The Duke and Duchess of Sussex and Family, News and Events 9: August 2023 -

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Was it actually confirmed or pics taken of their 7 car convoy? Just curious. I know a few newspapers ran with that number. I think they did get the coverage that they needed to show support for their Archewell endeavors here in NYC and we will I am sure hear more about the work with other charities they will be doing going forward. I would think everyone including the Royal family are trying to figure out how best to serve people suffering in these times.

Maryrose, I can assure you that here in The States that The Sussex's did NOT "get the coverage they needed to support their Archewell endeavors".

Again, EVERYTHING got pushed off, sidelined and the News was rightfully focused on the atrocities and the continuing aftermath of The Terror Attack in Israel.

What coverage there was, was muted. Greatly so.
That being said, it would have happened had it even been William and Kate visiting NYC. People, and Media's attention was elsewhere.

Last edited:
H & M's lack of self awareness is astounding they are a middle aged couple. The inappropriateness of the whole trip, Meghan's clothing the show of all the vehicles; it all is ridiculous, their message to the people at the meeting was a joke. What did this display of ridiculousness cost Archwell, was it worth it.

Last edited:
They are the most completely un-self aware people! I have a neighbor in her mid-40s who lives off a Trust Fund but wants to go around the gentrifying neighborhood telling working class people how to live — just like her. Clueless!!

Maryrose, I can assure you that here in The States that The Sussex's did NOT "get the coverage they needed to support their Archewell endeavors".

Again, EVERYTHING got pushed off, sidelined and the News was rightfully focused on the atrocities and the continuing aftermath of The Terror Attack in Israel.

What coverage there was, was muted. Greatly so.
That being said, it would have happened had it even been William and Kate visiting NYC. People, and Media's attention was elsewhere.

It was a couple of days coverage here in the NY papers but I agree everyone was pushed off to the sidelines. Don't think anyone's work or visits were as publicized and rightly so.

All show, no substance.

As an American who has lived many years in agricultural regions, Harry’s condescending remarks about farmers not understanding social media was beyond the pale! His father would never make such an ignorant assertion, and Harry shot himself in the foot by thereby reinforcing his image as an out-of-touch, spoiled elitist. He is his own worst enemy, unfortunately.

As an American who has lived many years in agricultural regions, Harry’s condescending remarks about farmers not understanding social media was beyond the pale! His father would never make such an ignorant assertion, and Harry shot himself in the foot by thereby reinforcing his image as an out-of-touch, spoiled elitist. He is his own worst enemy, unfortunately.

I hadn’t heard about this. Was this said this last visit in NYC? Thanks.

I hadn’t heard about this. Was this said this last visit in NYC? Thanks.

It was during the recent panel session in New York, yes.

Am I allowed to link to TwitterX? Because this post contains the clip. Mods - I am sharing for the clip, not the blog runner's views, but please feel free to remove if this is breaking the rules.

I don't think Harry was deliberately putting farmers down, but his words came across as ignorant. Farmers in my area are surprisingly high-tech - they have apps and systems to control and gather information about many aspects of their businesses. They are not technologically illiterate yokels. And not unaware of how the online world works just because they live in remote locations.

Last edited:
Just desperately trying to keep relevant. And no they don’t need that security. Most of his blood family don’t even have security let’s be honest. Let alone 7 cars. Most have outriders and things on official business and that is it.

I just don’t know why they bother. They have nothing to add to any conversation, no qualifications. Having them attached is more of a negative. Invictus is an excellent cause. Stick to that.

Regarding 7 blacked-out security vehicles to take the Sussexes around the block ...

Back in the 1990's, during a September UN General Assembly, I chanced to see a motorcade in midtown Manhattan. There was a police car, a limo with clear windows, a black car and another police car. The man in the limo was Fidel Castro, wearing his uniform and green cap. If Castro didn't need 6 extra security vehicles, why do these two?

Am I allowed to link to TwitterX? Because this post contains the clip. Mods - I am sharing for the clip, not the blog runner's views, but please feel free to remove if this is breaking the rules.

I don't think Harry was deliberately putting farmers down, but his words came across as ignorant. Farmers in my area are surprisingly high-tech - they have apps and systems to control and gather information about many aspects of their businesses. They are not technologically illiterate yokels. And not unaware of how the online world works just because they live in remote locations.

Cringe making stuff. Considering he went to the best schools, followed by Sandhurst, probably used hi tech in the military he really does not get it.

Patronising . Entitled. No empathy unless it is a hug.

I have the impression that neither of them actually prepare for a speaking event , do not do their homework, just go on stage and ramble on.
Or maybe it let’s us see how much support Harry was given within the ‘family’ to prepare for events, those , I include myself, who have said that Harry has changed since Meghan have the wrong end of the stick , he is the same , what is missing is the support from professionals. Just my IMO obviously, it is just at times you see things through a different lens.

Last edited:
Cringe making stuff. Considering he went to the best schools, followed by Sandhurst, probably used hi tech in the military he really does not get it.

I have the impression that neither of them actually prepare for a speaking event , do not do their homework, just go on stage and ramble on.
Or maybe it let’s us see how much support Harry was given within the ‘family’ to prepare for events, those , I include myself, who have said that Harry has changed since Meghan have the wrong end of the stick , he is the same , what is missing is the support from professionals. Just my IMO obviously, it is just at times you see things through a different lens.

Well said, HalloGirl. I think Prince Harry also has a spongelike aspect where he adopts the value system of those he’s around. From Army lads to the BRF to the ethos of. Montecito - he’s rather like a mirror, reflecting his cohorts.

Penguin is hopeful that "Spare" will receive a Grammy nomination for its audio version.

https://www.newsweek.com/prince-harry-spare-memoir-grammy-awards-voting-1834181

Prince Harry's publishers have signaled their hope that the royal's 15-hour self-read recording of his memoir, Spare, will secure a nomination for the 66th Annual Grammy Awards.
In a post on X, formerly Twitter, on Wednesday, publishers Penguin Random House Audio uploaded an image of the book cover with the caption "For your Grammy consideration" listing the category of: "Best Audio Book, Narration & Storytelling Recording."
Newsweek reached out to Penguin Random House and representatives of Prince Harry for comment.
Harry's audiobook became a viral sensation after its global release on January 10. A number of social media users posted edited clips and compilations from the recording across platforms, many highlighting the bizarre nature of hearing Harry making personal revelations in his own voice.

The Slide, downward trajectory continues unabated.

Yes, 'Heart of Invictus' was a resounding success, BUT for a niche audience, compromised of Military and Veteran Supporters. But, as an American I don't think it unfortunately resonated with the "masses", viewer ship wise. The rating numbers just weren't there.

That has to concern both The Sussex's AND Netflix going forward.

The Sussex's can't seem to find their own footing and be relevant, as influential and relevant VIP's with Global Reach. Seems that Ship has sailed, without them.
The "grifter" and hypocrites label seems to have stuck, as well as the devastating parody mocking them by South Park.

Their Spotify Contract was cancelled, as these Streaming Industries ARE monitoring the bottom dollar line. Solely now.
Hollywood Productions are "shrinking" . New ballgame, new rules. Name recognition and Status, with big bucks being paid on that factor alone are OVER.

Perhaps these setbacks, in a EVER Increasingly dangerous World, will prompt Harry to reach out to Charles, for his own and his children's sake.

Some soul searching and see how a reception might be for Harry to take Archie and Lili over for a visit, without Meghan. A short one, otherwise to much pressure and drama potential. Just one on one, Harry and Charles and the grandkids. Then visit Eugenie and her little ones. A start, somewhere.

On some level, I would assume he misses *something* about home ? Familiar food, Television shows, Sports coverage ? Things that are so "comforting".
Just my opinion here , after a horrible week of incalculable horrific news.

Last edited:

I don't think Harry was deliberately putting farmers down, but his words came across as ignorant. Farmers in my area are surprisingly high-tech - they have apps and systems to control and gather information about many aspects of their businesses. They are not technologically illiterate yokels. And not unaware of how the online world works just because they live in remote locations. i

That is disappointing as he currently resides in the state the produces much of the nation's fruit and vegetables. I wonder if he has actually ventured into California's San Joaquin Valley? Perhaps he should drive up the 101 north to Cal Poly San Luis to see that university's contributions to the agriculture communities?

Last edited:

To be honest this was definitely a cringeworthy performance - groundbreaking I would have thought. We're all familiar with how badly he performed in his IT exam prior to entering the Services. And I'm sure if Ryan the chicken-farmer really has ostrich-boots, he most likely ordered them online. Harry and Meghan suffer from the lack of someone to keep them on the straight and narrow, as it seems they have very little idea of the real world on their own.

To be honest this was definitely a cringeworthy performance - groundbreaking I would have thought. We're all familiar with how badly he performed in his IT exam prior to entering the Services. And I'm sure if Ryan the chicken-farmer really has ostrich-boots, he most likely ordered them online. Harry and Meghan suffer from the lack of someone to keep them on the straight and narrow, as it seems they have very little idea of the real world on their own.

Well he is royal. I mean would he? Their is an empathy that comes with talking about the lives of others- I don't think Harry changed at all. I agree, he was managed well. He just sounds like the all air person he is now. She I am uninterested in. Whatever she thought she was bagging with this marriage though didn't work out.

Mothrpoet, nailed it......"certainly not thought well out"......that has been both the problem, AND their 'modus operandi' since The Sussex's left
and departed The Firm with the ill conceived and fated Half in - Half out Debacle.

And I think that the rescue "chickens are coming home to roost" in Montecito. Its seems many are tired of the endless complaints and allegations. It is just old, tiresome and repetitive now. The message is suspect, as is.... The Messengers.

Perhaps Harry should just focus on what he knows and is good at, Invictus Causes. And Meghan, I don't know, resurrect "The Tig " and get big bucks for endorsements. Stick with what they have proven success with.

Because The Duke and Duchess's dreams of being Global Influencers, with their input sought and valued on cultural, social and political issues in The States especially..... IS NOT HAPPENING.

Hopefully, they will figure this out.

Last edited:
Dr. Matè seems to have remorse about his interview with Harry. It was an odd pairing for both sides, certainly not well thought out.

Just the curse of having anything to do with controversial figures. And caught up in badly conceived ideas.

They have no hope of creating the “brand” they wanted. I just don’t know how they are going to maintain the exorbitant lifestyle.

This is a really excellent point about Harry being the same, that blaming Meghan for changing him is inaccurate. The RF has a team of professionals who do all the research to help them look good and sound good when doing a public event. Whatever resources Harry has now obviously doesn’t prepare him in the same way.
His own mother years ago said he wasn’t very intelligent and that often shows when he speaks.

Thinking about professional support made me think of Charles. He truly seems knowledgeable and has been shown to be ahead of his time on some issues. I wonder how he learned about a lot of the issues he’s passionate about? His father had a lot of the same interests, but your comments just made me ponder what other influences helped Charles to become so knowledgeable.:flowers:

Because The Duke and Duchess's dreams of being Global Influencers, with their input sought and valued on cultural, social and political issues in The States especially..... IS NOT HAPPENING.

Hopefully, they will figure this out.

I don't know if they are capable of realizing no one wants their input on any of the above. There is nothing serious about them, no gravitas. They have nothing to offer. They thought just being a member of the BRF would be enough but there has to be substance behind that and neither of them have that. Unless they can look inward and gain some humility it will be one flop after another.

Dr. Matè seems to have remorse about his interview with Harry. It was an odd pairing for both sides, certainly not well thought out.

Actually listening to the interview, he doesn't regret talking to Harry. What he regret was allowing the UK Media to get under his skin and affect him. All it did was confirm to him what Harry was speaking about. He said that the UK press launched an attack on him all because he spoke with Harry. Way to prove him right.

--

I actually attended the event for Archewell. The way people talk about them here is not how people view them. They held the room. People from all backgrounds were in attendance. Many from the corporate world looking to collaborate with them.

It was great hearing from people who had first hand experience benefitting from the work Archewell has been doing behind the scenes. People can think whatever they want about them but overall and outside the "royal bubble" (which is very small) most don't care about that drama. I saw that first hand.

Actually listening to the interview, he doesn't regret talking to Harry. What he regret was allowing the UK Media to get under his skin and affect him. All it did was confirm to him what Harry was speaking about. He said that the UK press launched an attack on him all because he spoke with Harry. Way to prove him right.

--

I actually attended the event for Archewell. The way people talk about them here is not how people view them. They held the room. People from all backgrounds were in attendance. Many from the corporate world looking to collaborate with them.

It was great hearing from people who had first hand experience benefitting from the work Archewell has been doing behind the scenes. People can think whatever they want about them but overall and outside the "royal bubble" (which is very small) most don't care about that drama. I saw that first hand.

Do you mind giving an example of “the work archewell has been doing behind the scenes”? Genuine question, because I never understood WHAT it’s doing.

ACO, I guess we will see. Could you please give us a first hand account of some of the Corporations interested in partnerships with The Sussex's.

Because from my perspective I don't see much there in the pipeline. Some, jumped immediately to distance ANY hint of collaboration with them, like Dior.
Or Spotify, that cancelled their Contract and publicly stated why.

I suppose it is understandable that Archewell would have People there that BENEFITED from Archewell Endeavors. What they are, how they benefited I would love to know too.

Back
Top Bottom