Victoria, Daniel and Family, General News Part 2: September 2010 - June 2014

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Last weeks SvenskDam had "38 things you didn´t know about Daniel", because of his birthday.
Here are some of them:
Daniel describes himself with the words "faithful and secure". He has said that he has to work harder now as a prince than as a gym-owner. Daniel is very romantic and likes to surprise his wife. He likes the band Kent and their song Utan dina andetag, and loves Carola. Daniel is still nervous about interviews, and most afraid to say anything that could be misinterpreted. Daniel´s handicap in golf is four. Daniel likes theater, and he likes to read when he has time. He has always his running shoes with him, where ever he goes. He is a big fan of Asian food and loves mother Eva´s cabbage pudding and Swiss roll. And he loves chocolate. Daniel is said to be unusually competitive, and a really bad loser. He is extremely early riser. Just like Victoria, she never complains when he proposes a training session already at 06.00.

Thanks Lady Finn! I love it when they write articles like that about the royals. I can't remember which magazine it was, but one of them did the same thing when Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge turned 29.

Mikael Jansson´s photo of Victoria from 2002 is one of the things at the Charity Auction for the World Diabetes Day/Juvenile Diabetes Foundation.
1011. MIKAEL JANSSON, född 1958, H.K.H Kronprinsessan

The magazine of the Swedish Railways, Kupé, has made a research with its passengers whom they prefer to sit next to. The first year was the Prime Minister, Fredrik Reinfeldt, who attracted the most. But in both 2010 and 2011, Crown Princess Victoria, the highest in the course.
The choice of the Crown Princess is justified, among other things like this in the responses: "She seems human and natural," "Would be interesting to hear about her every day" and "She is knowledgeable in so many areas.
Skulle också vilja prata med henne om andlighet”.​
Would also like to talk to her about spirituality."
SJ AB - Kronprinsessan Victoria populärast hos SJ - Mynewsdesk
Google Translate

Last edited:
Royal summer camp in Åbyggeby
In August 2012 Ockelbo invites, along with Daniel and Victoria, young people from big cities to Åbyggeby Rural Center for a camp among animals and nature.
Ockelbo Municipality's wedding gift to Daniel and Victoria (in addition to the Ockelbo costumes) was to organize a camp for young people. The idea was originally that the camp would be held in 2011.
- But then we got busy with the visit, said the municipality's development manager Karin Strömberg, which will now be putting together a steering group in a hurry to get started with planning.
Kungligt sommarläger i Åbyggeby - Ockelbo - arbetarbladet
Google Translate

The Crown Princess Couple´s Wedding Foundation has so far this year given money to:

El Sistema - Hammarkullen 100,000 SEK
Hertsöskolans IF 100,000 SEK
Fryshuset - Children of single mothers 100,000 SEK
Ansökan - Sveriges Kungahus [NS4 version]

When Daniel inaugurated Idrottshögskolan (Sports School) in Gothenburg on 17th March, he said that he would like to return there with more time.
Daniel returned to the Idrottshögskolan at the University of Gothenburg with Victoria on 1st September. The day before Daniel and Victoria had visited Gothenburg on a official visit. They stayed there and continued their visit as private the next day. Daniel had said that he wanted himself test the laboratory components of the Sports School in Skånegatan.
Daniel began with a technology improvement of the golf swing - he has a good 4 handicap in golf - in the so-called motion lab, where a multitude of electrodes are attached to both to the head and the training clothing. After that he took a half hour endurance test in the cardiorespiratory room to end with a slightly longer muscle strength testing in the isokinetic strength room.
Victoria was enthusiastic about what she saw:
- An incredibly clear way to learn about the biomechanics and physiology. This is good for both elite and those who exercise. It´s easy to understand what muscular strength and endurance is all about.
Kronprinsessparet på Idrottshögskolan - Göteborgs universitet
Google translation

Because of Aftonbladet´s investigations, the Swedish National Agency for Higher Education started an investigation if it is legal that Daniel is studying at the Karolinska Institutet by paying his studies.
On Friday Karolinska Institutet send it´s reply to the Swedish National Agency for Higher Education. The Director of the Institutet, Bengt Norrving said:
- The role as a member of the royal family with its extensive function and public funding should be equated with the role as employee.
Karolinska Institutet therefore considers that the mission the education of Prince Daniel is not illegal.
Higher Education can not currently say when a decision on the matter will be published:
- We will look at what they have said, and eventually come up with our assessment, said Michael Herjevik from the Higher Education.
Beslut närmar sig om prins Daniels utbildning | Aftonbladet

Victoria has given an interview to the World Child & Youth Forum:
Kronprinsessan intervjuas om World Child & Youth Forum - Sveriges Kungahus
Google translation
Google Kääntäjä
The royal family (except Carl Philip) will participate in the World Child & Youth Forum on Thursday.

Finnish Iltalehti quotes Expressen: Daniel uses Facebook very actively. He uses a secret name, which somehow is connected to his real identity. In Facebook Daniel has his closest friends as his Facebook-friends. The director of the Information and Press Department, Bertil Ternert refused to comment the secret identity of Daniel. Ternert also said that the swedish royal court is considering to become active in social media, like the british royal court and the crown prince couple of Norway, which have their own Facebook-site and Twitter.
Prinssi Daniel on salaa Facebookissa! | Viihde | Iltalehti.fi

Last edited:
Finnish Iltalehti quotes Expressen: Daniel uses Facebook very actively. He uses a secret name, which somehow is connected to his real identity. In Facebook Daniel has his closest friends as his Facebook-friends. The director of the Information and Press Department, Bertil Ternert refused to comment the secret identity of Daniel. Ternert also said that the swedish royal court is considering to become active in social media, like the british royal court and the crown prince couple of Norway, which have their own Facebook-site and Twitter.
Prinssi Daniel on salaa Facebookissa! | Viihde | Iltalehti.fi

I think that will be a step in the right direction. ;)

I think that will be a step in the right direction. ;)

Ternert is speaking abougt it because Daniel and Victoria mentioned a long time ago in their interview that the royal court could use social media.

Ternert is speaking abougt it because Daniel and Victoria mentioned a long time ago in their interview that the royal court could use social media.
Yes, and since then they've done nothing about it. So it would be nice if they finally started to use social media to promote their work, we're in 21st century after all.

Yes, and since then they've done nothing about it. So it would be nice if they finally started to use social media to promote their work, we're in 21st century after all.

Well, Victoria and Daniel can´t do nothing about it, if the King says no. It was made very clear in the TV-programs before the wedding, that the King is the one who has the final word, in everything regarding the work of the royal court.

Well, Victoria and Daniel can´t do nothing about it, if the King says no. It was made very clear in the TV-programs before the wedding, that the King is the one who has the final word, in everything regarding the work of the royal court.
But we don't know if he said no. At least I'm not aware of any such a comment. I just think that the social media are a way to go for every royal family, not just the Swedish one. In these days you have to be visible otherwise people think you're doing nothing.

Wow, Ternert refusing to comment. That's certainly a step in the right direction!

A few weeks ago there was an interview of Carl Johan (the king´s uncle) and Gunnila Bernadotte at SvenskDam.
Count Carl Johan of:
Crown Princess Victoria
- She is wonderful, warm, and has our greatest admiration. There's no doubt on that she is the best who fits in her role. She is meant to be a queen.
Prince Daniel
- I think he is absolutely fantastic. It is as though he had never done anything else. Calm and sensible. We have become very close, he is a physical person who likes to hug and once he helped me when I was about to fall.
About that Victoria and Daniel are expecting a baby:
- We are so happy for them! It is wonderful, and the best thing that could happen to the monarchy.

LadyFinn said:
A few weeks ago there was an interview of Carl Johan (the king´s uncle) and Gunnila Bernadotte at SvenskDam.
Count Carl Johan of:
Crown Princess Victoria
- She is wonderful, warm, and has our greatest admiration. There's no doubt on that she is the best who fits in her role. She is meant to be a queen.
Prince Daniel
- I think he is absolutely fantastic. It is as though he had never done anything else. Calm and sensible. We have become very close, he is a physical person who likes to hug and once he helped me when I was about to fall.
- We are so happy for them! It is wonderful, and the best thing that could happen to the monarchy.

Is there a link for this LadyFinn (asks the person too lazy to search for herself)?

Is there a link for this LadyFinn (asks the person too lazy to search for herself)?

No, the big interview made because of the 95th birthday of Carl Johan Bernadotte was only at the paper version of SvenskDam.

Last edited:
LadyFinn said:
No, the big interview made because of the 95th birthday of Carl Johan Bernadotte was only at the paper version of SvenskDam.

Oh, that's a shame. Thank you for the little tidbits anyway.

Count Carl Johan of:
Crown Princess Victoria
Prince Daniel
Very warm words...I wish both of them to live so long to see the baby!:flowers:

Last year two girls, Matilda Wöhrer and Isabelle Blume from the school Franserudskolan began to write a story about crown princess Victoria and Daniel. Last fall, when it was finished, the girls sent their story to the crown princess couple. Now the girls have got a letter from the crown princess couple´s press secretary. In the letter is is told that the story became very appreciated at court. In addition to the letter, both girls got a photo card of Victoria and Daniel.
Franserudsskolan: Fick brev från hovet
Google translation

Last edited:
:previous:
That is a rather sweet story. And congrats to those two girls for writing on story four pages long in the second grade.:flowers:

I found this article of spanish Diario Sur from 22nd November, according to it Victoria and Daniel visited Nerja (where it is rumoured they have bought a house) in August for a few days. The visit was private, but is has been confirmed from many sources.
El verano azul de la princesa Victoria de Suecia. SUR.es
Google translation

Spanish gossip magazine Olive Press had a couple of weeks ago article about Victoria and Daniel having bought an expensive house from Nerja.
Princess of Sweden snaps up townhouse in Nerja | Olive Press Newspaper Spain | News
The article has many odd points: Victoria hasn´t broken up with her father and the very dutiful Victoria and Daniel hardly would spend half of the year living in Spain...

Victoria had dinner with her friends at the viking pub Aifur owned by eurodance-artist E-type on Wednesday. They were sitting at the same table with the video editor from Scanpix, who writes about it on his blog. According to him Victoria looked round and cuddly pregnant. Well-being. Laughing, everything looking good for the heir.
Marko: Kungligt på E-types krog
Google translation
http://www.aifur.se/

SvenskDam writes that they have been told that Victoria has began a Christmas tradition at the Haga Palace: She has been baking gingerbread with her girlfriends and their children in the large castle kitchen at Haga.

SvenskDam writes that they have been told that Victoria has began a Christmas tradition at the Haga Palace: She has been baking gingerbread with her girlfriends and their children in the large castle kitchen at Haga.
She grew up baking gingerbread with her family so I am sure this is something that has great meaning to her. A very wonderful Swedish tradition that is being carried forward around the world by children and grand-children of us that were born and raised in Sweden and baked with our own families.

Last edited:
The Swedish National Agency for Higher Education concluded today, that Daniel´s studying at the Karolinska Institutet is not illegal.
- Board does not find reason to criticize the university because it provided training mission, writes University Chancellor Lars Haikola in the decision.
He notes that Prince Daniel has not formally an employment relationship, but it still is like a job.
He gives Karolinska Institutet the right to "make such an analogical application of the rules" and decides that it was not a mistake to mandate training for the prince.
The National Agency's decisions can not be appealed. Consequently, Prince Daniel continues his education in Physiology at KI. The plan is that he will read 30 points in physiology during four semesters.
Prins Daniels kurs på KI inte olaglig | Nyheter | Aftonbladet

I did not know that Prince Daniel was pursuing his education in Physiology- is focusing on Sports Physiology?

I have never understood why people are making such a fuss over Daniel's studies. He is obviously passionate about the connection between health and physical exercise, and these studies will only benefit his role as a Prince of Sweden and Sweden itself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom