Victoria & Daniel's 1st Baby - Guess the Sex, Name and Godparents

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

What do you think Victoria will have ....a boy or girl?

• Boy - Christian needs some help with all these girls!

Votes: 103 40.1%
  • Girl - Girls rule!

Votes: 67 26.1%
  • One of each would be nice!

Votes: 11 4.3%
  • As long as the baby is healthy it doesn't matter!

Votes: 76 29.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I would be very happy if one of the name was Lovisa for a girl or Louis for a boy as it is family name for me!! selfish, i know!

Carl Johan Gustaf Bertil
Carl Oscar Gustaf Johan

Christina Ingrid Lilian Margareta
Astrid Silvia Ewa Désirée

for the godparents to the next swedish heir are pretty obvious i would say.
the scandinavian royal families are going to take part of it, as they are known for their close relashionship and ties, Prince Willem-Alexander, Prince Haakon and Prince Frederik are highly candidates, and Victoria even was godmother of their heirs, so probably yes.
Daniel sister Anne seems to me also a candidate, and finally but not least, the Prince of Asturias, i mean they are very good friends, and Victoria was always besides him on celebrations when they were single.

for other children of Victoria, then i would see they choosing the Crown Prince's wives, Princess Madeleine, Prince Carl-Phillip, etc...

Victoria's godparents were: King Harald, Ralf Sommerlath, Queen Beatrix and aunt Princess Desiree.

Carl Philip's godparents were: Prince Bertil, Prince Leopold of Bavaria, Margrethe of Denmark and aunt Brigitta of Sweden.

Madeleine's godparents were: Walther Sommerlath, aunt Christina, Fru Magnusson, Benedikte of Denmark and Andreas of Sachsen-Coburg.

So there was a pattern:
- at least two noble/royal persons from abroad
- equal number of women and men (2:2)

If they repeat this pattern, than it will be
1. child:
- Crown prince Haakon of Norway
- Anna Westling Blom
- Crown prince Willem Alexander
- Princess Madeleine

2. child:
- Prince Carl Philip
- Frederik of Denmark
- another royal: e.g. Mette-Marit
- another relative: one of Victoria's cousins for example

Last edited:
Willem-Alexander, Prince of Orange
Crown princess Mette-Marit of Norway
Prince Carl-Philip
Anna Westling Blom

Daniel´s sister is nowadays Anna Westling Söderström, she got married in August last year.
I hope that Anna and crown prince Haakon are among the godparents.

Last edited:
Crown Prince Frederik of Denmark
the Prince of Orange (or Crown Prince Haakon of Norway)
Princess Madeleine
Daniel's sister

Hoping for CP Hakkon, and Princess Madeline to be in the running.

ohhh i was thinking about this again. could Victoria also choose her parents?

Since crown princess victoria's godmother to prince Christian of Denmark I find it a possibility that either or both the crown prince and princess of Denmark might or will be Victoria's child 's godparent.

ohhh i was thinking about this again. could Victoria also choose her parents?
Of course she could choose one of her parents, but it's unlikely she will do that. Usually a godparent belongs to the same generation as the child's parents do.

So there was a pattern:
- at least two noble/royal persons from abroad
- equal number of women and men (2:2)

If they repeat this pattern, than it will be
1. child:
- Anna Westling Blom
- Princess Madeleine

I go for this one.
Or, if they choose not to follow the equal number of men and women, then it could be

crown prince Haakon
crown prince Willem Alexander
Anna Westling Blom
prince Carl-Philip

Anyways, one of them :)

crown prince Haakon
crown prince Willem Alexander / crown prince Frederik
Anna Westling Blom
prince Carl-Philip / princess Madeleine

Victoria, Carl Phillip and Madeleine had 4 godparents each, but King CG had 10 godparents, who knows if Vic and Daniel choose more than 4 godparents for the child, i hope so!!!

I think it's going to be a boy. I'm not into Swedish names but I would like if the baby is called Gustav. If it's a girl, Christina or Sophia.

I think it's going to be a boy. I'm not into Swedish names but I would like if the baby is called Gustav. If it's a girl, Christina or Sophia.
Sophia/Sofia would be strange to me, if Carl Philip has a serious relationship with Sofia Hellqvist or even marries her. Same thing with Emma (ex-girlfriend of Carl Philip), Jonas (ex-boyfriend of Madde) or Chris(-toph) (boyfriend of Madde).

But Gustav i like very much!

I'm also pretty sure, it will not be one of this names, because they are in use for godchildren.
- Ingrid
- Alexandra
- Catharina
- Amalia
- Eleonore
- Diana
- Vivien
- Giulia
- Isabella

- Christian
- Konstantin
- Leopold
- Ian

I think not possible are also:
Elisabeth (next queen of Belgium)
Leonor (next queen of Spain)
William, Harry, Beatrice, Eugenie - used in the British royal family.
Caroline/Carolina because of Caroline Kreuger and C. Dinkelspiel
Andrea , also a friend of Victoria
Josephine, a friend of Victoria
Leoni, because of Leoni Persson, a family friend
Martina
Anna, aunt... at least not as a first name.
Louise, because of Louise Gottlieb a friend and at least 2 european princesses called Louise.
Nicole
Sybilla
Helen(e)
Kristina (also cousin)
Estelle
Hedvig (Daniel's niece)
Vera (Daniel's niece)

Nicolas
Theodor
Lennart
Charles
Edward
Hans
Fredrik as a first name (because of kids of Victoria's cousins; de Geer af Finspång)
Carl as a first name (because of kids of Victoria's cousins)
Oscar as a first name (because of Oscar Ambler)
Victor (son of Christina Fru Magnuson)

So my guess is still:
Gustaf Oscar Fredrik Olle is my main guess, because i think, it will be a boy this time!
If it is a girl: Margareta Lovisa Ewa Silvia
I would love Elsa Margareta, but it might be not regal enough.

with the godparents:
- Anna Westling Blom
- Princess Madeleine

Last edited:
I think Caroline Kreuger is a friend of Victoria.

Whose children are they? Are they godchildren of Victoria or Daniel?

Who is Caroline Kreuger?

Non-royal godchildren of V.:

• Leopold Sommerlath, son of Victoria's cousin Patrick Sommerlath and Camilla Lunden.
  • Diana Engsäll, daughter of Victoria's friends Andrea Brodin Engsäll and Niclas Engsäll.
  • Ian Persson, son of Karl-Johan and Leonie Persson.
  • Baroness Madeleine von Dincklage, daughter of Victoria's cousin Baroness Sybilla Ambler von Dincklage and Baron Cornelius von Dincklage.
  • Vivien Sommerlath, daughter of Victoria's uncle Jörg Sommerlath and Simone Sommerlath.
  • Giulia Sommerlath, daughter of her cousin Thomas Sommerlath and Susanne Sommerlath.
  • Isabella Chloé Nilsson, daughter of one of her closest friends Caroline Kreuger Nilsson and Jesper Nilsson. (Quote from Wikipedia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Victoria,_Crown_Princess_of_Sweden#Godchildren )
Caroline Kreuger is said to be Victoria's best friend. It was her 25th birthday where Victoria and Daniel were seen kissing for the first time ( Första bilden på kärleksparet | Nyheter | Aftonbladet )

there is a list of friends of Victoria: http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f22/friends-of-the-royal-family-7065.html That is where i took some names from. Without this list i just had known about Caroline Kreuger und Lussan Gottlieb. To me it would be weird to name your children after your friends, even if you are really close.

Nicole, Sybilla, Helen(e), Kristina, Estelle, Nicolas, Theodor, Lennart, Charles, Edward, Hans are the names of cousins, their husbands/wifes or their children. (So children, children-in-law and grandchildren of the king's sisters).

Carl as a first name (because of kids of Victoria's cousins)
Oscar as a first name (because of Oscar Ambler)
Victor (son of Christina Fru Magnuson)

So my guess is still:
Gustaf Oscar Fredrik Olle is my main guess, because i think, it will be a boy this time!
If you exclude Victor as a possible name due to the fact that one of princess Christina's sons have that name, you would also have to exclude Gustaf for the same reason, as it's the name of her eldest son.

Meraude said:
If you exclude Victor as a possible name due to the fact that one of princess Christina's sons have that name, you would also have to exclude Gustaf for the same reason, as it's the name of her eldest son.

And Oscar too. That's the name of her 2:nd son ;) Just because cousins and kids of her friends have traditional royal names it doesn't mean that she should avoid them. The only names she should avoid as calling name is names of the girls who are 2:nd in line to the throne after their fathers : Elisabeth, Catharina Amalia, Ingrid and Leonor (wich would be Eleonora in swedish) .

Last edited:
If she is carrying the baby in front and full under the boobs.girl

Small like a rounded basketball.boy

The name they choose will be something suitable and traditional for a Swedish King or Queen whether or not someone in their circle of friends and relatives already has it.

If she is carrying the baby in front and full under the boobs.girl

Small like a rounded basketball.boy
thats only surperticions! my aunt had 3 pregnancies, all girls and all diferent baby bellys.
and my mom had that "small like a rounded basketball" belly when she was expecting me, and im a girl. my brother was the opposite.
i guess it matters on the baby's size, weight and lenght, and not the gender!

I think she's having a girl. Just my gut feeling on it. As for names:

Astrid Elisabeth Margareta Alice

or

Anna Lovisa (Louise) Sylvia Ingrid

If it's a boy, I guess these names:

Carl Henrik Johan Olof

or

Edward Bertil Gustaf Daniel

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom