Victoria, Daniel and Family, General News Part 4: September 2017 - December 2020

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
:previous: A sweet photo. Nice to see Daniel spending a quality evening with his children and getting into the festive spirit!
On a side note, I just love the names of Carola's children!

Victoria and Daniel were at Vemdalen in Sweden. Victoria was photographed at Storhogna M (an activity house with restaurant).
"What week it has been! Royal visit to M of the Crown Princess Victoria, together with Prince Daniel and Norwegian Royals!
A lovely picture taken by our regular guests, a quiet autumn night with snowfall ア You never know who you can encounter here!"
https://www.instagram.com/p/BooHlR7nhLc/?taken-by=storhogna.m

The Swedish mountains attract all sorts of people! What we find extra fun with it is all meetings and networking between each other. Whether it is to get to know their neighbors in the surroundings or to encounter new and old friends up here. In the week of the sister company @ storhogna.m, Crown Princess Victoria, Prince Daniel and Norwegian royal family came to visit! Lovely regular customers Mimmi and Helen Lundgren were in place and networked You never know who you can encounter here!
https://www.instagram.com/p/Boo2HpmBYgJ/?taken-by=storhogna.trahus

Vemdalen idag -magazine writes about this visit in the beginning of October
"Royal bathing water
The stock-timbered mountain sauna at the foot of the mountain at Storhogna has now received royal bathing water. It was this autumn that Stortogna and Fjällvistet was visited by the royal family. It was no less than Crown Princess Victoria and Prince Daniel who, together with their friends, enjoyed a private moment with a bath and sauna after a hike in the mountains in the area."
Image Upper.com - Free Image Hosting - View Image

Ardalan Shekarabi, the Minister for Public Administration, has an Advent Calendar at his Facebook. Every day he publishes a little story about a person, association etc. he finds important and interesting.

On 11th December he wrote about Victoria at his Advent Calendar:
"As an ambassador to the UN's global goals, she is a major idol in sustainability issues. For questions related to water and health, she has a great passion. Her dedication always gives me energy and inspiration.
H.R.H. Crown Princess Victoria's commitment to sustainability has hardly escaped anyone! Crown Princess Victoria is one of the UN's 17 international ambassadors for the global goals and she has a very important role, both as inspirer and lobbyist. The global goals are needed to enable the countries of the world to jointly stop and prevent conflicts and refugee disasters. Sustainable development can not be achieved without peace, security and respect for human rights. The Crown Princess works primarily with issues related to water and health. We have met on several occasions and talked about Sweden's combined efforts to reach the global goals within the Agenda 2030. Each time we meet, I get new energy and inspiration in the work on Sweden's implementation of Agenda 2030."
JULKALENDER LUCKA 11 Som... - Ardalan Shekarabi _ Facebook

Last edited:
Malin Collin, columnist at Expressen, spoke today at TV4 Nyhetsmorgon about Victoria, in the beginning of this video.

These qualities mean that Victoria is absolutely perfect
Malin Collin says:
Crown Princess Victoria is a PR genius. The monarchy should be outdated but our country has come so far from it, and it is because of this woman. If we start by watching what was seen on Nobel on Monday. Then the crown princess came in the same Nina Ricci dress that her mother had in the 90's. And it's definitely not for the first time that Crown Princess Victoria recycles old clothes, she has done so for many years, gone into her mom's closet and worn nice old clothes. And it's not just her wearing mother’s clothes, princess Estelle has often been seen in the crown princess's old children's clothes in a solemn context. And all this means economising of some kind, you can not buy new all the time. And, above all, environmentally, to use the one that already exists, the Crown Princess has been doing it for a long time.
Anders Pihlblad says: The King's motto is "For Sweden - With the times", she lives for it?
She does. But then I thought of another thing (photo of Victoria hiking). We are used to see the Crown Princess like this often, she has been very interested in the environment and environmental issues since she was a teenager. It has always been high on the agenda. (Photos of Estelle and Oscar at St. Lucia Day) An extra small thing, these wonderful little children, whom today they provide to us in social media, it is modern and so right to stay close to the people, put out "lusse" pictures of princess Estelle and Prince Oscar. All that together feels that she is very serious but with a glimpse of the eye and quite right in time. What a PR bomb she is! She is doing so right, simply, to retain the monarchy.

It's interesting how rewearing an outfit once is linked to being very environmental friendly. Most people rewear their clothes all the rime and hardly ever do I hear them being praised for doing such a wonderful job for the environment.

:previous: You are absolutely correct. Over the time I have been on this board, I have seen Royal Fashion Reporters writing about I recycling ensembles all the time, worn with different accessories for a new look, there were even many comments from RR's and forum members remarking how we would love to see "that" again until somewhere over time, the narrative changed.

Now they talk about "recycling" an ensemble like it's cheating or they couldn't be bothered shopping or that they are cheapskates. It is like they are talking about the Celebrity Red Carpet where you definitely don't and won't see an ensemble recycled, for two reasons:

That is so last year!
and
The ensemble belonged to the designer just as the jewels did.

Basically, the RR's are getting on the "fast fashion" train and expect royal women to do the same. Ensembles should be seen once and, I don't know, donated or used for the garden? Whatever they do with them, recycling seems to almost offend them. It's just another way that they are trying to dictate the "Royal" narrative. Their clothes, their marriages, their children, their accommodation, everything is in the mind of the RR's. Personally, I think most of them are out of their minds half the time.

I can't wait to see Estelle on skis again. I wonder what they will do with Oscar as he is too young to ski. Perhaps we will see them all tobogganing.

Victoria and Daniel spoke at the Året med kungafamiljen on Öland about "plogga" in swedish. Plocka skräp + jogga = plogga (pick up litter and jogging) = plogga. Daniel asked about what the word is, Victoria said plogga and said that they would do it in the autumn.
Now Plogga tells about that at their social media. Plogga is an association and popular movement where the activity itself is to pick up litter while jogging.
"More and more Ploggar. The Crown Princess tells that she would Plogga with us in the TV program "Året med kungafamiljen""
https://www.instagram.com/p/Br-6AhcnW9l/

Great to see! I was expecting a photo of the family on skis, because Daniel and Victoria are so passionate with Generation Pep and getting the children to move more and want to set a good example, but a video is even better! Wow, Oscar is doing great, and Estelle of course too.
Video is also at court Facebook
Kungahuset - Videot _ Facebook

Someone comments at Instagram that they saw the family at lunch in Knettsetra yesterday, so obviously yesterday the family was in Trysil.

Last edited:
Great to see! I was expecting a photo of the family on skis, because Daniel and Victoria are so passionate with Generation Pep and getting the children to move more and want to set a good example, but a video is even better! Wow, Oscar is doing great, and Estelle of course too.
Video is also at court Facebook
Kungahuset - Videot _ Facebook

Someone comments at Instagram that they saw the family at lunch in Knettsetra yesterday, so obviously yesterday the family was in Trysil.

They´ve been there before right?

They´ve been there before right?
Yes, in New Year 2013 and 2016. In the beginning of October Victoria and Daniel were in Vemdalen in Sweden with norwegian royals, hiking in the mountains.

Right now, Crown Princess Victoria and family are celebrating the new year in the ski slopes in Trysil in Norway - where Prince Oscar, 2, rooted by both parents during Saturday was seen skiing on a children's slope.
- He looked accustomed to the skis, it went at full speed, says a person who was on the spot at the same time.
During Saturday, the royal family also shared a video of the family on the slope at their Instagram.
- They try to get the children to ski very much. They are athletic. Both Victoria and Daniel like skiing, so it is clear that they are trying to get the children to like this as well, says Expressen's royal columnist Karin Lennmor.
At the end of one of the slopes there is a roller conveyor, which serves as a kind of lift for the smallest children. There, the children go up about 100 meters, then go down the relatively flat slope.
- Victoria went up there with Oscar several times, while Daniel stood at the bottom of the hill and received Oscar who came in full speed, tells a person was on the spot at the same time.
According to people in place, the atmosphere should was happy and easy-going.
- Yes, they were in a very good mood. There was laughter and fun and thaw on the slopes.
Oscar went up and down the small hill at least 3-4 times before the family left the place.
- They talked about maybe going to "fika".
According to Karin Lennmor, it is likely that the family rented their own cabin somewhere in Trysil.
- Sometimes they rent cottages, which I think they did now, but they have also stayed at the Ski Center in Trysil, I know they stayed there once. But I guess they rented a house there.
Whether or not any other member of the royal family is also in Trysil is unclear, but none other than just Daniel, Victoria and Oscar appeared at the video.
Karin Lennmor doesn't believe that the king and queen are in Trysil.
- I find it hard to believe that they are in Norway, but this is Victoria's family and some friends' family who are there. It's their thing.
According to Lennmor, it is also no coincidence why Victoria, just like 2016 and on a number of previous occasions chose to go to just Trysil.
- In particular, I do not think that they are so observed in the Norwegian mountains as in the Swedish. If there is a lot of people on a slope then it is difficult to notice that there is a royal family on the ski slope.
Prins Oscars skidglädje i Trysil_ ”Gick i full fart”

Comment at Instagram
So cute and talented children. We ate lunch next to you one day and then Princess Estelle came with her dad on the same slpe as us. An experience to see part of our fine royal family live. Good continuation in 2019! Hope we'll see you sometime again.

Oscar, 2, - a prince with a glide
Oscar, 2, slides forward like a prince in the ski slope in Trysil with his arms straight ahead.
And big sister Estelle, 6, shows her little brother a little trick on the skis while mom cheers.
Crown Princess Victoria and family have spent the New Year's week and Epiphany weekend in Trysil. And as usual, it is skiing for the family.
The latest on the slope is of course little prince Oscar, who is only two years old. But he already shows an impressive safety on the skis.
Still and cool as a cucumber, he slides surely, between mom and dad, who must slow down a little when it goes too fast.
He holds his arms outstretched in front of him.
The skis are pink and probably inherited from his big sister, Princess Estelle.
She has some years of experience on the slopes and is even safer than little brother.
- Oscar, check this out! she shouts and slides in front of him and shows how to bend on her knees.
Dad Prince Daniel gently steers Oscar aside, so he should not enter Estelle.
And Mom Victoria, the only one who has ski poles, rejoices and cheers:
- Bravo! Bravo! she shouts.
Prins Oscar, 2, åker skidor i Trysil _ Aftonbladet

Last edited by a moderator:
I can't wait to see Estelle on skis again. I wonder what they will do with Oscar as he is too young to ski. Perhaps we will see them all tobogganing.

Apparently, Daniel and Victoria thought he was old enough but he is indeed rather young to be skiing.

Good to see the family are looking as if they are enjoying their break! Oscar does indeed seem a little young to be skiing, but I'm sure the ski instructor would have advised otherwise if they thought it was unsafe for him. Can anyone remember how old Estelle was when she was first seen skiing?

Good to see the family are looking as if they are enjoying their break! Oscar does indeed seem a little young to be skiing, but I'm sure the ski instructor would have advised otherwise if they thought it was unsafe for him. Can anyone remember how old Estelle was when she was first seen skiing?

Two or three I think so not much older than Oscar.

Estelle was one year and 10 months old. The royal court published on 31st December 2013 this photo of Daniel and Estelle at their Facebook "Princess Estelle's debut at the ski slopes"

The whole royal family was celebrating New Year 2014 in Cervinia, Italy on a skiing holiday, it was the family's gift to queen Silvia on her 70th birthday.
More photos of Estelle learning skiing then:

And Expressen told on 11th February 2018, that Oscar was on skis when the family was on a skiing holiday in swedish Åre, so Oscar was learning skiing in last winter already, before his 2nd birthday.
Kronprinsessan Victoria med familj på skidsemester i Åre.

Last edited:
Thanks for the info and videi Lady Finn, it was really delightful watching. And to all who filled us in on how old both the kids were when they started to ski.

They really are a lovely and totally relatable family that is easy to admire and fun to follow.

Thank you both for filling me in on Estelle and skiing. So it would seem that Oscar was older than Estelle when he was first seen with skis in public.

Photographers of the new agency, Swedish Press Agency, have gotten hand written letter from Victoria.
https://www.instagram.com/p/BsWBFdIiP96/

Crown Princess Victoria of Sweden enjoys family skiing holiday _ Daily Mail Online

Royal children look adorable skiing in the snow - see video

Victoria is second on The Stockholm Chamber of Commerce's list of The world's 55 best Stockholmers known abroad:
Stockholms Handelskammare - Världens 55 bästa stockholmare som är kända utomlands

Former icehockey player Maria Rooth tells at her Instagram how Daniel apologized her what he said at "Året med kungafamiljen" at the clip of the inauguration of the new sports hall in Ockelbo.
Daniel was interviewed at men's locker room and he expressed his joy of playing with the "guys".
As women also participated during the opening ceremony and ice hockey match, Maria thinks that the statement was exclusive.
- I have been playing ice hockey since I was four years old and am used to this way of talking. I have met Prince Daniel and know that he is a fantastic guy but I felt that he could have said it better, because I know he wanted to include us too.
Maria Rooth was delighted with the conversation with Prince Daniel.
The phone rang when Maria Rooth, 39, stood on the ice with her daughters.
"Hi, it's Prince Daniel."
"In the phone, Prince Daniel sounded remorseful and I feel he was serious when he apologized. He wss ashamed", writes Maria in a post on Instagram.
When the call came from Prince Daniel, where he apologized for his comment, Maria Rooth chose to pay tribute to him in the post.
- He told me it's a habit. But to say it out there will be another thing. He was extremely remorseful. I replied that I greatly appreciated his apology and saw this as the way forward: being able to apologize and put things right. More should do so, she says.
- Hockey is a sport for everyone where girls should have the same opportunity to practice the sport. I take every opportunity I can where I can contribute to change.
Margareta Thorgren says that inclusion is an important issue for the royal family and that Prince Daniel acted quickly.
- As soon as the prince realized his mistake, he wanted immediately call Maria Rooth. Although, at the time of the statement, he was in the men's locker room, he obviously wanted to apologize, she says.
Prins Daniels ursäkt efter svaret i ”Året med Kungahuset”

At least Victoria and Estelle attended this afternoon at Sweden International Horse Show's family matinée at Friends Arena.
https://www.instagram.com/p/Bq2fD4whpic/

One more photo of Victoria and Estelle at the Sweden International Horse Show on 1st December, Ponnyexpressen published it today at their Instagram.
It looks like they had Diana Engsäll and Andrea Brodin's mother Eva Benita Brodin with them. Eva Benita has previously worked at the International Horse show and been a member of the board of The Swedish Equestrian Federation.
https://www.instagram.com/p/BtZBkPoHmwJ/

Daniel's friend Bosse Stark from Ockelbo was interviewed by Kuxabladet in January. Bosse has won bronze medal in Special Olympics in 2007 in basket ball. Bosse became interested in filming at school and now he sends all Ockelbo Hockey Clubs home matches at his Youtube channel. And takes photos of fotball matches to the local newspapers. He is wellknown in Ockelbo and in many ways the ambassador of Ockelbo.
Bosse tells about Daniel inaugurating Ugglebo Arena, the multisports Arena in Ockelbo in January 2018:
- I got to know prince Daniel when he was playing icehockey. When Daniel came and gave a lecture about health at the education I participated in 2016, I got the idea that he could inaugurate the Arena. Daniel said that he could call Peter Forsberg and get players to the team. We know eachother, so it was not difficult to come up with the idea. It was mine and Daniel's idea.
Bosse remembers the beginning of 90's, when he saw Mats Sundin going to play in NHL. He became Bosse's idol. Sundin wore hockey jersey nr 13 and Bosse wanted to have the same number.
- When we had the inauguration prince Daniel invited me to the locker room. And Sundin was there with his signed jersey, which he gave to me. I interviewed Lidström, Foppa and Sundin at my web-TV-channel. It is a great memory!
Bosse was welcoming all the hockey stars and was at the locker room before and after the match.
- It was a great feeling during the evening and both teams were happy. I filmed a little during the match and waved when they got into their bus when they were leaving.
Daniel with Bosse at arrival to the inauguration and hockey match
Daniel with Bosse in 2016 when he visited the education Bosse participated.

SL flagged for Victoria - one month too early

Stockholm buses usually flag to celebrate the name day of the heir to the throne.
But on Tuesday they were a little early out. There is still a month to Crown Princess Victoria's name day.
- We have noticed this through our media channels and thought it was a little fun, said Margareta Thorgren.
On a number of the blue buses in Stockholm's inner city, blue-yellow flags had been hoisted on Tuesday morning. It is a tradition on SL to pay attention to the Crown Princess's name day.
But this time someone was a little eager in one of the bus garages.
- We've been out a bit early and mixed up the months together. It is of course on March 12 and not February 12th that the Crown Princess has a name day, says Aleksander Krajisnik at Stockholm's local traffic.
However, it did not take long before an SL traveler who follows the royalties alarmed the wrong flagging. Then it was just to haul the flags on the buses again.
- It was on the blue buses in the inner city they flagged incorrectly, Aleksander Krajisnik says.
The name day mistake was also noticed at the royal house, where it was a little fun that the Crown Princess is now celebrated twice on the buses.
- Everyone can make mistakes sometimes, said Margareta Thorgren.
Kronprinsessans namnsdag_ SL flaggade en månad för tidigt

Expressen's article
Här testar prins Oscar på livet som brandman

It was today in the morning when the prince Daniel and prince Oscar rolled away from Haga Palace to Älvsjö, south of Stockholm, Ulrika Näsholm tells at the court's information department.
Prince Oscar got to meet the firefighters and learn exciting things about the fire engines and about what happens when the alarm goes off. A real dream day for Victoria's and Daniel's Little Prince.
Se bilderna! Prins Oscar på utflykt – fick följa med pappa till brandstationen _ Svensk Damtidning

Last edited:
Looks like a sweet father and son bonding event! So cute seeing Oscar in a little hard hat. He always has such serious little facial expressions.

Svensk Damtidning's court reporters Ellen Myrgård Lindén and Margareta Gotthardsson have started their own vlog podcast "Hovreportrarnas hemligheter" (Court reporters' secrets).

"Victoria and Daniel have that little extra"
Soon, Victoria and Daniel celebrate ten years as engaged and the Svensk Damtidning's royal experts reveal their favorite moments of love in the Crown Princess couple's relationship.
In the first podcast they look back to Victoria's and Daniel's fabulous wedding that took place on June 19, 2010.
Victoria and Daniel celebrate soon ten years as engaged and they seem to be so much in love. What is your favourite moment of love?
It must be Daniel's speech at the wedding. It was so great and well-written and those "I'm so proud of what we have together". And I think you really got an personal insight into Daniel's and Victoria's relationship when Daniel during his speech told about Victoria's letters she had written to him for a long journey abroad, says Ellen.
You also got an insight to their relation with that song at the wedding which Daniel had ordered to Victoria. Björn Skifs and Agnes Carlsson. So great! I want also to have a song! What a dream, especially written to you!
And two years ago Victoria and Daniel were at a concert at the Borgholm Castle ruins and they didn't know that they were photographer. And you got to see how they behave with eachother. They were so loving, with hugs and kisses. It was a special moment. Having been together for so long. But Victoria and Daniel still have that, a little extra between them. And Daniel broke down at the interview at the TV-program on Victoria's 40th birthday, when he spoke about her, because of his love towards her. It is love. Continue with that love, Victoria and Daniel!
Victoria och Daniel har det där lilla extra_ _ Svensk Damtidning

Last edited:
Former icehockey player Maria Rooth tells at her Instagram how Daniel apologized her what he said at "Året med kungafamiljen" at the clip of the inauguration of the new sports hall in Ockelbo.
Daniel was interviewed at men's locker room and he expressed his joy of playing with the "guys".
As women also participated during the opening ceremony and ice hockey match, Maria thinks that the statement was exclusive.
- I have been playing ice hockey since I was four years old and am used to this way of talking. I have met Prince Daniel and know that he is a fantastic guy but I felt that he could have said it better, because I know he wanted to include us too.
Maria Rooth was delighted with the conversation with Prince Daniel.
The phone rang when Maria Rooth, 39, stood on the ice with her daughters.
"Hi, it's Prince Daniel."
"In the phone, Prince Daniel sounded remorseful and I feel he was serious when he apologized. He wss ashamed", writes Maria in a post on Instagram.
When the call came from Prince Daniel, where he apologized for his comment, Maria Rooth chose to pay tribute to him in the post.
- He told me it's a habit. But to say it out there will be another thing. He was extremely remorseful. I replied that I greatly appreciated his apology and saw this as the way forward: being able to apologize and put things right. More should do so, she says.
- Hockey is a sport for everyone where girls should have the same opportunity to practice the sport. I take every opportunity I can where I can contribute to change.
Margareta Thorgren says that inclusion is an important issue for the royal family and that Prince Daniel acted quickly.
- As soon as the prince realized his mistake, he wanted immediately call Maria Rooth. Although, at the time of the statement, he was in the men's locker room, he obviously wanted to apologize, she says.
Prins Daniels ursäkt efter svaret i ”Året med Kungahuset”

Perhaps some of the meaning is lost in the translation from Swedish to English, but my first thought was that in his mention of "playing with the guys" Prince Daniel was referring to his own habit of playing ice hockey with his male friends as opposed to the ice hockey players of Ockelbo generally. But it was well-mannered to apologize for not "saying it better", and it would be nice if Princess Estelle would take up ice hockey.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom