The Duke of Cambridge Current Events 2: January 2014 - July 2018

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
^^^ Yes. I posted in his charities thread. William is patron of Child Bereavement UK

Just saw that a minute ago. That fact escaped my memory. Thank you for your answer.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

Richard Palmer ‏@RoyalReporter
The Duke of Cambridge will also visit St John's College, Cambridge to open the School of Pythagoras Archive Centre on October 15.

Carolyn Durand ‏@CarolynDurand
#PrinceWilliam will visit St John's College at Cambridge to open the School of Pythagoras Centre on October 15

The school of what??

I was in SPED for math. As complicated as we ever got was division. And my teachers were thrilled when I learned that!
So sorry I missed that! Not! And I seem to be doing OK in life without it!
Sounds thrilling! Oh what William does for England! At least he also gets to have fun with the kids from CBT that day....

The School of Pythagoras is the oldest building of St Johns College Cambridge built near year 1200. Currently it's the college archive center. Thanks Wikipedia ?

Pythagoras theorem is a2 + b2=c2 where a, b , c are sides of a triangle

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

Ah good- William won't be bored out of his mind...

I was in SPED for math. As complicated as we ever got was division. And my teachers were thrilled when I learned that!
So sorry I missed that! Not! And I seem to be doing OK in life without it!
Sounds thrilling! Oh what William does for England! At least he also gets to have fun with the kids from CBT that day....

I was not in special SpEd for math,,but I fond it next to impossible, and quite useless. Honestly, unless a person is going into medicine, computer science/any science field, or engineering, anything beyond the basics is a waste of time. I'm not using algebra, or trigonometry in my field, or in life, and like you, I'm doing just fine. For William's sake, I hope the event is not too boring. Heaven knows I'd be falling asleep after about five seconds at anything math/science-related.

The School of Pythagoras is the oldest building of St Johns College Cambridge built near year 1200. Currently it's the college archive center. Thanks Wikipedia ?

Pythagoras theorem is a2 + b2=c2 where a, b , c are sides of a triangle

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

Oh, I remember that formula! I'm thankful for it being easier than the quadratic equation.

A Cambridge college will welcome back one of its former students this week, to officially re-open one of its most famous buildings.

Many students like to return to their college after graduating from university, but for one former scholar it's a case of business before pleasure when he visits on Thursday.

Prince William completed a 10-week agricultural course at St John's College last year, to prepare him for taking on his inheritance of the Duchy of Cornwall.

The course saw him commute to Cambridge for lectures and seminars with fellow PhD students, on private a course designed specifically for him.
Read more: Right royal appointment for Prince William, as he returns to his former Cambridge college | Cambridge News

Prince William is back in Cambridge this afternoon as he returns to St John's College to officially re-open one of its most famous buildings.

The Duke of Cambridge studied at the Cambridge University college last year and is officially opening its newly-refurbished School of Pythagoras – the county's oldest surviving secular building.
Pictures: Prince William arrives at St John's College, Cambridge to re-open School of Pythagoras - pictures | Cambridge News

Prince opens School of Pythagoras £2m archive centre in Cambridge - BBC News

Last edited:
Video:
The Duke of Cambridge has officially opened the School of Pythagoras Archive at St John's College today, during a visit to the University of Cambridge. His Royal Highness met staff at the new centre and was presented with a souvenir of the Magna Carta, after unveiling a commemorative plaque to mark his visit. .

Home - ITNSource News

Between events with Harry at the Leadenhall Building and giving his speech on wildlife conservation, William also carried out 2 other events (Source CC 19/10)

The Duke of Cambridge, Patron, Shackleton Solo Expedition, this afternoon received Mr Henry Worsley and presented him with an expedition flag ahead of his journey to the South Pole.

His Royal Highness received Mr Ma Yun (Founder and Executive Chairman, Alibaba Group).

These took place at Kensington Palace.

5 events in one day!

William was doing investitures today

BritishMonarchy @BritishMonarchy
The Duke of Cambridge, President of the @FA, will present Frank Lampard with his #OBE at today's #Investiture
https://twitter.com/BritishMonarchy/status/658959748059013120

Michael Bond, creator of @paddingtonbear, is made a #CBE by The Duke of Cambridge at Buckingham Palace
https://twitter.com/BritishMonarchy/status/659008952928247808

Congratulations Parkash Ahluwalia #MBE, the first Asian policewoman and female councillor in Derby
https://twitter.com/BritishMonarchy/status/659019004284157956

12 Years A Slave actor Chiwetel Ejiofor given a CBE by Prince William | Daily Mail Online

Christine Bleakley watches fiance Frank Lampard receive an OBE at Buckingham Palace | Daily Mail Online

Last edited:
The Duke of Cambridge will present honours to 82 recipients at an #Investiture at Buckingham Palace this morning

It is quite clear that William has substantially stepped up the number of public engagements he carries out

It is quite clear that William has substantially stepped up the number of public engagements he carries out
I agree. And even when he doesn't do more engagements they have become more "heavy" or cermonial.

I agree. And even when he doesn't do more engagements they have become more "heavy" or cermonial.

I agree with you. He has been doing more in terms of things that will be part of his duties as monarch. I think investiture are probably enjoyable to William since he's amazing with people.

Robert Jobson ‏@theroyaleditor
#PrinceWilliam will make 3rd visit to #Birmingham in 3 years on 7 Dec. @KensingtonRoyal has announced.

During #PrinceWilliam #Birmingham visit on 7/12 he will see The Football for Peace which encourages social cohesion by using football

#PrinceWilliam on 7/12 will also @DianaAward Bournville College on how anti-bullying campaign is helping youngsters appreciate "diversity"

#PrinceWilliam will visit St. Basils, who support homeless young people, or those at risk of becoming homeless, across the West Midlands.

Diana Award

Football 4 Peace International

Home - St. Basils

Last edited:
Future events:

Monday 7th December 2015

The Duke of Cambridge will visit Birmingham for a day of engagements on Monday 7 December. This will be The Duke's third visit to the city in as many years. As on previous occasions, His Royal Highness will visit organisations that help bring different communities together and support young people who find themselves in vulnerable positions.

• Visit Football for Peace initiative at Saltley Academy
•Attend Diana Award at Bournville College
•Visit the "Live and Work" partnership between St Basils and a local NHS Trust

Thursday 10th December 2015

The Duke of Cambridge will visit Keogh Barracks, Aldershot, to award members of 22 Field Hospital with their Government Ebola Medal for Service in West Africa during the 2014/15 Ebola outbreak. This is the first medal awarded for service in a humanitarian crisis.

Video:
The Duke of Cambridge has paid tribute to First World War servicemen whose bravery earned them the Victoria Cross, including a lance corporal who single-handedly stormed a machine gun post. William laid a wreath during a service outside Birmingham's Hall of Memory as he unveiled 10 of 627 memorial stones commissioned by the Government to honour all those awarded the Victoria Cross (VC) during the Great War-

Home - ITNSource News

PRINCE William today awarded medals to heroic military medics who helped in the fight against Ebola.

The future monarch gave the Government Ebola Medal for Service in West Africa to members of 22 Field Hospital.

Last October they were deployed to Sierra Leone – one of the countries worst affected by the outbreak – for six months.

They set up a treatment unit to care for the brave aid workers helped treat those with the disease.

Some had to be admitted for treatment themselves after contracting Ebola
Read more: Heroes of Ebola crisis awarded military medals by Prince William | Royal | News | Daily Express

Video:
The Duke of Cambridge has presented medals to British Army medics who helped tackle the devastating Ebola outbreak in West Africa. William visited Keogh Barracks in Mytchett, Surrey, to recognise the efforts of personnel from the army's 22 Field Hospital and from other units that were mobilised to help combat the epidemic last year-

Home - ITNSource News

The UK's Diplomatic Academy is based in the Foreign & Commonwealth Office.

Kensington Palace ‏@KensingtonRoyal
The Duke of Cambridge will mark the first anniversary year of the @UKDipAcademy with a visit to the @foreignoffice on Tuesday 16 February

Last edited:
Given the venue, the Foreign and Commonwealth Office, this is the kind of language I would expect. Not sure he's sending signals

Prince William today gave a strong signal that he wants Britain to stay in the European Union, telling civil servants that uniting with international allies was the 'bedrock of our security and prosperity'.

The Duke of Cambridge said Britain had long been an 'outward looking nation' and said the 'ability to unite in common action with other nations is essential' in an 'increasingly turbulent world'.

And he all but named the EU as he referenced international organisations such as the United Nations, Nato and 'elsewhere' as institutions that help Britain affirms its 'commitment to working in partnership with others'.

Prince William was presenting awards to members of the Foreign Office's Diplomatic Academy.
Read more: Prince William gives strong signal he wants Britain to STAY in the EU | Daily Mail Online

:previous: I agree - no signals re Europe. What else was he supposed to talk about. Just media spinning.

we can work in partnership with Europe without being in the EU, there is the Commonwealth, China, US etc.

And whatever the outcome, we would still be part of NATO.

I am so tired of UK media giving opinion and spin in news articles instead of facts. :bang:

Look, he doesn’t even mention the EU; he avoids it because his staff obviously realise that Royals should not get involved in elections and referenda. He talks about being outward looking but working in partnership with allies.

Sure, and Brexiteers believe that just as much as those who are convinced Britain should stay in. The outers simply take a different view of what our relationship with those allies, in Europe at least, should be.

So, if you are in Britain today and you hear someone say, on the television news or in the pub, that Prince William has come out one way or the other on the EU referendum, just say no, no he hasn’t.
Read more: No, Prince William has not backed the campaign to keep the UK in the EU - CapX

:previous: I agree - no signals re Europe. What else was he supposed to talk about. Just media spinning.

we can work in partnership with Europe without being in the EU, there is the Commonwealth, China, US etc.

And whatever the outcome, we would still be part of NATO.

I am so tired of UK media giving opinion and spin in news articles instead of facts. :bang:
I wholeheartedly agree cepe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom