The Prince of Wales Current Events 5: April-June 2007

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Who's the dude set in wax? Can't be Prince Charles!:eek:

kaffir said:
OMG look how miserable Charles looks!

I thought I was the only one who thought Charles looked unhappy in that photo.

chrissy57 said:
I thought I was the only one who thought Charles looked unhappy in that photo.
No, you are not the only one! :flowers:

kaffir said:
If that was a kind of official photograph, just imagine how he (or both) must have looked in the others of that series.... ;)

She looks quite pleased with herself IMHO whereas he looks very downcast.

Sort of makes you wonder....

chrissy57 said:
She looks quite pleased with herself IMHO whereas he looks very downcast.

Sort of makes you wonder....

I thought as well about the pic and started to wonder myself why a bride would select a pic to give away with a dedication in which only she looks happy but her groom not. Didn't she really look at that pic and see him? Did she only see herself? Or wasn't she thinking about it? Or was she already used to seeing him unhappy when he was with her?

One wonders, right.

Prince set for awards dinner

Prince Charles is to be the guest of honour at a business awards dinner to be held in the Capital.
He will address an audience of business leaders at the Scottish Business in the Community awards at Prestonfield House.

Skydragon said:
Students' fury at 'censorship'

STUDENTS at the Edinburgh College of Art have claimed exhibits for an upcoming show have been censored - because Prince Charles is due to attend

Edinburgh Evening News - Students' fury at 'censorship'

Or is the censorship because some of the 'art' was rubbish! :rolleyes:

:ROFLMAO: That was good with a great sense of humour. And, probably correct !:ROFLMAO: :lol:

Royal backing for woolsack race

The annual woolsack race in Gloucestershire is being backed by Prince Charles.
In the trial of endurance, race participants carry a sack of wool up and down the steep Gumstool hill in Tetbury, between two pubs. Prince Charles has donated a signed copy of his new book, Organic Gardening, to raise money at the event in a charity auction.

kaffir said:

Was he caught in a sentence or was trying to listen to a question that was proposed to him, since the press was there taking the picture. Remember the BBC report in Switzerland where the Prince was quite miffed at one of the reporters?

love_cc said:
thanks for the news. I feel exicting to know that HRH has chosen Lang Lang to play the premium. It is a great honour and it is really very special. And know I am getting more and more perspectives to see how deep his emotional attachment towards the queen mother. Such a nice and lovely grandson of him!

But this lovely gesture of memorial for the Queen Mother will be totally overshadowed, obliterated even by the Diana concert, scheduled for the first day of the same month.

iceflower said:
Prince Charles visits Co Fermanagh. 24 May 2007:
Is this County Fermanagh, somewhere in Northern Ireland?

Last edited by a moderator:
A speech by HRH The Prince Charles, Duke of Rothesay to mark 25 years of Scottish Business in the Community, Prestonfield House Hotel, Edinburgh

We are here of course to to help celebrations on two notable fronts; first of all, to recognize the impact which so many businesses are now making on issues of great concern to society, and second, of course, to mark 25 years of Scottish Business in the Community, really a remarkable milestone and about which I will say more in a moment…

The Prince of Wales - A speech by HRH The Prince Charles, Duke of Rothesay to mark 25 years of Scottish Business in the Community, Prestonfield House Hotel, Edinburgh

Claire Jones to become new Official Harpist to HRH The Prince of Wales

Winner of the Welsh National Eisteddfod 2006, and one of Wales’ brightest young talents, harpist Claire Jones is to become Official Harpist to HRH The Prince of Wales.
Claire will make her debut in the role at a black-tie dinner for Assembly Members, hosted by Their Royal Highnesses The Prince of Wales and The Duchess of Cornwall at Cardiff Castle on Wednesday 6th June.
The post of Official Harpist to HRH The Prince of Wales was reinstated in 2000 to help celebrate and foster musical talent in Wales and to raise the profile of the harp as an instrument. Claire is the third person to take on the role, following in the footsteps of acclaimed harpist Catrin Finch and the current postholder, Jemima Phillips who was appointed in July 2004.

I was lucky enough to hear this girl play, I love the harp and have to say her music brought tears to my eyes! :angel:

Thanks for those milla Ca, it looks as if he had a fun filled time! :flowers:

How about that Honda Civic huh?! I know he wanted to drive that one home to show Milla! :ROFLMAO:
More of the same.... Here's an article from a Saab website. It says he gave the royal thumbs-up for the new Saab BioPower car.
Saab News | Saab helps drive for cleaner heir

Last edited:
Prince William was nowhere in sight, yet Caroline Davies can't shake her daydreaming of him on his motorbike! :ROFLMAO: :D

Last edited:
Prince of Wales made ICAEW honorary member

ICAEW gives out first every honorary membership, to Prince Charles. Dyson welcomes him to the institute during his inaugural speech.

Prince of Wales made ICAEW honorary member - Accountancy Age

Prince Charles becomes Royal Patron of the Great Fen Project

BREAKING NEWS 3PM: His Royal Highness The Prince of Wales has become the Royal Patron of the Great Fen Project - one of the most ambitious and expansive conservation projects in Europe

http://www.peterboroughtoday.co.uk/ViewArticle.aspx?sectionid=845&articleid=2938057

Last edited:
milla Ca said:
The Prince of Wales named the most influential conservationist in the UK
7th June

HRH was chosen out of a list of the UK´s 20 most influential conservation heroes by a panel of leading conservationists for BBC Wildlife Magazine.

The Prince of Wales - The Prince of Wales named the most influential conservationist in the UK

:clap: :clap: :clap:

That's wonderful news, thank you for sharing milla Ca! :flowers:
Prince Charles definitely deserves this honour. :)

I'm glad Sir David Attenborough came second, I've always admired him and the work he does.

milla Ca said:
The Prince of Wales named the most influential conservationist in the UK
7th June
:clap: :clap: :clap:
Wonderful news, thanks milla Ca. :flowers:

Ah what wonderful news I am waking up to on my birthday (on top of the sweet PMs I have from some of the members) to learn of the Prince's latest honor. I am so happy about this. I also just saw the photos of him in Wales from the Hello! site and they are stunning photos. The Prince and Duchess clearly enjoyed their engagements this week. They have been so much fun they forgot to call me for my birthday! :lol: Well, I suppose I can forgive them this one time, hehe! :ROFLMAO:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom