caption!

The Isle of Islay is not in England - it is in Scotland. Both countries are part of Britain or the UK, but they are definitely separate! It is like mentioning that Dresden is in Bavaria when you mean Germany.

Sorry - pet hobbyhorse!!!

By the way, the Royal Family always used to go cruising round the north of Scotland every summer as a precurser to their stay at Balmoral. However, when the Labour Government came to power they took the Royal Yacht Britannia away. (It is now a tourist attraction at Leith, the port of Edinburgh). It was a very sad day for the Royal Family, the Queen in particular, and she is on video shedding a tear at the decomissioning ceremony. So now as a special 80th Birthday treat, she has to hire a small cruise ship.

When I lived in Caithness, in the north of Scotland, we used to see the Royal Yacht come into Scrabster Bay, and various members of the Royal Family would come ashore to be greeted by the Queen Mother, and go and spend some time at the Castle of Mey with her, before continuing on round the coast to Aberdeen, and Balmoral.

Bella said:
Great pictures, Iceflower! So there will be a third generation of Snowden photoraphers! You are right, little Margarita is adorable. A little bit shy it seems, too.
Bella, I had not thought of that photographer fact before, great idea you had in mind!!! :) :) Margarita's shyness makes her even cuter in my eyes, I think she's not that used to have that many unknown photographers around her..;)

Alison20, thank you for telling us about the Isle of Islay, I had simply copied the caption, not thinking about any possible mistakes, Getty could have made..;) :)

Margarita is adorable. She looks so much like her mother. Its a shame we dont get to see mny picures of her.

Yes, I think Margarita looks like her mother and Charles is the spitting image of his father.

Here is a portrait of Lord Linley, I think it was taken in 2000:

25uh7pd.jpg

(HELLO)

Thanks, Iceflower. He's not really a very attractive man in the conventional sense, but, like Charles, there's something attractive about his looks. He's always dressed impeccably well, too.

GrandDuchess said:
When Princess Margaret transferred the ownership of her holiday home, Les Jolies Eaux on Mustique (in the late 90's I think, maybe 98/99 or so), Viscount Linley sold it and bought castle in France, Château d'Autet or something like that I think it was named. Does anyone know if he and his family still owns it and uses it? Do they go there for holidays every year?
Finally found an answer for you. They do still have a home in France. David gave an interview in The Times where he talks about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom