The Royal Family Order (RFO) and other Royal Orders and Decorations 2: Sep 2022-

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I read an article in the Sun I believe that said HM will use his racing colors for his wreath that he'll lay at the Cenotaph.... perhaps a clue to what his RFO might look like.

I suspect Meghan, Lilibet, Beatrice, Eugenie, Zara, Louise and Princess Michael will miss out.

Defiantly Princess Michael of Kent as her husband has retired and unless she attends a State Gala we will know for sure.

I think he should give the RFO to all female members (barring Meghan, for obvious reasons). It’s a family order and that’s exactly how it should be treated

I think Charles will limit his family order to working royals only so:

Camilla
Catherine
Sophie
Anne
Birgitte
Alexandra

maybe the Duchess of Kent as she is the wife of a working royal and is now retired from public life but she may get it.

I don't see him ever giving it to his nieces.

Charlotte may get it but I suspect that if he gives it to her he will also give it to Lilibet.

Of course as the non-working royals won't appear anywhere where they can wear the RFO I suspect we will never find out anyway.

I think the recipients of the RFO will be Camilla, Catherine, Sophie, Anne and possibly, Birgitte. Alexandra is virtually in retirement, carrying out a few engagements a year only.

I wonder will we see the new RFO at the upcoming State Visit from South Africa?

I wonder will we see the new RFO at the upcoming State Visit from South Africa?

I so do hope so, but I do not know what the protocol is, and if they will be issued before the Coronation.

I so do hope so, but I do not know what the protocol is, and if they will be issued before the Coronation.

The late queen issued them in 1952 ahead of her Coronation.

1952: Queen Elizabeth The Queen Mother
1952: Queen Mary
1952: The Princess Margaret
1952: The Princess Royal
1952: The Duchess of Gloucester,
1952: Princess Marina, Duchess of Kent
1952: Princess Alice, Countess of Athlone
1952: Princess Alexandra of Kent.

The late queen issued them in 1952 ahead of her Coronation.

1952: Queen Elizabeth The Queen Mother
1952: Queen Mary
1952: The Princess Margaret
1952: The Princess Royal
1952: The Duchess of Gloucester,
1952: Princess Marina, Duchess of Kent
1952: Princess Alice, Countess of Athlone
1952: Princess Alexandra of Kent.

Great. I do hope the King follows his mother in that he awards RFOs to key members of his family soon.

It will be interesting to see what materials are used for portrait in the order. I'm expecting it will be the glass that was used for Catherine's order, and would be a bit surprised if it was ivory. I'm also really looking forward to finding out what color or colors the ribbon will be.

Great. I do hope the King follows his mother in that he awards RFOs to key members of his family soon.

Yes lets hope so and my guess would be
The Queen Consort
The Princess of Wales
The Princess Royal
The Countess of Wessex
The Duchess of Gloucester
Princess Alexandra

Maybe Duchess of Kent?

It will be interesting to see what materials are used for portrait in the order. I'm expecting it will be the glass that was used for Catherine's order, and would be a bit surprised if it was ivory. I'm also really looking forward to finding out what color or colors the ribbon will be.

Oh yes, I think there’s zero chance of ivory being used again and that all new orders will be the porcelain type Catherine uses. I kind of hope the ribbon is green.

I agree, it is probably glass or some other similar material that will be used.

Yes lets hope so and my guess would be
The Queen Consort
The Princess of Wales
The Princess Royal
The Countess of Wessex
The Duchess of Gloucester
Princess Alexandra

Maybe Duchess of Kent?

I am sure Camilla, Catherine, Anne and Sophie will receive the RFO quite soon. I hope Birgitte gets it. I am not so sure about Alexandra, she is semi-retired, and only conducts a few engagements. I would not expect the Duchess of Kent to receive it.

If we get the same amount of insight as we got into the late Queen's family order, the Duchess of Kent's status will probably be an eternal mystery. Maybe it will turn up in the 22nd century at the 6th duke's estate sale or some such.

I am sure Camilla, Catherine, Anne and Sophie will receive the RFO quite soon. I hope Birgitte gets it. I am not so sure about Alexandra, she is semi-retired, and only conducts a few engagements. I would not expect the Duchess of Kent to receive it.

I'm sure Alexandra will receive it. She still does engagements and has always attended State banquets and health permitting she will be at the Coronation. Charles has always seemed to have great respect for her and it would've nice to see her wear the 3 family orders-the most any royal lady would now have.

I would hope that in King Charles Family Order the make the ribbon smaller and not so big like the ones of Queen Elizabeth II. and King George VI. as i think it overshadows the Portrait a bit. Perhaps more like the ones used for the norwegian and danish Family Orders where there is a bow on top from which the Order Portrait is hanging.

That is assuming there will be a Coronation Ball or Banquet.

If the ceremony itself is being cut down as reported - from 3 hours to 1 hour meaning over 2/3rd of the 1953 and earlier ceremonies has to go, especially as there is the additional crowning of a Queen Consort to include - I can see a lot of the peripheral events also going.

Even if their is a Coronation Ball or Banquet I don't see the King inviting non-working royals to such events. I get the feeling that we will only see the line-up we have seen tis weekend at any future events, and even then, maybe not all of them.

Tomorrow is South African SV to UK, and the mystery about the RFO continues... The ribbon color how would be?

Tomorrow is South African SV to UK, and the mystery about the RFO continues... The ribbon color how would be?

Hopefully we see tomorrow, if new orders have already been made. I hope for green for the ribbon.

Green seems to be the most popular guess for the Kings RFO. A lovely pale green would be a nice continuation from the past few colours of the RFO's. However, part of me thinks it might be too soon for the new RFO's, I'm not sure how long it takes paint miniature portraits and create diamond frames but two months seems a bit quick. We shall see tomorrow!

Green seems to be the most popular guess for the Kings RFO. A lovely pale green would be a nice continuation from the past few colours of the RFO's. However, part of me thinks it might be too soon for the new RFO's, I'm not sure how long it takes paint miniature portraits and create diamond frames but two months seems a bit quick. We shall see tomorrow!

That’s true but it’s also possible the portraits and jewelry were made in the past few years as part of the planning.

I believe they may already have the new orders placed as part of lasts years plannings.
But it's wait and see, tomorrow we'll find out.

Somehow I wouldn't be surprised to see the King use the colors of his racing silks again. It would be consistent with their use on the wreath placed at the Cenotaph.

Somehow I wouldn't be surprised to see the King use the colors of his racing silks again. It would be consistent with their use on the wreath placed at the Cenotaph.

I think that would be tough, since the colors are scarlet, purple and gold and the royal family orders have traditionally been a single color in a pastel shade. (Light yellow for the Queen, light pink for George VI and light blue for George V I believe)

Pastel colors would be nice.

So once Charles distributes his orders to the female working royals, will Princess Alexandra be the only one with 3 orders?

Back
Top Bottom