Tiaras and Jewels for Prince Harry's Future Wife

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
This might be the Tiara assigned to Harry's future Wife.. Originally owned by Queen Mary, and [either] commissioned by her or purchased by her from Dowager Empress Marie Feodorovna of Russia [during her exile].
The Sapphire [?] centrepiece is thought to be detachable, allowing other coloured stones to replace it, making it extremely versatile.
In the Vault, and unseen for decades it it here worn by the young Princess Margaret.

Attachments

• mags.jpg
    mags.jpg
    27.1 KB · Views: 121
Do we know if it's still intact?

LaRae

Do we know if it's still intact?

No we don't, but it hasn't appeared at Auction, nor has their been a whisper about its destruction. Its one of the MANY 'Mysteries of the Vault'.

I would love if they took one of the historic necklaces and set them as a tiara. They have some fantastic pieces, add some new bling via an old piece.
Yes as long as it's a better design than Sophie's wedding tiara.

The second. Daenerys specifically asked the double meander, which is the second, which belonged to the queen mum.

The first is more commonly referred to as the Greek keY, though it is in a meander style. And it belongs to Anne. I don't see Harry's wife wearing it.

Yes, the Double Meander. The aigrette portion has already been removed. But I still have my fingers crossed for the Strathmore Rose.

The second. Daenerys specifically asked the double meander, which is the second, which belonged to the queen mum.

The first is more commonly referred to as the Greek keY, though it is in a meander style. And it belongs to Anne. I don't see Harry's wife wearing it.

Thank you, Countessmeout. :flowers:

HTML:
Yes as long as it's a better design than Sophie's wedding tiara.

I was thinking more along the lines of a full necklace being converted. Thinking like CP Mary's new one. Not a cobbled together disaster like Sophie.

Totally agree. While the Strathmore is lovely, worn on top of the hair it doesn't have much wow. If worn on the wedding, like the halo, would get lost under the veil. But worn bandeau style across the forehead, would look fantastic. And I think Meghan has enough style she would take that chance, and rock it.

That Strathmore Rose tiara is just beautiful! A shame we don't see it.

LaRae

If I'm remembering right, the Strathmore Rose was a top contender in the guessing forums leading up to William and Kate's wedding and actually was my favorite with the Halo being second. I have to admit that I was glued to the TV set and holding my breath waiting for Kate to walk out of the hotel and into the car to head to Westminster Abbey.

For some reason though, my gut feeling is that should there be a wedding, Meghan will opt out for simplicity and perhaps just wear a garland of flowers in her hair. Both Meghan and Kate seem prefer to be minimalistic when it comes to jewelry.

As Harry's Duchess, I would imagine that she'd be pretty much like Kate but the idea of being a bit "different" such as wearing a bandeau does fit with the image I have of Meghan. Will be interesting to watch.

If I'm remembering right, the Strathmore Rose was a top contender in the guessing forums leading up to William and Kate's wedding and actually was my favorite with the Halo being second. I have to admit that I was glued to the TV set and holding my breath waiting for Kate to walk out of the hotel and into the car to head to Westminster Abbey.

For some reason though, my gut feeling is that should there be a wedding, Meghan will opt out for simplicity and perhaps just wear a garland of flowers in her hair. Both Meghan and Kate seem prefer to be minimalistic when it comes to jewelry.

As Harry's Duchess, I would imagine that she'd be pretty much like Kate but the idea of being a bit "different" such as wearing a bandeau does fit with the image I have of Meghan. Will be interesting to watch.

I think I disagree with Kate going minimalist with jewelry. That was true early in her marriage, but we've seen her wear three different tiaras in just five tiara appearances, and she's been wearing the Queen's magnificent wedding gift bracelet on the regular. Plus those earrings at the BAFTAs- wow. She gets more and more comfortable using the big stuff every year.

I imagine Meghan or whoever Harry marries will go through a similar evolution over time, but I'm about 90% certain she'd wear a tiara on her wedding day, if only to play to crowd expectations. (It was rumored, though never confirmed, that Kate considered not wearing one and was urged to reconsider)

I love the idea of Meghan in the Strathmore as a bandeau. It didn't occur to me before last night, but now it would delight my tiara loving heart so 1) Harry, I'm going to need you to get on making that engagement happen and 2) Meghan, I'm going to need your stylist to come to this board for inspiration, k?

:)

Didn't Catherine already wear the Strathmore Rose? It would indicate it's one her working tiaras.

British royals usually don't share tiaras.

Edit: Wrong tiara. Catharine wore the Lotus Flower

Last edited:
Didn't Catherine already wear the Strathmore Rose? It would indicate it's one her working tiaras.

British royals usually don't share tiaras.

No, Catherine has never worn it. You may be thinking of the Lotus.

If she wore it...I've totally forgotten about it.....hmmm

LaRae

I suspect a new tiara will be acquired for Harry's wife. Plenty are available on London at quite attractive prices. The will allow the current collection to remain intact and pass down the main line of the BRF

I suspect a new tiara will be acquired for Harry's wife. Plenty are available on London at quite attractive prices. The will allow the current collection to remain intact and pass down the main line of the BRF

Hmm- I doubt it actually because there are so many in the collection going unused that it seems like a wasteful extravagance. Easy enough to keep it in the main line by making it a lifetime loan instead of personal property.

What may be an alternative here is to create a new tiara for Harry's bride with the jewels set in the tiara being some that were actually from Diana's jewelry box. This way, both boys have presented their wives with something memorable from the mother they loved dearly as they get engaged and married.

It would be along the lines of the DoE using his mother's diamonds to create the wedding bracelet that he had designed and had made for the then Princess Elizabeth. We've seem Kate wearing Diana's engagement ring and the Lover's Knot tiara that is a big association with Diana. With having a tiara created for Harry's bride, in future years as she attends tiara functions, her own tiara with the jewels passed down from Diana will make a stunning go to piece.

Sorry to be a buzzkill but I think we need to consider the possibility that if Prince Harry does marry Meghan Markle, they won't have a big church wedding with a tiara. Now I'm not saying whether it's right or wrong but if Prince Harry were to marry a divorcée they would most likely follow the model set by Prince Charles and the Duchess of Cornwall with a civil ceremony followed by a religious blessing. Princess Anne's second marriage was also a smaller ceremony without a tiara. I'm sure Meghan is a lovely woman and I don't think the royal family will care on a personal level that she has been married before but just going by the precedent that's been set I don't think we'll see her wear a tiara if she does marry Prince Harry. That's just for the wedding, I sure there will be plenty of tiaras afterward.
That aside I think Queen Mary's Sapphire Bandeau would look stunning on her.

What may be an alternative here is to create a new tiara for Harry's bride with the jewels set in the tiara being some that were actually from Diana's jewelry box. This way, both boys have presented their wives with something memorable from the mother they loved dearly as they get engaged and married.

It would be along the lines of the DoE using his mother's diamonds to create the wedding bracelet that he had designed and had made for the then Princess Elizabeth. We've seem Kate wearing Diana's engagement ring and the Lover's Knot tiara that is a big association with Diana. With having a tiara created for Harry's bride, in future years as she attends tiara functions, her own tiara with the jewels passed down from Diana will make a stunning go to piece.
Which of Diana's jewels do you think could be used for this tiara?

I think Harry's future wife will get Diana's Saudi sapphire jewels and the huge sapphire and pearl choker.

Sorry to be a buzzkill but I think we need to consider the possibility that if Prince Harry does marry Meghan Markle, they won't have a big church wedding with a tiara. Now I'm not saying whether it's right or wrong but if Prince Harry were to marry a divorcée they would most likely follow the model set by Prince Charles and the Duchess of Cornwall with a civil ceremony followed by a religious blessing. Princess Anne's second marriage was also a smaller ceremony without a tiara. I'm sure Meghan is a lovely woman and I don't think the royal family will care on a personal level that she has been married before but just going by the precedent that's been set I don't think we'll see her wear a tiara if she does marry Prince Harry. That's just for the wedding, I sure there will be plenty of tiaras afterward.
That aside I think Queen Mary's Sapphire Bandeau would look stunning on her.

Charles and Camilla were

1 charles the future head of the church so held to different standards

2 Camilla was involved in the breakup of the guest marriage which is a no go for most remarriage in the church

3 they were an older couple who already had a large religious wedding

None of these apply to Harry. Harry is not the future head of the church. He was not involved in Meghan's divorce. And neither are they older, or have either already done a church wedding.

Anne was older, a mother if two and gas the big church wedding. Many second marriages under those conditions choose a smaller event. She also had to marry in Scotland which ruled out larger venues, because of the Anglican Church.

They will have a much smaller wedding but no reason to believe they'd pull a Charles. There was a lot of controversy of him only having a civil one.

As for the Saudi sapphires I hope not. Kate us already so associated with the sapphires and not simply the ring. Diana has other jewels. Pick another coloured set for Meghan.

I've said it here before- the Strathmore Rose worn bandeau style would be spectacular on Meghan. Unique and pretty and I think, pretty instantly iconic.

I think these conversations are perhaps a bit premature. That said, I think Harry's wife may end up with a tiara being acquired for her.

Hmmm whomever he marries, surely they have enough tiaras laying around for her to use?

LaRae

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom