The Duke and Duchess of Sussex and Family, News and Events 9: August 2023 -

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
“ These media sources have a slight to moderate liberal bias. They often publish factual information that utilizes loaded words (wording that attempts to influence an audience by appealing to emotion or stereotypes) to favor liberal causes.”

I rest my case.

Not believing a news organisation because it is slightly liberal biased is just silly.
Besides:

Bias Rating: LEFT-CENTER
Factual Reporting: HIGH
Press Freedom Rating: MOSTLY FREE
Media Type: Newspaper
Traffic/Popularity: Medium Traffic
MBFC Credibility Rating: HIGH CREDIBILITY

Let's move on from this discussion about the source.

It is time to move the attention to the content of the article itself.

Last edited:
You need a subscription to read the entire article, which I have. If anyone would like to just PM me.

OK, this is intersting. Dan Wootton broke at least two major royal news stories, and AFAIK he was not part of the royal rota. My theory all along was that he knew somebody, who knew sombody, who knew somebody. While I can believe that Wootton paid someone for information / tips, I don't know if it has yet been alleged, with regards to his royal reporting, the accusations of even more dastardly tactics to get stories and/or gain some kind of upper hand.

Some other random observations / reactions:
What I have read so far sounds similar to the whinging that Harry did in his book and on his promotional interviews for his book.

I think that the reporting is credible, in that the reporters are not making things up, but I think that they have contacts in the Sussex camp and their Sussex sources are feeding them information that has been spun / skewed in favor of the Sussexes, and the narrative they are trying to promote. One example of this is the allegation that the partner of "a key aide to Prince William" received £4000. If the person is who I think it is, that person worked for both the then Cambridges and Sussexes when he joined KP.

My gut tells me this is more Harry than Meghan, the reveals seem to be more his hot buttons than hers.

Like in Spare and other projects, there is an agenda to draw certain conclusions / correlations, where if critical thinking is utilized, those connections / conclusions / correlations may not be as strong as the party with the agenda wants you to think there are.

If I am understanding the article, Charles agreed to fund the Sussexes to the tune of £700,000 but then withdrew the funding because Harry refused to remove a name of the aforementioned aide in legal papers. Then where it gets really interesting is that because Charles withdrew £700,000, the Sussexes had to make high-profile commercial deals. The math makes no sense to me, multiple, multi-million dollar deals were signed to make up for £700,000??? If we are talking a £700,000 shortfall, to me it would make more sense for Meghan to reactivate her blog, one thing that would have likely been pandemic-proof, that should have been enough right there. I question Harry's qualifications for his role at Betterup, but either that or a endorsement deal with a luxury brand, would have been more than enough to cover the shortfall. It is the Sussexes prerogative to sign commercial deals, it just seems strange to me that it is being presented as something that came about out of desperation.

Since I am pretty convinced that the Sussexes are a key source for this series, it seems like they are engaging in actions that they have previously condemned and claimed, at times rightfully, to be victims of.

From my understanding of the article they were going to be funded 700,000 for the year that they were going to be abroad in Canada. When that funding was removed I think they were blindsided since this went against the agreement they made with the Queen and Charles. The reason IMO they signed all those deals was because going forward they had to immediately fund their own security. At that point also they had to set up a life outside of the BRF since the year of figuring out how to proceed was cut short and immediately. As for sources I think Dan Wooton was fed info by an insider and it appears Byline has the goods to back up these claims.

From my understanding of the article they were going to be funded 700,000 for the year that they were going to be abroad in Canada. When that funding was removed I think they were blindsided since this went against the agreement they made with the Queen and Charles. The reason IMO they signed all those deals was because going forward they had to immediately fund their own security. At that point also they had to set up a life outside of the BRF since the year of figuring out how to proceed was cut short and immediately. As for sources I think Dan Wooton was fed info by an insider and it appears Byline has the goods to back up these claims.

I recall reading somewhere that the accounts for the Duchy of Cornwall had shown that Harry continued to be funded for the first 6 months of 2020.

Thanks Hallo girl. So it appears that they weren’t funded for the full year for that transition period. It seems so long ago that they stepped back.

There was also something of a divorce settlement which I remember reading at the time, but may not be true, went on the down payment of the house. On which there is a huge mortgage. There was a couple of million handed over. Long been reported that a Harry wanted more and Charles said no and that is why he stopped taking his calls.

All these rumours have been around a long time and no evidence to back it up. Wootten is not a nice man. But to drag a very high profile former aide and his partner into this without proof has always been an ugly rumour. Given said aid gave huge confidential bridging from OS to Sussexes. Given that they were the one dealing with bullying. But partner didn’t leak these? Who potentially won from leaking the split. Answer that and you probably know who did it.

This is more of the same. Well documented in Duchy accounts that Harry got a lot of money. They weren’t going to do public service in Canada. The Canadians would not have paid for their security. Whole thing was a pipe dream.

Last edited:
I mean, it’d be hard to leak about bullying if bullying didn’t happen.

And just because it’s a paper being support of the Sussex’s, doesn’t mean that they’re the ones who put information out. This is a part 3 into an overall investigation into Dan Wotton and the connections he has. And even more importantly, a look into the royal family and the deals they have that they have with the papers. And why the papers act more as a PR arm.

I’m sure if the Sussex’s were doing shady deals with Murdoch or playing around with the press, then Byline would look into them as well.

Unfortunately, that is the Royal Family MO.

And Chris isn’t being pulled in because of nothing. This isn’t the first time Byline ran the story about cash for trade when it came to the Sussex’s, they just didn’t name who the aid was before. Now that they’ve done so, I’m assuming they information to back it up, just like they had information on Dan to back up their claims that they could give to the police. They already received emails and have those.

Simon Case either was trying to cover up and chose not to look too hard into it. There’s no reason why he couldn’t find a close link between the two but Byline is able to produce a photo of Dan with Chris and his partner at a private dinner of 20 that Dan personally paid for. That he posted about.

And being a top aid should mean nothing but the world doesn’t work that way. And being a aid means that instead of letting your son legally go after people who might be selling stories about him, you chose to instead try and bully him into doing what you want by taking away security when you know he doesn’t have it set up yet while he & his family have threats against them.

Byline still has two more parts to this story coming out I believe so it’d be interesting to see what information is brought forward with those.

And personally, if my family chose to protect an aid and threaten me with money & safety then I don’t want to hear whining about a book and Netflix deal. Because if even slither of this is true, then Harry was being extremely nice with holding this information back and it would’ve been extremely undeserved for his family.

Either way, if an aid is given more protection than the actual son his family, the royals need not whine about book deals and doc. There is no need for Harry to act as a son when security was being used as a way to try and back him into a corner. They thought, he’d come back on begging knee but thankfully aside from the deals, the Sussex’s had people who willing to step in and give them protection. What would they have done if Tyler Perry hadn’t given them a home and security, I don’t know but I’m thankful he was there.

And just because it’s a paper being support of the Sussex’s, doesn’t mean that they’re the ones who put information out. This is a part 3 into an overall investigation into Dan Wotton and the connections he has. And even more importantly, a look into the royal family and the deals they have that they have with the papers. And why the papers act more as a PR arm.

I’m sure if the Sussex’s were doing shady deals with Murdoch or playing around with the press, then Byline would look into them as well.

And Chris isn’t being pulled in because of nothing. This isn’t the first time Byline ran the story about cash for trade when it came to the Sussex’s, they just didn’t name who the aid was before. Now that they’ve done so, I’m assuming they information to back it up, just like they had information on Dan to back up their claims that they could give to the police. They already received emails and have those.

Simon Case either was trying to cover up and chose not to look too hard into it. There’s no reason why he couldn’t find a close link between the two but Byline is able to produce a photo of Dan with Chris and his partner at a private dinner of 20 that Dan personally paid for. That he posted about.

And being a top aid should mean nothing but the world doesn’t work that way. And being a aid means that instead of letting your son legally go after people who might be selling stories about him, you chose to instead try and bully him into doing what you want by taking away security when you know he doesn’t have it set up yet while he & his family have threats against them.

Byline still has two more parts to this story coming out I believe so it’d be interesting to see what information is brought forward with those.

And personally, if my family chose to protect an aid and threaten me with money & safety then I don’t want to hear whining about a book and Netflix deal. Because if even slither of this is true, then Harry was being extremely nice with holding this information back and it would’ve been extremely undeserved for his family.

Either way, if an aid is given more protection than the actual son his family, the royals need not whine about book deals and doc. There is no need for Harry to act as a son when security was being used as a way to try and back him into a corner. They thought, he’d come back on begging knee but thankfully aside from the deals, the Sussex’s had people who willing to step in and give them protection. What would they have done if Tyler Perry hadn’t given them a home and security, I don’t know but I’m thankful he was there.
The idea of the Royal Family doing deals with Rupert Murdoch and his pet journalists is laughable because if they were, then all the mess of 90s that came out in some of Murdoch’s media and News of the World is a lie or a trick but it’s not because his media has reported terribly on members of the family. Plus those stories were much bigger than Harry’s situation.

Being a top aide has nothing to do with going after journalists writing news stories about people because it’s not a good look and Harry is not the only member of the BRF to have horrible press, Charles alongside Camilla has had the worst press out of anyone in the present BRF. Aides can’t and don’t respond to every single news story written about members of the BRF. Charles wasn’t paying for Harry’s security in Canada, the Canadian government via their security services provided that, Harry’s expenses apart from security were paid for by Charles and in any case, Harry didn’t properly plan the Canada situation because the idea of a member of the BRF being given a role in Canada isn’t going to happen and Canadians wouldn’t accept that. Charles was never responsible for Harry’s security so he couldn’t and didn’t remove Harry’s security, this has been discussed long ago already.

He had no business writing a book and doing Netflix when the BRF had already agreed to pay for his expenses in California which Charles did up until July/June because the Duchy of Cornwall accounts showed payments given to Harry in its audits. The Netflix production was supposed to be done in December 2022, but the Queen died a few months before so he asked Netflix to change the date to January because the backlash wouldn’t have been great for him. No one is talking about the Netflix production since several months ago because it was only six episodes and there were again errors and misconceptions. The Spare book was a flop because he said his memories weren’t all that great and just left everything to the Ghost writer to sort out, people made fun of the content because the memorable things in that book were just silly. Harry’s not a good planner or strategist so I wouldn’t worry about him withholding information about the BRF because his memories aren’t perfect.

The BRF are just doing fine without him. The Sussexes weren’t poor children on the streets about to be mobbed without a home. It has already been explained that the BRF don’t control security RAVEC and Scotland Yard do and they understand security and assessed him. Harry had a trust fund with millions to buy himself a home, he just wanted Charles to continue to pay for his expenses. I don’t know what Tyler Perry’s intentions were behind that but okay.

Amen to that, Sir Gyamfi! The article starts on a false foundation: that the Sandringham agreement was about them doing royal work in Canada. When the Sandringham agreement clearly stated that they were not any longer working royals. That was the base of all the brouhaha, the Sussexes wanting HIHO and the late Queen denying it.

Last edited:
The idea of the Royal Family doing deals with Rupert Murdoch and his pet journalists is laughable because if they were, then all the mess of 90s that came out in some of Murdoch’s media and News of the World is a lie or a trick but it’s not because his media has reported terribly on members of the family. Plus those stories were much bigger than Harry’s situation.

Being a top aide has nothing to do with going after journalists writing news stories about people because it’s not a good look and Harry is not the only member of the BRF to have horrible press, Charles alongside Camilla has had the worst press out of anyone in the present BRF. Aides can’t and don’t respond to every single news story written about members of the BRF. Charles wasn’t paying for Harry’s security in Canada, the Canadian government via their security services provided that, Harry’s expenses apart from security were paid for by Charles and in any case, Harry didn’t properly plan the Canada situation because the idea of a member of the BRF being given a role in Canada isn’t going to happen and Canadians wouldn’t accept that. Charles was never responsible for Harry’s security so he couldn’t and didn’t remove Harry’s security, this has been discussed long ago already.

He had no business writing a book and doing Netflix when the BRF had already agreed to pay for his expenses in California which Charles did up until July/June because the Duchy of Cornwall accounts showed payments given to Harry in its audits. The Netflix production was supposed to be done in December 2022, but the Queen died a few months before so he asked Netflix to change the date to January because the backlash wouldn’t have been great for him. No one is talking about the Netflix production since several months ago because it was only six episodes and there were again errors and misconceptions. The Spare book was a flop because he said his memories weren’t all that great and just left everything to the Ghost writer to sort out, people made fun of the content because the memorable things in that book were just silly. Harry’s not a good planner or strategist so I wouldn’t worry about him withholding information about the BRF because his memories aren’t perfect.

The BRF are just doing fine without him. The Sussexes weren’t poor children on the streets about to be mobbed without a home. It has already been explained that the BRF don’t control security RAVEC and Scotland Yard do and they understand security and assessed him. Harry had a trust fund with millions to buy himself a home, he just wanted Charles to continue to pay for his expenses. I don’t know what Tyler Perry’s intentions were behind that but okay.

Thank you for stating this Sir Gyamfi and sharing the information about the British Royal Family's experience with the tabloids during the the 20th/21st centuries.

Fair enough, agree to disagree.

we stand on opposite sides of thinking about this. But I’m don’t have that much leeway to give them. Their inaction is enough to raise an eyebrow imo.

I look forward to whatever else is brought forth.

I always wonder why stories like this come out. Sure, it makes TRH The Sussexes look better and the BRF look worse, but for what purpose? If it was an American publication I could understand, but TRH The Sussexes have little to no programs in UK, in generally they, the BRF, and even the public have moved on from the drama.

Even as a Sussex supporter, and I trust that Byline Times has done their research in the story, I feel that this story is less the work of supporters on either side and more a smaller paper trying to push itself into the big leagues.

Thanks Hallo girl. So it appears that they weren’t funded for the full year for that transition period. It seems so long ago that they stepped back.

But it was a great deal more than £700,000

I always wonder why stories like this come out. Sure, it makes TRH The Sussexes look better and the BRF look worse, but for what purpose? If it was an American publication I could understand, but TRH The Sussexes have little to no programs in UK, in generally they, the BRF, and even the public have moved on from the drama.

Even as a Sussex supporter, and I trust that Byline Times has done their research in the story, I feel that this story is less the work of supporters on either side and more a smaller paper trying to push itself into the big leagues.

It is an online newspaper funded by crowd funding, no adverts etc.

Thank God for Tyler Perry for assisting them till they were able to stand on their own, and especially because of the infant child.

Thank God for Tyler Perry for assisting them till they were able to stand on their own, and especially because of the infant child.

Harry’s a millionaire. They could have sorted themselves out. They were also getting family help. This is all nonsense. Harry didn’t want to pay for private security because it is extortionate. Of course he wanted to keep on being funded. Long being reported Charles put him in touch with company and they quoted him something like 5 mill a year.

Harry didn’t even say half this in Spare. It all sounds nonsense. These people who move in these circles know eachother but it doesn’t mean they tell eachother anything. A guest at a party is not evidence. I am friendly with people who are stakeholders where I work, I don’t tell them anything other than that on a need to know. People can be and are professionals.

Harry is a multi millionaire, he chose his path, they didn’t need to leave when they did.

Harry is a multi millionaire, he chose his path, they didn’t need to leave when they did.
Also we should not forget that the couple were given one year from the end of March 2020 to determine if life in the U.S. was truly what they desired. They had the option to reconsider and return to the UK if they wished at the end of March 2021.

They are multi millionaires, and they CHOSE their path. No one made them do anything, and they weren’t ever facing poverty.

They were always perfectly capable of standing on their own…..

Last edited:
To me Dan Wootton was getting information from someone who had inside information about the Sussexes. Byline Times is referring to it as a cash-for-leaks scandal which seems to be them trying to give newfangled nefariousness to a common practice in tabloid / gossip journalism which has been referred to over the years as checkbook journalism. While I don't condone the practice I am trying to understand what the great scandal is here, unless Byline Times, in principle, has a profound problem with journalists paying sources for information.

To me, it makes a lot more sense that Dan Wootton, and likely other reporters, knew someone, who knew someone, who knew someone who shared information about royals and possibly got paid for it, again something that is a well-known practice to the point that some media organizations provide contact information to send tips or photos, than the accusations made by the Sussexes that there were daily briefings against them, snipers from the side, being fed to wolves, serving up one royal to cover up for another royal, etc. I have said before that there is something there there when it comes to certain allegations made by Harry when it comes to the BRF and the media, but I also think that he has perverted things to suit his own agenda which includes deflection from the Sussexes own misdeeds and shortcomings, and to promote a victim narrative.

To me it is possible that the former staffer accused is the direct or indirect source of information, but a picture of that staffer and Dan Wootton at the same party is not a smoking gun in my book. Also, as I mentioned previously, I am also dubious regarding some financial agreement between Charles and the Sussexes not being fulfilled because Harry refused to remove the name of a staffer from legal papers.

Could somebody remind me, did the original Dan Wotten story come out before the couple returned from Canada or while they were back in the UK in the January.

what are you saying, that Archie was going to starve in spite of his millionaire parents, if Tyler perry did not help them?

Yep 'leaked' right when they wanted it to be.' Look you believe one you have to believe all...with no co create evidence. Or you say: No to all.

Together were vocal about the 'institution' not moving fast enough. Particularly over that Christmas period. Look we don't know but really they were the only ones who felt they had something to gain from that coning out. Bounced the institution I to action. Obviously they didn't though. Cringy website ready to go amd everything.

Back
Top Bottom