The Duke and Duchess of Sussex and Family, News and Events 9: August 2023 -

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Considering that Prince Harry resides in the state that provides much of the United States with its fruits, vegetables, nuts and grains, I'm disappointed that he'd make this type of remark.

He didn’t make a type of remark. He was only referencing what someone else said during the panel. I’d understand if he randomly spit out the comment but the context of it was it him, talking about what another panel member mentioned. If there was anyone to be upset about, it would be Brian, the farmer himself who said it.

And yet these parents told a room full of people, including multiple members of the media, that they very much provided direct services. So unless you calling them liars, not sure what you are implying here.

Sorry for the double post, on mobile so I can’t quote two things (unless I can, if so, could someone explain to me how to do it)

But I’m happy hear that you were able to attend the event and that you enjoyed it.

I do wish a full video of the panel could’ve been released but I can understand why that didn’t happen.

He didn’t make a type of remark. He was only referencing what someone else said during the panel. I’d understand if he randomly spit out the comment but the context of it was it him, talking about what another panel member mentioned. If there was anyone to be upset about, it would be Brian, the farmer himself who said it.

We'll have to agree to disagree. This was a reference that he didn't need to repeat when you consider where Prince Harry currently resides.

Well that is part of being a public figure. You have to learn what you can say without it being misquoted. You need to learn ways of co existing with a public role and a private one. Those comments out of context, or not, make him sound bad. He would have been better off vaguely discussing how some people have trouble with technology and how in todays world, esp after Covid, this is a form of indeed poverty.

As for archewell, no direct claims or evidence they provide direct services. Money for it maybe.

My point exactly. If you read an entire statement or watch an entire segment than you won't be misquoted. It's only blurbs and half sentences that get the attention and not the whole point of view:flowers:

[.....]

Also, what private citizens do with their money is of no concern to me. And frankly no one has to change their life because you don’t like how they are living it. You can want privacy and still go outside. Shocking, I know:
Ain't that the truth. They choose when and where they are seen and or photographed however, they have kept their children so isolated from the media that some strange people allege that their youngest, Lillibet, doesn't actually exist! I would say they are, for the most part getting it right and protecting their children from a life of flash bulbs in their faces.

Harry wasn't insulting anyone. Brian was a member of one of the panels who is a farmer (who was wearing very stylish ostrich boots!) spoke about how he was clueless about technology. He was literally referencing his comments, which everyone understood.

Granted only the Sussexes clips were seen but this is what happens when you pull things out of context and twist them to suit your own agenda.

ACO, he might have been "referencing" Brian, but his words stand on their own. He said it, he owns it. He was most certainly "generalizing". Big mistake.

Much like other ridiculous statements, that have proved over the past few years Harry is not to bright, savvy or with much common sense, when he goes "off script". Without facts or preparation.

I will say though, that after watching that unbelievable clip a few times, EVEN Harry seemed very ill at ease and uncomfortable. I guess even he knew he was "treading in dangerous waters".

I guess we will have to disagree on this one.
In the face of an obvious situation where Harry referenced the words a man chose to describe himself, regardless of context, it has become a weapon to beat him with. Accusing him of "generalising", denigrating his intelligence, his general nous, his common sense and claiming on these "facts" that he had no facts or worse, preparation.

Basically, in the words of Abraham Lincoln: "If you look for the bad in mankind expecting to find it, you surely will."

MARG, to clarify, Harry was guilty of generalizations. Alright, he REFERENCES 'Brian' as a Chicken Farmer, BUT then proceeds to link THAT to "People living IN THE MIDDLE NOWHERE, and, as a Parent, HE IS APPARENTLY SOMEHOW STILL EXPECTED to navigate around social media for his kids".
WOW. Again Harry's words.

All People deal with those challenges. From Chicken Farmers, Supermarket Cashiers, Fishermen, to Nurses, To Firemen, Politicians, To Company Executives.

And yes, Harry has continuously demonstrated to Me, a great lack of common sense or smarts since leaving "The Team" that was provided to him as a Senior Working Royal.

"A Team", that surrounded and guided Harry, in dealing with The Public and his Work. He had Royal Security Officer's, (that not only protected him from Public interactions, but also sadly, One got beaten up by Harry, as he strangely states in Spare ) Secretaries, Press Officers, As well as special 'mentors' like Mark Dyer, who became a very important figure in Harry's life after Diana's death.

Some of us feel that they were fantastic, unbelievably successful in presenting a extraordinary "image" of an idealized Prince Harry that was more a facade, than unfortunately true. Not the petulant and aggrieved Harry as shown in Interviews and Spare.

Again my opinion.

Last edited:
Ain't that the truth. They choose when and where they are seen and or photographed however, they have kept their children so isolated from the media that some strange people allege that their youngest, Lillibet, doesn't actually exist! I would say they are, for the most part getting it right and protecting their children from a life of flash bulbs in their faces.

In the face of an obvious situation where Harry referenced the words a man chose to describe himself, regardless of context, it has become a weapon to beat him with. Accusing him of "generalising", denigrating his intelligence, his general nous, his common sense and claiming on these "facts" that he had no facts or worse, preparation.

Basically, in the words of Abraham Lincoln: "If you look for the bad in mankind expecting to find it, you surely will."

Basically. Then again it’s been implied these poor parents lied about support groups and what not, so this is pretty on brand.

Basically. Then again it’s been implied these poor parents lied about support groups and what not, so this is pretty on brand.

I'm not. I am saying that in all liklihood that Archewell provided a grant to the organisations that provide this. It is their money. They, from their own account, do not provide direct services.

Like the Wales children you mean? Whatever Harry's childhood, and it was horrendous in terms of media, his niece and nephews do not have an exposed childhood. Their parents walk the line very well.

Why would their private jet take them to Atlanta, unless they were planning to spend time in Atlanta before going home?

Possibly, going to see Tyler since he’s based there and could be visiting him

Why would their private jet take them to Atlanta, unless they were planning to spend time in Atlanta before going home?

I agree with changemysoul that there is a possibility that they're going to meet with Tyler Perry before they return to CA.

Like the Wales children you mean? Whatever Harry's childhood, and it was horrendous in terms of media, his niece and nephews do not have an exposed childhood. Their parents walk the line very well.
Please, I am neither implying nor referencing the Wales's and how they handle their children. William and Harry are two totally different people with different life experiences and different destinies. How each has been impacted by their past is impossible to know because their "lived" experiences are different. They are different, in age, in temperament, in their lifestyles and are thus significantly different people who are raising their children to cope with their individual futures and protect their innocence as long as the can.

Last edited:
Please, I am neither implying nor referencing the Wales's and how they handle their children. William and Harry are two totally different people with different life experiences and different destinies. How each has been impacted by their past is impossible to know because their "lived" experiences are different. They are different, in age, in temperament, in their lifestyles and are thus significantly different people who are raising their children to cope with their individual futures and protect their innocence as long as the can.

I would like to mention that their experiences were not that different until a certain point, that the age difference is two years which, after the age of 10 is becoming less and less important, and, yes, temperament, character, aim and personality can take such similar contexts and transform it into two very different persons. Nobody is wronged, people are different from birth.

And yet these parents told a room full of people, including multiple members of the media, that they very much provided direct services. So unless you calling them liars, not sure what you are implying here.

I am not calling anyone a liar but I am confused.

The Archewell website doesn't provide any information about hosting support groups. There is no indication that Archewell employs licensed counsellors. Where do the support groups meet? The website doesn't have phone numbers or contact information for parents to reach out, so how did these parents join a support group?

Archewell is based in California but the foundation event was in New York City, were the parents flown in? The parents are not lying but my guess is that they are saying that Archewell supports a group that provides a location and counsellors. Archewell, like all foundations, fundraises and supports other organizations.

I am not calling anyone a liar but I am confused.

The Archewell website doesn't provide any information about hosting support groups. There is no indication that Archewell employs licensed counsellors. Where do the support groups meet? The website doesn't have phone numbers or contact information for parents to reach out, so how did these parents join a support group?

Archewell is based in California but the foundation event was in New York City, were the parents flown in? The parents are not lying but my guess is that they are saying that Archewell supports a group that provides a location and counsellors. Archewell, like all foundations, fundraises and supports other organizations.
If you go on the Archewell website and click on the icons for the charities that they support you will find the information for each one. Mind was one of the organizations listed and they provide mental health information. Hope that helps.

Harry always looks happy at motor sports. He thoroughly enjoys them and it seems that he finds the men there relatable as they find him. Good times all round.

I would like to mention that their experiences were not that different until a certain point, that the age difference is two years which, after the age of 10 is becoming less and less important, and, yes, temperament, character, aim and personality can take such similar contexts and transform it into two very different persons. Nobody is wronged, people are different from birth.
I hear what you are saying however, the moment William was sent to Ludgrove boarding school marked the end of the time they "lived" together as a family. The next time that happened was when they both used Nottingham Cottage as a bachelor pad. In between times they played polo together but that closeness was gone. When Harry entered both Ludgrove and Eton William told him to stay away as he didn't want his little brother hanging around which is understandable. Interestingly, they both made friends at school and some of those friends were brothers too.

Last edited by a moderator:
I hear what you are saying however, the moment William was sent to Ludgrove boarding school marked the end of the time they "lived" together as a family. The next time that happened was when they both used Nottingham Cottage as a bachelor pad. In between times they played polo together but that closeness was gone. When Harry entered both Ludgrove and Eton William told him to stay away as he didn't want his little brother hanging around which is understandable. Interestingly, they both made friends at school and some of those friends were brothers too.

I can’t agree with you. They always lived together in Kensington and Highgrove and later Highgrove and St James. Nottingham Cottage was never a bachelor pad. They never lived there together and William only lived their when he was married. William loved with Harry before he moved in with Kate. They shared a flat in St James’. When William got married Harry moved into Kensington…into a one bed. William was in Wales. They had a perfectly normal family living arrangement…given many homes. And they were at boarding schools. So are loads of people.

Let’s move on from rehashing the childhood and family life of Prince William and Prince Harry. This thread is limited to current events of the Duke and Duchess of Sussex.

I saw photographs of Harry at the grand prix, he appeared very relaxed and animated. This appears to be his comfort zone, similar to the Invictus games rather than more formal events.

I saw photographs of Harry at the grand prix, he appeared very relaxed and animated. This appears to be his comfort zone, similar to the Invictus games rather than more formal events.
Yes he does seem far more relaxed at these types of outdoor and sports related events. ?

“ These media sources have a slight to moderate liberal bias. They often publish factual information that utilizes loaded words (wording that attempts to influence an audience by appealing to emotion or stereotypes) to favor liberal causes.”

I rest my case.

Back
Top Bottom